Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-01, 16:48   Link #861
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Gitra and that girl. That love story is enough. I dont like long draggy love stories. Not for this anime. Zed, hes a kick ass shounen.

Its the best Raving anime ive seen. Lots and lots of screams,roars and shouts. Zeds,Deucem and Hugh put up great fights and best shouts. Its been a while since i heard a good rave, hearing voices like Shin Asuka's scream made me deaf and irritated.
Is that really a love story between gitra and that girl? The girl fell in love with Noa while gitra just wish for her freedom. Not much love there. Yea I wasn't expecting a long love story either I just thought there wasn't really any or just seems fake.

Most of the fights seems to be over in a couple of seconds just like the ending battle between Zedd and noa.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 20:49   Link #862
Warrior00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
If it "totally suxs" then why would you bother watching it (presumably to the end?)?

lol thats what I say to ppl that whine about bad fansubs.

Well it kept dragging on and I kept thinking that it might get better. By the time I realize it Ive already watched a lot of it already so I might as well finish the series.

You ever watched scryed? For some reason this anime feels like a bad version of that.
what you just said made abosolutely NO SENSE AT ALL. Then again you sound as though you were watching the anime but none of what you saw really processed in the head because you were so bent up on how you dont like the anime.
Warrior00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 06:26   Link #863
Neobody

That Ended Kiba. An Interesting Anime Indeed, with a great Plot. The ending is abit rushing. Its kinda Common - A Happy Ending eh
Neobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 22:28   Link #864
SailorMoon4ever

So this ends another great anime ..I will miss this series.
SailorMoon4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 22:49   Link #865
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Don't know why so many people were bothered with the ending, or expecting an OVA.

All important questions have been answered. Really the only strange part was Noa in a wheelchair, but I have a feeling Tasker's influence on him had long term negative effects.

Zed merging with AG was cool. Gives him the strength he needs, and the freedom of the wind.

Was very satisfied with this ending. I'd rate the series a 7.5-8. Started off not liking Zed at all. Took about 20 episodes to really warm-up to him, but he turned out okay.
Old 2007-04-18, 05:02   Link #866
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

While it might be a bit soon, AnimeSuki has marked this series as licensed, based on the fact that Kiba appears on the video schedule of Anime Boston 2007. If this news proves to be incorrect, we'll correct the error.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 21:52   Link #867
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

its listed as subbed, not dubbed though, and i cant find anything saying its licensed. That said, this is one series i'd gladdly hand of my hard earnd cash to own. But only when they release the complete boxset, hate buying stupid individual DVD's with a few eps on them. Gotta love the perfect editions, all 26 eps on 3 DVD's for £19

Maaaan i so wish i could go to that event, looks awsome, kindsa makes me want to emigrate to america. You guys get all the good anime events. We brits are lucky if we get one or two a decade >.<
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 16:29   Link #868
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
It seems that multiple companies might be involved in this license

From AnimeonDVD:

Quote:
UpperDeck Tackling Kiba (10:17 AM EDT): A bit of information has surfaced over the weekend after the screening of Kiba at Anime Boston. The show has UpperDeck as the master licensor of the series as it appears to be a coproduction of sorts with Japan. Based on the trading card game, it's a natural fit. Some reports indicate that the series will be handled in its eventual distribution on home vidio via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Aniplex (which has a US arm as well) is also involved in this though the details still aren't clear. The general vibe right now is that nothing is to be expected until the TV broadcast details are figured out and that the show is likely to not come through a "traditional" distributor.
At least they are ptching it for television. I hope it's Toonami. The show is a perfect fit for it.
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 08:22   Link #869
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

As no confirmed TV or DVD deal has been announced at or after Anime Boston 2007, AnimeSuki will consider UpperDeck as a "master licensor" and not a "licensee". Or in other words: we'll consider Kiba unlicensed until a TV deal or DVD release is confirmed.

UpperDeck is a company that owns no TV channel nor does any DVD distribution (well, as far as I know at least), so a license by them does not really mean much for anime fans.

Note that this does mean it's very likely Kiba will get a TV deal soon and will be licensed soon. On the other hand, if no TV station wants it, it's likely UpperDeck will get rid of the license again.

And I again apologize for any confusion, though the licensing did turn out to be sort of "half true"
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 11:49   Link #870
kauldron26
Med Student

wow, i just discovered this anime, and i have marathoned thru eps 13.this once again proves the theory that u should never judge a book by its cover. damn, it is good. more importantly i love the fact idealistic characters gets their asses handed to them by life, and that the creators have the balls to kill of major characters. i dont know why but i am reminded of a song of ice and fire novels. im so happy i discovered this anime. it would be a 9 out of 10, if there was more blood to go with the violence.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 21:24   Link #871
angeloflight85

finally watched the whole show in two days my eyes hurt. but i think it was a great show with a well thought out plot i didnt find it boring once which is rare for me. but i think all questions have been answered they explained earlier that Noa was getting better because of the spirit which he no longer has hence the regression of his body. and zed now has the power he seeks and the freedom he was longing for the only question i have is who was giving elmeida orders and sitting on the jimoto throne in the end of episode 51.
angeloflight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 22:34   Link #872
gencbiba

For anyone interested... The VA of Zed is also the VA for Sumimura in Kekkaishi. He also does VA for one character from Skull Man. Anyways, just wanted to point out for people who like his Zed character. He seems to like those type of characters.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 07:11   Link #873
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Just finished the series...I'd give it a 7.5 overall. The high point for me was the OST. While there were only 6-7 main tracks, all of them were superb. Definitely the story went several notches above the average shonen show, but the action scenes weren't quite up to par. Also, I felt that a couple of the arcs between eps 10 and 30 felt a bit drawn out. In the end, though, the characters were quite likeable and the story had a good number of twists- even if it did seem to telegraph them several eps in advance. Worth watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Chicken!
We'll always have the soundtrack though....just like Avenger.
So true! The series was o-k, but I still listen to the OST regularly.
Old 2007-06-03, 08:41   Link #874
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Noa was only able to walk freely because he had a shard, it allowed him the strength to walk freely. However after he lost that, all the stress of everything he'd been through came all at once, which put him back where he started. In time he'd probably recover. As for Zed abandoning him, he didnt really. When he attacked Amil Gaul it teleported him away. He didnt have much coice from what i saw lol.

Also the city at the end wasnt Calm, it was a new one, and yeah, the combined AG and Zed looked awsome.

I don't see the need for a second season or an OVA, everything was closed, including the love angles, which were never key to the series anyway.

Muy only gripe with the ending was Tasker going down so easy. The last boss fight should of been a lot harder, but meh, it was still good
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 02:57   Link #875
xris
Just call me Ojisan

License for KIBA announced at Anime Boston 2008 by ADV Films.

ANN Report, ADV Picks Up Upper Deck Japan's Kiba TV Anime
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 22:45   Link #876
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

hi.. i was wondering before getting this anime, if there is any romance in it...
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 00:31   Link #877
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
hi.. i was wondering before getting this anime, if there is any romance in it...
Uh....nope not really, or nothing significant which would place this series into that genre.....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 20:35   Link #878
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Guess what? You can watch the first episode of Kiba at Toonami Jetstream!

http://www.toonamijetstream.com/

The first episode is virtually uncut with the Japanese OP and ED sequences kept in tact. And not to mention ADV's dub is pretty solid stuff.
Old 2008-08-29, 22:26   Link #879
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
ill answer it myself... the romance sux >.< The rest of the anime was ok but after watching Roia going after Zed the whole series... i cant believe they are separated at the very end... and between two different worlds ! How mean can the producer be
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 16:12   Link #880
ookamigirl

I just finished watching Kiba and I must say I liked it too ^^
It had a nice story in a different environment from what I'm used to today in the newest anime. Also it had a reasonable amount of episodes, not too much or too few to wrap up things. The only thing I didn't really like is the ending. They could've reunited Noah & Zed in Templar or even Calm and not drop him out in a distant x world who knows where.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote