AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-05-17, 03:15   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Sisters Arc - Discussion for Index Anime Viewers

The Sisters Arc in the Railgun S anime is an alternate presentation of a story arc that was already covered in the Index anime's first season. In general, our forum rules are that anything that didn't happen in *this show* can't be discussed in anime threads for this show. But given this rather-unique situation, people who already watched the Index anime will have a unique perspective on the way this arc is presented in Railgun S.

In this thread, people may discuss the Sisters Arc as it compares to the perspective from the Index anime, including things that have not yet been shown in the Railgun anime but were alluded to in the Index anime, and speculation about how this may be presented.

However, all novel and manga spoilers are forbidden in this thread. Please use the existing Spoiler & Speculation thread for this.
Old 2013-05-17, 10:49   Link #2
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

(Because someone needs to start this.)

Considering Index Spoilers SHOULD be allowed here.

(1) What SHOULD be different from Index and Railgun versions of the Sisters Arc, aside from eyes?
(2) What is YOUR PREDICTIONS on the differences between these versions of the Sisters Arc?
(3) WHEN do you think Misaka will actually get the Research Papers required for Touma to know about the sisters, since Misaka already knew about the project (and can learn more) through her... PDA...thing?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 13:04   Link #3
Marina2

.....Is this thread for people who watched Index anime but never read Railgun manga? Is railgun manga spoiler allowed here?

ronelm2000 questions number 1-2 will be easy to answer if relentlessflame allow to post about Railgun manga because we can just say it directly what is different between the two versions and since ronelm2000 have watched Index, he should know already what will happend anyway.
Old 2013-05-17, 13:08   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
.....Is this thread for people who watched Index anime but never read Railgun manga? Is railgun manga spoiler allowed here?

ronelm2000 questions number 1-2 will be easy to answer if relentlessflame allow to post about Railgun manga because we can just say it directly what is different between the two versions and since ronelm2000 have watched Index, he should know already what will happend anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In this thread, people may discuss the Sisters Arc as it compares to the perspective from the Index anime, including things that have not yet been shown in the Railgun anime but were alluded to in the Index anime, and speculation about how this may be presented.

However, all novel and manga spoilers are forbidden in this thread. Please use the existing Spoiler & Speculation thread for this.
So, it's for anime-only comparisons. No manga or novel info, even behind spoiler tags. If people want manga-based info, they can go to the Anime Spoiler & Speculation thread in the Manga sub-forum.
Old 2013-05-17, 20:38   Link #5
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
So, it's for anime-only comparisons. No manga or novel info, even behind spoiler tags. If people want manga-based info, they can go to the Anime Spoiler & Speculation thread in the Manga sub-forum.
Basically it's for people who experienced the unique trope called Late Arrival Spoilers, which is... kinda like the creator's fault, somewhat.

Anyway, my question stands. "What are you expecting in this arc?" and "What should be expected in the arc?" are different questions, entirely...

As for 1...

(1) I doubt many of the events in Index SHOULD have happened, like the introduction of Tree Diagram and all. It would also be nice if the fight with Accelerator be longer.

(2) Barring how incredibly slow these episodes can be.... well I have no idea what to "realistically expect", honestly. With JC, anything can change: it's not like they ought to be strictly following the manga. They can even choose to cut many of the scenes with Touma in the Sisters Arc if JC wants, and replace it with some Misaka angst scenes or maybe a confrontation with Misaki.

(3) I've no idea.
Old 2013-05-17, 22:02   Link #6
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Basically it's for people who experienced the unique trope called Late Arrival Spoilers, which is... kinda like the creator's fault, somewhat.
It's not really "Late Arrival Spoilers"... the whole point of this arc is to re-tell a story from a different perspective. Although you can watch the spin-off standalone, it's also quite expected that many will have already seen Index.

Quote:
(2) Barring how incredibly slow these episodes can be.... well I have no idea what to "realistically expect", honestly. With JC, anything can change: it's not like they ought to be strictly following the manga. They can even choose to cut many of the scenes with Touma in the Sisters Arc if JC wants, and replace it with some Misaka angst scenes or maybe a confrontation with Misaki.
I don't think the anime writers will change anything that interferes with "canon" for a lot of different reasons. And it's not like they can randomly change things anyway; it's all reviewed by the editorial team. I don't know anything about the manga (and neither should you if you're in this thread), but the whole point is to retell the story from her perspective, so I imagine you will see things we didn't see in the Index anime, because that's the whole point. They're not going to rehash things we've already seen, unless they're providing a new perspective on it.
Old 2013-05-17, 22:59   Link #7
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
It's not really "Late Arrival Spoilers"... the whole point of this arc is to re-tell a story from a different perspective. Although you can watch the spin-off standalone, it's also quite expected that many will have already seen Index.

I don't think the anime writers will change anything that interferes with "canon" for a lot of different reasons. And it's not like they can randomly change things anyway; it's all reviewed by the editorial team. I don't know anything about the manga (and neither should you if you're in this thread), but the whole point is to retell the story from her perspective, so I imagine you will see things we didn't see in the Index anime, because that's the whole point. They're not going to rehash things we've already seen, unless they're providing a new perspective on it.
They did that already on the first season.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 02:40   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
They did that already on the first season.
Could you be more specific about what "that" is?

If you mean interfering with canon, I still wouldn't be too sure what you mean. From what I recall from interviews, the new arc in the first season of the anime was contributed by the original author, and was connected in such a way that wouldn't break canon. And I don't recall that their treatment of the first arc was criticized for conflicting with canon, just adding extra content (as they're doing again). In the end, they needed the extra content anyway, because the manga is too short to fill 48+ episodes as it is.

Anyway, the intention of this thread was not to compare to the manga, it was for people who watched the Index anime to be able to discuss this Railgun arc (since there are elements that were seen in that anime that have an impact/relation to this one).
Old 2013-05-18, 03:03   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Essentially what Birdway is saying is that the first season of Railgun has already 'messed' with canon by having original events and some rearrangement of sequence.

Personally I don't think it's at all any big deal because the most important points of the series are still untouched, but opinions are divided to say the least about this.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-18, 12:38   Link #10
Birdway
Banned

Original contents aside, they already changed events with retcons like the black out making it twice(BO).
Old 2013-05-19, 15:06   Link #11
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I think by Index season 1, Mikoto has always been relying on her level 5 strength to overpower the competition. So when another level 5 comes in, her tactics are really reckless. Never did knew Railgun could get this tense as well.. I kind of figured it would be like this when it kept hinting about her clones and such and after season 1 of Index.. But dang man.
Old 2013-05-23, 09:31   Link #12
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

You know what could be changed from Index?

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-23, 11:32   Link #13
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
You know what could be changed from Index?

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2013-05-23, 21:29   Link #14
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

True but...

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-23, 21:32   Link #15
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, I'm aware. Touma should've been dead regardless, but hell, let's face it: most crap that he goes through should kill him but doesn't. The blood loss from the Deep Blood arc's conclusion should've killed him.
Old 2013-05-24, 00:47   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

....Wasn't it because the electric current was set at non-lethal? You can have crazy amounts of voltage but it wouldn't kill you so long as the ampere is safe.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:03   Link #17
Birdway
Banned

Still can harm your body's inner parts(heart, lungs, etc) and cause irreversible damage on the brain even if it doesn't automatically kills you...

Just because he can negate it doesn't means is non lethal/harmful.

I guess its pointless because Misaka is an inmature character with a lot of childish traits so far and has long way to grow(someday... or when the series ends).
Old 2013-05-24, 08:05   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

We're talking about the bridge scene.
Old 2013-05-24, 08:18   Link #19
Birdway
Banned

She caused a cardiorespiratory failure on Touma then.
Old 2013-05-24, 18:10   Link #20
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
She caused a cardiorespiratory failure on Touma then.
I don't think that could have happened lol. Plus, there's always writer's fiat right?

I want to see
Spoiler:

I am looking forward to this in contrast with Index season 1.

Furthermore, I like seeing things from Mikoto's point of view anyway in this case.

@Birdway, she's also only 14.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote