AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-15, 22:00   Link #21
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

SE better let us save aeris this time around... so **** off my waifu, Sephiroth!

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 22:05   Link #22
Xacual

I can't see single reason to be excited over this. I can't trust current SE to remake the game decently and to be honest FF7 was never even close to being one of my favorite FF games before I stopped playing them as they came out. I think everyone is getting way too excited over nothing here.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 22:05   Link #23
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Inb4 save Aerith route for dlc

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 22:07   Link #24
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
If they do that, it will just show how pathetic of a remake it actually is.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2015-06-15, 22:12   Link #25
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I can't see single reason to be excited over this. I can't trust current SE to remake the game decently and to be honest FF7 was never even close to being one of my favorite FF games before I stopped playing them as they came out. I think everyone is getting way too excited over nothing here.
Agree, don't trust Nomura at all.
Old 2015-06-15, 22:12   Link #26
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I wonder why?
Old 2015-06-15, 22:14   Link #27
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
If done right, I'd be one of the tools who'd get it. But only if it's done right. Like the actual course of the story would have to completely change to support the event. Which means new cutscenes/events, new dialogue, new ending, (new optional quests even)? But that's definitely not happening. At best, we might get a way to bring her back into the party for battles only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post

I wonder why?
Is that for real? lol
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 22:14   Link #28
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
There are some people who are so salty this one's getting remade and not FFIX.
I'm hoping that, if this (and possibly other remakes) becomes a success, they may eventually get to remaking FFIX. In the meantime, I still have my PS1 FFIX discs in fully working order.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 22:16   Link #29
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I'm hoping that, if this (and possibly other remakes) becomes a success, they may eventually get to remaking FFIX. In the meantime, I still have my PS1 FFIX discs in fully working order.
Do we really want the current Square to touch godly game like FFIX?
Old 2015-06-15, 22:19   Link #30
Galaxian

Quote:
I agree. FFIX is actually my favorite game and I've always felt it was under-appreciated. It would love it if it got another chance to shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
The remakes does not change your memories of the game, so I see no point in being against them.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 22:20   Link #31
monster

Quote:
Considering it's still my favorite FF title, I'm going to risk it. I'll even buy a PS4 (or whatever is the current Sony console at the time) if that's what it takes.
Old 2015-06-15, 22:21   Link #32
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
inb4 all dem Aeris fans.

Tifa Lockhart is the best girl.

I'll get to set the Cloti ship sailing again, yay!
Luckily they have actually confirmed that Cloti is canon.
Old 2015-06-15, 22:22   Link #33
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Is that for real? lol
Yep lol

https://www.google.com/finance?cid=679777
Old 2015-06-15, 22:23   Link #34
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Because there is no denying that the game is a fan favorite even if your not personally fond of it. It also has most of the creative key staff and minds behind the original gameplay and concepts. So frankly short of Kitase directing it himself again you couldn't ask for a better outcome. Regardless of how you currently feel a about SE the remake itself couldn't be in better hands. So thee are plenty of reasons to look forward to it.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 22:25   Link #35
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I agree. FFIX is actually my favorite game and I've always felt it was under-appreciated. It would love it if it got another chance to shine.

The remakes does not change your memories of the game, so I see no point in being against them.
FFIX is my favorite FF and one of my favorite game so there is a side of me that wants FF9 remake.
But ask Star Wars fan if they liked the new versions of the movie, that is one of the reason I do not want a remake.

Quote:
Considering it's still my favorite FF title, I'm going to risk it. I'll even buy a PS4 (or whatever is the current Sony console at the time) if that's what it takes.
Interesting enough, Square seems to be focusing on PC as well so I have a feeling that PS4 is not needed.
Old 2015-06-15, 22:28   Link #36
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I agree. They have Crisis Core, Before Crisis, they verified who Cloud loved more as well, they could add stuff to better lead into Advent Children.

Can't wait to see Tifa's character model for the game.
This is such a big reason for me. They have such a better grasp of the overall story and universe now. They've really developed the cast and the universe more and can better connect FF7 to those games and movies now that they can remake it. There are a couple things I'd so love to see them change (not the Aerith bit, more to do with Zack's parents) and who knows maybe they can cover that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Welp, looks like I'll be playing FFVII for the first time. The modernization should make it much more enjoyable for me personally.~

There are some people who are so salty this one's getting remade and not FFIX.
People are odd. They should just be happy this is happening. It opens the doors for others going forward. Though personally if they do any additional super remakes...it's gotta be FF6 before FF9 .
Old 2015-06-15, 22:29   Link #37
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Because there is no denying that the game is a fan favorite even if your not personally fond of it. It also has most of the creative key staff and minds behind the original gameplay and concepts. So frankly short of Kitase directing it himself again you couldn't ask for a better outcome. Regardless of how you currently feel a about SE the remake itself couldn't be in better hands. So thee are plenty of reasons to look forward to it.
Just because it's in the "best possible hands" doesn't really mean anything. SE is nothing like the company it was 17 years ago when they made FF7.

I just think people shouldn't hype themselves up until we actually get more details. It's just a recipe for disappointment when it turns out the remake won't be anything like the original if it happens.

Old 2015-06-15, 22:30   Link #38
Galaxian

Quote:
FFIX is my favorite FF and one of my favorite game so there is a side of me that wants FF9 remake.
But ask Star Wars fan if they liked the new versions of the movie, that is one of the reason I do not want a remake.
First off, Remake =/= Sequel/Prequel. Second, just because Eps 1-3 were not great, doesn't mean that all that was added to the Star War franchise since then was bad. A lot of the comics, books, and video games were great.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-15, 22:33   Link #39
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
First off, Remake =/= Sequel/Prequel. Second, just because Eps 1-3 were not great, doesn't mean that all that was added to the Star War franchise since then was bad. A lot of the comics, books, and video games were great.
I was talking about Star Wars special edition, not the prequels.
Old 2015-06-15, 22:34   Link #40
monster

Quote:
Well, that's why we have FFVII taking the lead. We'll see how that goes.
Quote:
Interesting enough, Square seems to be focusing on PC as well so I have a feeling that PS4 is not needed.
Probably, but I prefer playing on the console myself (or, at least, with a controller, not keyboard and mouse).

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg