AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-12-07, 01:21   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 849 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Let's do this! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the spoiler:

-Chapter title is "Bropper in Mirror World". The splash page, apparently, consists of heroes from other Jump manga cosplaying as One Piece characters.

-In the mirror world, Brulee is about to throw Carrot into the boiling pot. However, little does Big Mom's daughter know.... the Carrot she's about to cook is not the real Carrot! It looks like the mink used Brulee's own ability against her and substituted herself with a frog that happens to have Carrot's appearance! The real rabbit girl is hiding in Brulee's attic. Soon, she makes a sneak attack! During her assault, she saves the disguised frog, then knocks over the pot, splashing Brulee with scalding hot water! Randolph, the enemy rabbit warrior, ends up getting wet as well, and is soon shocked by Carrot's Electro. As for Chopper, he breaks free from his bonds by transforming, then eats a Rumble Ball, proceeding to go on a rampage in his monster form. Now he and Carrot have managed to take control of Brulee's mirror world....!!!!

-At Sanji's room, he's cooking a meal for a depressed Pudding. Meanwhile, Brooke's treasure heist suddenly becomes much more complicated: as Big Mom herself suddenly appears in front of him! Apparently, she got hold of the room's key from one of her soldiers (spoiler doesn't specify any further, but I guess she used her ability to get inside). Outside, in the courtyard, Pedro faces Tamago. As it turned out, when the mink was last captured 5 years ago, he had FIFTY YEARS of his lifespan stolen from him by Big Mom....!!!

-Elsewhere at the castle, we see Sanji's sister Reiju, who.... is covered in blood...!!?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 16:05   Link #2
Rainbowman

Quite the action packed chapter.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 16:48   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The Soul King vs the person with a power over souls... interesting match-up.
Old 2016-12-07, 19:24   Link #4
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Reiju is my Queen! She better not be injured but maybe is, but FIGHT ON! Even if it's Luffy!

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-07, 22:24   Link #5
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I smell conspiracy between Big Mom and Vinsmoke.. Maybe Reiju smells something is not right

Soul King vs Soul Stealer, i wonder how it goes anyway I think homies will got less chance to defeat Brook just like how Brook defeat them with just a music
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 04:15   Link #6
marvelB

Some pics are out. Beat up Reiju is confirmed, after all.... Seems the popular consensus regarding that is that she was attacked by Capone's gang. Guess that would make sense, what with all the theories about the supernova potentially staging a mutiny against Big Mom. He'd have to be damned confident to pull that off, though.... I mean, can the army in his body really be compared to the combined might of Big Mom/Germa's armies?

What else.... oh yeah, it looks like both Pedro and Tamago are missing an eye. Guess that's the result of their previous scuffle during Pedro's first invasion. But more than anything, I'm most interested in seeing Brooke vs. Big Mom.... I want to know for certain whose soul power is the superior one.
Old 2016-12-08, 07:39   Link #7
homohominilupus

Damn,such an awesome chapter,but of course there is no chapter next week heh
homohominilupus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 09:04   Link #8
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

pudding's surprised attack on reiju!
Old 2016-12-08, 09:21   Link #9
Ramero

I more expect of Gang Bege to attack Reiju about it..

But you know Gang Bege's ability is also a weaknesses.. If Sanji can kick Bege while the entire crew was inside him, the damage can be very brutal.

Soul Stealer vs Soul King, i wonder what Big Mom do about Brook anyway
Old 2016-12-08, 11:39   Link #10
Gilly

I've read somewhere that this arc is already halfway done. Kinda hard to believe... but the way things are moving, I can't see it being as long as, say, Dressrosa.

Pedro's confrontation with Tamago reminds me of Brook vs. Ryuma. Won't be surprised if he joins the crew, especially if Big Mom goes down and he regains his stolen lifespan.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 11:45   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Some pics are out. Beat up Reiju is confirmed, after all.... Seems the popular consensus regarding that is that she was attacked by Capone's gang. Guess that would make sense, what with all the theories about the supernova potentially staging a mutiny against Big Mom. He'd have to be damned confident to pull that off, though.... I mean, can the army in his body really be compared to the combined might of Big Mom/Germa's armies?
It it's Capone, then his plan is to cause Germa and Big Mom's family to fight and take out whoever is left standing.

That would be benefit our heroes a lot.
Old 2016-12-08, 12:41   Link #12
P_Dezz

I wonder who's actually coming to that tea party? I'm really hoping Lucci comes in as some undercover character and Sanji/Luffy recognize him, causing even further turmoil.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 15:03   Link #13
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
Pudding's surprise attack on Reiju!
Ridiculous as it is, this was my first thought
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 16:26   Link #14
Blaat

Capone was my first thought, Pudding was my "ridiculous back up theory" in case it's not Capone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
I've read somewhere that this arc is already halfway done. Kinda hard to believe... but the way things are moving, I can't see it being as long as, say, Dressrosa.
I feel like this is the first chapter where the situation doesn't feel hopeless for the SH, with bropper/chobro successfully beating Brulee and now having, pretty much, free access to the castle through the mirror world. Because of that this being the half way through the arc doesn't feel far-fetched.
Old 2016-12-08, 16:51   Link #15
noktown

I also think Pudding looks too innocent, I don't buy that.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 17:15   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by homohominilupus View Post
Damn,such an awesome chapter,but of course there is no chapter next week heh

FYI, it's the magazine that goes on holiday break next week, not just Oda.... that's usually case around this time of year. Another holiday break will come along in a couple of weeks. But on the plus side, that tends to mean that Santa delivers us the gift of early spoilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It it's Capone, then his plan is to cause Germa and Big Mom's family to fight and take out whoever is left standing.

That would be benefit our heroes a lot.
Well, even if that is the case, I believe our mafioso friend is working more for his own benefits over Luffy and co.'s, heh. Though now if I'm wondering if Germa's forces are powerful enough to weaken Big Mom's. They may have pride in their technology, but still....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Pedro's confrontation with Tamago reminds me of Brook vs. Ryuma. Won't be surprised if he joins the crew, especially if Big Mom goes down and he regains his stolen lifespan.
Eh, Pedro doesn't really strike me as Straw-Hat material, honestly. He's not really.... distinctive enough, I'd say (he's basically like a jaguar version of Lucci's zoan form). Carrot shows way more potential, but honestly, I'm not entirely confident about her chances, either....
Old 2016-12-08, 18:40   Link #17
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I also think Pudding looks too innocent, I don't buy that.
Pudding is the girl with the 3rd eye right? That's gotta come into play somehow. I do think Capone is more likely for the Reiju attack at this point though. But I also don't yet buy Pudding being so sweet and innocent quite yet.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-08, 19:40   Link #18
Tuor

One thing's for sure: Big Mom can't just age Brooke to death, so that's one part of her arsenal that she can't use.
Tuor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 01:18   Link #19
The Small One

It would be a nice twist, if Brooke actually managed to defeat Big Mom.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-09, 03:04   Link #20
Ramero

^Or Big Mom opens Tamatebako when Brook intend to open it