AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-14, 00:39   Link #1101
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Yeah, was hoping for 3 to be remade first, then we go to 2. 3 was the one which tied the characters of 1 and 2 together.
Old 2014-11-14, 04:45   Link #1102
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Probably not, unless people get really creative with the coding. *shrug*
I hear that the actual texture files for it are in .DDS format though, which is the format used in a lot of other games. Hell, I've used said format when modding in Space Marine and World of Tanks.

Let's see if the crackers can get the ball rolling for some VC mods, even if they're just skins and such.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 05:37   Link #1103
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I guarantee you that the very first mods will be nude skins of Selvaria.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 10:53   Link #1104
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... what's the best way to A rank the Barious Skirmish? As I understand it the best way to exp grind is when Alicia gets you know what and you just run her to the objecting killing anyone in the way, and supposedly with either Awaken Potential or Awaken All which I have yet to get from the old man in the cemetery.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2014-11-14 at 11:19.
Old 2014-11-14, 11:02   Link #1105
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So... what's the best way to A rank the Barious Skirmish?
Which mission was that, the one with or without the mega tank? In any case, scouts (Alicia especially) can run past most stuff and capture camps quite easily.

Also, has anyone tried down-sampling this game from 4k? I saw the comparison shots and dang, the increase in detail is immense. Mighty impressive stuff for an engine that's 6 years old now. Considering the game itself isn't the most demanding, how intensive would running a downsample be?
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 11:20   Link #1106
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Skirmish one that you play before the mega tank battle. The one with the huge map full of trenches.

Basically I'm looking for a map and point in the story where it's easiest to exp grind.
Old 2014-11-14, 11:35   Link #1107
com_gwp

Quote:
Skirmish one that you play before the mega tank battle. The one with the huge map full of trenches.

Basically I'm looking for a map and point in the story where it's easiest to exp grind.
I'd say that would be a fairly simple one to do, although the best map for grinding would only come later in the last third of the game. I would advise against grinding until you reach that point, because it'll be far more efficient by then.

That aside, exp isn't nearly as important as getting ace weapon drops.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 19:35   Link #1108
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I have done that skirmish in 3 turns (the longest you can take for an "A" grade). Took some time clearing out the snipers, 1 tank and infantry along the way if they are not under cover.

On grinding, you should be on lvl 11 for your shocks and scouts for the second map on Fouzen. Grenade launchers and flamethrowers will make your life a lot easier.
Old 2014-11-14, 21:19   Link #1109
durack

Seems like there is a bug - if you run at higher than 30fps, interception fire becomes faster (tied to FPS)

If you are repeatedly getting killed by interception fire then may want to cap at 30 fps.

At the same time, your own interception fire becomes faster as well.
durack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 21:43   Link #1110
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by durack View Post
Seems like there is a bug - if you run at higher than 30fps, interception fire becomes faster (tied to FPS)

If you are repeatedly getting killed by interception fire then may want to cap at 30 fps.

At the same time, your own interception fire becomes faster as well.
Wow. That turns rifle fire into machine gun fire, and machine gun fire into gatling fire.
Old 2014-11-14, 22:08   Link #1111
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well right now I'm just grinding the 2nd skrimish by running Rosie to the base in 1 turn.

Generally which ups tree would be best? Power accuracy or stat effects?
Old 2014-11-14, 22:38   Link #1112
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

For machine guns, the power tree offers higher accuracy later. Status effects are largely useless as far as I'm aware. You want accuracy for rifles and sniper rifles.
Old 2014-11-14, 23:01   Link #1113
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Grenade launchers and flamethrowers will make your life a lot easier.
Heh, the ol' 'shake and bake'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
For machine guns, the power tree offers higher accuracy later. Status effects are largely useless as far as I'm aware. You want accuracy for rifles and sniper rifles.
Sensible. All the power and status effects in the world only do any good if you hit in the first place. To borrow a phrase from a certain dark ARPG: 'consistency trumps potential'.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 23:01   Link #1114
Xacual

Quote:
Well right now I'm just grinding the 2nd skrimish by running Rosie to the base in 1 turn.
I'm guessing by doing that you're ignoring the elite units and the tank? I've been trying to one turn that yet still take out the tanks and stuff in the same turn. I got extremely lucky and managed a long shot from the close sandbags past the alley and took out the far tank with Largo after killing the close tank with him the previous CP use. If I had just one more CP I would have managed it.

I guess I could probably just sacrifice taking out stuff to 1 turn it for a bigger reward but I really wanted to get as much as possible and I'm still getting like 6200/6500 for 2 turns so it's not that bad.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-14, 23:03   Link #1115
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Heh, the ol' 'shake and bake'...

Sensible. All the power and status effects in the world only do any good if you hit in the first place. To borrow a phrase from a certain dark ARPG: 'consistency trumps potential'.
The range increase for lobbing grenades and the flames are game-changing. Not to mention that you need accuracy to nail those headshots.
Old 2014-11-15, 00:05   Link #1116
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well right now I'm just grinding to hit the lvl11 class upgrade. At least it is not as much of a hassle as the need for certs in VC2.
Old 2014-11-15, 02:06   Link #1117
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

This game makes me realize I am very bad at strategy. I died SOOOOO many times against the Batomys. When I finally looked up the strategy (Thanks, YouTube! ) after the 8th time in a row having my ass handed to me by that jerk Maxi-Pad, I felt dumb because the strategy was actually really easy, and I only needed, no exaggeration, 4 characters and my tank. Derp. I think my hefty facepalming actually left a handprint on my face.

Apparently my hundreds of hours playing Fire Emblem and Advance Wars games means jack-diddly, lol.
Old 2014-11-15, 02:29   Link #1118
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

For me I really couldn't find a way to avoid casualties. The safest place to be is to hide in the trench in the 2nd camp and keep the tank to the right of the Batomys. The problem is Selv always went and tried to kill someone and pick up their corpse so they actually die. Then she'll stay to the left of Batomys and will actually not attack anyone as long as everyone stays to the right of the tank or in the trench.

After 3 hours I eventually gave up and sacrificed Edy and Marina to Selvaria for the A rank.
Old 2014-11-15, 04:57   Link #1119
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
For me I really couldn't find a way to avoid casualties. The safest place to be is to hide in the trench in the 2nd camp and keep the tank to the right of the Batomys. The problem is Selv always went and tried to kill someone and pick up their corpse so they actually die. Then she'll stay to the left of Batomys and will actually not attack anyone as long as everyone stays to the right of the tank or in the trench.

After 3 hours I eventually gave up and sacrificed Edy and Marina to Selvaria for the A rank.
You can use the Edelweiss to block off Selvaria's fire. At that point she doesn't have anti-armor capability yet, so she'll do no damage against the Edelweiss no matter how much she tries, so you can use the Edelweiss as cover for your troops. I keep the Edelweiss to the left of the Batomys as a result, making sure to keep clear of its main guns. Also, the AI will force soldiers down that central ramp with the trench when Selvaria's reinforcements arrive, so I park my Edelweiss by that mound beside the trench and let the Imps get slaughtered by my coaxial MG fire as they run past.

Also, I destroy the Batomys' left radiator first, then center, then right. That way, by the time Selvaria arrives I can freely kill the radiator on the right while being completely immune from her interception fire.

Managed to A Rank it on my first attempt on PC, with no casualties.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-15, 05:04   Link #1120
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I had casualties, but they got evacuated. So, no harm there. As one guide mentioned, this map is all about you reacting to Maxi's actions.