Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-07, 16:50   Link #1421
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I just got the KV-1S yesterday, and wow does it suck. When the 50% crew does manage to hit something, the stock gun simply bounces. I have the 122 from the KV-1 researched and ready to install, however, I spent nearly everything I had just to get the KV-1S. I'm going to have to raise money with other tier 5s and 6s to be able to afford some of the upgrades I've already researched and get the crew trained to 75%. We'll see how effective it will be after that.

Endless "Grinding" Soul
My advice on the KV-1S don't use it as a heavy, use it like a medium... an oversized and fat medium. Also, be in wolfpacks with another kv-1s and you will do serious damage.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 17:32   Link #1422
Blaat

Quote:
I just got the KV-1S yesterday, and wow does it suck. When the 50% crew does manage to hit something, the stock gun simply bounces. I have the 122 from the KV-1 researched and ready to install, however, I spent nearly everything I had just to get the KV-1S. I'm going to have to raise money with other tier 5s and 6s to be able to afford some of the upgrades I've already researched and get the crew trained to 75%. We'll see how effective it will be after that.

Endless "Grinding" Soul
It's going to be very painful, it's worse than grinding the M6 for the 90 mm Gun M3.
Old 2013-01-07, 17:34   Link #1423
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

KV-1S is arguably the strongest Tier 6 tank. Armed with a weapon that some tanks in T8 won't even reach, this tank can do some serious damage against even T9 tanks. I love it. If I have more garage space, I might consider reviving it again. This is for keeps, man.

But the grind does suck. You really want to go for the gun, first and foremost.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 18:33   Link #1424
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
And the strangeness concerning my KV-1's statistics continue. As of last night, I have a 16:18 win loss ratio, and yet the equivalent % shown is... 42%. What?
Old 2013-01-07, 20:38   Link #1425
Marina2

This clan recruitment video made me LOL

In SEA server, there are many clans based on schools in Girl und Panzer.
Old 2013-01-07, 20:49   Link #1426
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

There seem to be a lot of clans in the NA server as well. Also many people naming themselves after GuP characters. I think it's pretty cool.

Endless "Yes, I still say cool" Soul
Old 2013-01-07, 22:00   Link #1427
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You are not too old to say "cool" yet.

Though I don't know if that is hip with these youngins anymore.

Girls und Panzers seems to have worked as an odd recruitment device....even way outside of Asia.
Old 2013-01-07, 22:27   Link #1428
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Hey, I still even use groovy for in-game or online chats, so it's all good.

Oddly enough, it does look like I'm going to just trip over getting a Tier VII after all: I'm less than 15k exp away from the Panther 2, and maybe 25k exp away from the King Tiger. Even if I just do dailies, I'd probably be able to research them before the end of January. The question is, which big cat should I get first? A lot of forum folk here swear on the Tiger 2, but the lack of mobility (and the fact that it will be facing up to Tier 10s) make me balk a bit.
Old 2013-01-07, 22:30   Link #1429
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

cannot play WoT now since there is problem with my PC T.T

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 22:35   Link #1430
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Hey, I still even use groovy for in-game or online chats, so it's all good.

Oddly enough, it does look like I'm going to just trip over getting a Tier VII after all: I'm less than 15k exp away from the Panther 2, and maybe 25k exp away from the King Tiger. Even if I just do dailies, I'd probably be able to research them before the end of January. The question is, which big cat should I get first? A lot of forum folk here swear on the Tiger 2, but the lack of mobility (and the fact that it will be facing up to Tier 10s) make me balk a bit.
Think about this a little:

The panther 2 starts with the same stock gun than the panther, if you researched the panther's top gun you can mount it on the stock turret on the panther 2, but you will need the second turret to mount both the short and long 88. the top gun that you could use with the stock turret do an average of 165 damage at it's best with a 4 seconds reload, and you will have to stay with that gun until you research the 2nd turret (unfortunately you will need to put suspension first).

The konig starts with tiger's top gun, so at least you will not be so underpowered against higher tiers. You just will have to aim to the weakspots on other tanks. The advantage is you can mount the best gun with the stock turret, so is not a big deal after all. Still the konig moves very slow, that even a kv-13 can out run it and kill doing carousel around him (personal experience, I've killed konigs with a kv-13 before).

Based on this i will say, go for the konig first.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 23:34   Link #1431
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Endless "Yes, I still say cool" Soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You are not too old to say "cool" yet.
Just wanted to chime in and remind everyone that is my catchphrase.

The primary drawback of the KV-1S imo, as someone who fights them very often, is their size in respect to their turret. The turret location is one of the most important thing for tanks and it's one of the few things I hate about the Churchill. The KV-1S has that same issue as the Churchill in that the turret is centered on the body, and thus most of the time you have to display at least half of your chassis in order to fire on an enemy. Once you start to get into higher tier tanks the turret gets moved to the forward half of the tank and you can hull down more effectively.
Old 2013-01-07, 23:35   Link #1432
Sumeragi
Banned

KV-1S is my most killed tank. I like to get behind them and set them on fire.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 23:36   Link #1433
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I don't know if I'm spoiled by the US line or not, but I just can't get my Churchill I to work. I can't fight on hill due to the gun bad depression. I can't utilize the side armor, as for some reason it always got penetrated. I can't go around supporting because the tank is slow. Furthermore, the gun isn't strong enough for me to stay at the front line. What should I do with this tank?
Old 2013-01-07, 23:38   Link #1434
Sumeragi
Banned

Try to have only your turret show up. It'll then be a machine gun bunker.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 23:59   Link #1435
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I don't know if I'm spoiled by the US line or not, but I just can't get my Churchill I to work. I can't fight on hill due to the gun bad depression. I can't utilize the side armor, as for some reason it always got penetrated. I can't go around supporting because the tank is slow. Furthermore, the gun isn't strong enough for me to stay at the front line. What should I do with this tank?
Well, in my Churchills I've been almost exclusively high or on the top of the matchmaking. The I is definitely a weaker tank and it does require some progression to make valuable. You will get penetrated often, but in your tier you also have a lot of HP and you can handle it quite well. Try not to expose your sides as much in the Churchill, but take advantage of their length and make sure you're angling yourself to deflect rounds. Learn those weakpoints for other tanks in your tier and figure out which ones are better and worse than you. Really, the Churchill doesn't have a lot of particular strengths so you just have to stick to really general knowledge and take advantage of it.

Once you get a better gun, your doors open up considerably and you start to be able to seriously destroy things. That's when you'll start to shine more.

The one thing that I think helps me in my Churchill (more specifically my VII) is just not caring at all about being shot. It may sound strange, but when I'm in a Churchill I have a mysterious tendency to just start bouncing rounds, and especially when my HP is very low. I've bounced repeated rounds from tanks higher tier than my own that should've had no problem hurting me, and just sat there and worked them down while they clearly struggled to figure out how to kill me. Basically my advice is to learn to tank, and then just sit there and tank until your opponents get really overconfident and screw themselves. It happens so often it's almost not even funny to watch anymore.
Old 2013-01-08, 13:15   Link #1436
Blaat

Of the three Tier V Heavy tanks I've played so far I put the Churchill I on the bottom, the only thing it has going for is the great traverse speed.
Old 2013-01-08, 13:23   Link #1437
Marina2

Finally, this happens in SEA server

Sensha-do battle between GuP-based clans
http://forum.worldoftanks-sea.com/in...o-battles/#top
Old 2013-01-08, 13:47   Link #1438
Tak

Those guys can be a bit... err... enthusiastic

On the other hand, MuP is now 20 members strong. We need more, but its quite an achievement in such short period of time. Soon, I think we will have what we need for clan wars.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-01-08, 13:54   Link #1439
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Those guys can be a bit... err... enthusiastic

On the other hand, MuP is now 20 members strong. We need more, but its quite an achievement in such short period of time. Soon, I think we will have what we need for clan wars.

- Tak
Personnel wise, yes. However, I might point out that we have rarely trained together, and that could really affect us if we start doing clan wars.

Endless "Sensha-do" Soul
Old 2013-01-08, 14:09   Link #1440
Tak

My plan is to have at least most of us reaching a Tier 9 before we start training together for clan wars. Clan wars is still in beta stages and will be reset upon release. At the same time, I hope we take another month and level our tiers so that we will be ready when the clan wars do launch.

I am certain we will have opportunities to train together once we reach our desired tiers. Still, with only twenty members, we need a lot more to ensure availability upon actively engaging in clan wars.

As for myself, I am now searching for a vent server so we can at least first communicate verbally...

- Tak

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks