AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-26, 10:09   Link #1
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Mai Otome Fandub

Here's a fandub for mai otome, what do you think ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEvO...=otome%20zhime

I personaly liked it ... the -sama and -chan thing is realy anoying but nothing that can't be fixed

Does anyone know of any other fandub out there ?
Old 2006-03-26, 11:08   Link #2
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Your kidding me!? That's a fandub?
Old 2006-03-26, 11:35   Link #3
littleclimpa
Day-dreamer

This is the first fandub I've seen, I wish I knew who was doing with.
Ah well here's some more Otome fandub.

Episode 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFdC...ch=mai%20otome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdWTg...=otome%20zhime

episode 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiWUJ...me%20fan%20dub
Old 2006-03-26, 12:52   Link #4
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Thanks littleclimpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Your kidding me!? That's a fandub?
Ya I know what you mean ... as pathethic as it is sometimes when an official dub is made it's usually the same (only with studio sound quality) ... well at least Arika voice is dead on
Old 2006-03-26, 13:16   Link #5
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Why not dub us the Episode XD.
it can be funny and massacrant...
Old 2006-03-26, 15:41   Link #6
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Thanks littleclimpa

Ya I know what you mean ... as pathethic as it is sometimes when an official dub is made it's usually the same (only with studio sound quality) ... well at least Arika voice is dead on
That's sad and pathetic, the people doing it can do just as good and for free.....really sad and pathetic.

I practically mistaken this for an actual dub but when I saw "fan" on it I was like whoa...
Old 2006-03-26, 16:30   Link #7
USCPharmacist

This is almost as good as the Mai Hime official dud heeheh

I especially like Shizuru's voice, although the lack of an high class accent is a minus. The male voices kinda suck though.
Old 2006-03-26, 17:09   Link #8
xat
*Fansubber

Sounds official right down to the wierd pronounciations >_< -- "oto-may"

Whoever did Arika isn't too bad; I think one of my real issues with dubs is that the characters don't sound their age. Mashiro and Nina in that fandub seems to be a prime example IMHO.
Old 2006-03-26, 18:26   Link #9
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Shizuru sounds too "sassy", Mashiro sounds like 2 years old, when Takumi says "For example, the place where I found you" he puts this like Valley Girl accent on the "found you" part and it just makes it sound ridiculous, and Akira sounds way too nasal-y.

But it's way better than whatever the real Otome dub will be like when Bandai of US gets off their lazy asses and licenses it.
Old 2006-03-26, 18:30   Link #10
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Though there were things I didn't like about it, for people who probably have never been VA's in their lives and are doing it for free I'd say its pretty darn good. Besides the fact that it was probably a group of friends, if that's the case it would be quite hard to find the right voices amongst a bunch of friends.
Old 2006-03-26, 20:34   Link #11
Chinomi
Amateur Voice Actress

Send a message via AIM to Chinomi Send a message via MSN to Chinomi
Hi everyone!
I was surprised to see this thread here! I'm glad people found some of the fandubs I've been in.

And I noticed some comments and I was wondering, if you have anything to add please do. I can take constructive critisizm very well. Always looking to improve!
Old 2006-03-26, 20:56   Link #12
Flarey
Fandub Voice Actor Power!

I too am suprised that my fandubs have made it to a place like this. I'm happy that most of you have enjoyed them and I hope that Bandai doesn't completely ruin the real dubs (we shall soon see with HiME coming in 2 days).

As for other stuff from the Otome & HiME world I have

My HiME ep 10 scenes 1 ta 6 (more coming slowly)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfNytWpr8VQ (1 ta 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Ue9WC42tU (4 ta 6)

and then random clips back when HiME first came out (some before we had the osts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvDQebPY75o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=136qXrtLH0A

Last edited by Flarey; 2006-03-26 at 21:16.
Old 2006-03-26, 21:49   Link #13
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

o_0 ...not bad
but if they wan to dub.. plz don use san and chan...>_>"
Old 2006-03-27, 00:06   Link #14
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Yes, for future reference just knock off the san, chan, etc. Makes it sound sorta odd.

The changing of the opening songs into English was a nice touch IMO even though you guys can't sing half as well as the actual singer (no offence, but I think her voice is computer enhanced anways)

Overall you guys did a great job keep up the good work. You definately do better than some of the English VA's I hear on animes on television .

Last edited by Orchunter226; 2006-03-27 at 00:25.
Old 2006-03-27, 01:11   Link #15
Chinomi
Amateur Voice Actress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
Yes, for future reference just knock off the san, chan, etc. Makes it sound sorta odd.

The changing of the opening songs into English was a nice touch IMO even though you guys can't sing half as well as the actual singer (no offence, but I think her voice is computer enhanced anways)

Overall you guys did a great job keep up the good work. You definately do better than some of the English VA's I hear on animes on television .
I usually knock off the "sans" "chans" "samas" and such in my own productions but some producers tend to leave them in. It just depends on the producer.

Such is different in topleka's and flarey's productions. topleka left those in, and flarey took them out.
I personally think it doesnt take away from the performance, it's an extra syllable or two to a name.

And of course Ayame wouldn't be as great as the original singer. We're fans of the series making fandubs for fans =]
Cant expect us to be perfect.
And instead of saying "You can't sing half as well as the real singer" it would be much more polite to say:

"The opening singing could use some work. For instance "this" and "that" could be improved upon."

Not only do you get to have your comment, but it also helps us AVA's and producers how to improve on future projects.

Thank you for your input. =D!
Old 2006-03-27, 02:12   Link #16
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

I haven't heard the official dub of HiME, but I wanted to say that you guys sounded really unnatural. Whoever did Shizuru's voice flowed the best to my ears. Though I think you guys have talent, so it would be interesting to see you with more experience.

I also noticed that there was little to no editing of where the voices came from. It was weird to hear a background character sound like she was right infront of the camera.

Just trying to provide some constructive criticism, I'm honestly impressed you went to the effort of doing this!
Old 2006-03-27, 03:00   Link #17
Chinomi
Amateur Voice Actress

Quote:
Originally Posted by riznar
I haven't heard the official dub of HiME, but I wanted to say that you guys sounded really unnatural. Whoever did Shizuru's voice flowed the best to my ears. Though I think you guys have talent, so it would be interesting to see you with more experience.

I also noticed that there was little to no editing of where the voices came from. It was weird to hear a background character sound like she was right infront of the camera.

Just trying to provide some constructive criticism, I'm honestly impressed you went to the effort of doing this!
I really like the comment about making the background noises sound farther away.
Just lowering the volume and putting a very slight echo should fix that =]
Thank you, I'll use it for a future reference, though I have yet to mix an Otome clip xD;
Old 2006-03-27, 10:49   Link #18
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226

hunter,where is the clips for the english ver song?..^^
Old 2006-03-27, 10:52   Link #19
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
No don't^^
They will make for a Op2 too? XD
Old 2006-03-27, 18:17   Link #20
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinomi
And of course Ayame wouldn't be as great as the original singer. We're fans of the series making fandubs for fans =]
Cant expect us to be perfect.
And instead of saying "You can't sing half as well as the real singer" it would be much more polite to say:

"The opening singing could use some work. For instance "this" and "that" could be improved upon."

Thank you for your input. =D!
Sorry, wasn't trying to be impolite, just giving my thoughts on it. I would doubt u guys could be as good because the actual singer is in a studio with voice enhancements, etc making her voice much better than it actually is.

I think you guys do a good job.
Closed Thread