AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 17:14   Link #1761
ellessarr
Banned

poor yuuta whe he finally find a "normal" girl she turned to be aother wird girl with even worst problem than others she is a 2 face ppl(good girl in front of everyone but a bitch behind scenes when alone with the right ppls) all he hopes are falling, he sky is falling miserable now on next episode us gona see how this gona mess with him, see he dreams of a perfect normal life gona disappear
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 17:38   Link #1762
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
I'm only happy that OP got toned down, it nearly gave me headaches. It still is one of the worst ops I've ever seen but now at least it's bearable.
The OP from the lite show is so much better, but doesn't fit the mood the show though. I didn't noticed the the OP changed.

Well what a great episode, that just blew me away.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 17:57   Link #1763
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I don't really see her as all that bad. she's a normal girl who normaly hides a negative side to her personality. It makes her seem more human. Every one in the entire world has negative personality traits that they hide from others. Both sides can be considered the real her but I'd be willing to bet that the kinda mean streak is more like she was during her Chuuni faze.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 17:59   Link #1764
ChronoReverse

Yeah, the little bit we've seen of her chuuni personality makes her out to be rather arrogant. So her mean personality mode is more like her normal mode while her sugar persona is the face.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 18:18   Link #1765
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

When I realized that Dekomori was tying the ribbon to her arm, I nearly fell off the couch. Seriously, every time I decide that she's just the worst girl ever, she does something that completely wins me back.

Yuuta seemed to enjoy reading the incriminating book aloud just a little too much.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 18:19   Link #1766
thelok

They put a reference to slayers with the "Dragon Slave" attack =)

http://kanzaka.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Slave
thelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 18:38   Link #1767
Peanutbutter

I'm really glad they amended the OP. It's really more bearable watching it.

And Shinka's chunni is revealed. Though I'm surprised by her "Ami-turn".

So, this story takes elements from all the successful LNs and 4-komas eh?
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 19:32   Link #1768
Aquifina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
As a side note, there's still no explanation as to why Shinka seemed to particularly like Yuuta from the very beginning. She remembered their encounter the first day at the station, and then she waved her hand at him when she was trying for the cheerleeders, while at the same time ignoring all the other male classmates.
She didn't know about Yuuta's past, and she had no reason to think he was connected to Dekomori in any way.
Even then it's quite a roundabout way to befriend him to get to Dekomori. Why not directly her, or Rikka?
I think you've remembered an important point. In the same way Shinka is shown to be not the perfect girl Yuuta imagined early on, I think we'll later see her character shown in a more positive light (she looks pretty unlikeable, if hilarious, right after this episode). I'm thankful this looks to be NOT a harem series, but I wouldn't be surprised if we later see Shinka regretting how harsh she's been on Yuuta in this episode, and a little envious of his relationship with Rikka.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 19:38   Link #1769
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Mob characters in chu2koi.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And a review of how everyone in Oriental Magic Napping Society of Summer addresses each other so far:

Images
Spoilers up to Lite Episode 5
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 19:44   Link #1770
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Kumin looks so adorable in that chart. :3

Sanae looks high as shit.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 19:47   Link #1771
flack

Over-reaction everywhere in this anime. I like it.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 19:49   Link #1772
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Are all the "mob" characters girls?!

I'm moving to that school.

Cheers!

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 20:08   Link #1773
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Episode 4 staff comments!
Director/Storyboarder: Eisaku Kawanami:
Quote:
So then, this was the fourth episode of Chuunibyou. I'm Kawanami and I was in charge of directing this episode.

This story featured Nibutani and all the various expressions she showed. I pondered, contemplated, and then tried my best to think of ways so that people wouldn't hate her. The female staff also didn't want her to spoil the fun, so they drew her with a lot of love. And so that's how the fourth episode was sculpted (?).

Of course Yuuta, Rikka, and Dekomori were also cute in their various ways this episode. Yuuta was really cute! It may have been due to his chuunibyou, but his dazed look was quite lovely.

We tried to finish this episode like it was a manga since the story was similar to one you'd see in one. Definitely watch this episode, enjoy it, and disappear within the flames of darkness (○´∀`○)!
In-Between Animation Checker: Motoki Matsumura:
Quote:
This is Matsumra, the person in charge of examining the in-between animation.

This was the first of the Chuunibyou episodes I checked. I have a lot of memories of checking over Dekomori's hair. That Mjölnir hammer is terrifying.

And finally....Nibutani's secret is out! That quick change of character for her is so cute ^^. I really like the relationship she and Dekomori have. They make such a great pair! I hope there's a lot more chuunibyou that will come after this episode!
Photographer Akihiro Ura:
Quote:
This is Ura who was tasked with photographing episode four.

Nibutani played a big role in episode 4's story. The secret that the cool Nibutani, who Yuuta was attracted to, was finally revealed. This episode was definitely loaded with various actions and moves from Nibutani.

Again, we photographers put a large amount of spirit in this episode's action scenes. There was a lot of effort put in so the CG and special effects would make the episode look really cool.

This chuunibyou fourth episode was loaded with love and action. We definitely hope you enjoy it.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 20:39   Link #1774
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Images
I'm not sure if I should be more surprised about Kyoani establishing a precise character design for each classmate, or about the fanbase maniacally identifying them and attaching distinctive nicknames.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 20:42   Link #1775
Forsaken_Infinity

Don't like the toned down opening. What the heck that's just so boring and wussy.
Old 2012-10-25, 20:43   Link #1776
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh man. That was hilarious. I didn't expect Nibutani to have the syndrome, probably should have, but didn't. It was a nice twist. And going from sweet to mean, that was awesome. God I am loving this series.
Old 2012-10-25, 20:56   Link #1777
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Don't like the toned down opening. What the heck that's just so boring and wussy.
Looks like we got ourselves a badass here.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 20:56   Link #1778
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Great episode. Shinka's not terribly bright, though, is she? If she wanted to keep her past a secret, she would have succeeded had she just kept her mouth shut... Yuuta didn't make the connection until she basically spelled it out for him, and Sanae didn't even believe her.
Eventually someone will make a connection. It's so obvious. Beside, you saw how she reacted when she's made to remember her past. For a girl who's trying her best to keep her image looks good in front of other, looked down on Yuuta as soon as he told her about his chuuni shows how much disgust she has for her old self.

The only difference I'm seeing here is Yuuta doesn't want to say anything toward them as long as it doesn't involve him, while Shinka doesn't afraid saying what's in her mind.
Old 2012-10-25, 21:05   Link #1779
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Yuuta didn't think that Shinka was disgusting or lame for her chuunibyou past. Rather he understands her situation clearly so he isn't judgemental at all.

This is why he thought it was safe to tell her about his past, he thought that she would react the same way that he did. He probably imagined that that would get them closer as two people being afflicted by the same problem. Instead he was mercilessly told that he was lame by the girl he likes, Yuuta's "eeeeeeeh?!" was simply awesome there.

Overal I think we can safely state that Shinka is a lot more bothered by her past than Yuuta is. She is trying to destroy everything of what she wrote and did in her chuuni days, while Yuuta at the start was fine simply by getting rid of that, and later he even decided to keep his stuff.

He can read the stuff he wrote without having a seizure, and he even used his note to his advantage. Shinka can't even listen to someone else reciting her lines.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 21:23   Link #1780
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post

Images

And a review of how everyone in Oriental Magic Napping Society of Summer addresses each other so far:

Images
Spoilers up to Lite Episode 5
Lol, Kumin noticeably doesn't have entries for half the cast. Deko-chan is funny though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Episode 4 staff comments!
Director/Storyboarder: Eisaku Kawanami:
In-Between Animation Checker: Motoki Matsumura:
Photographer Akihiro Ura:
I think they did a good job making Nibutani less hateable than she might have been. I actually like her character more than before. Yuuta definitely was cute this episode .
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chuunibyou, drama, romance, romantic comedy, school, seinen