AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-03-24, 23:07   Link #1321
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

About the new world revelation, could it be that the so called Dark Continent that Morgiana traveled to is really that old world in ruins that Aladdin talked about and that is why supposedly no one can return from there?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 23:15   Link #1322
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
About the new world revelation, could it be that the so called Dark Continent that Morgiana traveled to is really that old world in ruins that Aladdin talked about and that is why supposedly no one can return from there?
I think the other world is another planet. When Aladdin said Solomon created the new world and sent people there, you can see images if a planet from outside the atmosphere (kinda like when you get into a dungeon!).

The dark continent is probably just a normal continent. Morgiana was born there, remember? Why it got separated from the rest of the world is a mystery, but I think Yunan probably has something to do with it.
Old 2013-03-25, 12:03   Link #1323
shalala

I quite like this chapter. Lolimagi in her battle Armour loooks soooooo badass and her first general who is HEEE. I want his back story was he also in love with lolimagi, type of person he was etc. I do find something lacking in this chapter which would be Tears. When Alibaba gave his "Alibaba chop of sense" to Aladdin there should have been tears between then two when Alibaba told him that he is there for him. Also how was Aladdin's staff remade as it looks a bit smaller.

As for the other world that king Solomon lived in. Wouldn't that be the world that people go to when they enter/leave a dungeon? Each of them beams of lights could be a dungeon that has risen or waiting to be risen. Seeing how so far we see a world with beams of light and people go up and down it when entering or leaving. So I think that when King Solomon made that current world he also did something to his world so that it would be a vessel for the Djinns for where they stay till someone enters their chambers. Plus the Djinns them selfs where part of King Solomons generals and volunteered to be Djinns so they could battle Al-Sarmen in the new world. Some thing I don't get is why doesn't Aladdin talk to Sinbad Djinns surely he would get more info like that.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 03:28   Link #1324
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
King Solomon created the world they currently live in? From their conversation it sounds like Solomon was a magician chosen by 3 magis, but then why did the magicians rebel against him, if they were 'ruled' by a magician?

I mentioned last week how Aladdin and Alibaba might remind Scheherazade of her deceased king candidate, and next chapter we get a brief flashback.
Funny scene in the flashback, a magi and a king vessel running away from a wild beast, it must have been an elite boss.

Now the question, was Aladdin born in the new world or is he from the old world? If he's from the new world, Ugo must have snatched him away as an infant to educate him.
Go back to my old theory, Solomon probably want to create an equal world where there's no caste system ( As the one in Magno right now ). The mages treat this as betrayal and insultment. Remember what Isnan said: "We will never let this world go according to Solomon's arrogance!". He also said something about Solomon betrayed them ( Al-thamen ) when Aladdin talked with him inside Alibaba.

Well, with the revealation, my theory only got the few things right: Solomon was a great magician, he created Djinn and Dungeons and he ended the war that way so not everything will be destroyed. We can see that he learn from his experience, he created a world with only 1 Language to prevent less misunderstandings and conflicts. There still questions about Al-Thamen's motive, the 3rd magi that lead Al-thamen against Solomon...The most important question is:

Why did he want his Djinn to choose different king candidates ? Or maybe he actually think that one united country is just impossible ?

About Lady Scher, I would love to see more of her past. It seems like she was a much more genki girl than now. Geez, I now demand the author to make a side story of Scher and her first king candidate, they seems like a cute couple.
Old 2013-03-26, 17:19   Link #1325
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Finally caught up. Although I did like it, somehow the anime didn't make a very big impression on me so I was slightly reluctant to start the manga. I decided to do it because there were quite a few characters I liked. And boy am I glad I did. I'm really loving this manga. The storytelling is better than average for a shounen series, the setting is very charming, and the characters are highly likable. The story flows really well, I wasn't bored for second. Some arcs were weaker than others, sure, but all of them enjoyable.

My only complain would be Hakuryuu's development. He started off as a pretty cool and likable dude, then all of a sudden he turned into Sasuke 2.0. It's only a matter of time before he goes full DARKNESS on everybody's asses. Disappointing. Well, better him than Alibaba, like in the anime...

As for the current war, hard to tell how this will end. Scheherazade is willing to retreat, but Mogamett is not going to let the death of his fellow magicians go unpunished. And of course, there is still Kou to consider. They're about to make their move. Quite a tricky situation for Aladdin to solve. Thankfully, Alibaba is there to lend him a hand now. Still, I can't help but feel this arc is not going to end well.
Old 2013-03-26, 21:42   Link #1326
Raviel

To be fair to Hakuryuu, at his core he is still a good person, Zagan himself says so in one of the extra mini-chapters and we all know the rukh don't lie (though there is still one thing about Hakuryuu that bothers Zagan).

So I think calling him Sasuke 2.0 is a bit exaggerated, if he was like Sasuke he wouldn't have even bothered talking to Aladdin or Morgiana before leaving. Hakuryuu is more of a good person who has a (rather justified) fixation on exacting revenge on his mother.

Now that I think about it, is there ANYONE among the Kou royal family that actually likes Gyokuen?

P.S. On another note I've always found it creepy how Hakuei is basically a non-evil carbon copy of her mother.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 23:37   Link #1327
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
So I think calling him Sasuke 2.0 is a bit exaggerated, if he was like Sasuke he wouldn't have even bothered talking to Aladdin or Morgiana before leaving. Hakuryuu is more of a good person who has a (rather justified) fixation on exacting revenge on his mother.
I think he called him Sasuke 2.0 because his obsession with revenge is making him fall into depravity. If that happens, even if he is technically a good person deep down, the darkness will consume him and he'll become a villain whether he likes it or not.

Unfortunately, this is the most likely outcome for his character.
Old 2013-03-27, 00:09   Link #1328
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Most probable difference would be Hakyuryu survives falling into depravity.
Old 2013-03-27, 03:23   Link #1329
Raviel

He'd be the first in that case, I don't think anyone (does Sinbad count?) has survived falling into depravity.
Old 2013-03-27, 03:43   Link #1330
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Finally caught up. Although I did like it, somehow the anime didn't make a very big impression on me so I was slightly reluctant to start the manga. I decided to do it because there were quite a few characters I liked. And boy am I glad I did. I'm really loving this manga. The storytelling is better than average for a shounen series, the setting is very charming, and the characters are highly likable. The story flows really well, I wasn't bored for second. Some arcs were weaker than others, sure, but all of them enjoyable.

My only complain would be Hakuryuu's development. He started off as a pretty cool and likable dude, then all of a sudden he turned into Sasuke 2.0. It's only a matter of time before he goes full DARKNESS on everybody's asses. Disappointing. Well, better him than Alibaba, like in the anime...

As for the current war, hard to tell how this will end. Scheherazade is willing to retreat, but Mogamett is not going to let the death of his fellow magicians go unpunished. And of course, there is still Kou to consider. They're about to make their move. Quite a tricky situation for Aladdin to solve. Thankfully, Alibaba is there to lend him a hand now. Still, I can't help but feel this arc is not going to end well.
Yep, the storytelling is one big difference between the manga and the anime adaptation. I couldn't stand the anime after ep21 mainly because of that.

For Hakuryuu, although he looks and acts like a lost guy with revenge motif, I actually don't think he would fight with Alibaba and Aladdin to death just because of that. When they said goodbye to him, Hakuryuu once said that he understand that they're his true friends and he appreaciate that. Even if they're on the opposite side someday, he wouldn't fight them because of their friendship.

A guy that still treasure his true friends like that won't fall into depravity so easily.
Old 2013-03-27, 04:03   Link #1331
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
A guy that still treasure his true friends like that won't fall into depravity so easily.
Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but the last time he appeared he seemed to be falling already.

Also, as far as I can tell cursing your fate only turns your magoi black, but it doesn't turn you into a Black Djinn. For example, when Kassim became a Black Djinn, besides cursing his fate, he also had to stab himself with the black magic sword that was given to him by the Al Sarmen guy.

What I'm getting at is, that even if Hakuryuu curses his fate a falls into depravity, he can still be saved. As long as he doesn't get turned into a Black Djinn, there is a chance to save him.
Old 2013-03-27, 08:07   Link #1332
shalala

He could always turn out to be a good guy even if he if does end up cursing his own fate?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 08:21   Link #1333
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Up until now, we haven't seen a single person that can remain good after cursing his/her own fate ( Sinbad only did it halfway through ) so the possiblity of Haku remain a good guy even if he fall into depravity is really low.

But if he can do it then it will be awesome, I always like those "dark is not evil" characters ^^.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:14   Link #1334
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Up until now, we haven't seen a single person that can remain good after cursing his/her own fate ( Sinbad only did it halfway through ) so the possiblity of Haku remain a good guy even if he fall into depravity is really low.

But if he can do it then it will be awesome, I always like those "dark is not evil" characters ^^.
However towards the end, Cassim had real remorse and was sort of redemmed and his rukh become white again, which means it is possible to come back from depravity. He didn't survive cause he sacrificed his life to become a dark djinn, I just hope Morg is not used as some love wins all scenario which would just demean both characters.
Old 2013-03-27, 11:24   Link #1335
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
To be fair to Hakuryuu, at his core he is still a good person, Zagan himself says so in one of the extra mini-chapters and we all know the rukh don't lie (though there is still one thing about Hakuryuu that bothers Zagan).
Precisely. This was foreshadowing Hakuryuu is going to fall into depravity.

Quote:
It's not like Sasuke is a bad person either (though he's definitely kind of an asshole). They're both good persons who were swallowed up by their hatred for one of their family member. Hakuryuu hasn't completely fallen yet, but I'm convinced it will happen sooner or later. He has already started to change, his sister noticed it. His complete loss against his mother (he wasn't even able to scratch her) will only increase his hatred and his desperation. We know what happens in Magi when a person holds these kind of dark feelings. He will become a different person.
Old 2013-03-27, 12:01   Link #1336
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
I missed this part, in which chapter did Zagan state it? Or was it part of some extra?
Old 2013-03-27, 12:18   Link #1337
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's the extra from volume 11.

By the way, there is some black ruhk around Hakuryuu when Zagan says that. Definitely foreshadowing.
Old 2013-03-27, 22:26   Link #1338
Raviel

There was black rukh around Hakuryuu? I never noticed XD

If he does fall into depravity, I at least hope there's going to be a way to save him, it would be such a shame to see someone like Hakuryuu fall so far. Now, since we're talking about Hakuryuu falling into depravity, I have a gut feeling that if/when it happens Alibaba and Morgiana will have an unintentional role in speeding up the process (though this is just random speculation from me ).

On another note, do you guys think we'll ever see Kouen VS Sinbad in the manga? They seem to be good foils to each other.
Old 2013-03-28, 02:15   Link #1339
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:

On another note, do you guys think we'll ever see Kouen VS Sinbad in the manga? They seem to be good foils to each other.
I think we can be 100% sure about that. The guy has been hyped by both Judal, Ren Kouha and Hakuryuu as the only man worthy of fighting Sindbad. He and Sindbad actually have many similarities: owning multiple Djinn, curious about the truth of Solomon, Alma Toran language, Dungeon and Al - Thamen. The only difference is how they think what's best for the world.
Old 2013-03-31, 03:41   Link #1340
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

HOLY!!!!

Magi spin-off, Adventures of Sindbad... officially starting serialization in Weekly Shounen Sunday starting with the May 8th issue!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOT

And yeah, the art is gonna be that assistant person and Ootaka will just write the story.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen