Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2010-11-05, 03:05   Link #121
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiel View Post
You got a recording set? Excellent I can't wait to hear your prowess with a guitar. I promise I will record my Erhu playing, when I get that string @_@... Did you know it is has a layer of dust on it already *gasp*
o.o A layer of dust already? ...(I am not fond of dust)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I shall start recording as soon as I have planned and set up everything~
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 03:38   Link #122
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I'm not fond of dust either. Apparently it got thrown out. As you might know Erhu's are very light so my roommate's mother mistook it as garbage. I spent a bit of energy trying to find it, but it is not something I can do in my health. So I am not sure how I might play Erhu in Canada =_=;;

I can hardly wait either, I have been waiting for his recordings since the first day we met :3
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 16:19   Link #123
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:

Also, update! I just archived more sayings between Sofiel and I, we're up to 80 sayings now!:O
80 sayings! Gonna be a handful for me to read them all
Old 2010-11-05, 16:39   Link #124
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Awwh Hooves~ It is supposed to be inspiring or uplifting. I hope that it's not too daunting~
Old 2010-11-05, 16:45   Link #125
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiel View Post
Awwh Hooves~ It is supposed to be inspiring or uplifting. I hope that it's not too daunting~
Well its not daunting at all, more like uplifting to get to read more inspiring quotes coming from you two

Quote:
Sofiel: Do not let the poisons of the world effect you. If you do that than anyone has control over your happiness. Wouldn't it be best if you had control?
I like this one, I believe it talks about when people try to control what actions you do, trying to control you like a puppet. But its better if you were able to make your own choices in life?
Old 2010-11-05, 17:34   Link #126
Yuno
Balanced Diet

I'm so glad it's not daunting, I sometimes worry that I speak too airy in words. In person I am a little bit more absent minded and ditzy haha.

Ah, that one is a favourite of mine as well. Since people's words are much like poison if they aren't careful. Poison can stay in your system for a long time and persist when you thought it was gone. A persons words like poison can linger and slowly wither a person. So it's best to not let them do so and simply deny them control over their happiness. People can only see what is in themselves reflected onto the world. So even if they view you it will be from their perception which is ultimately wrong.
Old 2010-11-05, 19:20   Link #127
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Ugh, so I tried setting up and recording today - turns out the guy at my music store didn't know too much about proper recording.

All I have is the recording microphone and a cable that makes it recognizable on the computer. Needless to say, the sound quality was beyond horrible.

So now I need to go back, buy a mic stand to position it correctly to the amp, as well as a proper interface so the computer actually picks up the sound.

Sorry for the delay, everyone DX
Old 2010-11-07, 22:05   Link #128
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

No problem for me PM-sama, still waiting for the concerto (popcorn are always preserved and ready to eat as soon as you started it here)
Shiro
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 19:30   Link #129
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
No problem for me PM-sama, still waiting for the concerto (popcorn are always preserved and ready to eat as soon as you started it here)
I have 3 popcorn bags ready to be opened for the concert here also a large cup of water
Old 2010-11-09, 03:49   Link #130
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Fantastic news. Telling a short story here~

Went to the big music store today to find an interface to start recording. Found a really good one for cheap. Also bought a proper mic stand.

At the music store, they told me to come back for a piano concerto later on. I went back and enjoyed an awesome mix of classical and modern music. (One guy played so many parts on one organ that it literally sounded like an entire orchestra, while the other guy literally played 2 keyboards, a foot pedal keyboard, a theremin effect by waving his fingers, and a choir effect by using his voice...all at once.)

The best part(s)? I can start recording tomorrow (hopefully I can figure out this interface thing!), and even better...I seriously got picked out of 213 people in a draw, and won a $1400 Roland GW-8 Workstation Keyboard!

All super excitement behind, I haven't forgotten you all! I'll start recording really soon, stay seated for the show~

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-01-06 at 07:22.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 18:59   Link #131
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

*Prepares a comfortable pillow on his seat, and gets read to open the popcorn bags* Go Papermario!
Old 2010-11-10, 00:20   Link #132
Rhythm

What!?!? You won a Roland GW-8 Workstation Keyboard?!! Nice, congrats dude. That's one beast of a keyboard to win, time to unleash your inner Mugi?

And yes, just as they say, we're ready with popcorn. :P
Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 22:08   Link #133
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

I have some drinks here... will share with others as we prepare for the coming concerto...

and you're one heck of a lucky guy
Shiro
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Patchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 17:36   Link #134
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Whoa! What a lucky guy you are to win such a thing! I must google the keyboard to see what it looks like. Though I heard Roland is an amazing brand. You're so lucky to witness what you did, I would enjoy to see someone play like that~ I look forward to your recordings when you get them. Thank you for taking the time to do this for us~
Old 2010-11-15, 19:56   Link #135
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Thanks to everyone for your comments!

Sorry for not making any updates for a while, I've been very busy. I FINALLY got the microphone working, so I'll try recording something this week~

Also, to tide you all over and to thank you for waiting patiently, I updated Channel Otaku's graphics on the first post! Special thanks to the Channel Otaku graphics team for making these, and I can give noticeable thanks to Rhythm because he's on these forums as well~
Old 2010-11-16, 01:49   Link #136
Rhythm

Awesome you got it working.

Naw, you don't have to thank me dude. Easy as pie.
Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 17:35   Link #137
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Thanks to everyone for your comments!

Sorry for not making any updates for a while, I've been very busy. I FINALLY got the microphone working, so I'll try recording something this week~
Goody! The show is about to start
Old 2010-11-18, 19:52   Link #138
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Small update:

Here's why I can only record at certain times^^ My mother requires decent silence when she's home, so I can only record when she goes out somewhere. She was only temporarily gone today, so I recorded about half of my first cover^^ The rest will hopefully be finished very soon

Also, this problem will not occur once I move out, which will have to be soon anyways~

Thanks for waiting
Old 2010-11-19, 19:25   Link #139
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Small update:

Here's why I can only record at certain times^^ My mother requires decent silence when she's home, so I can only record when she goes out somewhere. She was only temporarily gone today, so I recorded about half of my first cover^^ The rest will hopefully be finished very soon

Also, this problem will not occur once I move out, which will have to be soon anyways~

Thanks for waiting
*running out of popcorn* Oh I need to go to the store, well since you still have to finish the other half of your first cover, I think I have enough time
Old 2010-11-26, 22:53   Link #140
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Everyone still here? Good~

I finally had the house to myself today and quickly finished two covers! Few things to note here:

1. Anytime the pitch goes flat/sharp, my guitar patch cord hit the mic stand and moved the recording mic off center.

2. Mutes that screech are caused by a high level of gain from my Fender Mustang amp. I wish I could turn it down, but then I lose that electric guitar sound^^

And that's it^^ Everything else that is bad - the simplest of simple solos, occasional wrong notes, and other odd noises; those I take full responsibility for

Tags
blog, chroma, hiroi sekai, photoshop