AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-04-05, 11:14   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1046 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's that time again! Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Raizou". In the ministory, two "intruders" (most likely Reiju and Judge) step foot in Pudding's Chocolate Town!

-Kaidou, curiously enough, asks Luffy just who exactly he is. The rubber man simply says he's Monkey D. Luffy, the future Pirate King! Around the same time he gives his answer, Zunisha voices his excitement over Joy Boy's return. Interestingly, Kaidou says that awakening a Devil Fruit involves getting both one's mind AND body to "catch up" with the ability. As the two continue their battle, Kaidou notes the fire engulfing the castle, but Luffy isn't worried, as he has faith that the others can take care of it.... his only duty is to take down the emperor.

-In the castle, we get various updates on the Straw-Hats and other allies. In particular, we cut to the ninja Raizou.... who's teamed up with Jinbei. As it turned out, he found out a way to put out the flames! It's an idea he had in mind ever since that fateful day he lost his masters, Oden and Toki. Using his ninja arts, he stored water from Zou into his scroll, and, with Jinbei's help, is manipulating it to extinguish the inferno!

-Back on the roof, Yamato tells Momo to continue making flame clouds that can support Onigashima! Since Kaidou is reaching his limit, it's only a matter of time until the island falls into the mainland....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-04-07 at 10:56.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-05, 17:01   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm going to laugh hard when Raizo inadvertently saves Orochi's life.
Old 2022-04-06, 08:54   Link #3
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

why do we have this storyline on Raizou putting out the flames when Zunesha is literally right there?

no need to cut the tension of the main fight for this.
Old 2022-04-07, 01:26   Link #4
Hoodspirit

Overall it was good chapter.

Cover story is still very interesting.

Oda relativised Zunisha's Joyboy comment from a few chapters ago.
Now we only need more info on the will of devil fruits to keep Luffy's name in the clear.

We got a first hint on how to awaken a devil fruit.

Made progress on the fire plotline,
!we got to see all straw hats in a single chapter!,
and got a reminder on the final task of the raid.

Last edited by Hoodspirit; 2022-04-07 at 13:27.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-07, 11:03   Link #5
marvelB

Alrighty, OP updated! Hm, curious hint there Kaidou gave about DF awakening. Speaking of, I still think there's a good chance that he'll be an awakened user, as well.... it would be very odd for the only established awakened Zoans to be those borderline fodder jailers from Impel Down. No, something's gotta give....

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
why do we have this storyline on Raizou putting out the flames when Zunesha is literally right there?

no need to cut the tension of the main fight for this.
Well, in a sense, Zunisha WAS responsible for putting out the fire! It was pretty cool for Raizou and Jinbei to team up like that, IMO. Though, as Kanon noted earlier, hopefully they don't end up saving Orochi in the process....
Old 2022-04-07, 18:07   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Luffy seems to have gotten his awakening under control, as he's no longer laughing uncontrollably and his mind is clear. It seems like Kaido thought he might have been swallowed up like those Impel Down guards.
Old 2022-04-07, 19:00   Link #7
itachi-san314

Yea, Oda made sure to start clearing stuff up in the beginning of this chapter.

The Luffy Kaido fight had some great panels. I would have preferred Zunisha put the fire out himself, but this Raizo Jinbei combo was cool as well, if a little unnecessary. I'm not a fan of how Nami got nerfed this arc. She should have been able to create some kind of storm to help with the fire. Oda just made a tiny drawing of Zeus saying that he's useless lol
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-07, 19:12   Link #8
cyberdemon

Did Luffy just grab lightning in that last image?
Old 2022-04-07, 20:41   Link #9
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Did Luffy just grab lightning in that last image?
In a world where Geppo exists, I don't see why not, especially after awakening and considering his immunity to ligtning.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-07, 21:31   Link #10
devilo96

it will be interesting...if luffy use his imagination to become a god of thunder like enel
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-07, 22:33   Link #11
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Luffy seems to have gotten his awakening under control, as he's no longer laughing uncontrollably and his mind is clear.
Good, because I really wasn't a fan of it. Luffy's fight have always have their goofy moments, but he always took them seriously.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-08, 08:18   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Good, because I really wasn't a fan of it. Luffy's fight have always have their goofy moments, but he always took them seriously.
Honestly, the constant laughing creeped me out. He no longer has the crazed look in his eyes either. The fight is still a bit goofy (Luffy grabbing his crotch à la Michael Jackson to stretch his legs was hilarious) but ever since he lost steam last week and had to reenter Gear 5, Luffy seems to have gone back to normal.

I've been wondering for the longest time, but where the fuck is Denjiro? He hasn't been in a single panel in forever. I thought he was going to help Hiyori, but she carried her revenge on her own. Although I definitely think the water will save Orochi, so maybe he'll rescue her then. Regardless, you have to wonder what he's been doing during all this time.
Old 2022-04-08, 12:13   Link #13
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Honestly, the constant laughing creeped me out. He no longer has the crazed look in his eyes either. The fight is still a bit goofy (Luffy grabbing his crotch à la Michael Jackson to stretch his legs was hilarious) but ever since he lost steam last week and had to reenter Gear 5, Luffy seems to have gone back to normal.
Don't really mind Luffy doing goofy moves. the Gum Gum Chomp against Crocodile and the first half of the fight against Enel are personal favorites, it was his demeanor every since awakening that I had issues with.

Also, the gag of their eyes popping out got old really quick for me.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-08, 13:55   Link #14
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, in a sense, Zunisha WAS responsible for putting out the fire! It was pretty cool for Raizou and Jinbei to team up like that, IMO. Though, as Kanon noted earlier, hopefully they don't end up saving Orochi in the process....
I’m thinking Orochi would instead drown from all that water.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-08, 13:55   Link #15
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Don't really mind Luffy doing goofy moves. the Gum Gum Chomp against Crocodile and the first half of the fight against Enel are personal favorites, it was his demeanor every since awakening that I had issues with.

Also, the gag of their eyes popping out got old really quick for me.

It's like I said in the last chapter thread.... Gear 5 is an evolution of sorts of all those goofy techniques Luffy used in the past. But that doesn't mean his fights are going to stay consistently wacky and zany from now on. I trust that 25 years into the story Oda would be wise enough by now to know how to keep a good balance between comedy and drama.
Old 2022-04-15, 09:19   Link #16
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

This week we have another Dr. Stone version of Enies Lobby featuring Califa vs Nami
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote