AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-17, 17:42   Link #261
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Dammit Riker, your av + sig combo has me mesmerised every time I see it
What about my new avatar?

Episode 16 has become one of my favourite episodes.

Tomoko just steals the limelight here, from her wry sense of humour for the novel plots... to deliberately changing "brother and sister" to "cousins", poking fun at Hiroki and Elis.
And Hagino, you can't go wrong with her.

Also, a bit of background story with Kiri.
So she does know where Hiroki was all the while.
Perhaps chosing Nadesico Academy was just an excuse to "accidentally" bump into Hiroki.

Mmmmm.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 18:49   Link #262
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just viewed ep 16 myself.... I think it just put a wobble on ep3 as my favorite.

Tomoko rocked .... yes, love stories *must* be tragic

Lots of Hagino for the money despite the abundance of snore-time. Damn, why couldn't Elise have been 5 seconds later onto the balcony at the end. Then we might have seen something worthy of a pillow-smack
Looking at Hiroki and Hagino... if I guess Hiroki at 5'8", that probably makes Hagino.... about 4'10" (an inch shorter than my wife). Poor Hagino is destined to be thought of as jailbait into her 40s I predict (or perhaps thats a compliment).

Very interesting connections between devil-editor, Kiri, Hiroki, etc... and now it is abundantly clear Kiri may be consciously interested in decided what to do about Hiroki.

Not Shakespeare, but very entertaining ep...
Old 2006-02-17, 19:55   Link #263
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
What about my new avatar?

Episode 16 has become one of my favourite episodes.

Tomoko just steals the limelight here, from her wry sense of humour for the novel plots... to deliberately changing "brother and sister" to "cousins", poking fun at Hiroki and Elis.
And Hagino, you can't go wrong with her.

Also, a bit of background story with Kiri.
So she does know where Hiroki was all the while.
Perhaps chosing Nadesico Academy was just an excuse to "accidentally" bump into Hiroki.

Mmmmm.
Spoiler:

Anyway, there's no question Tomoko stole the spotlight. No wonder she won a recent popularity vote on the official website (Kiri placed second).
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 05:47   Link #264
Forever
Revealing the truth

Tomoko

Enough reason to enjoy ep16
Old 2006-02-18, 14:49   Link #265
DanielSong39

By the way, did Tomoyo (a.k.a. Hikari) get an episode?

Last edited by DanielSong39; 2006-02-18 at 17:04.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 16:28   Link #266
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
I think it was one of the first few (can't remember of the top of my head). Where she's feeding the kitties

Oh, just downloaded Kiri's and Elis's Character sketch albums <3 It's wonderful~
Old 2006-02-18, 18:40   Link #267
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
finally got around to ep 16 i loved it Hagino was so cute and it was nice to see a episode just about her. I the devil editor made me laugh with all the yelling in public and how conveint was it that she happen to be Kiris sempai from college. i though the ep was very refreshing especially how all of Hagino's friends came together to help her plus the brain storming where "and they died" was funny yes love stories are kind of better when they are tragic. Kiri seems more sure of her self when it come to Hiroki and i think we might see some progress in their relationship soon which means we might see a change in Hiroki's and Elis relationship as well looking forward to the next ep.

Oh yeah and the almost kiss on the balcony was very funny if only Elis had come a little later we really would have seen some fireworks, just way too much jailbait hanging around this guy.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2006-02-18 at 19:35.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 19:26   Link #268
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinestra
finally got around to ep 16 i loved it Tomoko was so cute and it was nice to see a episode just about her. I the devil editor made me laugh with all the yelliing in public and how coonveint that she happen to be Kiris sempai from college. i though the ep was very refreshing espcailly how all of Tomokos friends came together to help her plus the brain storming where "and they died" was funny yes love storeis are kind of better when they are tragic. Kiri seems more sure of her self when it come to Hiroki and i think we might see some progress in their relationship soon which means we might see a change in Hiroki's and Elis relationship as well looking forward to the next ep.
Think you're a bit confused on the names there. It was Hagino who was the focus of the ep, Tomoko is the super sexeh one with grey/purple hair in the large braid that hangs around her neck/ shoulder
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 23:52   Link #269
MonkeyBrains
It's what's for dinner

Episode 17 sub is out now too. I won't say too much that I haven't said before,
Spoiler:
MonkeyBrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 02:29   Link #270
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Think you're a bit confused on the names there. It was Hagino who was the focus of the ep, Tomoko is the super sexeh one with grey/purple hair in the large braid that hangs around her neck/ shoulder
"and then they died, calling each other's name." <mmmmmmmm>
Old 2006-02-19, 03:55   Link #271
DanielSong39

Is it just my imagination, or is Kiri getting the shaft in the anime? Something tells me that Kiri's story was a LOT more compelling in the game. I find it surprising that the "title" character would play second banana to a "secondary" character.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 05:34   Link #272
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

Lunar are my gods. *Downloads episode 17*
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 14:09   Link #273
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Is it just my imagination, or is Kiri getting the shaft in the anime? Something tells me that Kiri's story was a LOT more compelling in the game. I find it surprising that the "title" character would play second banana to a "secondary" character.
Well, while I understand ep 17 is the latest sub release, I wouldn't say that considering the build-up episode 19 had.

By the way, hello everyone I'm back hello world sorry for being away for so long, but you must forgive me,

Spoiler for episode 19:

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 14:28   Link #274
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Now Contracting an Assissan to take out Yanagi

All i can say what in the HELL is that Yanagi bastard back for hes been poping every now and then and its really bothering me he is exactly the kind of friend no one needs i really dislike him and i hate the fact that everyone is ok with what he did except Elis, then dinner with Kiri i sware if she ends up with him at the end of the series i am going to flig my self from the nearest cliff I dont know what Yanagis deal is he already destroyed Hirokis art career now he wants to destroy the relationship he has with Kiri i mean how low can you go. The celebration party was very cool, and it was nice to see everyone come out to support Hiroki, even though he failed the exam. I am so surpised that Kiri chose to go to dinner with Yanagi and be late for Hiroki's party but at least she did show up. Plus Hiroki says sorry for not being able to talk with her more even though she was there. I feel like they are opening up more to one another now that Kiri knows why Hiroki stop painting (thank you again Yanagi) but some of the other guys are right it seems like her role is waining a bit. i am really pulling for a HiroliXKiri ending i thini they would make a great couple. I mean Kiri has been carrying this torch around for him since high school you know she cares about the guy. i thnk theres like 4 Episodes left i hope they wrap it up with an ending we can all not go beserk about

What Elis trying to use red very cool indeed?
Old 2006-02-19, 14:38   Link #275
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Not really sure what the question was, that sentance is a bit garbled. But if you're asking what's so good about her trying to use red paint... remember she was in an accident where her parents died. Blood = red, which is what she associates that colour with now. So using red in that painting was a massive achievment for her.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 14:53   Link #276
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
All i can say what in the HELL is that Yanagi bastard back for hes been poping every now and then and its really bothering me he is exactly the kind of friend no one needs i really dislike him and i hate the fact that everyone is ok with what he did except Elis <snip>

Second that. By the way, I'm the self-proclaimed Kill Kill Yanagi club president, so any request should go to me

And about Elis -> Elis FTW Elis should go kick Yanagi's ass if he approaches within 5 miles of Hiroki. Although it IS in her best interest to get Yanagi and Kiri together you know. But she doesn't do that. Isn't she wonderful?

Bleh, Hiroki doesn't know what he's losing.
Old 2006-02-19, 16:00   Link #277
Ryusei

By the way, in episode 17, when the damn bastard tries to hit on kiri at the italian restaurant, there's a shot of the restaurant's sign and it's spelt "resrante"
As always looks like japanese have big problems with italian spelling, it should be "Ristorante"
I really wonder why animation studios never work with some kind of foreign spelling advisors... i don't think it would be such an incredible expense.
Ryusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 16:58   Link #278
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei
I really wonder why animation studios never work with some kind of foreign spelling advisors... i don't think it would be such an incredible expense.
Because no one in the target audience cares about correct spelling of foreign words. This show is aimed towards jap otakus where the most part proboboly slept through english classes and thus really don't need to know how to use latin letters nor don't care a single bit about weather the spelling is correct or not for something written in a late night anime show.
Just like how 99.9% of the people in the western world don't give a damn about what the chinese characters says outside of their china restaurant. It looks good, and that's about it.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 17:16   Link #279
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Spoiler for episode 19 raw:
Old 2006-02-20, 00:17   Link #280
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
Because no one in the target audience cares about correct spelling of foreign words. This show is aimed towards jap otakus where the most part proboboly slept through english classes and thus really don't need to know how to use latin letters nor don't care a single bit about weather the spelling is correct or not for something written in a late night anime show.
Just like how 99.9% of the people in the western world don't give a damn about what the chinese characters says outside of their china restaurant. It looks good, and that's about it.
In fact, it isn't infrequent for the billboards and other signage to have mangled japanese words in the background. Its just background. The japanese are also very fond of shirts with random English phrases on them --- the shapes of the letters are pretty.

note: I'd appreciate it if you'd use something else than the term "jap" ... it is considered derogatory in most of the world. The japanese I know react pretty much the same as one might to the terms "nigger" or "wop". If you're in that much in a hurry, type "JP" (the country domain name).

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, f&c, kadokawa, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, zexcs