AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-07, 02:54   Link #1121
DaItalianFish

Hmm, thinking of making a fan fiction of the 5th Holy Grail War from Shinji's perspective.

It wouldn't be the regular war, though. It would literally be Shinji's retelling of the war in a first person perspective, almost like Shinji himself is writing a fan fiction about the war. The main intent would that it would be humorous, but also be a glimpse into Shinji's mind, although perhaps exaggerated. Delusions would be rampant, like Shinji thinking Rin is actually just tsundere for him. It would probably get to the point (once it starts going into events that don't actually happen) where it becomes almost a parody of the war itself. Like Shinji fighting Servants type of parody.

It wouldn't be very serious, but it will still attempt to capture Shinji's core essence. Like Shinji's 'superiority complex' (with hints towards how he feels inferior, seeing as he is 'writing' the story), his desire to be a Magi (but at the same time, his hate for Magi) and how he feels about his father/being passed up for heir.

The end would have a rather massive plot twist, but I don't want to spoil it.

I'm not sure if I should do it, though. I know people really hate Shinji so writing a fic about him where he paints himself as amazing hero might result in nobody reading it.
DaItalianFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 07:36   Link #1122
Cherry_Lover

Well, I think a fic which contains things like "well, now I'd better go home and fuck Sakura, the dirty slut clearly wants it" will probably not go down too well, yes....

The problem is that Shinji is an asshole, and some of the things he does are really quite horrendous. Unless you can find a way around that it's not going to come across very well.
Old 2014-02-07, 10:23   Link #1123
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

You can definitely pull it off. You'll have to be a pretty good writer though otherwise it'll just be irritating to read.

Think Lolita or something maybe?
Old 2014-02-11, 21:19   Link #1124
Andoriol

This is going to be a bit of a huge post, for which I apologize. If this should be somewhere else or there's a better way to do this, tell me and I'll do so!

So! I have a question for y'all for a fanfiction I'm in the design stages of at the moment.

Servants in the Fate series are Heroic Spirits 'squeezed' into their Class Containers. Now, assuming we followed a Heroic-Spirit-to-be from definitively NOT HERO till they became a true Heroic Spirit, at what point do they cross the line from "Wtf is this guy being summoned for?" to "Heroic Spirit"? And at what point do they cross from being summoned as is due to being too weak, to being squeezed into their class container?

Obviously this happens, but at what point? And how?

(Side note: I know there's no Second Swing, it's just functionally identical to the First Swing from the Servant view of stats)

---

First Swing
Spoiler for “Saving Space”:

---
Third Swing

---
Fourth Swing

---
Fifth Swing

---
Sixth Swing

---
Seventh Swing

---
Eighth Swing

---
Ninth Swing

---
Tenth Swing
Andoriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 18:19   Link #1125
DaItalianFish

So, decided to do a massive crossover version of Fate/Zero. All the Servants summoned are from various anime/manga universes. Only have first chapter up, and it's only the actual summonings.

Fate/Anomaly

The Servant/Master List is here:

Spoiler:

For fun, I also made an image illustrating the pairings. Image link.
Old 2014-02-15, 20:04   Link #1126
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaItalianFish View Post
So, decided to do a massive crossover version of Fate/Zero. All the Servants summoned are from various anime/manga universes. Only have first chapter up, and it's only the actual summonings.

Fate/Anomaly

Spoiler:

1. Why not Mari instead of Rei? I think that she is more suits to be Lancer.

2. Change C.C to Lelouch or Akito.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 20:23   Link #1127
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
If the Esdese summoned is the one prior to Akame Ga Kiru chapter 16, she can probably become Waver-sexual. He pretty much fits her criteria.

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 20:34   Link #1128
DaItalianFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
1. Why not Mari instead of Rei? I think that she is more suits to be Lancer.

2. Change C.C to Lelouch or Akito.
1. Rei is supposed to use the Spear of Longinus... and I don't even think Mari has ever used a lance/spear before, so I don't really see how she would qualify. Her pairing with Kirei is also based on personality, so Mari definitely does not fit. On top of those points I also just don't really like the Rebuild films.

2. Lelouch has been done plenty of times already, and Akito is a boring character (and we hardly know anything about him). C.C. adds an entire different dynamic to the mix seeing as she can give others Geass. Plus when I picked the characters I didn't solely pick because I thought they would be 'cool' or anything; each character has their own motivation for fighting which will be illustrated in the story. Lelouch really has no reason to want to fight in a war to have a wish granted. I'm sure something could be made up, but really no matter what it would be I feel it would diminish his character, and that is the one thing I really try not to do when writing fan fiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
If the Esdese summoned is the one prior to Akame Ga Kiru chapter 16, she can probably become Waver-sexual. He pretty much fits her criteria.
This one was a bit tricky seeing as AgK isn't even over yet. I don't intend to take any 'version' of her in any specific chapter; I'm sticking with the original rule that the Servants are summoned after they have lived their life (there is one exception, though). Of course this means that I am essentially creating a fan fiction ending for AgK (well, at least Esdese's ending), but I believe that what I have in mind is a pretty realistic outlook on what is going to happen in the actual series.
Old 2014-02-16, 02:30   Link #1129
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
1. Rei is supposed to use the Spear of Longinus... and I don't even think Mari has ever used a lance/spear before, so I don't really see how she would qualify. Her pairing with Kirei is also based on personality, so Mari definitely does not fit. On top of those points I also just don't really like the Rebuild films.

2. Lelouch has been done plenty of times already, and Akito is a boring character (and we hardly know anything about him). C.C. adds an entire different dynamic to the mix seeing as she can give others Geass. Plus when I picked the characters I didn't solely pick because I thought they would be 'cool' or anything; each character has their own motivation for fighting which will be illustrated in the story. Lelouch really has no reason to want to fight in a war to have a wish granted. I'm sure something could be made up, but really no matter what it would be I feel it would diminish his character, and that is the one thing I really try not to do when writing fan fiction.
I wouldn't say Akito is a boring character. Have you watch the second episode of the OVA?

And Lelouch, he does have a reason to fight. Just like Shirou Kototmine of Acaporypha: Salvation. No, not for the world, but for himself.
Old 2014-02-16, 10:08   Link #1130
Andoriol

Quote:

Fate/Anomaly

Spoiler:

Ooooh... I like!

Question: Is Rei's Eva a Noble Phantasm for her?

Also: Oh god, Simon as a Rider. That's potentially as broken (if not more so) than Gilgamesh, holy crap. I love it.

Sadly, I don't know the other series' well enough to comment on them, though I'm curious how you're going to work the dynamic of Rei and Kirei.
Old 2014-02-16, 12:00   Link #1131
DaItalianFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
I wouldn't say Akito is a boring character. Have you watch the second episode of the OVA?

And Lelouch, he does have a reason to fight. Just like Shirou Kototmine of Acaporypha: Salvation. No, not for the world, but for himself.

Yeah, I have. He isn't anything special. And the lack of things we know about him is certainly still there; attempting to write him would not be fun.

Don't get me wrong, Lelouch is one of my favourite characters out of all anime (maybe my absolute favourite). His ending was perfect, but I still really think trying to build on that will only diminish his ending. I'm sure someone might be able to do it well, but frankly I don't believe I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andoriol View Post
Ooooh... I like!

Question: Is Rei's Eva a Noble Phantasm for her?

Also: Oh god, Simon as a Rider. That's potentially as broken (if not more so) than Gilgamesh, holy crap. I love it.

Sadly, I don't know the other series' well enough to comment on them, though I'm curious how you're going to work the dynamic of Rei and Kirei.
I don't really want to spoil anything, but I'll answer your questions somewhat.

I don't think I'm going to incorporate the Eva anywhere; her NP is just going to be the Spear of Longinus. The Spear is plenty powerful enough to work on it's own, and seeing as it is literally 'alive' and has metamorphosis capabilities, in action against the other Servants it will be pretty interesting.

As for Kirei and Rei, well, it will be interesting. They both share similarities that may not seem apparent at first. Overall it may result in something drastically different from Kirei's ending in Fate/Zero.
Old 2014-02-17, 00:44   Link #1132
Andoriol

Quote:
I don't really want to spoil anything, but I'll answer your questions somewhat.

I don't think I'm going to incorporate the Eva anywhere; her NP is just going to be the Spear of Longinus. The Spear is plenty powerful enough to work on it's own, and seeing as it is literally 'alive' and has metamorphosis capabilities, in action against the other Servants it will be pretty interesting.
Partially? Darn. No Eva. Mostly? Good call, though an Omake of that would be hilarious. Some things are just too broken.

Quote:
As for Kirei and Rei, well, it will be interesting. They both share similarities that may not seem apparent at first. Overall it may result in something drastically different from Kirei's ending in Fate/Zero.
Oh, there's similarities, sure, the question is, wtf do you do with that?
Old 2014-02-17, 22:25   Link #1133
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... All these talking has made me to think about a particular crossover scenario with Code Geass like this:

- Just before Kiritsugu married Iris, he had got the assignment to kill an Incubus. However, the man spared her half-blood child, whose name would be: "Shirou"

- Right after Iris became the Grail, Brittannia kidnapped her. Kiritsugu has to leave the children under Einzbert's hands in order to search for his wife.

- A global secret war erupted between Magnus. The Brittannian has done something that for now, everyone could summons a Servant for themself.

- Nunnally got killed, while the Lelouch was dumped to Japan.

- C.C is a Death Apostle and also knows the location of Iris. However, during Kiritsugu's attemp to rescue her, she lost her memory just before giving Lelouch Geass.

- Geass is catergoried as a Mystic Eye, and is linked to both Gaia and Alaya.

- Because C.C is the one who gave Lelouch Geass, he is hunted by everyone. In the desperate runaway from Shirou and Saber (Who is desperately wanting to find his mother), Lelouch summoned a Male Arthur for himself.

- At the same time, various Knights of the Round was summoned:

+ Gino: Tristan

+ Suzaku: Lancelot. His Berserker Enchantment is none-existance.

+ Rolo: Sir. Kay

+ Anya: Female Modred

+ Rai: Gawain

+ Akito: Bedivere

+ Orpheaus: Percival

- Britannia has developed a new technology: Knightmare, that is able to fuse the Master with Servant into one, greatly increasing the power of them. (Inspired by the manga Renya of the Darkness)

- Gaia is playing everyone, in order to make human kill Ayala ourself.
Old 2014-03-22, 22:48   Link #1134
Seib9

Quote:

Fate/Anomaly

Spoiler:

"Story Not Found"

whyyyyyyyyyy?
Seib9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 09:48   Link #1135
anime fan99

Is there any Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya and Fate/stay night Crossover
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 11:11   Link #1136
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
You know you can go check that on FF.net, right?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-28, 11:23   Link #1137
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
You know you can go check that on FF.net, right?
I tried but But I do not know what the best Keywords for the search
Old 2014-07-28, 21:39   Link #1138
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Other than the cancelled Prismatic Edge and the Beast's lair, "this is a mistake!" or the crossover with multiple series with IlyasvielEmiya, I don't think so. I was hoping to make one as an omake fic for Severed Bonds with Homura and Shirou joining Ilya in the card hunt.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-30, 01:48   Link #1139
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Other than the cancelled Prismatic Edge and the Beast's lair, "this is a mistake!" or the crossover with multiple series with IlyasvielEmiya, I don't think so. I was hoping to make one as an omake fic for Severed Bonds with Homura and Shirou joining Ilya in the card hunt.
Thanks for help

I just found Prismatic Edge

I read the first two Chapters and Because Sage of Eyes did not Updated or Published for almost a year, I'll put my Review here

I enjoyed reading the story, but there are things I did not like

1- I must say I did not like Shiro new personality I miss his innocent

2- I dislike him useing present day weapons

3- him always thinking about how good his relationship with Rin in his past life and then haveing the a opposite one with the current Rin . I just do not like his attitude with Rin and Luviagelita
Old 2014-07-30, 13:26   Link #1140
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Thanks for help

I just found Prismatic Edge

I read the first two Chapters and Because Sage of Eyes did not Updated or Published for almost a year, I'll put my Review here

I enjoyed reading the story, but there are things I did not like

1- I must say I did not like Shiro new personality I miss his innocent

2- I dislike him useing present day weapons

3- him always thinking about how good his relationship with Rin in his past life and then haveing the a opposite one with the current Rin . I just do not like his attitude with Rin and Luviagelita
1. Remember this is a Shirou that contained the memories of an experienced Shirou (probably half way to Archer path)

2. Agreed.

3. Well, the current Rin and Luvia is a bratty characters. I wouldn't get along with somebody who threw my sister into a war that could potentially kill her just because she can't contain her pride against her rival.

But I was hoping for the author to at LEAST finish the battle with Archerko and Lanceriyu vs. Saber Alter. I don't mind writing this portion but my grammar would just kill it. What I hate with this Shirou is that he ends up in many TO love ru situations with the girls with the tripping and such. I mean, this is a battle hardened Shirou right? A move like that would end him killed.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction