AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-07, 18:22   Link #281
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I like this chapter. I hope they have a unexpected reason for Kuroko suddenly having his misdirection back (or is that even misdirection).

Anyways Kuroko is actually doing the same thing to Mayuzumi that happened to him. By making Mayuzumi take more shots his presence is actually being increased. Misdirection will wear of for Mayuzumi soon rendering one player of Rakuzan useless.

BTW looking back on my comments on the Brooklyn Nets.

Man I was optimistic on some teams back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
The return of the Phantom.

BTW, Generation of Miracles, at the very least, couldn't you have a little bit of trust on Kuroko?

He's been playing with the group since middle-school.

Simply trust him not just a player but as his friends, right?
The GoM have supreme confidence in themselves and when they think that "X can't beat Y" they're usually correct so they wouldn't take back such thoughts without something dramatic happening.

And Kuroko is the only one among them that never gets the benefit of the doubt. He's been scrutinized by the GoM since he met them. Not really out of character for them to doubt him.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 22:29   Link #282
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post
I like this chapter. I hope they have a unexpected reason for Kuroko suddenly having his misdirection back (or is that even misdirection).
I'm wondering if it has something to do with him marking that...Mayazumi, or whatever the new phantom man's name is. Something like him being in the presence of a phantom draws some kind of focus, allowing him to do what he did at the end of the newest chapter(248).

Also, letting Mayazumi score more and more points, gives him more recognition from the crowd, esp if he's the ONLY one scoring. He's certainly determined to do so to "show" Seirin that he isn't weak or shouldn't be looked down upon. This'll lower his misdirection abilities quicker than normal(and probably reflectively increase Kuroko's).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-09, 00:03   Link #283
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Log View Post

Anyways Kuroko is actually doing the same thing to Mayuzumi that happened to him. By making Mayuzumi take more shots his presence is actually being increased. Misdirection will wear of for Mayuzumi soon rendering one player of Rakuzan useless.

BTW looking back on my comments on the Brooklyn Nets.

Man I was optimistic on some teams back then.
--snip--
Log, you're back! It'll probably be two players soon, since we've also seen signs of weakness from Mibuchi. Granted, they'll probably just be under-performing than becoming dead weight like what happened with Kuroko earlier.

As for Brooklyn... I think a lot of people were optimistic about them.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 06:46   Link #284
fukarming

Basketball question:

Had any "basketball greats" (hall of famers) lost a game when their team is up more than 20 at any point of the game?
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 11:43   Link #285
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Basketball question:

Had any "basketball greats" (hall of famers) lost a game when their team is up more than 20 at any point of the game?
Game 4 of 2008 NBA finals, Lakers up by 21 after first quarter, Boston comes back and wins 97-91.
While Kobe Bryant isn't a HoF because he's still playing, he will be a HoF when he retires +5 years.
This is the one I've personally seen (and actually remember), I'm sure there are plenty more, whether in the playoffs or regular season.

Great to see Kuroko outsmart Mayazumi, now Hayama is starting to miss.
I've been wondering for a while now, but Rakuzan doesn't seem to have made substitutions to let players rest (and other teams they played against as well), is that normal in high school basketball?
Old 2014-02-14, 11:49   Link #286
Sixth
Hu Tao

Who's with me. Kuroko going to his use vanishing drive when everyone didn't expect it.

Kuroko: I can use Vanishing Drive the moment I enter the game..I just don't want to use it because I want to give you guys the impression I can't use it...LOL
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 12:42   Link #287
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Game 4 of 2008 NBA finals, Lakers up by 21 after first quarter, Boston comes back and wins 97-91.
While Kobe Bryant isn't a HoF because he's still playing, he will be a HoF when he retires +5 years.
This is the one I've personally seen (and actually remember), I'm sure there are plenty more, whether in the playoffs or regular season.

Great to see Kuroko outsmart Mayazumi, now Hayama is starting to miss.
I've been wondering for a while now, but Rakuzan doesn't seem to have made substitutions to let players rest (and other teams they played against as well), is that normal in high school basketball?
Ah, I remember that game. Emotions similar to whats going with Seirin v. Rakuzan right now -- despair and then all of the sudden the light of hope.

Part of the reason Hayama missed may be that Mayuzumi's pass was a little off. I assume it was an assist, so a pass that low would be a bit harder to shoot... Never watched high school basketball, so I wouldn't know, but it looks like the lack of subs might become a plot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Who's with me. Kuroko going to his use vanishing drive when everyone didn't expect it.

Kuroko: I can use Vanishing Drive the moment I enter the game..I just don't want to use it because I want to give you guys the impression I can't use it...LOL
I don't know, from what this chapter explained, he may not. As soon as he brings out the new techniques he learned, the audience is going to start calling him out again and bringing attention back to him, which he doesn't want. Especially now that Kagami is in the Zone again, it would be more beneficial for Kuroko to fade back into obscurity and let Kagami draw all the attention and pressure.
Old 2014-03-22, 03:06   Link #288
BPD Renegade

Reactions to the character popularity poll?

I was NOT expecting the number 1 to be
Spoiler for winner:
And the margin of victory was crazy.

Miyaji and Hanamiya over characters like Kiyoshi and Aida??

In any case, the lead into the results was hilarious.

--EDIT--
Spoiler for Ch 254:

Last edited by BPD Renegade; 2014-03-22 at 03:20.
Old 2014-03-22, 06:13   Link #289
kazzuya13

By the way what is Momoi's rank? Cause she wasn't included in the color illustration.
Old 2014-03-22, 06:24   Link #290
GenesiD

Of course Kise is top 5 in the popularity rankings. He is just badass with his ability to copy. I really want to see the Generation of Miracles in the zone. So far only two have reached it.
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 06:34   Link #291
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
By the way what is Momoi's rank? Cause she wasn't included in the color illustration.
17th, was mentioned in the colour illustrations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Spoiler for Ch 254:
Both his eyes were always like that, since the flashback in middle school.
Old 2014-03-24, 20:14   Link #292
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
17th, was mentioned in the colour illustrations.

Both his eyes were always like that, since the flashback in middle school.
Thanks for that. I hadn't been paying much attention to them until that last panel. It seems he's starting to look visibly worried.
Old 2014-03-24, 21:16   Link #293
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Reactions to the character popularity poll?

I was NOT expecting the number 1 to be
Spoiler for winner:
And the margin of victory was crazy.

Miyaji and Hanamiya over characters like Kiyoshi and Aida??

In any case, the lead into the results was hilarious.

--EDIT--
Spoiler for Ch 254:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesiD View Post
Of course Kise is top 5 in the popularity rankings. He is just badass with his ability to copy. I really want to see the Generation of Miracles in the zone. So far only two have reached it.
You guys know that majority of the votes are probably from Fujoshis?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 22:01   Link #294
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
You guys know that majority of the votes are probably from Fujoshis?
True true. I just didn't think that Akashi would be that popular. He nearly doubled Kuroko's votes.
Old 2014-03-26, 11:39   Link #295
II Maestro

Spoiler for Raws for 255:
Old 2014-04-04, 13:36   Link #296
larethian

Kuroko tops One Piece in ToC in issue #19. My, is this the first time Kuroko beats OP?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 02:14   Link #297
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Kuroko tops One Piece in ToC in issue #19. My, is this the first time Kuroko beats OP?
That is indeed pretty surprising, especially after the last few chapters of One Piece (don't want to spoil anything in this thread).
Old 2014-04-06, 13:09   Link #298
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Man, I just don't see how Seirin is going to win this; with Kagami tiring out slowly but surely, and every attempt by Seirin to catch up being retorted with good offense by Rakuzan, it'll take some pretty BS screw-ups for them to have a fighting chance.

I still hope that it comes down to Kuroko vs Akashi in the end. This MUST happen >=0|!

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 23:19   Link #299
BPD Renegade

^ I don't know... We've got Hyuuga going in for the final quarter now, and apparently, there's a way to stop Mibuchi.

In terms of 1-on-1 match-ups, Kuroko-Mayu, Izuki-Hayama, and Kagami-Akashi are now in Seirin's favor, and we're about to get the 1-up on Mibuchi once Hyuuga comes back in. That only leaves Kiyoshi-Nebuya.

It looks like everyone's getting a bit of a curtain call now that we're reaching the end -- Hyuuga, Izumi, Furihata, Koganei... We probably won't see the entire bench get their own little flashback, and probably Mitobe's the only guy left, but once Fujimaki decides everyone has had their round, the game will probably start picking up from its snail's pace. ^-^
Old 2014-04-06, 23:45   Link #300
omegasereon

And then Kagami goes out of the zone and Seirin will lose. Akashi too strong.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basketball, comedy