AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 94 59.49%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 9.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.27%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-20, 23:53   Link #81
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The best moment is, obviously, reconciliation.

A tired, completely ragged father's life of penance finally over.

The second best moment in this episode for me was when Tomoya manned it up, greeted the gossiping mothers and introduced himself as Ushio's father. Further more rather than make some excuse, he admitted to family troubles and how he now plans to take hold of his responsibilities as a father.

Third best was when Fuuko's theme song kicked in. I was actually expecting Tomoya to stick some random object up her nose when she went into Starfish mode.

Fourth best was the Dango, the futon and the smell.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-02-21 at 00:08.
Old 2009-02-21, 00:01   Link #82
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The best moment in this episode for me was when Tomoya manned it up, greeted the gossiping mothers and introduced himself as Ushio's father. Further more rather than make some excuse, he admitted to family troubles and how he now plans to take hold of his responsibilities as a father.
Lol that moment made me laugh sooo much. He was like "F*** you guys and your gossip". Made them feel pretty small there. Tomoya is my hero for that!
Old 2009-02-21, 00:12   Link #83
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Except I sort of modified the post.

I should probably tell people to start counting the light orbs at the title screen, also take into consideration why Ushio noticed them. To say anything more is a major spoiler, but it's important.
Old 2009-02-21, 00:24   Link #84
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Title screen? Can you post a pic for me in spoiler tags?
Old 2009-02-21, 00:37   Link #85
cbatty
Such is liff

Quote:
Except I sort of modified the post.

I should probably tell people to start counting the light orbs at the title screen, also take into consideration why Ushio noticed them. To say anything more is a major spoiler, but it's important.
Hey yeah - I never noticed that before... I assume the light orb Tomoya received this week makes the new one we see on the title screen? I also assume one is received when a major part of Tomoya's story is brought to a satisfying conclusion. One more assumption (three to make a set) - they may be the same orbs we see in the illusionary world?

Thanks for the heads up Meo I wont assume any more this week.

Quote:
Third best was when Fuuko's theme song kicked in. I was actually expecting Tomoya to stick some random object up her nose when she went into Starfish mode.
Yeah I was hoping for that too... still it was a fantastic scene. I love that theme song... one of my favourites from the OST. I was so happy to see Fuu-chan back!
Old 2009-02-21, 01:44   Link #86
Isekaijin

Yay, Fuu-chan is back. But since neither of them remembers the time spent together, the reunion seemed a little... empty maybe? Half of me wanted Fuuko to call Okazaki a weird person, like the good ol' times.

But Fuuko is taking a bit too well waking up after... how many years were again? 7 years I think, No matter what an airhead she is, she should be a little more shocked... But then again is her we are talking about here... hmmm

Now Tomoya has a happy life again, with her daughter, and no remorses in his heart. I really like good endings.

Guess next chapter will be something like an epilogue. Indeed this was good, really good.
Old 2009-02-21, 02:00   Link #87
Jimmy C

A few things about Fuuko at this point. She's been awake for a while already, days or weeks. She got whacked shortly after starting high school, so she was comatose for 9 years. Though she should be around 16 mentally, she's acting like she's 8 in the scene.
Old 2009-02-21, 09:40   Link #88
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
A few things about Fuuko at this point. She's been awake for a while already, days or weeks. She got whacked shortly after starting high school, so she was comatose for 9 years. Though she should be around 16 mentally, she's acting like she's 8 in the scene.
Don't know if you remember, though she was acting like an 8 year old in the first season.
Old 2009-02-21, 09:43   Link #89
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It's already been mentioned that she's a bit eccentric even before she started high school back in the first series. And with the long time during her coma, she's not had much opportunity to mature.

That said, if you love Fuuko, you would wish her well and hope she grows up quickly, no?
Like her sister, at least she's blessed with eternal youthfulness, so she's got time on her side. Probably runs in the family.
Old 2009-02-21, 10:14   Link #90
Jimmy C

A plus point, Fuuko looks so young that, if they simply put her back into first year at a high school, the other students might think she's a grade-skipper instead.
Old 2009-02-21, 13:04   Link #91
Ushio
Rise and Fall.

Finally watched this episode subbed. Ushio is just too cute. And I love the Fuuko scene, although my friend doesn't agree.

Lily: Guess who comes back in this episode?
Lily: ;w; Fuuko!
Dan!: Why can't she stay dead?
Lily:
Old 2009-02-21, 13:09   Link #92
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Another person who thought she was dead/a ghost....sigh.
And she isn't even in a coma this time projecting herself someplace....
Old 2009-02-21, 13:17   Link #93
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Oh god, I thought I would not ever have to seek Fuko's ugly face ever again. She's back . Well despite the displeasure with her return, the episode still earns an 8/10 from me.
Old 2009-02-21, 13:20   Link #94
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well with all the crying going on the last several episodes, I think the injection of Fuuko into the mix for that little bit of comic relief was almost overdue.
Old 2009-02-21, 13:51   Link #95
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Like her sister, at least she's blessed with eternal youthfulness, so she's got time on her side. Probably runs in the family.
You mean she must be a Key character.
Old 2009-02-21, 14:37   Link #96
sbg711

Spoiler:

Old 2009-02-21, 14:48   Link #97
kenecix

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbg711 View Post
Spoiler:
Erm its obvious already

Anyway new episode is going to be a happy one

And Fuuko!!!!
Old 2009-02-21, 15:07   Link #98
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

when kouko was all like "she's here with me now" i got all happy and was like OMFG YAY~

Do you think fuuko remembered tomoya and/or vise versa, or just like a not-so-first meeting for them?

Ushio is kyuute~
Old 2009-02-21, 15:08   Link #99
Jiggy

I'll be honest, at least 75% of the reason I kept watching through the 33 episodes after Fuko's disappearance was to wait for her come back again and see what she'd do. (The rest of the reason was a mishmash of Youhei's consistent greatness and the arcs of Mei, Misae, and Yukine.)

+10 for her return, but -3 for only getting about two minutes of screentime, so 7/10. :P
Old 2009-02-21, 15:15   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflemania View Post
Do you think fuuko remembered tomoya and/or vise versa, or just like a not-so-first meeting for them?
The Fuuko we knew in the first season and the Fuuko we see in this episode are not the same, so i don't see why she'd remember Tomoya. Tomoya remembers her --- his facial expression tells the story.