AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-16, 11:04   Link #4201
Klarth

Just signed up on Rosalicious... Thanks so much Mormel, it looks really cool
Old 2012-12-16, 18:16   Link #4202
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
Well, the registration was supposed to tell you, that I restricted usernames to use letters, numbers, underscores and minus signs...so the problem should be the space sign ..
I'll think about the sub-team...if more people want that I'll probably add it,
but it's not really that important which team is shown in your profile in my opinion :S
Thanks! I was putting a space sign between Eriko and 556.
Old 2012-12-17, 06:15   Link #4203
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Old 2012-12-17, 12:28   Link #4204
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
Spoiler:
Impressive combos! It's a pity they are only possible with Willard. Although an Assault Touch combo with AnyoneAnge would be very usefull due to her ability.
Old 2012-12-21, 01:23   Link #4205
adiosToreadon

Hi! Very stupid question here but how do you do 5(a/b/c) moves? I feel like this would help me actually DO some of the combos i've seen in videos.
Old 2012-12-21, 06:14   Link #4206
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreadon View Post
Hi! Very stupid question here but how do you do 5(a/b/c) moves? I feel like this would help me actually DO some of the combos i've seen in videos.
just don't hold down a direction while attacking.
5 pretty much means neutral.
Old 2012-12-21, 06:44   Link #4207
CrimsonMoonMist

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreadon View Post

Threw it together in 10 secs, this is how the numpad notations are in comparison to the D-pad. So like Meltyred said, while 5 is technically the middle of the pad,
it essentially means to not hold a direction.
Old 2012-12-21, 14:57   Link #4208
adiosToreadon

Thanks for the responses, but I'm still confused? Because I can't consistently use one of the attacks, like occasionally when playing as Virgilia, i'd sometimes get a Chandelier or a Mirror when i'm using medium attack. Same with Shannon, sometimes she'll push with both hands, sometimes she'll use a duster instead.
Old 2012-12-21, 16:52   Link #4209
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Some attacks change depending if you're far or close to the enemy, and also if you press the forward button (4 or 6) accidentaly. Shannon's 5C can be an umbrella (when close) or the serving cart (when far).
Old 2012-12-23, 15:12   Link #4210
Eriko 556

EDIT: Go to 0:42. It's when the match actually starts. That's what I get for being perfectionist

Finally got a chance to install OMK in a good PC that doesn't lag. (Only lagging in video because of recording program) This is one of many battles I played against a friend. I only recorded it because was a "good" match compared to many ones we had today.

His strategy is simple, as you can see, but it's impossible for me to break throught it without him commit a mistake.

You guys who are muuuuuch more experienced than me... How I defeat his BatBea with my JesSha? Answer: It's impossible. Go get another team.
Old 2012-12-23, 15:16   Link #4211
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Is their any way to swap Gamepad order? It uses my Xbox360 pad for 1st player and my arcade stick for P2, i want it the other way around....
Old 2012-12-23, 17:06   Link #4212
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriko 556 View Post

EDIT: Go to 0:42. It's when the match actually starts. That's what I get for being perfectionist

Finally got a chance to install OMK in a good PC that doesn't lag. (Only lagging in video because of recording program) This is one of many battles I played against a friend. I only recorded it because was a "good" match compared to many ones we had today.

His strategy is simple, as you can see, but it's impossible for me to break throught it without him commit a mistake.

You guys who are muuuuuch more experienced than me... How I defeat his BatBea with my JesSha? Answer: It's impossible. Go get another team.
Your problem is that your team severely lacks in any means of approaching the enemy. Jessicais the worst character to approach anyone, and lacks in any defensive means aside from her feint punchs (which you didn't use). Her "punch frenzy" also isn't very useful in most situations, since you can't combo any normals from it and the attack pushes the enemy back, away from you reach.

For Shannon you can use 3C for approaching, since it allows Shannon to avoid most projectiles, but like Jessica she sucks at approaching. You also rely too much on jumping to get near the enemy, which sucks for Shannon since she's both slow and is tied with Dlanor in the lowest jump category.
Old 2012-12-23, 17:22   Link #4213
Eriko 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrieliosP View Post
You also rely too much on jumping to get near the enemy, which sucks for Shannon since she's both slow and is tied with Dlanor in the lowest jump category.
Yes, I know. Unfortunatly it was the only way I could think of approaching him. I'm still getting used with no-lag OMK. Too fast for my slow and stupid fingers

Well. Larry, a guy from OMK IRC said to me to do, with Jessica, to run over him and f.5b -> f.5c -> 236B. What do you think, everyone? Larry said to me too that I could ran over my friend while I was with Auto-Guard while he used his Metasuper and nothing would happen to me. (I always thought that would count as counter attack. So I never did it)
Also, now I realized I could use Assault Touch many times while Battler or Beato was using their Metasuper. I'm so stupid!

Last edited by Eriko 556; 2012-12-23 at 17:33.
Old 2012-12-23, 21:44   Link #4214
adiosToreadon

Okay! Another stupid question here. What does Beatrice say when she's starting the match? The part where she appears in her chair and then stands up? I can understand the first three words, "This is my-" and then I don't know the rest.
Old 2012-12-24, 10:28   Link #4215
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

This is really annoying regardless of what i do the game always uses the xbox360 gamepad for player 1 controls, i even swapped the controller priority and tried unplugging the 360 controller and put it back didn't work, isn't their some ini tweak so that i can use my arcade stick for player 1 controls ?
Old 2012-12-25, 01:58   Link #4216
Solkiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
This is really annoying regardless of what i do the game always uses the xbox360 gamepad for player 1 controls, i even swapped the controller priority and tried unplugging the 360 controller and put it back didn't work, isn't their some ini tweak so that i can use my arcade stick for player 1 controls ?
Disable driver of the 360 controller.
Old 2012-12-25, 08:42   Link #4217
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

That's the conclusion i ended up with as well, to bad their's no quick way of doing it...
Old 2012-12-26, 08:27   Link #4218
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Oho... who would expect that happening? Bernkastel at her cutest.

Old 2012-12-29, 14:48   Link #4219
Sonny Setsujoku
Prince of Madness

Could someone explain to me how to choose the same character twice with cheat engine or a link that could explain it .
Old 2012-12-29, 19:05   Link #4220
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
1) Open Ougon and Cheat Engine
2) On Cheat Engine, click the computer magnifying glass icon with the rainbowy outline.
3) On the list that pops up, select Ougon (the process on mine is called GameMain.exe)
4) Go into character select on Ougon

The next part can be done with any characters, you just need to know the numbers for them. I personally use Erika, Dlanor, and Bernkastel because, being at the end of the list, they are the easiest for me to remember.

5) Highlight Erika with your cursor.
6) In cheat engine, change 'Scan Type' to exact value (should be the default) and 'Value Type' to Byte.
7) In the 'Value' field, type the number 18, and hit first scan.
8) Go back to Ougon and highlight Dlanor with the cursor.
9) Go back to Cheat Engine and type 19 into the Value box. Then hit 'Next Scan'
10) Go back to Ougon and select Bernkastel. Back to Cheat Engine and search 20 with Next Scan.

At this point, the list of addresses on the left hand side of Cheat Engine should be down to 2 numbers, both of which are the number you last searched. If you have more than 2, just repeat the last few steps until you have 2 left.

11) Go to Ougon, and highlight the character you wish to play 2 of. Go to Cheat Engine, and you should see a new 2 digit number where it used to say 20. This is the 2 digit code for that character.
12) Double click the first of the two addresses in the left hand pane. It should copy it to the window at the bottom.

From here, you have 2 options (both equally simple)
13)Check the box next to the Address in the bottom pane. It should have an X in it now. Go to Ougon and select the character you wish to use. The cursor should stay on that character, and you can just select it again.

OR

13) Select the character you wish to use. The cursor will move to another character (typically one to the right). Go to Cheat Engine, and in the bottom pane under 'Value' you will see a new 2 digit code. Double click it, and change it to the two digit code of the character you want to use 2 of (found in step 11). Hit enter and the cursor should be moved back to the character. Go to Ougon and just hit A or whatever you use to select characters and your done!

The second method takes an extra step, but its the first method I managed to find, so if for some reason you have difficulty with one, there's another for you.

If you are wondering why there are two addresses in the left pane at the end, one of them is the variable that determines which character you are selecting with the cursor, and the other is a variable which determines which portrait and model to show at the bottom left of the screen in character select. Changing the second one wont have much of an effect, since it reads off the first one and will change itself back instantly. I've never tried freezing the value, but if you feel like risking a game crash by all means, feel free to experiment :P
Closed Thread