AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-24, 14:11   Link #81
Gaara.
Only God can Judge me

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara. Send a message via MSN to Gaara.
The episode wasnt bad, but animation sucked
Gaara. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 16:30   Link #82
Dr Yuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja massacre
use spoiler tags you fucking moron!
If i weren't a manga reader I would've been very pissed off right now!

Here here!!

I saw the words "Neji was" and immediately knew it was talking about the manga, so I didn't read.

What's with losers who like to post manga spoilers anyway? Go to your own damn thread dumbasses.
Dr Yuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 19:07   Link #83
swerv
Stay Up

Bans for spoiling in the anime thread don't seem to work. Morons are too ignorant.

Banning anime watchers is probably the only thing that will work.
Old 2004-12-24, 20:31   Link #84
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri

WRONG

A speed sub is one that puts speed as its paramount goal. Like Bakasan, He did not do fancy textwork, nor did was he always understandable. But you got the gist of what the characters were trying to say.

Bakasan is the epitome of a Speed Sub.

Dattebayo is no speed sub, They release high quality at a swift pace.

That is all, YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK, GOODBYE.
What did you not understand about my post? I said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
It's true that AH and DB (it being the same Naruto team previously) have grown tremendously since their first sub. But that does't mean they put quality over speed. They are speedsubbers first, quality subbers later.
It's pretty clear that DB puts speed over quality, while they may tend to lean on the quality more then Bakasan, it's beside the point.

If they put quality over speed, making them not speedsubbers, they would have had quality around AonE&AnbU's level, which they don't.
it's not a matter of you deciding the quality is good enough for it to be a quality sub. It's about the priority the group has.

So unless one of the friendly members of DB tells me right here im wrong and that they do put quality over speed, You are the weakest link, bye bye
Old 2004-12-24, 20:49   Link #85
ryno2410

Me and my friend were laughing when Neji was talking about Sasuke being in the dark and they showed that picture of him.

duh he's in the dark, he's sitting in a closed barrel
ryno2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 20:59   Link #86
naantje
Annoyance :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno2410
Me and my friend were laughing when Neji was talking about Sasuke being in the dark and they showed that picture of him.

You win the prize... seriously you win the prize

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-24, 21:37   Link #87
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno2410

Lol, I guess you could look at it that way.

Last edited by Bflip; 2004-12-24 at 23:58.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 22:05   Link #88
Bill_gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflip
You're a retard.

And I don't mean your IQ is less than 80 (even though it might be).
Wow.... i think the guy was only joking.
Naruto is cool and all but you dont need to go havign an orgasm over it
Someone poking fun at naruto once in a while isn't the end of the world
unless YOUR retarded...

anyways the episode was awesome and D_B did a great job as usual
too bad about the delay of the next episod. After such a cliffhanger too...
I wonder how many anime only watchers will turn to the manga for their fix...
Bill_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 23:08   Link #89
Zek
Eyebrows...

Why are the spoiler rules only seriously enforced for a day or two before the mods give up on them? The instant ban on first offense was such a good start, but they dropped it so soon and nobody has learned their lesson.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 23:13   Link #90
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
ok please back on topic

I found the episode so-so wasnt as good as the last one and animation really lacked in this one compared to the last and yea Neji kicks but in this episode. I hope they get a better animation team on the next one. I really dislike the animation in this episode.
I cant stand the spider guy.... He spits S#@% wtf?!?!

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-24, 23:57   Link #91
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_gates
Wow.... i think the guy was only joking.
Naruto is cool and all but you dont need to go havign an orgasm over it
Someone poking fun at naruto once in a while isn't the end of the world
unless YOUR retarded...

anyways the episode was awesome and D_B did a great job as usual
too bad about the delay of the next episod. After such a cliffhanger too...
I wonder how many anime only watchers will turn to the manga for their fix...
Do you even know what an orgasm is?
And I suppose that poking fun at naruto once in a while is the end of the world for retards from your statement? You're just talking out of your ass.
Bflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 00:01   Link #92
lanfear
DB Editor/Timer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to lanfear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
What did you not understand about my post? I said:

It's pretty clear that DB puts speed over quality, while they may tend to lean on the quality more then Bakasan, it's beside the point.

If they put quality over speed, making them not speedsubbers, they would have had quality around AonE&AnbU's level, which they don't.
it's not a matter of you deciding the quality is good enough for it to be a quality sub. It's about the priority the group has.

So unless one of the friendly members of DB tells me right here im wrong and that they do put quality over speed, You are the weakest link, bye bye
We basically try to find a balance between speed and quality. It's not like we have a release schedule - we don't work on it until a certain time and then release no matter what. We work until we feel it's done. But since we don't take the time for, say, a post-encode QC check, we do miss some things.

As far as our quality as compared to other fansubs... I feel like we have strengths in certain areas, and they have strengths in others. I do think a lot of people aren't fair in their comparisons of us to others simply because other groups have better reputations.

To tell you the truth, it doesn't matter to me whether or not people label us speedsubbers. We're just going to keep on doing what we're doing no matter what.

Last edited by lanfear; 2004-12-25 at 00:02. Reason: spelling - I'm an editor, I can't help but fix my errors :)
lanfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 00:48   Link #93
Yukizora
Dattebayo Co-Translator

lanfear is correct. Bringing reasonably good productions in hopes that you all will enjoy them is what we do. Speed does not always mean that the quality decreases, but as lanfear said before, different groups specialize in different things. Although we don't aim for any certain areas, we do have good balanced releases in reasonable amounts of time.
Yukizora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 02:55   Link #94
sum1_aka_me

blah..neji gez damaged really badly by da spiderman wannabie lmfao...yea sum where later on...
sum1_aka_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 05:05   Link #95
BigNarutoFan

Good episode, I liked the sound when neji missed the first attack
BigNarutoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 06:13   Link #96
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Yukizora and lanfear Thanks for replying.

Well Komataguri, guess that puts me in the wrong. , while there may not be a universal law about when a speedsub a speedsub is. DB, by their own words, doesn't prioritize speed. Guess I did was the weakest link.

Old 2004-12-25, 20:02   Link #97
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukizora
lanfear is correct. Bringing reasonably good productions in hopes that you all will enjoy them is what we do. Speed does not always mean that the quality decreases, but as lanfear said before, different groups specialize in different things. Although we don't aim for any certain areas, we do have good balanced releases in reasonable amounts of time.
well, I must say you guys are the best naruto subbing group I've ever come across! for me it's perfect quality, very good subs, and you do it very fast.

Anyway, does tayuya REALLY call jirobou a dickhead?
I thought it was a not so serious translation from inane in the manga...
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 11:27   Link #98
the-1

dam, another cliffhanger. episode was kind of slow too.

still, my boy neji about to tear it up next week.
the-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 14:25   Link #99
Kaychan

I'm not looking for a masterpiece...

"...animation really lacked in this one compared to the last and yea Neji kicks but in this episode. I hope they get a better animation team on the next one. I really dislike the animation in this episode..."
-F!reStr!fe

Alright, I can sort of understand the dissapointment that some of you have in the quality of animation of Naruto, but the main reason I'm watching Naruto is for its entertainment value and I'm not sure why people get freaked out by a sightly "inferior" ep in regard to how it is animated. You've gotta remember the artists are probably constantly pushed to pump out eps as fast as possible because of the demand (it takes a lot of effort to feed the addictions of millions of the Naruto junkies out there). I can't help but feel that if you are that pissed off by "poor" animation maybe you should find a different one to watch. Give artists a break, man.
Kaychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-26, 16:44   Link #100
ssjian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaychan
... I'm not sure why people get freaked out by a sightly "inferior" ep in regard to how it is animated. I can't help but feel that if you are that pissed off by "poor" animation maybe you should find a different one to watch. Give artists a break, man.
I agree wholeheartedly. I never walk away from a Naruto episode thinking to myself: "Oh, the disappointment. How poorly animated that episode was!" It's silly. I don't see the point in thinking such things. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

There should be a single thread for all negative comments. Lol, instant bans for those who post negative comments anywhere else.
ssjian1 is offline   Reply With Quote