AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-08, 04:06   Link #81
prince leon
red knight

I quite enjoyed the first episode. I especially loved the randomness of the genres that were thrown together as I've stated in my thoughts.
Old 2007-01-08, 05:49   Link #82
Honey_and_Cleaver

Watched the first episode, judging from it, the story is all about glorifying Kyoshiro sick womenizing of Setsuna and Kuu. Very lame main characters.

Chikane and Himeko didint say one word.

First episode is boring and lame. Kannazuki no Miko was better.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 06:51   Link #83
Jellyfish Marine
ShizuxKino~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Im hoping to see Tsubasa, the brother of Oogami in this series. The voice actor is really cool. I wonder who is Kazuya, Ken Narita is playing.
Spoiler:

I have to say I'm pretty much impressed by the first episode. I personally think that this anime is a shoujo-oriented one; very dreamy, very fairy tales-like and full of good looking characters. The battle style is also beautifully portrayed. Though I admit to find the scene when Kuu ran away with her clothes ripped...and flowers blooming...quite funny. It just reminded me of classic shoujo manga like Garasu no Kamen.

This anime comes with definitely different tone from Kannazuki, I think. Actually, I don't like Yuri pairing at all but I found Kannazuki entertaining and did cried at the last episode. Chikane and Himeko has so far been the only Yuri pairing I accept ^^ili

Kino ~Kino no Tabi
Original Illust: Yomo (http://yea.jp/taimando/)
Jellyfish Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 08:12   Link #84
NeoSam

According to the publisher Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora is a manga for males.
Old 2007-01-08, 08:22   Link #85
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Well, there we have it.

I guess you can just think of KyoSora as some sci-fi/fantasy romance flick.
It won't be as yuri-ful as KnM (though if they tend to pull it off with KaonXHimiko scenes, I'm as good as sold ) or as fantastic as Kagihime or UFO Princess. But if you don't compare it to its predecessors, you can at least enjoy it as a show of its own.

^ My little 2 cents.

Can't wait for Oogami to steal Himiko's heart away and invoke Kaon-sama's wrath. www
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 09:13   Link #86
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

First new anime of the new year. Ep 1.

Oh wow. What do I think of this?

It seems to carry a lot of the same boons and flaws that KnM has, ie ridiculous mecha fights, loose story-telling, outstanding characterization and music among the best in anime. I was seriously impressed with everything in this first episode... up until the fight scene, but I'll get to that later.

I instantly fell in love with the music. I've always thought that the best part of KnM was easily its soundtrack, which, in my opinion, is one of the best I've ever heard. And it was obvious from the first track that they've used the same artist(s) to put together the music. Every single track, including the OP and ED, were so incredibly aurally pleasing. This is the sort of calibre of music I could only dream about being in every anime. Instead, unfortunately, we only get it about once or twice a year. Never mind. The reason it's special is because it only comes along so rarely.

I love the way this franchise ("this franchise" is my lazy way of referring to KnM and KtTnS together, since the only way their related is through spin-off/AU status) brings its characters to life through introspection. They didn't let up in this episode with Kuu's internal narration which I thought was extremely welcome since it created such a rounded character in only just a single episode. That's pretty impressive, considering some anime don't even get that from their main characters in an entire season. It embodies the directing style in this, I think: everything, from characterization to the over-the-topness of the plot revelations is richly oozed on, as if someone took a cake and put way too much icing on it (crappy analogy, I know, but it's the best I could come up with). Everything is just really rich and over-the-top and applied on top of everything else, almost without relent, including the music and the other things I mentioned before. Which I like. Except when it comes to action.

Which is why I didn't like the fight sequence. Ignoring the fact that they fought a generic catgirl (generic antagonists being one of the things I absolutely hated about KnM), the over-the-topness lingered but the whole thing felt as if it lacked cohesion. First ep, I know, so the rules that govern the characters' powers still haven't been established, but the whole thing was just "meh". But at least it wasn't as completely ridiculous as KnM's fight scenes.

I'm intrigued, no question about that. Chalk a lot of that up to fairly low expectations after I initially heard the news of a KnM spin-off/AU where they rehashed the character designs (yet again), but I think this has real potential. I can't say I was this intrigued after watching the first ep of KnM all those years ago, that's for sure.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 09:35   Link #87
Honey_and_Cleaver

Kyoshiro needs to stick to one girl. Atleast Chikane did so. It doesnt matter if its Yuri or not. But this is turning into like a male harem anime.

The negetive critism at Kannazuki no Miko must have created such a sick perverted male character.

I looking foward to Kaon,Jin, Soujirou and Kazuya.
Old 2007-01-08, 10:19   Link #88
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Now I need to know, are people saying this show sucks because of people's usual hatred of mecha or does it just suck period. If its the former I'm giving it a shot, but if its the later I'm not bothering.
Mecha itself doesn't have to be bad. KnM just happened to have bad mecha. It wasn't only of the ridiculous (and stupid) super robot kind, but it was especially bad even for being super robot.

I haven't yet had a chance to watch KtTnS so obviously I won't judge it yet, but overall I really enjoyed KnM so I'll watch at least some of this as well.
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 14:06   Link #89
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganeShounen View Post
Well, there we have it.

I guess you can just think of KyoSora as some sci-fi/fantasy romance flick.
It won't be as yuri-ful as KnM (though if they tend to pull it off with KaonXHimiko scenes, I'm as good as sold ) or as fantastic as Kagihime or UFO Princess. But if you don't compare it to its predecessors, you can at least enjoy it as a show of its own.

^ My little 2 cents.

Can't wait for Oogami to steal Himiko's heart away and invoke Kaon-sama's wrath. www
I'm still of the opinion that this is when the Kaishaku writers really decided to take a quarter off and write some very funny fanfiction involving all their popular characters from previous series and throw in some shoujo and shounen cliches while they are at it. It's like they're all having fun screwing around with their characters. XD
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 14:48   Link #90
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Kyoshiro needs to stick to one girl. Atleast Chikane did so.
Hmm I donno but
Spoiler:

But from the looks of the OP with the bathtub scene I'd say there might be some shoujo-ai, if not yuri, involved in this show after all.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 15:34   Link #91
Yushi

Kaioshin_Sama: Hmm....Most of the hater's complaints I've seen on another website was 'the lack of yuri'. Which uh....doesn't really have anything to do with the show. It's not KnM even though it has some of the characters in it, and because a lot people don't like hetro romance anymore, i'ts all about yaoi and yuri =P

And yeah I admit the first episode had a lot of elements and things rushed in there, but that's why I want to watch more, to have it clarified. Lol.
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 16:28   Link #92
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
Kaioshin_Sama: Hmm....Most of the hater's complaints I've seen on another website was 'the lack of yuri'.

That is bloody LAME. I conclude that the haters are a bunch of perverts. It's not like every Kaishaku series HAS to have the main pairing be yuri...Jesus Christ....
Old 2007-01-08, 17:16   Link #93
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushi View Post
Kaioshin_Sama: Hmm....Most of the hater's complaints I've seen on another website was 'the lack of yuri'. Which uh....doesn't really have anything to do with the show. It's not KnM even though it has some of the characters in it, and because a lot people don't like hetro romance anymore, i'ts all about yaoi and yuri =P

And yeah I admit the first episode had a lot of elements and things rushed in there, but that's why I want to watch more, to have it clarified. Lol.
When the hell did I say that????? Don't tell me I really do have another personality I don't know about.

Well aside from being thoroughly confused, what's the deal with the character that sounds identical to fan favourite Aya Hirano but isn't her. I wonder if in some alternate universe this mysterious figure did Haruhi and she become everybody's object of worship and Aya Hirano went back to singing goofy pop songs and having a seizure while doing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
REALLY, you think so, I don't know. It also occurs to me that if you throw Loli's and girls in tight outfits into robots or action sequences, almost know man on earth can resist the urge to watch and that's why men aren't really allowed in robot series anymore unless its meant to be taken seriously. Plus if you MST3K the thing like somebody else said it actually becomes enjoyable as well as eye candy. That's how I'm going to survive from now on, just keep riffing the series I have issues with, but watch for the eye candy. Plus with my stock of good shows, if I need a break that the likes of Mike Nelson don't have the luxury of, I have an escape plan.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 17:30   Link #94
Yushi

Kaioshin_Sama: What? Nono! i'm not saying you're one of the haters! It's because you said
"Now I need to know, are people saying this show sucks because of people's usual hatred of mecha or does it just suck period. If its the former I'm giving it a shot, but if its the later I'm not bothering."

So I'm just telling you why a lot of people are saying the show sucks! Sorry if I confused you.
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 17:43   Link #95
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:

REALLY, you think so, I don't know.

Urm Kaishaku has always written for males so there's no doubt this series target is males but that doesn't mean girls can't like it too. ^^ It DOES have many shoujo elements...
Old 2007-01-08, 19:43   Link #96
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
REALLY, you think so, I don't know.
There's no need to think about this, its mentioned on the publisher's page to be for males, so yes its a male oriented manga.
Old 2007-01-08, 21:00   Link #97
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
There's no need to think about this, its mentioned on the publisher's page to be for males, so yes its a male oriented manga.
Yeah well I never bother to put *Sarcasm* at the end of my posts. I wait and see what other people think.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 05:28   Link #98
JayF

Is this show supposed to be a parody?

Are we supposed to take it seriously? I'm very confused.
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 06:10   Link #99
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayF View Post
Is this show supposed to be a parody?

Are we supposed to take it seriously? I'm very confused.
It's probably just a lame attempt to came up with something similar to Shojo Kakumei Utena (in a male oriented way), and it's probably why I found it so repulsive
My mistake I never liked KnM (so of course I've a lot of prejudices ) and I only watched this because is the first new series of the new season...
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 06:41   Link #100
Honey_and_Cleaver

I dont really mind if theyre were no yuri,bishies,OP/ED not made by KOTOKO or whether the robo mecha sucks. All this are fine for me. Except for one thing and that is, i hate Kyoshiro. Right now thats the only thing making my gut twisting.

Maki Fujii is really cool on how he revamped Kaishaku's characters. Compared with the manga, it was quite plain. Im a big fan or Maki Fujii's work.

Id support Kyoushiro pairing with Kuu, but not triple paring with Setsuna also.

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen