AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-14, 22:21   Link #341
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The headmaster have a book that can summon various legendary overpowered automatons, however he can only have one out at a time.

As far as control, Frey atm controls the most # of automatons since she can now use the entire pack.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 22:21   Link #342
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Magnus controls an entire squadron of automatons. He is the strongest one out there yet. Raishin (who at this point is the strongest out of all the Night Party candidates so far) is still nowhere near Magnus' level.
That's totally insane! I wonder how he controls that many automatons.

In my opinion, rather than having multiple automatons, it's best to focus his efforts to train just one automaton to its fullest strength, just like Raishin.
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 22:23   Link #343
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
That's totally insane! I wonder how he controls that many automatons.

In my opinion, rather than having multiple automatons, it's best to focus his efforts to train just one automaton to its fullest strength, just like Raishin.
That's the thing. Magnus can multitask and use them all at their relatively peak strengths while doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
The headmaster have a book that can summon various legendary overpowered automatons, however he can only have one out at a time.

As far as control, Frey atm controls the most # of automatons since she can now use the entire pack.
Volume 8 still had me surprised at Frey's growth as a magician; too bad she had to lose 'cause of stupid technicalities.
Old 2012-09-14, 22:47   Link #344
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Automatons have their weaknesses. As I pointed out in an earlier post, Yaya's powerful physical strengthening is very weak compared to some other magic circuits (mainly deadly magical attacks, or equally strong physical strengthening abilities).

Which is why I support Raishin getting all three sisters. Komurasaki, while having close to no offensive abilities, suits Raishin's tactical mind very well. Irori can provide additional magical offenses and defenses (areas where Yaya is weak at).

Maybe Shoko did create all three sisters with the intention that they become exponentially powerful if used all together.

Beside, I like Irori - I am sure she can take care of Raishin a lot better than Yaya outside of combat .

Charlotte can be the waifu while Irori serves as the maid .

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2012-09-14 at 23:24. Reason: typo
Old 2012-09-14, 22:51   Link #345
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Automatons have their weaknesses. As I pointed out in an earlier post, Yaya's powerful physical strengthening is very weak compared to some other magic circuits (mainly deadly magical attacks, or equally strong physical strengthening abilities).

Which is why I suppose Raishin getting all three sisters. Komurasaki, while having close to no offensive abilities, suits Raishin's tactical mind very well. Irori can provide additional magical offenses and defenses (areas where Yaya is weak at).

Maybe Shoko did create all three sisters with the intention that they become exponentially powerful if used all together.

Beside, I like Irori - I am sure she can take care of Raishin a lot better than Yaya outside of combat .

I'm almost certain that Setsugekka is most likely meant to be used with all three in tandem; Irori, Yaya and Komurasaki. Their complementary abilities might be the edge against Magnus' squadron, who all stand out on their own.
Old 2012-09-14, 22:55   Link #346
Reek of Blood
Banned

Quote:

Which is why I suppose Raishin getting all three sisters. Komurasaki, while having close to no offensive abilities, suits Raishin's tactical mind very well. Irori can provide additional magical offenses and defenses (areas where Yaya is weak at).

So, that means since the beginning, Shoko created all three sisters to become Raishin harem? Kakaka, that's interesting.

BTW, character development in this series seems rather weak. Each heroine only get one volume, conflict in one volume, finishes in one volume, and falls for Raishin also in one volume. And in next volume, we got new heroine with same pattern. It's rather forced.
Old 2012-09-14, 22:57   Link #347
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
So, that means since the beginning, Shoko created all three sisters to become Raishin harem? Kakaka, that's interesting.

BTW, character development in this series seems rather weak. Each heroine only get one volume, conflict in one volume, finishes in one volume, and falls for Raishin also in one volume. And in next volume, we got new heroine with same pattern. It's rather forced.
That's one of my biggest complaints against Unbreakable Machine Doll. The "new heroine/threat every new volume" not only drains precious character development time for the already existing cast, but also resets affection levels with every new volume.

After Volume 8, I just gave up on it.
Old 2012-09-14, 23:12   Link #348
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
I'm almost certain that Setsugekka is most likely meant to be used with all three in tandem; Irori, Yaya and Komurasaki. Their complementary abilities might be the edge against Magnus' squadron, who all stand out on their own.
and on bed too, they can become fearsome tandem

Erhjegel@ bear with it for a bit the author is human too u know
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 23:23   Link #349
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Yeah, I dislike that part of the novel as well. Henriette has maybe like 3 scenes all together after her volume. Even Frey has been shelfed for the most part: her participation in the night party is what kept her in the story. Ionela is away from the academy and Raishin's master is taking on an instructor role.

Yaya for the most part stayed the same. Her development came from exploring her past. I guess she also found a place for herself through her conversations with Sigmund and also during the time she gets "kidnapped" by Alice.
Charlotte got a fair share of character development. The novel explores her family and various facets of her character.
Alice probably comes third because of all the interaction she has with Raishin (being the main antagonist of a volume and both anta and protagonist of another). She too is away from the academy for now but it is very likely we will see more of her. Given her manipulative and intelligent character, she might become a real threat to Charlotte/Yaya/Hinowa.

I wouldn't give up on the novel that soon. The plot involving the prince is progressing at a pretty quick pace and I am sure we will see a lot more conflicts among the various factions.

Hinowa's introduction is inevitable as it has been hinted since vol1 (and the author also said in the end note that she should have been introduced earlier). I believe she would be the last of the harem to be introduced. Future volumes (such as upcoming vol9) would likely focus on existing characters.

I believe Raishin himself can use greater character development. There were subtle ones such as his trip to D works, and his trip away from school may have laid the foundations for when he becomes something "greater than himself". (Say, when the day comes for him to "decide upon the fate of the world" - all his past experiences and interactions with others will play a major role. We have people such as the prince that sees automatons as nothing other than tools of conquest, and we also have people such as Ionela who treats her automaton as her own daughter)

While the novel might not be that great if you are just looking for a harem, I believe all the characters are still necessary to the overall series.

If there is something that can be cut, it would be Henriette's volume. Although that volume too is important as it revealed a lot about the various factions and the secrets of the academy.

//

Conflicts between volumes do not exactly just "end". A lot of them lay down the groundworks for something a lot more. All of Alice's interactions reveal a lot about the world as well as her father's (the headmaster's) ambitions as well as the politics among nations. Ionela was introduced at the same time as the black prince - whose story has just began. He isn't just your typical villain either: his existence might just be the result of Britian's weakness (his father/king's lack of real powers/his inability, maybe? If the King is that competent: will the Below family fall from grace so easily because a dog attacked the prince? There must be a lot more to what happened) and highlights the sensitive relation between nations.

The "immediate" threat might be over but everything adds to the overlooming shadow that is now starting to shade the sun.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2012-09-14 at 23:36.
Old 2012-09-14, 23:39   Link #350
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Yeah, I dislike that part of the novel as well. Henriette has maybe like 3 scenes all together after her volume. Even Frey has been shelfed for the most part: her participation in the night party is what kept her in the story. Ionela is away from the academy and Raishin's master is taking on an instructor role.

Yaya for the most part stayed the same. Her development came from exploring her past. I guess she also found a place for herself through her conversations with Sigmund and also during the time she gets "kidnapped" by Alice.
Charlotte got a fair share of character development. The novel explores her family and various facets of her character.
Alice probably comes third because of all the interaction she has with Raishin (being the main antagonist of a volume and both anta and protagonist of another). She too is away from the academy for now but it is very likely we will see more of her. Given her manipulative and intelligent character, she might become a real threat to Charlotte/Yaya/Hinowa.

I wouldn't give up on the novel that soon. The plot involving the prince is progressing at a pretty quick pace and I am sure we will see a lot more conflicts among the various factions.

Hinowa's introduction is inevitable as it has been hinted since vol1 (and the author also said in the end note that she should have been introduced earlier). I believe she would be the last of the harem to be introduced. Future volumes (such as upcoming vol9) would likely focus on existing characters.

I believe Raishin himself can use greater character development. There were subtle ones such as his trip to D works, and his trip away from school may have laid the foundations for when he becomes something "greater than himself". (Say, when the day comes for him to "decide upon the fate of the world" - all his past experiences and interactions with others will play a major role. We have people such as the prince that sees automatons as nothing other than tools of conquest, and we also have people such as Ionela who treats her automaton as her own daughter)

While the novel might not be that great if you are just looking for a harem, I believe all the characters are still necessary to the overall series.

If there is something that can be cut, it would be Henriette's volume. Although that volume too is important as it revealed a lot about the various factions and the secrets of the academy.

//

Conflicts between volumes do not exactly just "end". A lot of them lay down the groundworks for something a lot more. All of Alice's interactions reveal a lot about the world as well as her father's (the headmaster's) ambitions as well as the politics among nations. Ionela was introduced at the same time as the black prince - whose story has just began. He isn't just your typical villain either: his existence might just be the result of Britian's weakness (his father/king's lack of real powers/his inability, maybe? If the King is that competent: will the Below family fall from grace so easily because a dog attacked the prince? There must be a lot more to what happened) and highlights the sensitive relation between nations.

The "immediate" threat might be over but everything adds to the overlooming shadow that is now starting to shade the sun.
soooooo looooooonggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice one buddy
Old 2012-09-14, 23:43   Link #351
Reek of Blood
Banned

Spoiler:

Last edited by Reek of Blood; 2012-09-15 at 02:11.
Old 2012-09-14, 23:49   Link #352
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Yeah, but the most troublesome thing is "Who is the main enemy/big boss"? Seems like the author loves to play Game "Who's my allies/enemies" in this series, and everyone could become enemy when situation arises.
that what make series like this more interesting, honestly if some stories contained only battle, battle, and battle[like some manga that i didn't want to say it's name] without romance or some pshycological war that stories is doomed
Old 2012-09-15, 00:10   Link #353
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Yeah, but the most troublesome thing is "Who is the main enemy/big boss"? Seems like the author loves to play Game "Who's my allies/enemies" in this series, and everyone could become enemy when situation arises.
That is what makes the novel interesting though. Just like in the real world, every man for himself. Raishin and friends know they will eventually become enemies and battle each other out in the night party - yet if they hide anything from each other they would have been wiped out already. (1)

There may eventually be this one "really bad guy", but I do not think now is the right time for someone like that to appear (it might be the head of the magician association, I am just guessing - there is a lot of fishy stuff going on over there as well. Kimberley's sixth sense also noticed a lot of "coincidences".).

A part of survival is to make use of the enemies of your enemy, even if they are not your friends. If one faction becomes too ambitious, it might be challenged by the other world powers combined. A bit of this and that are revealed every volume.

One very beautiful "fight" is during the summer holidays when Raishin had to fight another Wiseman, someone who is "supposed" to be guarding the royal palace. He "won" via blackmailing (since if the wiseman unleashed his full powers to destroy the entire town then he cannot claim that there is a fake away from the capital).

In a war over ideals there may be no absolute right or wrong. Acceptance and co-existence is very important in our world.

(1) With Raishin and friends. Their end goals are not in conflict of each other. If the day does come when they have to fight each other, I believe they will trust each other (esp Raishin) that the winner would do their best to help them achieve their goals. In fact someone such as Shoko might already be able to do a lot for Loki and Frey.

Ofc, Raishin himself really doesn't care about being the Wiseman, he just want revenge - but even that may change over time as he care more and more about the people around him.

If the vol 9 descriptions are correct: with the loss of Sigmund Charlotte would most likely face a great emotional crisis (remember how her family was shattered and for a long time Sigmund was her only support). Add in the appearance of her father into the mix, she may feel extremely helpless and useless. Raishin may be given an opportunity to save her father ("my daughter may be incompetent but please take good care of her in my place while I am away!"). This will be the second step in helping Charlotte obtain what she wanted out of the tournament (the first being the rescue of Henriette).

//Edit:
Now that I think more about it: if Raishin and friends loses the night party it may not mean much afterall.
- Raishin can still challenge Marcus away from the academy. It might even be better if SasukeRaishin can "kill" Itachi Marcus
- Given how the plot is unfolding, there may be other ways for Raishin and co to unite the Below family.
- As I stated, there may be other people who can help out the twins.
- Hinowa only cares about Raishin. If Raishin is more of a man, he can probably win their duel by just telling her to forfeit after giving her a kiss in the lips.

There are certain reasons to keep Raishin in the tournament though. Asura (the other of the night party faction) has his own agenda and I believe it should be explored even further. Remember that Asura comes from India (and lived in poverty in one of the lower caste), India was also under British rule during the story's timeframe.

On the "worldly"/diplomatic side of things, so far Raishin has been under the protection of Shoko and Kimberley. However I believe his hidden ally might lie in Alice: someone who is capable of grasping the bigger picture and plan things many steps ahead of time. (Raishin is more capable of winning battles while someone like Alice can win the war)
Raishin to Alice: "If I accidentally married you, I would not let you sleep every night!"

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2012-09-15 at 00:25.
Old 2012-09-15, 00:16   Link #354
Reek of Blood
Banned

Quote:
Those who need a quick fix can check out 星刻の竜騎士 (Seikoku no Dragonar). It is supposed to be inspired by KSK. Haven't read it myself yet.
That's quite right. Especially Char (In KSK) and Princess (In SnD) are quite similar.

And their similarities are:
1.Very similar character design
1.One of the top students in the special school (Dragon school/Puppet school)
2.Arrogant "I am better than you" attitude leads to bad at making friends
3.Controls one of the strongest dragon familiars (Sigmund and Lancelot) in the school
4.Likes the main character that helped her
5.The main character makes no qualms about lecturing her
6.Main character's partner is not human and is the love rival (Yaya and Eiko)
7.Tsundere (I'm not sure about this, since Char become less 'tsun' and more 'dere-dere' in recent volumes)

Also, in the end of LN (I forgot which volume) the Author of SnD actually thanked the author of KsK for inspiring him
Old 2012-09-15, 01:04   Link #355
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Hold on to your hats, folks, and grab some popcorn or two. This might be a bit long.

Spoiler for Brace yourselves.:

Note, however, that I am in no way saying that this series is finished, or that it is horrible, or whatever completely negative misconstruction might arise from my statements. They're just opinionated criticisms, that's it; no need to dig deeper.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-15 at 02:01.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 01:58   Link #356
Reek of Blood
Banned

@Erhjegel and Flying Dagger, please use spoiler tag.

Also, you're spoiling too much. I'm afraid many more people will coming here and bugging you by asking more spoiler/summaries. Another can of worms must be avoided at all cost.
Old 2012-09-15, 02:02   Link #357
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
@Erhjegel and Flying Dagger, please use spoiler tag.

Also, you're spoiling too much. I'm afraid many more people will coming here and bugging you by asking more spoiler/summaries. Another can of worms must be avoided at all cost.
Mmm. You've got a point. Done!
Old 2012-09-15, 02:10   Link #358
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:

And that's bad how? If they don't mind answering questions I don't see how that's an issue? Considering how long it will take the manga to catch up to the LN or itself getting translated I see them as a blessing. If the questions and answers stay within spoiler tags there shouldn't be a problem right...?
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 02:12   Link #359
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
And that's bad how? If they don't mind answering questions I don't see how that's an issue? Considering how long it will take the manga to catch up to the LN or itself getting translated I see them as a blessing. If the questions and answers stay within spoiler tags there shouldn't be a problem...
I think that by can of worms he meant baseless speculations that can end up derailing discussions, usually resulting from context-less spoilers. Definitely no malice there.
Old 2012-09-15, 02:27   Link #360
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler for worm protector:

I calculated in an earlier post that at the current rate, the manga will never catch up to the LN. The LN comes out roughly every 4 months, while there is no way the monthly manga can cover a volume in that time. Let's hope the LN author does not go on a hiatus. (I waited forever for the last volume of Full Metal Panic - and is still waiting for KyoAni to wrap up the series: seeing FMP's author on the Hyouka project gave me false hopes. *goes check Iris Zero manga status and end up disappointed again*).

Through a lot of my posts, if all stapled together, forms the skeleton of a summery of what happened in various volumes. I would probably have done more sophisticated summaries if I knew there is such a demand and if there wasn't a major backlog of LNs to finish.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2012-09-15 at 02:38.

Tags
automatons, edwardian era, fantasy, harem, kikou shoujo, machine doll, shounen