AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 20:51   Link #9941
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

No one in this manga has any real reasons to love anyone else in the manga. Except for maybe Emukae although even that's highly subjective since she's more 'adoration/idol-worship' than; imo, love.

As for why Zenkichi likes Medaka. Who knows? It's not exactly a new topic, think we've discussed it way before Medaka's confession. Maybe he's actual a mental projection created by Medaka in her need to never be alone and to guide her on the path to being human -_- Or maybe he's been hit by 'childhood friend' syndrome. However, his actions do indicate he does like Medaka.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:56   Link #9942
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post
You are deeply subjective. You read, but ignore text of the manga.
"It's precisely because Medaka sees the necessity of these other things that she's decided to become independent of Zenkichi."

1. Zen is the only man whom she thinks. All brain work of Medaka it is Zen. And she remembers Zen in the positive emotions.
She is grateful and pleased him.
No other men in she mind. Where Kumagawa?. It's for her zero. Full zero. He's not in Medaka mind and heart.

2. You do not true (intentionally or not) interpret the reasons of Medaka. She was embarrassed (ashamed) depend on the Zen. This is a clear and common motives for loving people. If my idea is not clear, I will try to explain it.

3. Medaka admits she was wrong. She can do something without the Zen. But it does not like. (!) Do not like it to be without Zen.

I hope to able to convey their thoughts in spite of a lot of mistakes in the language.
Strangely, I get to read much easier.
Sorry.
The important point is point 3. Medaka has already stated, "by myself, I can do anything." So to say, Medaka does not need Zenkichi. She has no dependence on him.

In this case, there is no reason Medaka has to be with Zen. It is merely a preference or expectation ("I cannot imagine that you will not be there."). If Zenkichi is not with Medaka, she may be sad, but she will be okay with it.

The second thing is that there is no such thing as "love" in Medaka's current discussions. She is thinking of her and Zenkichi's normal relationship. For Medaka and Zenkichi to move to "romance", will be completely on Zenkichi's initiative. For example: although Medaka may not think always of Kumagawa, but she would be okay with marrying him.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-12 at 19:53.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 21:14   Link #9943
ccie20012

The important point is point 3. Medaka has already stated, "by myself, I can do anything." So to say, Medaka does not need Zenkichi. She has no dependence on him.
Quote:
But i'm seem to not like doing things by myself
It's wery clear. not like. can but not like. hmmm ... You are forcing Medaka to doing what Medaka not like?
severely

Quote:
no reason Medaka
- hmm ... main reason desire of Medaka of course

" but she would be okay with marrying him." - it's no romantic. I'm think it's only joke.

For example: although Medaka may not think always of Kumagawa, but she would be okay with marrying him - that's just a worthless male fantasy (c)

Last edited by ccie20012; 2012-07-08 at 21:36.
ccie20012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 21:33   Link #9944
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccie20012 View Post

It's wery clear. not like. can but not like. hmmm ... You are forcing Medaka to doing what Medaka not like?
severely

- hmm ... main reason desire of Medaka of course

" but she would be okay with marrying him." - it's no romantic. I'm think it's only joke.
"I seem not to like doing things by myself."

So to say, if Medaka did things with other people, even if it's not Zen, Medaka would be okay. There is no need for the person to be Zen.

Medaka has not shown romantic interest to Zenkichi either. Basically, Medaka has not shown romantic interest to anybody. To Medaka, love/romance is not a big deal. She might be okay with Zen, but we already know she would be okay with Kumagawa.

So, the point is? If Zenkichi did not love Medaka romantically, and instead kept his platonic relationship with her, Medaka would have no problems. Except for Zenkichi being in love with her, it is open for her to be with another guy.
Old 2012-07-08, 21:50   Link #9945
ccie20012

I find it difficult to communicate with you.
It is easier to convince the Pope that there is no Jesus Christ.
I think even if the Zen and Medaka married, even if they show their wedding night, and so on you'll be say "I do not believe it."
We read one and the same text.
"If Zenkichi did not love Medaka romantically" Hmm ... Of course it's after Zen said I love you (Medaka) - will you marry me. Of course for you are not an argument.
I have only one suggestion - write your manga, where the Medaka will love Kumagawa. But not in this universe
Old 2012-07-08, 22:37   Link #9946
Wolfenstein

Look, I completely agree on the point that the story has utterly failed to develop/showcase Zenkichi's feelings for Medaka, just leaving a gaping void where an explanation is supposed to be.

But you can't possibly argue that Medaka isn't romantically interested in Zenkichi. You just can't. I agree that her reasons for it are childish delusions of impotence and fear, ones that she can(and I hope she does) overcome, so Zenkichi can finally move on with his life - his life which is not tied to Medaka's every whimsy and cathing up to her - but you can't argue that she regards Zenkichi and Kumagawa with equal standards.

This coming from someone who thinks ZenxMedaka is the worst written romance he's ever seen.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 23:32   Link #9947
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Sol Falling is a very optimistic person. That's all I can say -_-

Old 2012-07-09, 00:37   Link #9948
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Look, I completely agree on the point that the story has utterly failed to develop/showcase Zenkichi's feelings for Medaka, just leaving a gaping void where an explanation is supposed to be.

But you can't possibly argue that Medaka isn't romantically interested in Zenkichi. You just can't. I agree that her reasons for it are childish delusions of impotence and fear, ones that she can(and I hope she does) overcome, so Zenkichi can finally move on with his life - his life which is not tied to Medaka's every whimsy and cathing up to her - but you can't argue that she regards Zenkichi and Kumagawa with equal standards.

This coming from someone who thinks ZenxMedaka is the worst written romance he's ever seen.
Medaka's own feelings do not matter, because it is specifically those feelings that (as you've mentioned) she's trying to overcome.

Udou Bukiko noted, "So long as [Medaka] values freedom over happiness, [Zenkichi] stands no threat to us."

As a human (Medaka, that is), of course, it is difficult to be completely confident that Medaka will choose freedom over happiness. Changing her mind/direction would make her a pathetic character though, and if Nishio was planning to go that way he wouldn't have even bothered to bring up Medaka's development this chapter about becoming a human who doesn't need to depend on Zenkichi.

I don't mind being seen as "optimistic", lol, but as I noted previously I don't actually bother hoping for things unless there's a realistic chance of them happening.

I fully expect Medaka to stay true to her character development. And I also fully expect, at some point in the future, for Zenkichi's "love" for Medaka to be explored and developed thoroughly.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:21   Link #9949
Mars Mode

You know I can do my work by myself and it doesnt mean that I will not accept help that comes from my teammates, being able to do something by myself doesnt mean I will do it by myself.

When it comes to Medaka is unfortunate but the posibilitys of she loving someone else after Zenkichi are as of now zero. The only other person whom she may have loved is Miyakonojou but that is already past behind her.

If she is pleased by Zenkichi being by her side let him stay at her side geez. It seems like this argument is the one of a mother being overprotective of her own daugther.

I hope we know why exactly does Zen like Medaka, but at this stage we can safely assume is because the time he has spent with her. As simple as that. We do not need logic neither studys this is a manga, and in the world of manga the chilhood friend is one of the most used cliches.
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 01:26   Link #9950
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I don't mind being seen as "optimistic", lol, but as I noted previously I don't actually bother hoping for things unless there's a realistic chance of them happening.
Your definition of realistic probably differs from everyone elses.

Old 2012-07-09, 02:23   Link #9951
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
You need to watch more bad light novel adaptations. That, or Aquarion EVOL.
Actually, don't.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 02:59   Link #9952
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

aquarion evol.......*foams at mouth while ranting incoherently* why...dog......wtf....

Old 2012-07-09, 10:56   Link #9953
ccie20012

Udou Bukiko its main antagonist in this Arc. 0.0 ... (1) the probability that she will win.
Therefore, all her fears need to predict the opposite sign.
She is afraid of meeting Zen and Medaka - it takes place. Already.
She is afraid of something else - it's all true. Just read her fears - that's the way it is.
Because she must lose.
Another path will not happen (aka a bad end) - it is the law of the genre.

P.S. I'm surprised that people do not like a pair of Zen x Medaka. Strangely, what they expected?
It was obvious after the first chapter.
After 139 chapters - had only to wait.
http://www.mangareader.net/medaka-box/139/11
EVERYTHING IS PLANNED
Old 2012-07-09, 12:50   Link #9954
Sol Falling

lol. I might have thought that way too, until Ajimu convinced Medaka to restart the Flask Plan. Any preconceived concepts you have about "the villain has to lose", "the main romance has to happen", etc. that you think not happening is impossible, you should better be prepared that Nishio could contradict completely.
Old 2012-07-09, 13:40   Link #9955
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
lol. I might have thought that way too, until Ajimu convinced Medaka to restart the Flask Plan.
Was there even any point to this? The only character we've seen that's resulted from that 'new' Flask Plan is Torai and she's so stunningly unimportant.
Quote:
Any preconceived concepts you have about "the villain has to lose", "the main romance has to happen", etc. that you think not happening is impossible, you should better be prepared that Nishio could contradict completely.
No.
I really like Nisio's work and realize that, yes, he has done things that defy genre expectations before. Medaka Box is not one of those things, nor is it intended to be.
Medaka and Zenkichi will get together because the entire manga has been setting up their relationship as "something special" and that's just how these sort of things work... furthermore, getting with Medaka has been Zen's goal for something close to thirty chapters now, and want to see him achieve that. After all the crap he goes through for her sake, he deserves her.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 15:34   Link #9956
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
lol. I might have thought that way too, until Ajimu convinced Medaka to restart the Flask Plan. Any preconceived concepts you have about "the villain has to lose", "the main romance has to happen", etc. that you think not happening is impossible, you should better be prepared that Nishio could contradict completely.
Actually that's kinda a weak point. Typically those tropes occur for very specific reasons, the reason why the villain has to lose was because otherwise the hero is dead, everyone else is dead etc. If the end result isn't endgame the villain winning is in fact quite common. E.g main characters failed to prevent the release of Kishin in Soul eater hell Medusa achieved practically everything she wanted to do and the heroes did jack. Naruto failed to save Sasuke from Orochimaru. Luffy failed to save his brother.

So Aijimu winning doesn't actually break any usual shounen tropes. Hell she wasn't even a standard shounen villain as nothing she achieved was malignant.
If Medaka dies, then you can say, Shounen villain tropes were broken. Otherwise it's still very much following usual shounen tropes. I mean hell noone in this manga has even freaking died. That's like the worse shounen trope to maintain. It removes all tension in these supposed battles.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 17:12   Link #9957
ccie20012

shounen? Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman (c)
This romantic comedy (as promised) + parody + "word game" and the like.
No one died.
Medaka is a girl with whom nothing bad can happen
Just take a beer and read/watch a good school comedy + shounen parody.
Solve puzzles, have fun on a game of words and the like.

I would compare this manga to R + V. In the winning side for Medaka Box. R+V comedy manga has migrated to the stupid battle manga (with real blood, and the like). Medaka Box contrary migrated from the battle manga (probably by design) to the romantic stories. Excellent. This was the main complaint about Medaka Box - where romance?, give more romance.
I am pleased with the last 30 chapters.

Last edited by ccie20012; 2012-07-09 at 17:31.
Old 2012-07-09, 18:10   Link #9958
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

^ ... I won't comment on that last post other than to say, I hope you don't wander into the R+V thread anytime soon...there's no R+V this month so the fans are rabid and eager to besige someone/thing... Oh, that includes me by the way.

As to how Zen and Meda are doing, meh, I'll let them be. I'm flexible enough to let the author/artist do their thing without me trying to box them into what I think they should do with their own story. Granted, I might disagree with how they do things from time to time, but it's no biggie. I still want to see what will happen in the end.
Old 2012-07-09, 18:49   Link #9959
ccie20012

[offtop]
Quote:
I hope you don't wander into the R+V thread anytime soon
I'm think - no. I'm big fan Kurumu Kurono, but Alucard and etc - it's not for me
Sorry if anyone is offended, but I really do not like what happened to the manga.
[/offtop]
Old 2012-07-09, 18:57   Link #9960
ImperialFlameGod8190

i agree with ccie20012 first it was a cute little story with some edge but the alucard thing is just a boring cliche and it wasnt even done well. If this was a weekly manga it makes sense but as a monthly it takes too long
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council