AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2015-10-19, 12:50   Link #1001
dubvoight

In the current light novel and web novel is their really a love triangle between Alice, Kirito, and Asuna, or is that just how some see it
dubvoight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 07:18   Link #1002
SodiumChloride

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubvoight View Post
In the current light novel and web novel is their really a love triangle between Alice, Kirito, and Asuna, or is that just how some see it
As far as I've read (up to volume 16) Alice hasn't even met Asuna .What I do know though is that in the WN Kirito and Asuna spend 200 years in the game world .
SodiumChloride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 09:10   Link #1003
c933103
FTNR

Alice met Asuna already. Also, please read the SAO Light Novel thread's latest replies (as of writing) for further info.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-23, 20:00   Link #1004
NaweG
Just some guy

Did anyone else see this:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/23/11...eality-mmo-ibm

and immediately wonder if anyone from IBM actually WATCHED SAO at some point? This seems like a PR disaster just waiting to happen.

I know that an Oculus won't fry your brain (at least I'm not aware of any way for a non-broken one to do so), but the first person that gets motion sickness and you can imagine the headlines from there...
Old 2016-02-23, 20:05   Link #1005
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Not really the right thread for this. That said, Japan has different societal values when it comes to health issues compared to the West. You're applying Western issues to that same thing. Doesn't really work.
Old 2016-02-23, 20:13   Link #1006
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Not really the right thread for this.
To be honest, wasn't sure which SAO thread this would go in, so figured this was the most appropriate. Happy if the mods want to move elsewhere.

Quote:
That said, Japan has different societal values when it comes to health issues compared to the West. You're applying Western issues to that same thing. Doesn't really work.
Pretty sure that someone getting sick from SAO will be written up in the West even if the Japanese media take an "oh those Otaku are just getting what they deserve" tone.

Then again, maybe I just have lost faith in a rational media between the coverage of Apple and Trump.
Old 2016-02-24, 10:20   Link #1007
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Did anyone else see this:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/2/23/11...eality-mmo-ibm

and immediately wonder if anyone from IBM actually WATCHED SAO at some point? This seems like a PR disaster just waiting to happen.

I know that an Oculus won't fry your brain (at least I'm not aware of any way for a non-broken one to do so), but the first person that gets motion sickness and you can imagine the headlines from there...
Discussion about this would be better placed in this thread.

That said, I'm sure people from IBM have watched SAO, and don't see any issue. Potential health problems like motion sickness or bumping into stuff are things that would be true of any immersive VR. They are also fairly well known potential problems. No one is going to get much in the way of sensationalism out of them should they arise, and using SAO or making their own won't change that.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-24, 13:05   Link #1008
c933103
FTNR

Kawahara already tried it and from what we know that's a great experience

And seeing what IBM's using/promoting here is IBM Watson, their public could architecture, and their cognitive computing research project, with the story background laid about artificial intelligence, it's really quite unlikely for the project going to be centric around immersive technology, despite IBM will let audience taste their technological result via immersive way as seen from the fact that they're deploying full body control tools into the project
Old 2016-05-10, 14:06   Link #1009
LosOul

Recently watched SAO, on wiki it says "Even though Kazuto had decided to go to school in America for the summer to pursue his mechatronics career, he asked Asuna to accompany him overseas, as he could not live without her, even if it was a very selfish desire. Asuna replied that her answer to that question was decided a long time ago." http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki.../Relationships

Does this happen in the anime?
LosOul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-11, 01:10   Link #1010
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosOul View Post
Recently watched SAO, on wiki it says "Even though Kazuto had decided to go to school in America for the summer to pursue his mechatronics career, he asked Asuna to accompany him overseas, as he could not live without her, even if it was a very selfish desire. Asuna replied that her answer to that question was decided a long time ago." http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki.../Relationships

Does this happen in the anime?
I thibk it had? but didn't you just watch it?
Old 2016-05-12, 14:42   Link #1011
LosOul

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
I thibk it had? but didn't you just watch it?
hey yeah i had, it appears in the light novel vol 9 so i don't think it was a part of the anime, i think... x)
LosOul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-14, 07:36   Link #1012
c933103
FTNR

The wiki page content were base on light novel anyway.
Old 2016-05-30, 17:06   Link #1013
DevilTrigger

Has there been any recent news as to when season 3 will start?
DevilTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-30, 20:58   Link #1014
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilTrigger View Post
Has there been any recent news as to when season 3 will start?
There is a movie coming out next year; we can assume that the Season 3 will probably come out some time after that (possibly even a whole year after)
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-31, 07:23   Link #1015
DevilTrigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
There is a movie coming out next year; we can assume that the Season 3 will probably come out some time after that (possibly even a whole year after)
Oh, cool! I hadn't heard about that. I hope it isn't like that ~1 1/2 hour OVA episode that was mostly just one big recap episode.
DevilTrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-21, 21:02   Link #1016
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

Hi, am new in the thread i hope not be a nuisance , a question that always I have made is who would win in a fight Asuna or Kuroyukihime?
Old 2017-01-06, 10:49   Link #1017
indaryan

Why kirito not going on sachi burial?
indaryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a