AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-09, 20:44   Link #321
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy_Pop View Post
April vs Goran huh? Finally we got to see her in action, it's just weird that she's one of MI6 top agent but never fight directly in the first season. I'm really anticipating this season, the action also looks they're even more awesome than before
Yeah, November got most of the MI6 action. Maybe as one of the key players Hei knows she'll get in on the action this season in the struggle against the syndicate.

Can't wait for October.
Old 2009-08-09, 22:23   Link #322
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Uploaded to my blog: http://mukizu.ru/2009/08/darker-than...B%D0%B5%D1%80/

+ youtube:

Reminds me of the first DtB manga for some reason...

Wonder if the detective duo will appear again...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-08-10, 02:26   Link #323
shosenjuku
shosenjuku

hello there, any of you know how to read this? http://www.d-black.net/intro/img/intro_text.jpg it makes me curious.
Old 2009-08-10, 02:42   Link #324
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch the trailer .

Seems that the black girl is back with her rains .
Ow 1-2 secs for Hei
Old 2009-08-10, 03:33   Link #325
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It'll be a huge shame if they don't include two of the best characters from the show, so fingers crossed.
Old 2009-08-10, 07:22   Link #326
Weils

Presumably from September 2009 Animage:

Spoiler for spoiler images:
Old 2009-08-10, 08:59   Link #327
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Presumably from September 2009 Animage:

Spoiler for spoiler images:
My, my.
Spoiler for comment:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-08-10, 09:26   Link #328
Jarmel

I'm not exactly happy about the protaganist changes but I'll wait after a couple of episodes to see if it's as bad as I fear.
Old 2009-08-10, 15:35   Link #329
LelouchGeass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
I'm not exactly happy about the protaganist changes but I'll wait after a couple of episodes to see if it's as bad as I fear.
Did the protagonist change really happen, cause ANN said that DtB2 was still following Hei and Yin after their escape, then they meet Suou.

Judging from the scans, looks like Hei is getting a haircut and sticking with the twins even though the long hair looked awesome
Old 2009-08-10, 15:53   Link #330
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

The anticipation is killing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
You mean anime Columbo and pig-like in appearance? I hope they do turn up. I'm hoping for more sexually frustrated Misaki, unless the new manga wraps up her story somehow.
Old 2009-08-10, 20:08   Link #331
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LelouchGeass View Post
Did the protagonist change really happen, cause ANN said that DtB2 was still following Hei and Yin after their escape, then they meet Suou.

Judging from the scans, looks like Hei is getting a haircut and sticking with the twins even though the long hair looked awesome
It's not like Yin can carry an episode. She's a doll. They need characters to talk and emote and do stuff spontaneously. Suo is a sniper. This is going to be fun imo.
Old 2009-08-10, 20:15   Link #332
Sakabatou77

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
It's not like Yin can carry an episode. She's a doll. They need characters to talk and emote and do stuff spontaneously. Suo is a sniper. This is going to be fun imo.
Yin did carry two episodes since they were about Kirsi's memories she possess. Yin can have her moments in the DTB storyline, and I'm sure she'll get another chance.
Old 2009-08-10, 20:35   Link #333
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakabatou77 View Post
Yin did carry two episodes since they were about Kirsi's memories she possess. Yin can have her moments in the DTB storyline, and I'm sure she'll get another chance.
You can have Yin. I'll take my chances with sniper chick.

Characters that emote, have spontaneous actions and use badass sniper weapons are what I like.
Old 2009-08-10, 21:30   Link #334
Sakabatou77

Quote:
You can have Yin. I'll take my chances with sniper chick.

Characters that emote, have spontaneous actions and use badass sniper weapons are what I like.
I like Yin, but I'm more for Misaki. I look forward to see how Suou plays out in this series though.
Old 2009-08-10, 22:22   Link #335
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'm wondering something about Suou and Shion, based on their character descriptions...

Spoiler:

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-08-11, 00:29   Link #336
namidaame

Quote:
Just my opinion, but it sounds a bit like I haven’t been watching the same show as the rest of you guys. Fair enough, Yin is a doll and is supposed to show no human emotions, but remember that episode dedicated to her when she shed tears? Or when she once tried to hold Hei’s hand? Or when she cried out for Hei in the last episode? Those were all instances when she broke what might actually have been a common misconception concerning the emotive capabilities of dolls. After all, there is also that episode with that Yakuza guy running away with that doll and her smiling at the end. Yin might come across another Rei-archetype, but it is because she is supposed to show no emotions that her little nuances bear so much more significance. It’s all fine and great to have characters who can burst into spontaneous laughter or tears, but just because Yin is a doll doesn’t mean she can’t hold her own against all the other female characters in the show.

Lack of emotions (and expressions thereof) are central to the whole DtB premise. Contractors are believed to be cold and inhumane killers and yet along the course of the series we’ve seen different. I remember very vividly that episode with the red-haired contractor and when she laughed at Hei for getting angry and caring for his sisters, something Contractors aren’t supposed to be capable of. Of course, I am not trying to tell people off for stating their opinions or anything: I am just trying to raise an awareness toward a very central issue and prevent people from writing Yin of as just another “white-haired, personality-lacking” stock character.

I am looking forward to the second season and I have a feeling that the whole Shion/Sou situation will stand parallel to last season’s Pai/Hei situation. If Sou does become a contractor, chances are she will turn into a cold and ruthless killer (with a shred of humanity left) like most of them are, and she might actually pose a serious threat to Hei (if she doesn’t become his ally, that is).

Also, pity Kanno-sama isn’t composing for this season, but I have a feeling it might still work. Considering that her soundtrack (though slightly underwhelming compared to her other works) gave the first season a nourish, jazzy kind of edge, an allure reminiscent of its femme fatales, and the fact that at least the first one or two episodes of DtB 2 are set in Russia, a new composer might do the series some good; it might introduce some fresh air into the entire premise and set a more befitting, perhaps romantic, tone for the new instalment.

That’s just my two cents.

BTW, I just registered. Please be gentle.
Old 2009-08-11, 10:36   Link #337
Joe_fh

I agree with that.^^
Yin had a relly nice development in the first season.Form more or less a tool for searching (google lol) she became a person who cares for others and somewhat learned to express her emotions.That by itself showed a lot since dolls weren't supposed to do that or even something close to it.Yin was more than a doll.She had memories of her past but she wasn't absorbed by them.She was too atached to Hei and made a choice to stay with him.Mind you that moment was a really interesting one since in the first two episodes we showed that a doll with memories only acts according to what she used to act like.And Yin didn't do that-she ignored the past she remembered and you could say she "moved on".(or so I remember)
All the small gestures Yin made (namidaame mentioned them) were just like he said-small but really stand out because they're rare.

Of course all female characters in DtB were different.They all had good and bad points.Don't get me wrong I'm not saying Yin is the best,I'm saying she is a nice character that shouldn't be underestimated.

About contracotor emotions.While we saw that generally they didn't care when they killed someone there were quite a few cases were we saw them not wanting to hurt anyone else and even regreting all the things they did.Like in Havoc's case.She deserved a secong chance but what can you do?I didn't get why most of them lost their emotions once they became a contracotr.

The things you guys mentioned about the Shion/Sou sound interesting.Maybe Hei will try to help the new girl so she doesn't make the same mistakes as him.After all at the end of DtB Bei told Hei deep down he didn't want to kill anyone.Maybe he'll try to tell her that as well.But who knows?
Old 2009-08-11, 11:05   Link #338
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
The things you guys mentioned about the Shion/Sou sound interesting.Maybe Hei will try to help the new girl so she doesn't make the same mistakes as him.After all at the end of DtB Bei told Hei deep down he didn't want to kill anyone.Maybe he'll try to tell her that as well.But who knows?
I really wonder about this, Hei getting involved with Suou is it to help her or for his own gain?
Altho he seems like a better guy at the end of S1, I still don't see him helping a wee lass just for the sake of it.
Seems to me Hei will still kill but under a "only if need be" basis and I think his hate for contractor's is still very much there.

One thing I hope we get to see is Hei pulling his jacket outta his back pocket again. As funny as that was, it was also brilliant!

little nitpicking here, I hate to say this given my own english is terrible but Joe_fh you need spaces after your full stops
Old 2009-08-11, 19:42   Link #339
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I really wonder about this, Hei getting involved with Suou is it to help her or for his own gain?
Altho he seems like a better guy at the end of S1, I still don't see him helping a wee lass just for the sake of it.
Seems to me Hei will still kill but under a "only if need be" basis and I think his hate for contractor's is still very much there.

One thing I hope we get to see is Hei pulling his jacket outta his back pocket again. As funny as that was, it was also brilliant!

little nitpicking here, I hate to say this given my own english is terrible but Joe_fh you need spaces after your full stops
I agree. There's prob something in it for him. Suo and her brother looked to be at ground zero of a meteor fragment site from the trailer. Maybe people are looking for the fragment and Suo knows the location.

Anyways, looking forward to sniper action.

Spoiler for size:

A more lively Ein is always welcome.
Old 2009-08-11, 20:41   Link #340
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
My, my.
Spoiler for comment:
too bad he can't use a jagan. *sigh* however, he has the ability to conduct electricity like ginji.

anyways, i'm still hoping he keeps his long hair he looks better that way
Closed Thread