AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2006-03-02, 06:27   Link #221
Ricochet

Send a message via ICQ to Ricochet
I think the movie is a solid sequel.
But there just a few things which are bothersome.
Although I'm a german I don't understand the words
Dietline Eckards speaks I a scene which are supposed
to be german....

Spoiler:

@fu5ed, for the spolier tag just use [*SPOILER] [*/SPOILER]
between your statement. Of course without the *.
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 18:24   Link #222
Sanjiyan
Flag Supporter

I just watched it. Overall, as a sequel, I think it remains true to "continuity" of the story. Hence pretty solid sequel. However, I really don't like the ending.

I watched the movie without any expectations but still felt dissappointed with the ending. Poor Winry,
Sanjiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 18:09   Link #223
o_shay1

Send a message via Yahoo to o_shay1
I know this sounds stupid...

Does anyone know when the Full Metal Alchemist movie is coming out to the U.S. or even more specific in Minnesota in English?

I know it's other places but it's not here and it's pissing me off!!!

Or... does anyone know where i can download it online in English? or any other language and i could translate it on my computer.
o_shay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-19, 18:28   Link #224
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_shay1
Does anyone know when the Full Metal Alchemist movie is coming out to the U.S. or even more specific in Minnesota in English?
DVD comes out October 3rd. No word on a theatre date yet or how large the release will be.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 19:54   Link #225
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Just wanted to confirm that Winry got the shaft. I thought it was a pretty good movie most of the way through. When Ed got back to his side things seemed to be going well. Once they defeated their enemy the movie droped the ball like it was filled with bricks.

I mean great that the brothers are getting back together and all. But really they are probably going to either get seriously hurt, killed in WW2 or who knows what. Winry gets left alone losing the most important people to her once again. They took a whole movie just to put Al on the other side and that's pretty much all they did.

What's with this fear about people coming through the gate? I mean there isn't any way to open the gate anymore. Envy, Wrath, Gluttony, their dad, are all gone. There was no reason for Ed and Al to go back through the gate.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 00:05   Link #226
notme
団長

The movie made absolutely no sense and was horribly bad in my opinion. Hughes was a huge a-hole and for some reason he still got the girl while Winry got the shaft, wtf? Hughes was an awesome character in the anime but I think his alternate personality should have been shot in the head.

The ending was terrible, not only do I not like that Winry was basically thrown aside, but it just made no sense. The whole movie was a dissapointment and I'm actually suprised I finished it all. I wanted to turn it off about 30 minutes into it, but I held the hope that all would end well and Ed, Al, Winry, Mustang, Hawkeye, etc would all be reunited once again. I want two hours of my life back.
notme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 03:52   Link #227
fmafanatic

ahh the movie was ok i love fma but it kinda dissapointed me i really wish there were more eps to watch
fmafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 21:20   Link #228
Cal-Reflector

Objectively speaking, the FMA movie was the best featured film from an existing anime series I've ever seen. Art, animation, action, music (my goodness the music!), everything was top notch. The battle sequence between Wrath and Gluttony had me out of my seat, it was that well done. The plot setting was intruiging and the story was solid enough; the new characters introduced contributed a great deal to the film.

The main gripe with this movie appears to be a lack of a happy ending in which Ed returns to his world; I'm a sucker for romance and happy endings, but in this case, I could appreciate the message of the neccessity of sacrifice, maturity, and the will to continue living that the producers tried to convey.

This movie is a must see, and true FMA fans will not be disappointed by the elevated quality throughout the entire film.
Old 2006-04-30, 16:11   Link #229
fadingwind

Send a message via AIM to fadingwind Send a message via MSN to fadingwind Send a message via Yahoo to fadingwind
The movie wasn't that bad at all, I must say. Before I watched it, I read a lot about it. A lot of people told me that they were really confused and were just like 'WTF!?' when they watched it, so I thought I shouldn't expect much. But I got so much more than I expected. It was quite good in the way that Ed and Al came to our world and were sealed off from theirs forever. I don't mind this sort of not-so-happy ending. I never really loved happy endings, really, so this sort of ending suited me in the way it made my heart ache for the ones they left behind in their own world. It was just so sad and it makes me tear up just thinking about it, and that's why I love it.

But I still liked the movie because it was just so FMA. It was what it should be like, its feeling was exactly the same. It had been such a long time since the series ended, and when I watched the movie it was good to feel FMA again, and I was happy, because that's the feeling that makes FMA win over any other anime series. That's why it's my favourite and always will be. Because of that unique deep feeling that it gives me. The music was part of it. I've always loved the music of FMA. Whenever I listen to an FMA song, I love FMA more than ever if that's even possible because the music just touches my heart and makes me smile or cry or my heart beat or whatever it intends to do. I absolutely LOVED 'Lost Heaven'. It's my favourite song now. Everytime I listen to it, I want to cry because it makes me think of how Ed and Al are separated from their world.

Apart from the awesome music, the art and the animation are of a very high quality as well, as always with FMA and its amazing artists. I'd love to say a huge thank you to them for the beautiful art they bring us.

The storyline and plot wasn't bad. It must have been quite hard to squeeze such a big story into less than two hours. I loved the way in which Roy and Ed seemed to work with each other so well. Their attitude towards each other seems to have changed quite a lot, and now there is a lot more respect and trust between them, and they're quite natural together.

The thing I was most disappointed in though, was Riza's lack of appearance. After all those hints in the series, I would have thought there'd be some more Royai to see in the movie too. But no, there wasn't. There was a lot of EdWin though, which, I guess, made up for it. (And in the eyes of a yaoi fangirl like me, the RoyEd hints were the most important thing, really.)

Apart from that, I loved the movie so very much.
fadingwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-09, 13:42   Link #230
hoshino_crimsonwings

I loved the movie, AL looked great in ED's clothes, and I like how they'd live together both human's in the end.
Old 2006-05-10, 18:27   Link #231
GoTz
Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
What's with this fear about people coming through the gate? I mean there isn't any way to open the gate anymore. Envy, Wrath, Gluttony, their dad, are all gone. There was no reason for Ed and Al to go back through the gate.
What are you talking about? The gate remained OPEN the whole time they were at war in their world which is why they could go back through it. If they didn't go back through it to destroy both sides, people could've gone in and out freely.

Anyways, I was pleased with the movie. I loved Wrath in it, he moved up a lot on the "Best Sin" chart for me. I'm glad Lust got a small 3 second appearance as well hehe

Currently Watching:Bleach, Naruto, Vampire Knight, Nabari no Ou, Code Geass 2, Macross Frontier, KGNE, Higurashi,
Kanon 2006,
Top Favorites:Scrapped Princess, Wolf's Rain, Juuni Kokki, Hunter x Hunter, Code Geass, Serei no Moribito, Death Note, Eureka Seven, Claymore
GoTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 20:01   Link #232
Falcor04
Poolhall Junkie

The movie was pretty decent. I only have 2 complaints. One when Ed's dad sacrifices himself for Ed my reaction was like ehhhh.....no...that is dumb. But i can over look that one. But the big thing was how Winry got shafted like no other!!! I mean i enjoy happy endings but if there isnt one then its no biggy in my book. But in this case i just felt soooo sorry for her. My take on it was she was waiting for Ed make the move cause she was willing and waiting for him. But no he was as blind as a bat. lol i just wanted to kick him in the face at the end. I mean come on when is a female mechanic that good looking.
Falcor04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-24, 15:18   Link #233
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Just got time to watch it.....
I'm always afraid when some movie is made from a serie, but I must admit this one is probably the best.

Spoiler:
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 10:17   Link #234
mph030

Thumbs down

The movie blew, end of story.

Soooooo many plot holes, and I hated the way most of the characters were portrayed post-anime. The ending left me and my roomate who was watching it with me give each other huge "WTF!?" looks. Then we started pounding bud lights and tequila shots to dull the pain.

@%!#@^$#@&%#. Please please tell me there is an OVA or something that can bring closure to this great anime, because that didn't work out at ALL.
mph030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 18:41   Link #235
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
after just watching the move im kinda pissed off...hell why did they do that? why couldnt it have been a happy ending? the movie did put a solid nail the coffin of FMA and its not gona have any more ova cause it is soo complete now godammit really wanted things to turn out happy since the last eps of the anime series...but this movie made me so frustrated in the end...poor winry

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 01:43   Link #236
mph030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
after just watching the move im kinda pissed off...hell why did they do that? why couldnt it have been a happy ending? the movie did put a solid nail the coffin of FMA and its not gona have any more ova cause it is soo complete now godammit really wanted things to turn out happy since the last eps of the anime series...but this movie made me so frustrated in the end...poor winry
Being an Edo/Win fan, I do agree...Winry got the shaft hardcore.

But Ed/Roze fans can rejoice; hurrah for Alt!Roze in the the form of Noa.
-_-

D-bag writers.

I'm still pissed off about the character representation though.

Anyone else find that Alt!Hughes was a econ. size douche? Cause I did.

Bah. I dun wanna talk about this movie anymore. It just makes me more and more saddened that a great anime once again spiraled into a horrible ending. I've seen too many good animes do this same thing *coughEVAcough*

EDIT: Anyone speak Japanese fairly fluently? I want to insult the writers of the movie. :P

(of course this a joke. The movie was very well animated and well produced. I just sense that the writing part of the movie was hurried, as there STILL are numerous plot holes..as was previously said in a previous post of mine)

Last edited by mph030; 2006-06-30 at 01:55.
mph030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 22:46   Link #237
randomlyanonymous

WHY? Why did they not just continue the series instead of make a movie? Was it an attempt to make money...better not have. I felt that the movie's plot was rushed and the out of place. Why was everything so abrupt?

COuldn't the animators just have continued the series and more thoroughly explain everything. The movie did tie some lose ends but just sort of left a unsatisfied feeling after. Even the ending of the movie was abrupt. It ended more liek an episode than a movie. Hopefully there's another sequel.

Seeing this ending makes me definetely want to read the manga, hoping that manga will make up for this not-so-impressive one.

Why didn't they just continue the series? So much potential, there's so many anime that continue on past 100 episodes that don't even compare the richness and complex plot of FMA. The series moved fast yes, but for the most part, the plot was revealed bit by bit, complicating the story as it progressed. The last few episodes and the movie itself felt rushed, everything was just throw at you, not sufficient time was given to revelations to sink in and to appreciate the climax of the story. yes this would be climax, the last few episodes, with the showdown with the humonculi. Then it would make sense that more time than just 10 minutes would be given to give closure to the show. The movie went on on a whole new tangent that could have continued the FMA series for at least another season.

I'm not really angry about the whole Winry left out thing. It was that they never gave closure to her life in the Alchemist world. Actually alot of characteres weren't giving closure.

Such a great series...I hate regrets, Let's just move on shall we?
randomlyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 03:23   Link #238
casell

Mmmm......
I just hoping that there'll be a sequel.
I don't think that the movie bad, it has a great music, good story, awesome effects, but the ending was... sad. I'm very dissapointed. It's said that the equivalnt trade let them lost their world, but they gained peace. Nah, what peace? I don't think the other world is a peace-being world.
Yeah, it's rational to say that there must be an alchemist on the other world to close the gate, but, must it? Why don't they let the gate be the gate. Opened.

The ending a little weird.
casell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 14:57   Link #239
ShadowCloud62
Melissa...

*stares*

*blinks*

All right, I'm gonna be nice here...

I'll admit, the ending wasn't all that good, with Winry getting the shaft and all. I am a one hundred percent Ed/Win supporter, but I'm more of a basic FMA fan. The movie's ending was what I'd like to call bittersweet, sort of happy, sort of sad. Kind of like episode 51. Yes, Alphonse got his body back, but Ed is on the other side of the gate. Movie: Ed and Al reunite--Winry gets the shaft. However, as much as I would've loved to see a happy ending, it just wouldn't fit, especially not in FMA. Equivalent exchange in action...

...So, I'm saying the movie was good. Solid nail in the coffin, to tell you the truth, I'm satisfied.

I have more comments, but I don't want to make this post as long as hell. So I'm gonna leave now.
ShadowCloud62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 17:44   Link #240
Gaara.
Only God can Judge me

Send a message via ICQ to Gaara. Send a message via MSN to Gaara.
Eh....I hate the ending.
Spoiler:
Gaara. is offline   Reply With Quote