Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-05-08, 01:02   Link #1
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
What do you want to be remembered for?

I was pondering about this topic with my brother, arguing about, "if possible" what you would like to contribute to the world? A piece of technology, a cure, a great novel, a great animation, a world record hitting song, a new uphitting business?

While ya are pondering, who else should be noticed for those who aren't in the textbooks? This can range from anything. Toilet papers to casserole.

I'll make a general list of people/things who usually makes the list. (guess u'll add on to those who wants to add to the list too)
  • War Leaders (This includes kings and queens too)
  • Scientist (ex. Oppenheimer)
  • Sports Celebrities and regulars (ex. Hollywood), Beckham)
  • Murders (ex. Cho)
  • Artists (Visual art / and Musical art)
  • Filthy Rich folks ^^ (this doesn't include celebs, even though they are)
  • First to do this and that (ex. First to get shot in space, stuff like that)
  • World record holder

For me, I think i would like to contribute a piece of technology ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 01:36   Link #2
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Once upon a time, I wanted to be the person who finds the answer to life and everything in the universe. Then I realised that someone has already beat me to it.

Needless to say, that pissed me off somewhat. But I'm older now, and....what do I want to be remembered for?

Hopefully, a great husband and a cool Dad.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 10:26   Link #3
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
As a great Japanese/Spanish/English translator, plus a writer if I can become such a thing someday.

And I'd also love to write some essays on my view of the world (philosophy, some people call it) sometime in the future, if I figure out how the hell do I view the world in the first place .

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 10:50   Link #4
Lost

I don't want to be remembered for anything great. Really, what's the use? I could want to become world famous for inventing or discovering something, or being a star in a particular sport, but then my family/personal life could well be in shambles. Like TRL, just being remembered well by the people I love around me, being remembered as a great, loyal friend and a loving, responsible family-man would be more than enough for me.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 10:59   Link #5
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
I second Tiny Red Leaf and Lost, being remembered by my friends and family will be more than enough.
I fail to see the use of being written down in history books as someone "special". In the end I'll be just as dead as everybody else. No high aspirations for me.
Old 2007-05-08, 11:03   Link #6
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I don't know either. I have no desire to be remembered for something
Old 2007-05-08, 19:32   Link #7
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueti View Post
I second Tiny Red Leaf and Lost, being remembered by my friends and family will be more than enough.
I fail to see the use of being written down in history books as someone "special". In the end I'll be just as dead as everybody else. No high aspirations for me.
Same here. I always question people who want to be remembered in history books. o_0 I guess they want fame and prestige even in death? It's not such a bad thing but I see no point to it.

When I die, I don't care if others remember me. I'll be gone; caring about what Bob/Skeeter/Maria remembered about me is pointless. I live for the day.
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 19:40   Link #8
ibreatheanime

I don't care if people remeber me, but I want to live an extrodanary life, even if noone notices. Why does it matter if your in a history book??
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 21:20   Link #9
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I wouldn't mind being remembered for being a designer on some spacecraft that did something fantastic. Since I'm studying to be an aerospace engineer, that would probably be the best thing for me.

Otherwise, I don't really care if I'm remembered or not.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 21:33   Link #10
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

It's not about being recognized in history books (that's an over-simplification of it). What I want is to achieve something. And when you achieve something, you're bound to cause an effect on the people surrounding you. That's how "remembering" works for me. If you don't want that, then you don't want to achieve anything. If you can't strive for anything, if you have no goals, if you wander aimlessly in life, well then, that's up to you.

Old 2007-05-08, 21:42   Link #11
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
It's not about being recognized in history books (that's an over-simplification of it). What I want is to achieve something. And when you achieve something, you're bound to cause an effect on the people surrounding you. That's how "remembering" works for me. If you don't want that, then you don't want to achieve anything. If you can't strive for anything, if you have no goals, if you wander aimlessly in life, well then, that's up to you.
Right on. I'll tell you why I would want to be in a history book: not for the sake of having my name written, but for having it associated with something great, and having shown what people are capable of. I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't always gloss over the names of people in science and history books - I'd take interest in them, and marvel at their achievements. It's an inspiration. Inspiring the next generation to do something wonderful and not accept things as they are would be another huge achievement in itself, and a great benefit to humanity.
Old 2007-05-08, 21:49   Link #12
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I agree that having goals is important and wanting to achieve something for yourself is great. However, there are people who want to accomplish things without wanting to be remembered by people. For example, I would like to be an attorney. I'd like to help people along the way and couldn't care less if they remembered me. On the other hand, I will remember them and any joyful expressions they had if I had helped them properly.

Striving for more doesn't have to come from wanting to be remembered; it can come from other sources as well.
Wosho128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 22:15   Link #13
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Well, those are different opinions, I guess. I believe there's no human being that can't think of the effect he or she has in other people. In remembering their joyful expressions, you remember that you caused an effect on them and thus, even if only a little, they remember you. You don't have to take the meaning of the word too literally.

Old 2007-05-08, 23:09   Link #14
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I only used the phrase "in the textbooks" as an example. I feel that many of you guys/gals feel that it's not necessary to me remembered but rather just to feel at ease and happiness. Even though family life is quite necessary, contributing something to mankind can ease the suffering for people around the world, even if it's a tiny bit. If some how you developed a cure for cancer, you might even feel in the inside, that you saved someones life or helped someone. For me, when I get thanks for a task I do for a person, I feel deep inside very self pleased.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 23:27   Link #15
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Knowing more random trivia topics covering the broadest array of subjects, than anybody else in history.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 23:48   Link #16
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
well i already have 1 kid so i dont think ill be forgotten that easily...
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 05:46   Link #17
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

I would want to be known as a war hero, and possibly the storymaker of a legendary anime.
Old 2007-05-09, 05:49   Link #18
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Being remmemebered is too troublesome.
----------------------------------------
And I don't really care..

Aoie.. cure for cancer?.. lol.. that's so cliche.
So who invented the cure for the common cold?! hmm?!.. yah we all sure rememeber people don't we.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
For me, when I get thanks for a task I do for a person, I feel deep inside very self pleased.
Wish I was more like you..
I don't do tasks for people, but just help them, and I never feel any of this self please stuff you mention. Yet, even so I don't think twise about helping someone else. Why?! because I'm self determined to be a better person then I actually am.. To be honest with you, I don't care if other people forget me, all I want is for me to remmeber myself.
Old 2007-05-09, 06:01   Link #19
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Being remmemebered is too troublesome.
----------------------------------------
And I don't really care..

Aoie.. cure for cancer?.. lol.. that's so cliche.
So who invented the cure for the common cold?! hmm?!.. yah we all sure rememeber people don't we.Wish I was more like you..
I don't do tasks for people, but just help them, and I never feel any of this self please stuff you mention. Yet, even so I don't think twise about helping someone else. Why?! because I'm self determined to be a better person then I actually am.. To be honest with you, I don't care if other people forget me, all I want is for me to remmeber myself.
I feel the same way.
as long as I can be happy with myself the way I am then I will remember who I am and what kind of person I was.
and when I finally can achieve this feeling for myself, then maybe the other people around me also will remember me for that.

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 08:40   Link #20
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Ohhh I dunno... I don't even know what I want to do when I'm older. I'll probably decide once I "get out there".
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote