AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-18, 01:22   Link #2641
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
That seems unlikely. Considering that Kallen is seen as a threat to Britannia I don't see why they would want to let her out. Letting her go just gives her a chance to escape.
That and I don't think Suzaku wants to let her go since he seems to plan on torturing her to get information out of her.
I was actually softening up a bit on him, but now using such a dangerous drug just so he can get what he wants makes me hate him more so then ever.

I noticed that before when Kallen fought against Suzaku she never really hated him on a personal level. She didn't like him, but now that he's going to use the very drug that caused so much damage to her mother. Oh, I think that's going to inspire some deep and powerful hatred when they fight next time in battle.
I'm hoping she beats him down HARD.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 01:39   Link #2642
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
That seems unlikely. Considering that Kallen is seen as a threat to Britannia I don't see why they would want to let her out.
Well, status, power and everything else is important in Britannia too. If Nunnally were to order Kallen to be freed... Then theorically they might have to do it, because Nunnally is both the governor and a royal princess. They wouldn't like it, but they'd be bound by their positions, in essence. It'd be like when Nunnally announced the SAZ all over again: They didn't like the idea/prospect of it, but they had to do it regardless.

Quote:
That and I don't think Suzaku wants to let her go since he seems to plan on torturing her to get information out of her.
I was actually softening up a bit on him, but now using such a dangerous drug just so he can get what he wants makes me hate him more so then ever.
Well, Suzaku has never been a favourite character of mine, but I've always respected him and I've been willing to acknowledge so far that out of the two of them (Lelouch and him) he may well have been the one that held the moral high ground. but if he really goes though with what he's treathening to do, then.. I'm going to lose a lot of my respect for him - and he's going to lose that moral high ground he has held so far then...

Hah, if they wanted to make Suzaku more hated/despised than he already is, then seriously this would do the trick... <_<.

Quote:
I noticed that before when Kallen fought against Suzaku she never really hated him on a personal level. She didn't like him, but now that he's going to use the very drug that caused so much damage to her mother. Oh, I think that's going to inspire some deep and powerful hatred when they fight next time in battle.
I'm hoping she beats him down HARD.
Well, obviously, before it was sorta of like "Hey, we might be trying to kill each other, but it's just the fact that we're on oppsite sides. nothing personal about it, pal" - but if Suzaku really goes though with torturing Kallen with Refain, then their fight/hatred against each other is going to get A LOT more personal indeed...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 03:58   Link #2643
Evockzi
カナダ

Send a message via MSN to Evockzi
Cant wait to see where this Anime goes in Further episodes..

As for Kallen:
Spoiler for episode:
Evockzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 04:04   Link #2644
Aquaman OS

She'll be fine. One dose isn't gonna do anything bad. Suzaku can't use more than one without getting caught so he can't make her an addict.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 04:10   Link #2645
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

If Kallen does get drugged i hope she makes good on her promise to Suzaku in S1 "i will take down you and your white armor even though it costs me my life".

Its the only death for her, that as a Kallen fan i would find acceptable.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 04:15   Link #2646
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
She'll be fine. One dose isn't gonna do anything bad. Suzaku can't use more than one without getting caught so he can't make her an addict.
How do know she'll slip anything just using once dose? You may notice that there were several vials of Refrain in that box.
From what we know about the drug it makes the person relive the happiest moments of their past. Odds are that will be Kallen's childhood with her mother and brother. Technically speaking, I wouldn't think in that mind set Kallen would even know who Zero was. I just don't see how that would be an effective tool for getting information.
It is interesting if you ask, "Where did he get his hands on so much on an illegal substance?".

We don't know just how addictive this drug can be. We did see that Kallen's mother suffered due to with drawl.

I just want her to get back to the fight. We can tell from the opening she will get back into it. I'm just getting sick of waiting for it.
There are some people talking about them struggling with the vial and Suzaku getting injected, but I find that unlikely.
Suzaku has shown himself to be a skilled hand to hand fighters. Kallen is also wearing a dress and has much more exposed skin to inject. Only area exposed on Suzaku is his neck and face.
Old 2008-07-18, 04:17   Link #2647
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
If Kallen does get drugged i hope she makes good on her promise to Suzaku in S1 "i will take down you and your white armor even though it costs me my life".

Its the only death for her, that as a Kallen fan i would find acceptable.
You know, normally when people promise to do something "even if it costs [them their] life", it's just a show of determination and not a sign that they're going to die. I've yet to see a story where a line like that constitutes as literally meaning that it'll happen like that.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 04:21   Link #2648
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
You know, normally when people promise to do something "even if it costs [them their] life", it's just a show of determination and not a sign that they're going to die. I've yet to see a story where a line like that constitutes as literally meaning that it'll happen like that.
True. But after the refrain incident who else would you rather have killing Suzaku?

Plus i said if she had to die storywise this is the way i would like her to go, making good on her promise and getting her revenge. Its the only death for her i would accept.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:38   Link #2649
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

A little off topic

Hey all,

I know this is a little off topic since most of the discussion right now revolves around Kallen being forced to use refrain by Suzaku and the possible consequences, but my brother and I have been watching through the series from the beginning the past week, and I just noticed a little thing that really isn't important (Seriously, it has absolutely NO relevence at all other than the humor factor.), but was wondering if anyone knew the answer to.

In episode 4 or R2, while Kallen and C.C. are discussing the sudden apparent betrayel of the Chinese Federation, Kallen remarks that it "reminds [her] of what happened at Aomori," to which C.C. responds that it's "better than that" because "everyone is wearing clothes," which, of course, annoys Kallen.

Now we all know that Kallen seems to have a certain propensity for ending up in compromising positions, mostly involving (though not limited to) showering. The thing is, the Aomori incident mentioned here doesn't seem to correspond with any of the situations that have appeared on screen (those occuring at Ashford with Lelouch, Kaminejima with Suzaku and the Chinese Embassy with C.C. and Xingke).

So was Aomori simply an incident that happened offscreen (presumably in the year between seasons 1 and 2) that Kallen somehow, once again, ended up naked (or mostly so) in front of people? If so, man, she either has the worst luck, or really needs to start checking her surroudings before/during/after showering.

Again, no relevence to the plot, I was just wondering what Aomori refers to.
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:47   Link #2650
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post

So was Aomori simply an incident that happened offscreen (presumably in the year between seasons 1 and 2) that Kallen somehow, once again, ended up naked (or mostly so) in front of people? If so, man, she either has the worst luck, or really needs to start checking her surroudings before/during/after showering.

Again, no relevence to the plot, I was just wondering what Aomori refers to.
You asked the question and gave the answer in your question. Presumably there was an incident in the "lost year" where both C.C. and Kallen were naked at Aomori.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 17:45   Link #2651
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
here begins my long ass speculation about the end of the corrent situation with kallen and suzaku
warning : long post is long

Spoiler for long post is long:
Old 2008-07-18, 17:50   Link #2652
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I simply cannot see your outline of events coming to pass. If she drugs him, she'd be a fool to stick around for the drug to kick in. I cannot imagine that the effect acts so quickly as to instantly take someone out of reality. Assuming she turns the tables and injects him, she'll either off him on the spot or bolt for the door.
Old 2008-07-18, 17:52   Link #2653
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I simply cannot see your outline of events coming to pass. If she drugs him, she'd be a fool to stick around for the drug to kick in. I cannot imagine that the effect acts so quickly as to instantly take someone out of reality. Assuming she turns the tables and injects him, she'll either off him on the spot or bolt for the door.
have you ever had an operation that requierd you to be put under
the effect take place within seconds
refrain could be the same
Old 2008-07-18, 17:58   Link #2654
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Fair enough, but anesthetics simply knock someone unconscious. For a drug that triggers nerve specific pathways such as this, I would assume the period of effect would be a bit longer.
Old 2008-07-18, 18:00   Link #2655
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Fair enough, but anesthetics simply knock someone unconscious. For a drug that triggers nerve specific pathways such as this, I would assume the period of effect would be a bit longer.
maybe it will and maybe it wont
but thats not the point of the post
Old 2008-07-18, 18:10   Link #2656
Isegrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
have you ever had an operation that requierd you to be put under
the effect take place within seconds
refrain could be the same
This would require the drug to be injected into the vein. I doubt that Kallen/Suzaku is going to keep still during a "application", so this might result in a subcutaneous injection. Or he/she "shoots an egg" (don't know the right term in English, sorry), means producing a chamber within the tissue, containing the Refrain.
Old 2008-07-18, 20:40   Link #2657
amjzz

It seems lelouch just forgot about kallen...as far as he knows she was captured by suzaku...he doesnt know that she is with nunnally.

I wonder when is he going to rescue her, after all she is the best pilot of the black knights...and one of the few people in the order that knows that he is zero...
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 20:47   Link #2658
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

she is gonna be a drug addict, so sad.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 21:14   Link #2659
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
It seems lelouch just forgot about kallen...as far as he knows she was captured by suzaku...he doesnt know that she is with nunnally.

I wonder when is he going to rescue her, after all she is the best pilot of the black knights...and one of the few people in the order that knows that he is zero...
I believe that Lelouch originally came back to Japan to set up his plans and rescue. He didn't consider that several Knights of the Round joined Ashford, then Sayako scheduled him half to death with dates, then these events with Shirley.
Look how fast Lelouch moved on that. He didn't even wait till after her funeral. He went right to the Order to wipe them out.
Old 2008-07-18, 21:20   Link #2660
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

hahahaha oh man, I gotta watch this anime more. I have nooooooo fucking clue what the hell is going on. is Kallen becoming a bad guy or some weird shit? Please someone Message me and fiill me in DX