AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 10:52   Link #641
NoLongerSane

I have been switching difficulties from moderate to chaos pending on the situation. I have yet to face a boss on evil or chaos since I am still getting used to the battle system and CC point usage on what combos I'm trying to utilize.

Also, since the school costumes have been released for DLC, are the Geass ones next on the release list?
Old 2012-03-30, 11:02   Link #642
GDB

From speculation I've been reading (based on costume/title slots available and their numbering in the English version compared to Japanese version), odds almost certain we won't be getting: Geass costumes, Miku costume, .hack costumes, or Idolmaster costumes. Basically, if it changes the victory quotes at all, we aren't getting it.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 13:53   Link #643
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
From speculation I've been reading (based on costume/title slots available and their numbering in the English version compared to Japanese version), odds almost certain we won't be getting: Geass costumes, Miku costume, .hack costumes, or Idolmaster costumes. Basically, if it changes the victory quotes at all, we aren't getting it.
That's a big bummer. I was finally able to order the game (arrives monday) and I was hoping for most of the costumes to be in.
Old 2012-03-30, 18:24   Link #644
Zakoo

Is it needed to be registred as US to get those DLC?

Anyway, unlocked Chaos mode, It's

Awesome, unbelievable, amazing! ( you should understand)
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 22:58   Link #645
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I'm still angry because the DLCs for english version could only be bought by using US PSN I haven't put any in my wallet for US PSN

I'm finally getting the hang of weapon tempering.. I didn't know at first that dualizing both tempered equipment will result a gem and both weapons that I combined still intact Is there any hints in game so that I could get more high-quality equipments by dualizing? I still don't understand it that well because sometimes there are couple of equipments that can be dualized with crsytals and some that are not I conclude that they need specific crystal to upgrade it to better weapon, but if I don't know what crystal should I get then I don't know what to do

Also, is it better to + weapons/armor rather than searching for better equips?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 00:09   Link #646
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I'm still angry because the DLCs for english version could only be bought by using US PSN I haven't put any in my wallet for US PSN

I'm finally getting the hang of weapon tempering.. I didn't know at first that dualizing both tempered equipment will result a gem and both weapons that I combined still intact Is there any hints in game so that I could get more high-quality equipments by dualizing? I still don't understand it that well because sometimes there are couple of equipments that can be dualized with crsytals and some that are not I conclude that they need specific crystal to upgrade it to better weapon, but if I don't know what crystal should I get then I don't know what to do

Also, is it better to + weapons/armor rather than searching for better equips?

Yeah I've only recently picked this up as well

The thing is, the higher your 'plus' number is, the longer it takes to temper, so after a certain number you might feel that it's not worth it. Plus a new weapon would have higher base stats.

As for the unique named weapons, you'll need a specific crystal to dualized them. They seem to use the base stats of the original weapon and upgrade them slightly with additional effects. So what I'm thinking of doing now is to upgrade my current weapon that I bought from the store to something like +5, and then use a crystal to make a unique weapon, and then reupgrade them again... But this time it'll be +1 so it won't take long to temper.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 00:25   Link #647
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So that would mean by tempering a weapon to +5 will yield better equipments after I dualize it with crystals compared to dualize it when my weapon is still +1?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 00:36   Link #648
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
So that would mean by tempering a weapon to +5 will yield better equipments after I dualize it with crystals compared to dualize it when my weapon is still +1?
I'll let you know once I do it but I believe that to be the case, though you might want to research it just to be sure

I read once that you can even temper all the way up to +99, but that's got to be a bitch to make... +4 is already pretty damn long... Not to mention how much the dualizing cost would be...
Old 2012-03-31, 01:33   Link #649
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

When dualizing an equip with a crystal, the new item has base stats + half of the old item's BONUS stats. So if say you upgraded an iron sword that has +10 PATK/+50 CATK to a Katana, then the Katana would have +5 PATK/+25 CATK bonus on top of its base stats.

Just note that AFAIK, once a weapon has been upgraded with a crystal, there are no further upgrades for that weapon. So I personally stopped giving +1 bonuses for upgraded weapons after dualizing away any useful base skills that weapon has (for example, offensive racial attributes like Beast/Spirit etc.), then leave it tempered to get the bonus +5% damage or so bonus from it being tempered.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 08:52   Link #650
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As for the unique named weapons, you'll need a specific crystal to dualized them. They seem to use the base stats of the original weapon and upgrade them slightly with additional effects.
To add to this, it takes half the added stats that you've accumulated via dualizing and adds it to the base for the new weapon. What I suggest is to dualize a shard onto it with the best stat gain, regardless of ability, before dualizing it to the new weapon. Abilities don't carry over, but the non-tempered stats you just put on it will (at half power as said above, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Just note that AFAIK, once a weapon has been upgraded with a crystal, there are no further upgrades for that weapon. So I personally stopped giving +1 bonuses for upgraded weapons after dualizing away any useful base skills that weapon has (for example, offensive racial attributes like Beast/Spirit etc.), then leave it tempered to get the bonus +5% damage or so bonus from it being tempered.
I've kind of been doing that too, but for different reasons. My upgraded weapons have such nice powers (like Paralyze 4, Minimum CC+, etc) that I don't want to lose them. And I don't have anything to dualize them with to retain those powers.

...I need better shards, is what I need.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:13   Link #651
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Question to both Dragoon and GDB and anybody else, what +level would you recommend upgrading to? It's getting kinda expensive to maintain +5 as it is...
Old 2012-03-31, 11:22   Link #652
GDB

Whenever you feel comfortable doing it. I've upgraded at +1, +2, and +5. It didn't really make that big a difference, as you only get half the stats anyway. Difference between +1 and +5, at most with what I've seen, would be +16 to a stat, and that's only if you had a lot of +8s.

And tempering time definitely starts to be a factor. My Asbel's Rune Guard is up to +9 at the moment and it took forever to temper.

I've also purposely not upgraded, just because I felt it wasn't a good enough increase to warrant the price (gald and crystal).

*edit*
Oh yeah, and had a neat dualizing moment the other day. Dualized two gems and some of their effects turned into a new one. I forget what they were, but they turned into "Assassin", which was a slightly weaker version of both effects, but essentially made it so the gem had 3 effects on it.

Last edited by GDB; 2012-03-31 at 11:36.
Old 2012-04-01, 18:23   Link #653
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

God damn I've finally won that card game on hard difficulty to get Cheria's Vesperia costume I can official say that was a major BITCH of a sidequest to complete And I don't use that word lightly.
Old 2012-04-01, 20:37   Link #654
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally like dualizing away as much as possible (gald allowing you to do so of course) for crystals, since you can keep dualizing crystals to increase the skills. Plus the fact that crystals can be easily swapped, unlike character specific weapons or most gender specific armors. Even the more useful skills I dualize anyway, as crystals are easier to manipulate to keep the skills you want/upraged.

For example on upgrading, dualize a Rise[2] + Rise [2] = Rise [3]. I usually combine Rise + Exceed, so my best crystals are like Rise [x]/Exceed [y] since IMO more actions > stronger actions (at least for combo people, casters are another story).

To keep upgrading them, make sure that the upgrade crystal has a very low second skill rank, as the resulting crystal usually gets the highest 2 ranked skills of all the skills the ingredients has. For example, if you want to upgrade Rise [5]/ Exceed [4], the upgrade crystal you use must be something like Exceed [4]/Attack [2] or something, so that the resulting crystal will be Rise[5]/Exceed[5].

If instead you use an Attack [6]/Exceed[4] to upgrade the crystal, you instead get Attack [6]/Rise [5], making you 'waste' the Exceed [4].

As for the weapons themselves, as I said before, upgraded weapons I stop at +2 (so I can dualize away rare skills to crystals) then let them stay tempered. The +x% damage increase/reduction is more useful than multiple flat +X increase to stats. Considering these weapons will be obsoleted by future upgraded weapons, I'd rather upgrade the base weapons of those (usually cheaper too).

Probably the only ones I keep on dualizing for high +X are the character's weakest weapon (since all characters have second to the last upgrade for them) and some characters have battle weapons that are their last upgraded weapon. But yeah, it becomes expensive... you gotta use Wealth spellbook + dualizing stuff into 'money loot' to keep up.

As a note, don't worry about 'wasting' shards. Last I heard, your % chance to get a shard drop is inversely proportional to the amount of shards in your inventory (the more you have shards, the less % chance for you to get another shard). And considering that later shards have higher skill ranks plus generally better qualities, you might as well us the ones you have right now. If you keep hoarding your early shards (ie. not discarding or better yet, dualizing them away since crystals generally sell for a lot), you're unintentionally gimping your ability to get better shards later.

Old 2012-04-01, 20:51   Link #655
GDB

Honestly, I don't really like Exceed. Max CC means nothing when I'm using it as soon as I recharge it. Rise on the other hand is very nice. I like pairing it with Speed. Right now my Asbel has +25% speed and +2 Minimum CC. Very nice~

I dunno about that inversely proportional bit. I have a shitton of shards, and I still seem to get a new shard every other battle. Some as low as [2], others as high as [5].
Old 2012-04-01, 22:29   Link #656
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Honestly, I don't really like Exceed. Max CC means nothing when I'm using it as soon as I recharge it. Rise on the other hand is very nice. I like pairing it with Speed. Right now my Asbel has +25% speed and +2 Minimum CC. Very nice~

I dunno about that inversely proportional bit. I have a shitton of shards, and I still seem to get a new shard every other battle. Some as low as [2], others as high as [5].
Your max cc starts at what the min value is, and each time your crit meter hits, it goes up by one until it hits what your max value is. tl;dr: Combo a lot? Exceed is useful.

Shard drop rate is higher on higher difficulties.
Old 2012-04-04, 04:12   Link #657
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Exceed is actually very useful in boss fights in Chaos mode, as it lets you string longer combos together. And considering that hit count becomes a huge ass multiplier once you string monster combos, and the ridiculously high HP values of enemies in Chaos mode... yeah, makes them WAY less tedious, or more importantly, lessens the chance of you wiping out by reducing the amount of time you can screw up on.

For example, a combination of that and paralysis spam allowed me to take out Bryce the moment I had access to him in Chaos mode. Would've otherwise took forever because All Divide is pretty much a necessity that early in the game.

Old 2012-04-04, 07:24   Link #658
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

On my first playthrough I have been playing mostly on Moderate, going down to Normal when I've been particularly frustrated. I curb-stomped Bryce so hard that I had to go check to make sure I was still on Moderate (I was). I wonder if he doesn't scale linearly, or if I was just extremely good at taking him out.

Did anyone else get his 60-second trophy without effort?
Old 2012-04-04, 07:39   Link #659
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Yeah he was easy. Then again if you control Sophie in that fight, he has no chance. (playing in Hard)

Also the writing of the Future Arc beats the whole Main Arc so hard. Richard and Malik steal the whole show tho.

"Cheria, let's make out"
"Captain!"
"Uggh"
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 08:25   Link #660
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

About the future arc... What's the estimated duration of it?

Tags
game, games, rpg