AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-06-30, 21:53   Link #32021
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I blame college, myself; your freshman year all but nuked your writing...
Freshman year was a mess all around. Grades-wise, depression-wise... not a fun year, nope nope.

But I'm picking it up again. I probably will never produce a lemon, though. I have no sexual experience, and I don't like writing things I don't know at least somewhat personally. The closest I've ever gotten to sex is reading romance novels.
Old 2011-06-30, 21:55   Link #32022
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
But I'm picking it up again.
None of us are ever going to match Nanya ever again, though.

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2011-06-30 at 22:04. Reason: Clarification is much needed, apparently.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 21:56   Link #32023
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Hey, look, it's been 3 days since my last update, and I should be in bed now.

But, no, I'm slaving away for my readers!

So, enjoy!

BTW, this part happens at the same time as the previous 2-3 parts did.

Red 1-50

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Red 51:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 21:57   Link #32024
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... speak of the devil.
Old 2011-06-30, 21:59   Link #32025
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
None of us are ever going to match Nanya ever again, though.
...You know, the first time I read that line, I thought you (in a direct reply to RB's comment about not having had sex) were saying that none of us would ever have a sexual experience as good as one that Nanya had.

...Then on second reading I thought you meant that none of us would ever be able to write a sexually explicit fic as good as he did sometime in the past.

...Only after he posted his latest chapter did I realize that (I think! ) you mean his incredible update schedule (which I agree, I can only dream about matching such a thing!).
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:00   Link #32026
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Nanya's speed is incredible. God knows I could never keep up with him.

EDIT: .... God, that sounds dirty the more I think about it. Damn my mind!
Old 2011-06-30, 22:00   Link #32027
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
My bad? I was originally cranking these out at a much faster rate, but... well, then I hit the actual main Shadowverse storyline and all of the lovely dissecting of Lutecia's psyche, plus I got into college. I'm close to the end, but it's harder to get to since I made the whole series much darker than I originally intended.
*pat pat* There there, now that we know that Dezo is actually a willing soul to do it, all is forgotten.

Lemonblock. I like this word. xD

Also, how about we just combine both ideas to a awkward sexual storage closet bondage experience?
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:00   Link #32028
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... yeah, I was talking about his update schedule. >.>
Old 2011-06-30, 22:00   Link #32029
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Quote:
... speak of the devil.
That was rather eerie.

Damn it Nanya, are you a machine or something?
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:02   Link #32030
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
*pat pat* There there, now that we know that Dezo is actually a willing soul to do it, all is forgotten.
Dezo could probably do it better than I could, anyway. Speaking of which, Dezo, if you really want to do it, just PM me and I'll fill you in on the details to what leads up to the actual lemon. I've got it all planned out at this point, it's just a matter of writing it and publishing it.
Old 2011-06-30, 22:02   Link #32031
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Dezo could probably do it better than I could, anyway. Speaking of which, Dezo, if you really want to do it, just PM me and I'll fill you in on the details to what leads up to the actual lemon. I've got it all planned out at this point, it's just a matter of writing it and publishing it.
... you mean to say you've been holding out on us? D:
Old 2011-06-30, 22:02   Link #32032
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
...You know, the first time I read that line, I thought you (in a direct reply to RB's comment about not having had sex) were saying that none of us would ever have a sexual experience as good as one that Nanya had.

...Then on second reading I thought you meant that none of us would ever be able to write a sexually explicit fic as good as he did sometime in the past.

...Only after he posted his latest chapter did I realize that (I think! ) you mean his incredible update schedule (which I agree, I can only dream about matching such a thing!).
Oh thank God I thought I was the only one who read it that way!
Old 2011-06-30, 22:03   Link #32033
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I said I planned up to the beginning of it. I don't have anything planned for how it actually happens. I've had three years to think about this and how it would happen, after all.
Old 2011-06-30, 22:07   Link #32034
NTFTH

Quote:
... yeah, I was talking about his update schedule. >.>
I would kill to be able to update as fast as Nanya, I'm lucky if I manage finish a new chapter in under a week.
NTFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:07   Link #32035
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
I said I planned up to the beginning of it. I don't have anything planned for how it actually happens. I've had three years to think about this and how it would happen, after all.
Oh, I'd never write the lemon for that moment. On the one hand, I can't imagine where I'd begin writing sweet, shy, loving, slightly clumsy, two-virgins-feeling-their-way-through-their-long-awaited-mutual-first-time sex. And regardless if I did it well or did it badly, it would interfere with your own story and the way you set it up.
Old 2011-06-30, 22:08   Link #32036
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
That was rather eerie.

Damn it Nanya, are you a machine or something?
Nope. My muse is a slave driver though...

ACK! Put that whip away!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:08   Link #32037
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Quote:
I still call for a crack storage closet bondage ficcie xD!

Let RB do the two-virgins-feeling-their-way-through-their-long-awaited-mutual-first-time sex however she wants to. We've been waiting for three years, another few months or so won't hurt.
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 22:08   Link #32038
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Oh, I'd never write the lemon for that moment. On the one hand, I can't imagine where I'd begin writing sweet, shy, loving, slightly clumsy, two-virgins-feeling-their-way-through-their-long-awaited-mutual-first-time sex. And regardless if I did it well or did it badly, it would interfere with your own story and the way you set it up.
Meh, mostly all I have is a lot of build-up to the actual moment, then the fade to black. A lot of it is just generally both of them being nervous, Nanoha having a bit of an overprotective moment as Fate shoos her out of the house, and Caro being her teasing, but well-meaning self when it comes to Lutecia. The actual sex is a fade to black moment. Imagination works best for that kind of thing, IMO.
Old 2011-06-30, 22:16   Link #32039
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Meh, mostly all I have is a lot of build-up to the actual moment, then the fade to black. A lot of it is just generally both of them being nervous, Nanoha having a bit of an overprotective moment as Fate shoos her out of the house, and Caro being her teasing, but well-meaning self when it comes to Lutecia. The actual sex is a fade to black moment. Imagination works best for that kind of thing, IMO.
Well I guess it is a safer bet than trying to actually write that stuff only to end up with lines like "so good I could vomit" and "She's good like a skilled prostitute" (Oh, Nasu)

I still vouch for crack storage closet bondage, though
Old 2011-06-30, 22:17   Link #32040
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
See, you made a perfectly good argument there for why I would never want to "fill it in." It's a conversation I've had repeatedly with deathcurse over the pointlessness of sex scenes in romance novels. A lemon fic is there for two reasons: to "appeal to the prurient interest," as the saying goes, and to make points about the characters which are about or centered on the sexual matters. The fic you've described there is one in which an explicit depiction of the sex would add nothing to it and probably get in the way of enjoying the character moments. It's all about Vivio and Lutecia finally putting the past behind them--the long wait for Vivio to mature both physically and emotionally, and the struggle for Lutecia to face up to her own past and come to terms with who she really is, and for Vivio to accept that person. It's the climax of a loving relationship that we've seen building through three years of stories, not of a series of sexual tension that's been inevitably leading to the bedroom.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha