AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 60 45.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 19.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 6.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-08, 01:14   Link #61
Lumine
Band Army Member

For a second I was really hoping for some Clannad sex at the end. (You know what I mean)
Old 2010-11-08, 01:19   Link #62
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumine View Post
For a second I was really hoping for some Clannad sex at the end. (You know what I mean)
This episode did have a bit of a Clannad feel to it, to be sure.
Old 2010-11-08, 01:21   Link #63
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I lost it when Kyousuke said that he'll show minami his "hyper-weapon" - Sengoku Rance reference.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2010-11-08 at 07:02.
Old 2010-11-08, 01:25   Link #64
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Kirino is adorable when she's pouting, especially when she's not opening her mouth lol
Old 2010-11-08, 01:32   Link #65
Lumine
Band Army Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This episode did have a bit of a Clannad feel to it, to be sure.
Too bad the episode didn't end with them holding hands

Last edited by Lumine; 2010-11-08 at 01:47.
Old 2010-11-08, 01:50   Link #66
Bordix

A much needed rest for our beloved Kyousuke. Seriously, I never would have thought there would be an episode where he doesn't get clobbered.

This was a relaxing and heartwarming episode, courtesy of Manami and her family. Man I could listen to her blabber about normal things and not get tired of it. The constant teasing between Manami and Kyousuke was also damn hilarious.
Old 2010-11-08, 02:15   Link #67
Mentar
Banned

Ah well...

This episode was very much exactly like Manami: Soothing, relaxing, sweet... and exceptionally boring ^_^;

Now don't get me wrong - there's absolutely nothing wrong with liking Manami, or even preferring her to the other girls. But it feels like an entirely different show. Solid Slice-of-life, cutesy fluff, wrapped up in a gentle and warm no-worries-in-the-world atmosphere. Which is exactly why it was added, since it works as a counterweight, to balance things out.

Likewise, my only mild chuckle not related to Kirino was the "go into the bath together" joke. The rest just felt like plain miso soup to me. Kyousuke, here what you see is what you get. And as cruel as it sounds, as laid back as you are, is that what you really want in the end? (If I were in his shoes, I don't think it would)
Old 2010-11-08, 02:18   Link #68
Cream

10/10
Definintely a supporter of kyouxmanami.
Best episode come to date , Hopefully they give more episodes like this. Shit, Kirino was getting boring anyways
Old 2010-11-08, 02:29   Link #69
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Ah well...

This episode was very much exactly like Manami: Soothing, relaxing, sweet... and exceptionally boring ^_^;

Now don't get me wrong - there's absolutely nothing wrong with liking Manami, or even preferring her to the other girls. But it feels like an entirely different show. Solid Slice-of-life, cutesy fluff, wrapped up in a gentle and warm no-worries-in-the-world atmosphere. Which is exactly why it was added, since it works as a counterweight, to balance things out.

Likewise, my only mild chuckle not related to Kirino was the "go into the bath together" joke. The rest just felt like plain miso soup to me. Kyousuke, here what you see is what you get. And as cruel as it sounds, as laid back as you are, is that what you really want in the end? (If I were in his shoes, I don't think it would)
As opposed to what, though?

I'm just curious as to which pairing involving Kyousuke that you might be supportive of.

Of the three most probable options (incest, Ayase who is yandere for his sister, and Manami), Manami does currently strike me as the best choice. I mean, the choice with by far the fewest headaches attached.

Also, while Manami herself is pretty vanilla ("exceptionally boring" is a bit harsh, if you ask me), her family is rather funny. You honestly never found any of their antics humorous? I personally found Manami's grandfather and his unusual antics to be quite funny.

Honesty, if I was Kyousuke, I'd be leaning towards Manami myself. She might not be terribly entertaining, but she has a lot of positives, and her family would be amusing enough.
Old 2010-11-08, 02:30   Link #70
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Here's what really struck me: just how much more appreciated Kyousuke is in the Tamura home than his own.
Very good point indeed. The difference is staggering.

Quote:
Is he really clueless about Manami's affection, and is it reciprocated? Too early to say.
I don't think it's too early to say. He does know about Manami's affection, and he feels very much relaxed and at home about it. However, to put it bluntly, he doesn't feel romantic love towards her. Laid-back as he is, he will go along with everything, and he even feels a bit possessive towards her, but Manami's biggest fault - if you can call it that - is that she's clearly committed and "always available". Kyousuke is taking her for granted, and he doesn't feel at all that he might have to do something on his own about her. This MIGHT change if Manami might begin to drift away one day (unlikely, since she's trying her hardest not to), or if she ever put some kind of ultimatum on him (she wouldn't do that either), but until then, nothing will happen.

This would be a classic marriage between good friends, no lovers. Which might actually work pretty well... but an important element is missing for my taste.
Old 2010-11-08, 02:37   Link #71
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As opposed to what, though?

I'm just curious as to which pairing involving Kyousuke that you might be supportive of.
At the moment, none. There is no relationship which has developed to a point where I might consider myself a "shipper" or actively root for someone. Which in itself is unusual.

Quote:
Of the three most probable options (incest, Ayase who is yandere for his sister, and Manami), Manami does currently strike me as the best choice. I mean, the choice with by far the fewest headaches attached.
True, but is this enough? Are you going to settle down with your best friend without any trace of romantic love, based on convenience? Simply because you're used to it? It's a perfectly valid choice to say "yes" and go ahead, but I honestly don't feel like it. At the very least, not before Kyousuke, after being put through enough ordeals from the other girls, begins to APPRECIATE Manami. This is lacking here.

By the way, I consider Saori and Kuroneko to be potentials, too.

Quote:
Also, while Manami herself is pretty vanilla ("exceptionally boring" is a bit harsh, if you ask me), her family is rather funny. You honestly never found any of their antics humorous? I personally found Manami's grandfather and his unusual antics to be quite funny.
I didn't intend to be demeaning towards Manami. So okay, let's settle on "bland vanilla pudding". There are characters who are annoying and/or exciting. Manami is the exact opposite of it.
Old 2010-11-08, 02:55   Link #72
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
True, but is this enough? Are you going to settle down with your best friend without any trace of romantic love, based on convenience? Simply because you're used to it?
I know what you mean. There's no, well, lust here. At least not coming from Kyousuke's side (Manami showed some hints of it). "Sparks flying" is the one key ingredient that Kyousuke/Manami is lacking. Since Manami was pretty eager in this episode, I was a bit disappointed that Kyousuke wasn't more tempted by the idea, at least.
Old 2010-11-08, 02:57   Link #73
zero7090

1/10 ep for impotent protagonist .
Old 2010-11-08, 03:17   Link #74
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Oh Manami, such a sweet girl. Just marry her Kyousuke, she'll make a great wife and her family are a fun bunch especially the grandpa. More Manami and less Kirino makes this an awesome episode for me.

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Old 2010-11-08, 03:37   Link #75
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
...Personally I thought it came across very strongly to me that they have already come to a quiet, unspoken understanding that they will always be together- and therefor probably marry.
Kyou-chan said he would refuse a confession because he liked a peaceful life, and a household like this one was more than enough for him. Then Manami said they had a long way to go. He replied that she sounded like a Grandma, then she said he sounded like a Grandpa. The prospect of them spending 60 years sleeping side-by-side didn't seem to displease him. He even invited her over to his house.

Now, the prospect of her spending the night in the same house with his excitable and aggressive sister and father seems either impossible or dangerous, so we will see. But at the moment, I think it is dawning on him that he would like a life with Manami. His reaction to her legs ahead of him on the stairs indicated that he was starting to realize she was a woman. And his joke about the bath had something in it, perhaps. I think lust will develop quickly, and actual love is already lurking just beneath the surface.

In other words, I have hope. In any case, I see little chance of incest in this show, just improving relations between sister and brother.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-11-08, 04:09   Link #76
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think lust will develop quickly, and actual love is already lurking just beneath the surface.
Really?

On the question whether or not they're going out, he didn't even hesitate to say no. On Manami's cue that he might be excited to sleep in the room of another girl, he replied "why would I be excited here"? Or from an earlier episode, when she was offering him a lap pillow (looking as if she were offering a kiss), he replied "What the heck are you doing?"

That's the problem, I don't see any _love_ hidden beneath the surface, in fact it's the opposite: He's almost completely apathetic to Manami's innuendos. If anything, he likes about Manami that she doesn't excite him at all. "Lust" is not the real issue here, IMHO, since Lust is something oblivious and shallow which is easily created even with people you absolutely don't spend your life with. It's _romance_ which matters, the feeling that the other one is special and dear, and that you actively be close and together. And Kyousuke so doesn't feel that.

We have another asymmetrical relationship here, at least at the moment: In certain aspects, Manami is to Kyousuke what Kyousuke is to Kirino. Taken for granted. Underappreciated. So, if there is any real love under the surface, then it's not much. At least, so far.
Old 2010-11-08, 04:59   Link #77
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

http://www.kakeracomplex.com/blog/?p=344

To summarise, I enjoyed the episode for what it was, a peaceful filler. But while watching the episode it dawned on me how Kyosuke's relationships with Kirino and Manami contrast with each other, and I can see how Kirino would be jealous of what they share.
Old 2010-11-08, 05:20   Link #78
Kamonichan

I agree with the peaceful episode-consensus. It had a very different feel from the rest of the series thus far, and I was glad for it. Surprisingly, Kirino managed to annoy me with what little screen time she had. Mostly because of the service shot when she saw her package. I blame the directors on that one. Still, watching her kick Kyousuke's door was fun.

Manami wins because of her family, but I'd like to see more character development from her. I mean, with her family that filled with eccentricity (grandparents and "Rock"), I wonder how she turned out so "bland vanilla pudding." I mean, in a Kyou-Manami relationship, he should marry her for her, not her family. I don't want a "Mafia Kyousuke," marrying into the family ending. Though, Kyousuke the Mafioso does seem kind of cool, now that I think about it.
Old 2010-11-08, 06:03   Link #79
Seiryuu

Loved this ep. Manami is cute, though she needs to be a little more forward. If you let things stay the way they are, then someone a little more aggressive will take him, even if he would prefer to be bored.

I loved Kirino here too. Especially when she stopped and went back to Kyousuke's room and started kicking the door over and over. Interesting to see her get so jealous that he's spending a night with another girl.

BTW, wasn't that dakimakura a little thin? I thought they were thicker than that. Would have been nice if the father had been home, heard those screams, and run in to find Kirino molesting a Meruru pillow.
Old 2010-11-08, 06:06   Link #80
keroro gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
10/10
Definintely a supporter of kyouxmanami.
Best episode come to date , Hopefully they give more episodes like this. Shit, Kirino was getting boring anyways
I agree with you!! But, I cannnot believe kyousuke & manami was sleeping without makin love

I feel kirino was jealous to manami wasnt she?