AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-06-12, 23:46   Link #141
DifferentSamurai

thank you

for the replies I will try look carefully for it and by the way I am not in europe it's just that since that is what the sport is really called for some I put it in parentheses.
DifferentSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 02:41   Link #142
whatese2001

does anybody know where i can get the eureka dvd volumes at.
whatese2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 02:44   Link #143
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatese2001
does anybody know where i can get the eureka dvd volumes at.
a lot of places......

amazon JP
clubjapan
yesasia
other places like that........I am sure it would be even easier if you were looking for the US release

does anyone know who are those 2 kids on the 13th cover >.>?
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 03:17   Link #144
whatese2001

i want the japanese volume, the only they have in us is volume one. I also want japanese audio and english subtitles.
Old 2006-06-15, 05:05   Link #145
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
i want the japanese volume, the only they have in us is volume one. I also want japanese audio and english subtitles.
The only other E7 DVDs with Japanese audio and English subtitles are bootlegs.

You will have to wait for the U.S. release. Asking for bootlegs, fansubs or help finding them will get you banned!

Vol 2 is just about to be released.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-15, 13:39   Link #146
whatese2001

i wasn't asking for bootleg or fasnsubs, i was just wondering if anybody knew if there E7 volume in japan had an optional english subtitles naruto first movie did. you just had press the subtitle button on your remote.Because i was going to buy the japanese volumes if they did.
Old 2006-06-15, 15:31   Link #147
jpwong

Quote:
i wasn't asking for bootleg or fasnsubs, i was just wondering if anybody knew if there E7 volume in japan had an optional english subtitles naruto first movie did. you just had press the subtitle button on your remote.Because i was going to buy the japanese volumes if they did.
Unfortunatly, it's rather the exception to have english subtitles on japanese R2 DVDs.
In fact the only one I know off the top of my head that is english subtitled on the official DVD is the Fullmetal Alchemist Movie Special Edition Box Set (since I went and bought it).

Easiest way to find out ussually, goto one of the english japanese online stores like www.cdjapan.co.jp or one of the afromentioned sites, go look up the DVD you want to check out and look at the edition details or description. If it's subtitled, they generally mention it since it's an unusual "extra feature".
Old 2006-06-15, 20:09   Link #148
bayoab

Quote:
1) The US release has/will have Japanese audio and English subtitles and is CHEAPER than the Japanese release which does not have English subtitles.

2) Naruto movie did not come with english subtitles. That was a bootleg.

3) List or R2's and R3's with English features found here: http://www.animeondvd.com/discdata/subdublist.php
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 02:50   Link #149
whatese2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab
1) The US release has/will have Japanese audio and English subtitles and is CHEAPER than the Japanese release which does not have English subtitles.

2) Naruto movie did not come with english subtitles. That was a bootleg.

3) List or R2's and R3's with English features found here: http://www.animeondvd.com/discdata/subdublist.php
thanks for your help, i guess i will wait for us release.
Old 2006-06-16, 18:28   Link #150
Taoku
Ore Futatabi Sanjou

Ordering from Amazon.jp

For some reason when I try to buy from Amazon.jp,I get the message:

*** We're sorry. The item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button. ***

Why is that?
Taoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 18:38   Link #151
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Legal export/import restrictions or logistical restrictions normally. Depends what you were trying to order and where you live .

A good logistical example (i.e. easy to understand) would be a UK resident trying to buy heavy electrical goods (e.g. a TV) from Amazon.com: They won't ship internationally because it is too bulky and/or heavy.

However, in your case I would guess the item is something they can't ship because of Japanese export law; rather than a physical/logistical issue.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 18:53   Link #152
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

I tried to order one of those Japanese elementary school backpacks, but they wouldn't ship it to me in the US, either. From what I've seen, you usually don't have problems with books. It's anything bigger that they don't seem to want to ship internationally.
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 19:17   Link #153
Taoku
Ore Futatabi Sanjou

I just want to order some DVDs,and I know plenty of you and others outside of Japan have done so.
Old 2006-06-16, 19:53   Link #154
LynnieS

What kind of DVDs are we talking about, though? Adult-themed ones might not be exportable, and religious-themed DVDs might also be restricted when being asked to shipped to certain countries. There could also be customs restrictions as well.

There should be some information under "Help" -> "Shipping Restrictions" within the site.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 20:00   Link #155
Taoku
Ore Futatabi Sanjou

Anime DVDs(non-hentai).
Old 2006-06-28, 23:41   Link #156
ThoHell

Can someone help me out with finding an online anime store?

I'm not suere if this is against the rules or not, but I didn't read anywhere in the forum rules that it was against asking where to find a good cheap online anime store. Can anyone help me out with suggestions for online anime stores with a wide/complete range of anime series, like Green Green episode 1-13 box set and stuff. If you can help me thanks a bunches!!!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 23:45   Link #157
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell
I'm not suere if this is against the rules or not, but I didn't read anywhere in the forum rules that it was against asking where to find a good cheap online anime store. Can anyone help me out with suggestions for online anime stores with a wide/complete range of anime series, like Green Green episode 1-13 box set and stuff. If you can help me thanks a bunches!!!
There is a "Where do I buy" thread and Green Green boxset does not exist yet in R1 as the first DVD was just released this week. I have no idea about R2s.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 01:50   Link #158
Leq

Hi, people!

May be someone can advise me a couple of places where I can buy ready for printing 4Mpix+ anime posters.

Thanks
Leq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 08:23   Link #159
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leq
May be someone can advise me a couple of places where I can buy ready for printing 4Mpix+ anime posters.
I doubt such things exist for the obvious reason that as soon as you sell one it would be distributed on the internet for free.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 17:07   Link #160
Kiyoshi

Legit Asian VCD, DVD and UMD Guide and guide how to spot bootlegs
Kiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime