AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 30.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 34.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 30.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 4.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-03-23, 21:49   Link #221
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Between white and black there are various shades of grey.
And yeah who would have thought actually doing the part of your contract would actually lead to non tragic results.

Remember when Birdway said once Touma actions might take him to a similar path to Aleister or Lola? Well Shiage went not for the third choice but then 4th choice
Old 2019-03-23, 21:50   Link #222
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
A little surprising that nobody sees the message between the Hamazura/Choronzon relationship.
Hamazura did not crash and burn already like Meythers and Aleister in his pack with the demon already speaks thousand.

The magicians failed in their dealing with the demon because they try to fight the consequences. But Hamazura, simply, just give up. It his total surrender to fight and honoring the pact as a fair trade that ultimately lead to the fulfillment of his wish.
Hell, it this attitude of his that even made his relationship with the demon mutual. He returning Choronzo's action with words of kindness is also the only occasion which the demon faltered mentally.

I am pretty sure the more advanced Thelemites in this board can put it better than I do when you see this in Thelema perspective.

Looks outside the lens of the polarity of evil and good. This is not what Hamazura's arc is about.
Their relationship isn't mutual, it is just one of convenience, nothing more, nothing less. Just because Choronzon explained magic to him it doesn't mean that she was being kind or that they formed some sort of special bond. She is still going to kill every human and she could not care less, Hamazura changed nothing.
Old 2019-03-23, 22:11   Link #223
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Chapter 4 is complete!

Oh boy, if you thought Accel had gotten overpowered before... I do like the reasoning behind it, though.

Also, this could be the craziest epilogue since Kamisato first showed up!
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 22:55   Link #224
WiliamZ0

I'm really waiting for the epilogue, so excited here.
At same time feel so sad since it will be over soon.

Still, Hamazura get off way too lightly. I don't know how he will escape his crime, but he certainly will. Accelerator get great progress while Kamijou always get the short stick and ended getting the karma that should have hit the other two protagonists.

Poor Kamijou, He is the distortion that take all the misfortune from ones around him
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 23:04   Link #225
Callum18
Fukou da

Dat cliffhanger at the end of Chapter 4, I'm very hyped now!

If anyone would like to join the To Aru Index Skype fan club. Please do PM me (:.
Callum18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 23:23   Link #226
Marina2

Shiage x Coronzon shipping is real.

Spoiler for long lists of quotes:

Touma had it hard this volume. He didn't even got a chance to land any hit on Coronzon. Accel + Hamazura (with the help of Dion) did more to destroy Coronzon's plan. But it's nice to see Touma told Coronzon to run away.

Mikoto....feel sorry for her really. Kamachi just put her there to ruin Touma.

Last edited by Marina2; 2019-03-23 at 23:38.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 23:36   Link #227
NeutralZero

It would be nice if shiage receive a repurcusion for his action this time. He prety much had a deal with thebdevil and just got off scott free.
Like save dione but rikou and up disapearing and whatnot.
If this is any character even touma and accell, they will have to pay a price fornsuch action.
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 23:46   Link #228
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Their relationship isn't mutual, it is just one of convenience, nothing more, nothing less. Just because Choronzon explained magic to him it doesn't mean that she was being kind or that they formed some sort of special bond. She is still going to kill every human and she could not care less, Hamazura changed nothing.
You have to look things from Choronzon's PoV.
She is actually impressed that Hamazura made it.
And this made it even more so that she refuse to walk a different path, despite how much Hamazura has shaken her resolve.
Her state of mind at that point cam be sum up as "if a man can achieve his end before the destruction I am about to bring upon, then in return I certainly cannot this alternative that just appeared before me."
If this is not mutual what is? This is not just pure destruction anymore, she's doing it out of her respect to Hamazura.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 00:18   Link #229
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
It would be nice if shiage receive a repurcusion for his action this time. He prety much had a deal with thebdevil and just got off scott free.
Like save dione but rikou and up disapearing and whatnot.
If this is any character even touma and accell, they will have to pay a price fornsuch action.
Not in the land of Kamachi.
Old 2019-03-24, 00:31   Link #230
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Shiage x Coronzon shipping is real.

Spoiler for long lists of quotes:

Touma had it hard this volume. He didn't even got a chance to land any hit on Coronzon. Accel + Hamazura (with the help of Dion) did more to destroy Coronzon's plan. But it's nice to see Touma told Coronzon to run away.

Mikoto....feel sorry for her really. Kamachi just put her there to ruin Touma.
Oh god, hadn't even thought about that. Poor girl can't get a break I would comment more on that, but I want to see the epilogue first to know where we are going from here, because you never know. Also, not gonna lie, I'm a bit upset with how things ended if only because the buildup to Touma showing was perfect, regardless of how predictable of a move it might have been, and I loved how he basically barked orders at her.

Well, that's Touma for you, and he already has experience having mercy on higher beings.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 01:56   Link #231
Chosen_Hero

Chapter 4 Part 14

Spoiler for rant:

Outside of that, the fight in this part was great. Nice idea by Aliester in using the fairy spell on Choronzon, seriously, someone should always keep that spell handy for situations like this. Now I wonder if it would have worked on the Magic gods from the real Gremlin.

Chapter 4 Part 15

Villain taking command is great and Riméas response is even better, the doctor is just a badass and seeing Kihara Noukan fight must be some sight for the British forces.

Chapter 4 part 16

Man, Misaka WILL and the Misaka Network are really pissed at Choronzon for almost killing Touma.

Like I already said, a strong character getting even stronger isn't the most interesting thing, but at least it is being done here for a good reason.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2019-03-24 at 02:36.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 02:53   Link #232
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Chapter 4 Part 14

Spoiler for rant:
You seem to have forgotten another role that Choronzon plays outside being the demon of dispersion. That she is a guardian who protects the upper three Sephira of the Sephiroth. The destruction of the world is her mere rejection of this world that has distanced itself from the cosmic truth. She did not did it out of malice, but out of her duty as an integral element of the Tree of Life.
In other words, ascension into the upper three spheres is also possible for whoever that passed her reckoning. Remember, she is not just the demon who dumps things downward, she is also who controls what gets to go up.
Hamazura here is different from her past contractors in that he does not resist the dispersion that the demon is trying to bring about. Sure, he did it out of pure accident by renouncing himself to the fate surrounded him. But you can't deny that's the right answer. Beings that could not be decomposed are impurities that stagnate the world, thus only those who can accept the inevitable destruction can advance through her.
There are times where the truth is discovered by a fool instead from the wisdom of the adept. I see no problem of Choronzon showing her respect to that.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 04:56   Link #233
WiliamZ0

No matter how you cover it, Hamazura is filled with so many BS.

Kamijou Touma ended become the one responsible for the sins everyone committed and knowing his personality, he accept it gladly

Part 3 will be Demon Lord Touma waiting someone to strike him down and let BS Hamazura become hero. F*** BS
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 08:27   Link #234
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
You seem to have forgotten another role that Choronzon plays outside being the demon of dispersion. That she is a guardian who protects the upper three Sephira of the Sephiroth. The destruction of the world is her mere rejection of this world that has distanced itself from the cosmic truth. She did not did it out of malice, but out of her duty as an integral element of the Tree of Life.
In other words, ascension into the upper three spheres is also possible for whoever that passed her reckoning. Remember, she is not just the demon who dumps things downward, she is also who controls what gets to go up.
Hamazura here is different from her past contractors in that he does not resist the dispersion that the demon is trying to bring about. Sure, he did it out of pure accident by renouncing himself to the fate surrounded him. But you can't deny that's the right answer. Beings that could not be decomposed are impurities that stagnate the world, thus only those who can accept the inevitable destruction can advance through her.
There are times where the truth is discovered by a fool instead from the wisdom of the adept. I see no problem of Choronzon showing her respect to that.
This part ties with the theme from HP plot about cutting off people from reaching an understanding.
Old 2019-03-24, 10:00   Link #235
Chosen_Hero

Chapter 4 part 18

I won't even waste my time, I aready said my piece about this, just refer to my rant about part 14.

Chapter 4 part 19 and 20

(Sigh)

What the hell was this... no, where the hell did this come from all of a sudden? This moment right here was unearned, very unearned. Not only does it come off as the biggest deus ex machina of the volume, but the entire series. It falls flat just on the principle that Dion Fortune is not developed to the extent of having earned this moment, unlike the Qhilphaph and Accelerator moment in part 16.

This moment only exists as a forced way of saying that Hamazura made the right move in teaming up with Choronzon because otherwise she would have destroyed the world. Even though said moment didn't have ANY foreshadowing at all and the character that pulls it off spent the majority of the time waiting to be respawned into the conflict instead of, you know, getting characterization that would have helped in earning this big heroic moment.

Kamachi during this entire volume has clearly been forcing himself (herself?) to not use Touma (even though the most interesting parts of the volume that the readers care about are his) and by doing so has just had to rely on bs and deus ex machina moments to elevate the Hamazura side of the story. Meanwhile the Accelerator side of the story is doing just fine and he just FOUGHT, TIED WITH AND FORCED A MAGIC GOD TO APOLOGIZE.... How is THIS more believable than ANY of the things from Hamazuras' side?

THIS, this is why I personally believe that Hamazura should not play a part in the bigger parts of the story and should just be relegated to smaller conflicts that tie into the larger conflicts. This is the one volume of the entire series where the flow of consistency the series has had is shattered for the sake of a character (that's taking into account the bullshit that is Kamisato Kakeru and his convenient faction). Say what you want about Touma pulling off some bullshit moments and having plot armor from time to time, but after this volume never tell me that he is anywhere near to being the biggest culprit of relying on it.

P.S. To those replying to my posts, I have not replied to you not because I am ignoring the points you are bringing up, but because I am focusing mostly on reading the volume and trying to get my thoughts across while the information is still fresh in my mind.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2019-03-24 at 10:57. Reason: Fixed spelling mistake
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 10:15   Link #236
Fortitude

Quote:
Chapter 4 part 18

I won't even waste my time, I aready said my piece about this, just refer to my rant about part 14.

Chapter 4 part 19 and 20

(Sigh)

What the hell was this... no, where the hell did this come from all of a sudden? This moment right here was unearned, very unearned. Not only does it come off as the biggest dues ex machina of the volume, but the entire series. It falls flat just on the principle that Dion Fortune is not developed to the extent of having earned this moment, unlike the Qhilphaph and Accelerator moment in part 16.

This moment only exists as a forced way of saying that Hamazura made the right move in teaming up with Choronzon because otherwise she would have destroyed the world. Even though said moment didn't have ANY foreshadowing at all and the character that pulls it off spent the majority of the time waiting to be respawned into the conflict instead of, you know, getting characterization that would have helped in earning this big heroic moment.

Kamachi during this entire volume has clearly been forcing himself (herself?) to not use Touma (even though the most interesting parts of the volume that the readers care about are his) and by doing so has just had to rely on bs and deus ex machina moments to elevate the Hamazura side of the story. Meanwhile the Accelerator side of the story is doing just fine and he just FOUGHT, TIED WITH AND FORCED A MAGIC GOD TO APOLOGIZE.... How is THIS more believable than ANY of the things from Hamazuras' side?

THIS, this is why I personally believe that Hamazura should not play a part in the bigger parts of the story and should just be relegated to smaller conflicts that tie into the larger conflicts. This is the one volume of the entire series where the flow of consistency the series has had is shattered for the sake of a character (that's taking into account the bullshit that is Kamisato Kakeru and his convenient faction). Say what you want about Touma pulling off some bullshit moments and having plot armor from time to time, but after this volume never tell me that he is anywhere near to being the biggest culprit of relying on it.

P.S. To those replying to my posts, I have not replied to you not because I am ignoring the points you are bringing up, but because I am focusing mostly on reading the volume and trying to get my thoughts across while the information is still fresh in my mind.
Well Spoken.

And people complain about Touma's plot armor but after reading this volume they'll probably changed their minds because Hamazura scrappy status has reached to new lows.

Honestly like you said, Hamazura role should have stayed to smaller scale conflicts. This volume made him into some kind of Mary Sue.
Fortitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-24, 10:55   Link #237
Chosen_Hero

Chapter 4 part 21 and 22

Even after Choronzon "killed" him, Touma STILL gave her a chance to give up and back off, her fate is her own fault for not knowing when to stop.
Old 2019-03-24, 11:11   Link #238
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
This part ties with the theme from HP plot about cutting off people from reaching an understanding.
HP?

*tenchars*
Old 2019-03-24, 11:18   Link #239
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
HP?

*tenchars*
High Priest.
Old 2019-03-24, 11:19   Link #240
Marina2

Actually......it was the whole Accel upgrade that came out of nowhere with no foreshadow.

Like how Misaka WILL and the Misaka Network suddenly able to connect and communicate with Qliphoth??? And together they can create the "third tree" to power up Accel??? and Accel can somehow forced Coronzon's soul out of her body with it?? Since when all of these were foreshadow that it was possible before the moment it revealed? But again, we looked over these because the scene is super COOL to read.