AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-11-15, 21:17   Link #641
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
If you just want one specific unit, then at 2.33% base chance, it's still more than double the chance of a regular summon for one particular unit.
12 units on an 8% rate is 0.67% chance per unit, not 2.33%. For reference, 4 units on a 3% rate is 0.75% chance. 3 units on 3% chance (like the Sigurd banner or the current banner) is a 1% chance.

So in exchange for a worse chance at specific units, you have better pity breakers (I'll take a Hector or even Deidre over a Raven or Hawkeye any day). But if you only want one or two specific units like me, this banner is almost useless. I say almost because who knows if Camilla will get another rate up, and even if she does it'll be shared with Spring Chrom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Because man, I am the type of person that actually goes and raises at least one of every Pokemon for competitive battling. And I make sure each one is something only that Pokemon can do. Even Beautifly.
And I do the same for this game... except there are just some units you just cannot make "unique" sets for, unlike most Pokemon, and the meta is even worse than Pokemon. Yeah, thank you, stupid power creep Aira.
A lot of people are denouncing the newer units that have "power creep" in the form of uniheritable weapons/skills, but I'm all for it for this exact reason. For instance, the only thing keeping Alfonse from being worthless is his constant Arena Bonuses. Otherwise, not even counting merge potential, he's strictly inferior to Chrom and Seliph (especially Chrom). Not everyone needs a Prf weapon, but even just a skill keeps them unique. They do need to make some of the unique skills A or C slot though, and not just B slot.

(People can still complain about power creep, but do it for the randomly higher BST or optimized BST, not weapons/skills.)
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-15, 21:38   Link #642
bakato

Mia sounds terrible.
Old 2017-11-16, 01:02   Link #643
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
A lot of people are denouncing the newer units that have "power creep" in the form of uniheritable weapons/skills, but I'm all for it for this exact reason. For instance, the only thing keeping Alfonse from being worthless is his constant Arena Bonuses. Otherwise, not even counting merge potential, he's strictly inferior to Chrom and Seliph (especially Chrom). Not everyone needs a Prf weapon, but even just a skill keeps them unique. They do need to make some of the unique skills A or C slot though, and not just B slot.

(People can still complain about power creep, but do it for the randomly higher BST or optimized BST, not weapons/skills.)
Yeah, Power Creep is one thing, the uninhertable skills is another. Not the same thing, really. Of course, the +stats that happen to be on the weapons is Power Creep. If it wasn't for Aira, people would still be defending the game saying that +stats on weapons are okay and not Power Creep.
To be honest, those skills are more of a "We can't balance this game!... so let's just give it to one person and we have nothing else to worry about!"
I'm neutral on the skills part, personally.

Oh yeah, that also reminds me of another disappointing thing.
We are supposedly at the next chapter of the story (what story?), and the "protagonists" haven't gotten a single ANYTHING since the start of the game. No +1, no new illustrations (despite all of the "events" like Halloween), and now they have a new Spear user as the protagonist.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-16, 06:47   Link #644
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Mia sounds terrible.
It's rather amusing the dub studio went out of its way to get the voice actress Lani Minella to reprise her role from Radiant Dawn which had a REALLY dubious dub.
Old 2017-11-17, 03:02   Link #645
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Here's the roadmap for Nov/Dec:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-11-26 at 17:33. Reason: removing the offtopic
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 06:30   Link #646
GDB

Not sure why they're pretending there isn't going to be a Christmas banner, unless they're combining it with New Years and don't want to give it away. I mean, come on, as if they're going to go with no new banner from the 19th to the 1st?
Old 2017-11-28, 02:52   Link #647
mickbis

new 8% focus rate... now 8.5%
well new book have two chapter plus weapon upgrade one
so I can still pull some gacha
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-28, 09:13   Link #648
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

~180 orbs aiming for Ayra, (Celica), Bridelia and got ... Ike and 2 BLyn. Goddammit.

Aside of that the new weapon upgrades are insane, book 2 chapters are interesting and Fjorm is cute.
Old 2017-11-28, 18:56   Link #649
GDB

More than 200 orbs aiming for Spring Camilla or Brave Lyn and I got... 2 Deidre and 1 Hector. I refuse to spend any more money on this game though outside of a brand new Lyn unit.

Overall most of the changes are whatever to me, with the exception of the healer updates and dragon updates. Both went from either crap or whatever to really freaking good. Lyn Emblem just got much stronger!
Old 2017-11-28, 19:00   Link #650
Galaxian

44 Orbs, got Ayra, Bride Cordelia and my second Ike and "second" Brave Lyn.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-28, 20:32   Link #651
IceHism

3rd brave lyn, 2nd bride Cordelia, 2 hectors, 1 deidre.

all i wanted was celica and spring camilla tho...
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-28, 21:47   Link #652
shadow1296

aimed for spring camilla with 200+ got ike and ayra on summons without green orbs to pull from
Old 2017-11-30, 01:25   Link #653
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, decided to whale this banner just to finish off Hector. So right now I have:

+RES -SPD
+DEF -HP
+RES - HP
+ATK -HP
+SPD -RES
+ATK -DEF
+ATK -HP
+RES -DEF
+ATK -HP
NEUTRAL
+HP -SPD

I personally would have liked +SPD -HP (to prevent doubles against slower units, and naturally double wary fighter armors if under attack) , or +DEF -SPD and rely on bonfire activation to ORKO enemy (really improves his matchup vs Bike since Bike breaks the continuous attack pattern), but alas neither I have.

Thoughts?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 09:08   Link #654
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Got hector , 2 deirdre, and crappy IV bride caeda.... Deirdre just keep haunting me.... I have 4 of her now lol
Old 2017-12-01, 21:20   Link #655
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, I needed 7 hectors (since I had 4 already), and I got 6 SCamillas and 5 Dierdres. Dierdres are fine since its QR3 and RES Ploy, but SCamillas have nothing going for them except giving Live for Honor for each emblem team (so when I do the monthly quests I don't have to use fliers for the dailies). But yeah, 'pity breakers' are worse in this banner than normal.

As for Hector, with the rise of dragons, I think I'm going with +SPD -RES. Being doubled by a dragon is generally bad news (more so than -RES), so with +SPD he avoids the double while he doubles back with Armads. Think I'm also going to cheese with Windsweep + Phantom speed 3, and in conjunction with my Sheena who inherited also Goad Armor, anything below 46 SPD don't trigger counters. Sure no Vantage, but I find Vantage more of a defense team skill more than anything, and I theorize it's worth less than a free hit here and there.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-02, 08:51   Link #656
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I wonder if there will be another Lyn Variant before new year.... I want to try for Spring Camilla for Sawashiro voice, but I'm really scared of Christmast Lyn or New Year Lyn coming out....
Old 2017-12-02, 11:24   Link #657
GDB

Christmas is almost 100% going to be Male Robin, Tharja, and 2 Fates units (one of which is almost guaranteed to be Male Corrin).

With them releasing the Christmas banner so late (19th) and generally running them for a month now, I almost think the Fates units on the banner will represent New Years while Awakening will represent Christmas.

I'm still hopeful for a Green Mage Lyn, though.
Old 2017-12-03, 05:29   Link #658
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

New Year is big thing in Japan though unlike Christmas where you don't even get a holiday so there might be 1 or 2 special celebration with special unit for it. Anyway, can't hold off the urge to roll, so I tried for Spring Camilla only to be rewarded with good iv Cecilia Oh well, time to stock up some orbs for next lyn variant.
Old 2017-12-03, 10:47   Link #659
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Got enough for a last few rolls. Despite heavily targeting red only managed to get Ike who I don't even like. Colorless has been slightly better with 2 BLyn and a -atk Bridelia. 4 units in about ~250 orbs. Good banner, terrible luck.
Old 2017-12-03, 14:45   Link #660
Galaxian

Is it worth it to keep trying to pull Fjorm from the Legendary banner? Or is her free unit good enough?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire emblem, mobile game, nintendo, turn-based strategy