AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-15, 08:31   Link #61
Westlo
Lets be reality

NA, rolling on Serpentise (sp) Ilse which is the unofficial aus PVE server, will probably roll on titans valley as well which is looking like another blackrock and briarcliff.

Rolled a High Elf Female Warrior called Sheryl on SI, will probably roll Slayer Castanic Female on TV.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 08:45   Link #62
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Well this download is silly, was cruising along at about 1MB/s for the first 20%, and now its dropped to 120K/s.

What server you guys on? NA or EU?
Wait, someone is playing on EU here?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 09:11   Link #63
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Made my Lancer On the Dragon server.

<-- Vahan

and now my Aman babe. XD

<--- Zenga

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2012-04-15 at 09:26.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 11:19   Link #64
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
NA is better than EU so you should head to NA, unless you live in Asia in which case you can't since there's a region lock. Server is Dragonfall.

And what do you mean syn? You can only make 1 character so only 1 name can be reserved. Although the names can be reused it doesn't mean they're all tied to your account.
Old 2012-04-15, 13:07   Link #65
Jaden

Personally I'll be playing on EU, just because...that's what I preordered without second thoughts. It's the last day of closed beta, my bishounen elf is about to get wiped..can't be motivated to play

BTW, Frogster is also doing huge, sweeping IP blocks so I doubt there any countries that would be blocked from the NA version but not the EU..
Old 2012-04-15, 14:09   Link #66
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Frogster mostly only blocks the former Soviet Union block, I think. En Masse also blocks Japan (maybe), China, Russia(n region), Middle East, and Africa.

"En Masse has a license to operate TERA game servers in North America. This means that if you are in North America, South America, Europe (excluding Russia), and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand, Micronesia, Melanesia, and Polynesia) you can play on En Masse Servers."

Source
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 15:42   Link #67
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Oh well. There may be censors but complaining about it is stupid when you can de-censor it by using mods. While it's against the TOS, a member of the TERA team at Forums has said that you must use them at your own discretion ; There will be no bans of using it. While in Europe it says even in FAQ somewhere that it leads into a ban. In either case, the launcher doesn't check for file modifications so there's no way for them to find out if you're using mods or not.
You can get banned on NA for modding too, just read their ToS. Both don't care. And I don't see why one shouldn't complain about censorship just because you can use a mod to uncensor it. It's just the principle of the matter. That kind of crap shouldn't be even happening to begin with.
Old 2012-04-15, 16:36   Link #68
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
NA is better than EU so you should head to NA, unless you live in Asia in which case you can't since there's a region lock. Server is Dragonfall.

And what do you mean syn? You can only make 1 character so only 1 name can be reserved. Although the names can be reused it doesn't mean they're all tied to your account.
I meant since the preorder folks start a day early and preorder beta characters carry over into official launch, I can get a jump start on reserving names.

Ayako - elin sorcerer (already reserved)
Aeriyn - high elf priest
Ariene - human warrior
Amelie - castanic archer

That's the plan. Yes, I like names that start with A.
Old 2012-04-15, 17:49   Link #69
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I meant since the preorder folks start a day early and preorder beta characters carry over into official launch, I can get a jump start on reserving names.

Ayako - elin sorcerer (already reserved)
Aeriyn - high elf priest
Ariene - human warrior
Amelie - castanic archer

That's the plan. Yes, I like names that start with A.
Hmmm... What would give that away? :uhoh"

R's and K's used to by my names XD
Old 2012-04-15, 19:33   Link #70
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Cool, NA it is then!

Also for those downloading at slow speeds turn off P2P my speed went way back up to normal speeds.
Old 2012-04-15, 19:49   Link #71
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Cool, NA it is then!

Also for those downloading at slow speeds turn off P2P my speed went way back up to normal speeds.
I thought we went over this @_@

But yea, it depends on the time. If the game was actually playable then turn P2P on. If it isn't turn it off, because once i had it going at 1mb/s and others in the 2 digits and VERY slow with P2P on. with it off its usually always in 200's
Old 2012-04-15, 23:41   Link #72
Dist

I don't see how the option of P2P affects actual gameplay? But it should be turned off regardless, and I recommend restarting the launcher after doing so.

As was said before, NA blocks Asia and Russia .. EU shouldn't block anything. I met a person in the EU servers who was from Japan and they could play on EU without no problems. She moved to NA servers though because they're better but she has to play using proxy. She also had EU preordered but then canceled that. You do the same too, Jaden :P. NA is even cheaper .. It's 59,99€ for the EU CE. It's $59,99 for the NA CE, and $59,99 = 46€.

Btw syn, I thought character limit was 3 on retail? At least was on beta but I may be wrong for retail. I'm gonna make 3 characters anyway, where each character's name starts with Chi .. I like names with Chi in them .. (My sorcerer, who I created in ECC, is named Chiara). ... Well that's if not all names I want are taken by start of OBT.

Thany : I already said it says it in their TOS but a member of the TERA developer team has clarified on forums that you will NOT be banned for using them. And anyway, as I said, in whichever case there's no way for you to get banned because the launcher doesn't check for modified files. Just like with Dragon Nest .. And even if it did, like in the case of Elsword, you could just copy paste the modified files AFTER turning on the launcher and only then starting the game.
Old 2012-04-15, 23:57   Link #73
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
I don't see how the option of P2P affects actual gameplay? But it should be turned off regardless, and I recommend restarting the launcher after doing so.

As was said before, NA blocks Asia and Russia .. EU shouldn't block anything. I met a person in the EU servers who was from Japan and they could play on EU without no problems. She moved to NA servers though because they're better but she has to play using proxy. She also had EU preordered but then canceled that. You do the same too, Jaden :P. NA is even cheaper .. It's 59,99€ for the EU CE. It's $59,99 for the NA CE, and $59,99 = 46€.

Btw syn, I thought character limit was 3 on retail? At least was on beta but I may be wrong for retail. I'm gonna make 3 characters anyway, where each character's name starts with Chi .. I like names with Chi in them .. (My sorcerer, who I created in ECC, is named Chiara). ... Well that's if not all names I want are taken by start of OBT.

Thany : I already said it says it in their TOS but a member of the TERA developer team has clarified on forums that you will NOT be banned for using them. And anyway, as I said, in whichever case there's no way for you to get banned because the launcher doesn't check for modified files. Just like with Dragon Nest .. And even if it did, like in the case of Elsword, you could just copy paste the modified files AFTER turning on the launcher and only then starting the game.
Launch Schedule reports 8 characters per server during Head Start and Launch.

Could you get a link on that TERA developer's statement? I'd like to see some definite proof. Sorry if I'm sounding like a prick.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 00:04   Link #74
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

When more people are in game, the game will download faster with P2P on, or something.. this is whta I'm told...
Old 2012-04-16, 02:04   Link #75
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Which lead to what I meant: both NA and EU don't care since they both mentioned they wouldn't ban over such a petty thing, which makes sense
All in all, you are better off playing on your region's server. Don't listen to Dist, if you are in Europe you better off play in the European server, I hightly doubt all the European players are gonna play on the US server, so I hope you enjoy being ALONE. That and you are giving money to the dudes who forced the censorship on the game.
Old 2012-04-16, 02:25   Link #76
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Well, I have a character by the name of Vexana ready to play - an Elin at the moment, but might end up changing it to a High Elf or maybe an Amani - although I think my play times will be screwy compared to you guys.
Old 2012-04-16, 07:20   Link #77
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anyone know a VPN I can use? I want my loli.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-04-16, 07:23   Link #78
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What's a VPN? >_>
Old 2012-04-16, 07:31   Link #79
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
What's a VPN? >_>
Virtual Private Network. For masking IP addresses. I hate it when NA bastard developers gunk us SEA people with the gold-farmers in China.

Old 2012-04-16, 08:28   Link #80
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany View Post
Which lead to what I meant: both NA and EU don't care since they both mentioned they wouldn't ban over such a petty thing, which makes sense
All in all, you are better off playing on your region's server. Don't listen to Dist, if you are in Europe you better off play in the European server, I hightly doubt all the European players are gonna play on the US server, so I hope you enjoy being ALONE. That and you are giving money to the dudes who forced the censorship on the game.
Yes, because no one from NA plays at the time when EU players are awake. Yeah I'm sure. I like how you think you know me. What if I told you that my gaming time matches those of a NA, meaning that I'm better off playing with NA people than with EU people who are never on when I am.

I also like how you sound like you know what you are talking about and that I should just shut up. How about this : Anyone in this thread can choose for themselves which server to play on. Be it EU or NA. The fact is however, that EU servers are hosted on Gameforge, and say what you want but it's a fact that Gameforge servers suck. There's proof too. I live in Finland, and I fucking lag. I seriously lag at EU servers making it bad experience .. But look what is this, NA servers that are thousands of km's away from me have absolutely no lag.. Magic? No. Just better servers. There are various other reasons too why NA > EU.

I don't even see how the mods are related to this. I never said you should pick NA over EU just because you can modify the game client there without a ban.

And what's that about EU not banning over such '' petty thing ''? Should I link you to a FAQ where it explicitly states that you WILL be banned for using KR/JP files?

Oh and lastly about the censorship.. I hardly care about it, because I can bypass it. Why should I NOT play on NA JUST BECAUSE EME was forced to censor it for TERA to get lower ESRB rating? They could've gone with M but I think they wanted to appeal for larger audience by it having E or whatever it is the rating they got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Virtual Private Network. For masking IP addresses. I hate it when NA bastard developers gunk us SEA people with the gold-farmers in China.
And how are they supposed to differentiate between gold sellers and legit people? Indeed, they can't. Blame the gold sellers if you must blame someone. AnonymityNetwork is a good choice. I used that to play Dragon Nest from finland. Even though it was a proxy, I didn't lag, unlike with the SEA version of DN. Also my friend told me she's playing TERA through http://strongvpn.com/ .. It's cheaper but I don't have experience with that particular VPN.