AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 242 59.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 109 26.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 6.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 3.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.74%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.49%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.25%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.49%
Voters: 407. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-14, 22:29   Link #1061
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Politics? If youīve ever seen a thread which Iīve been active in you ought to know that I pretty much donīt do anything that is real life serious in here. But if it makes you feel better.

"I root for Europe cause they have the hottest army babe and you know also that other dude was cool but uh, he died so uh. Ah, well, theyīve got the hot babe! "

Or you could interpret my post as such that I donīt really like the characters... I like the plot of the show but the characters. They donīt have that much appeal to me, I just canīt feel that which I usually feel which makes me "love or hate" a character. Which was what I was aiming at with my post.
And you are not even active much lately, you lazy bastard

Last Hope and serious dont clicked lately
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 14:26   Link #1062
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
And you are not even active much lately, you lazy bastard

Last Hope and serious dont clicked lately
Thatīs actually not my fault, cause my pc didnīt think it was a good idea to start when you pressed the start button so I had to persuade it. (Violence is the shit when it comes to dealing with new technology)

Has any Gundam show killed off so many named and more or less important (characters with more screentime than the episode they die in) so early in the show? I canīt remember that anyone has done so.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 17:24   Link #1063
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Thatīs actually not my fault, cause my pc didnīt think it was a good idea to start when you pressed the start button so I had to persuade it. (Violence is the shit when it comes to dealing with new technology)

Has any Gundam show killed off so many named and more or less important (characters with more screentime than the episode they die in) so early in the show? I canīt remember that anyone has done so.

Victory and Zeta would be comparable this early...
Old 2008-04-15, 20:35   Link #1064
brightman
Ancient Member

Uhh... If they count, 0080 and 0083...

If not, I second Zeta and Victory, though it might be nice to do an actual count... Since if the criteria holds (named character, screentime in actual death episode less than the screentime in the rest of the show) , I think 00 might still come out top...
Old 2008-04-15, 21:21   Link #1065
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Gundam 00 is not the first Gundam series to kill many off early. Victory did a good job killing off people early.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 21:51   Link #1066
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Gundam 00 is not the first Gundam series to kill many off early. Victory did a good job killing off people early.
Not all of them were important though, with most of these people enemy pilots appearing for one episode or so (even though they are named)...

Spoiler for Victory Gundam Death SPOILERS:
Old 2008-04-15, 22:05   Link #1067
Souryu
nothing at all...

Zeta killed a lot people, but mostly at the end of the series... Last two episodes, if i remember right.

Victory, however, had a lot of deaths early, some that were plain gruesome, and had MORE deaths at the end. Tomino must have killed half the cast during the series lol. Interesting enough, there's only one anime that had more and shocking deaths and it was made by Tomino. A cookie for the one that knows which anime is it
Souryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 22:10   Link #1068
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
Zeta killed a lot people, but mostly at the end of the series... Last two episodes, if i remember right.

Victory, however, had a lot of deaths early, some that were plain gruesome, and had MORE deaths at the end. Tomino must have killed half the cast during the series lol. Interesting enough, there's only one anime that had more and shocking deaths and it was made by Tomino. A cookie for the one that knows which anime is it
Well that's easy. Ideon.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 22:12   Link #1069
Souryu
nothing at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Well that's easy. Ideon.
*gives a cookie*
Souryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 23:17   Link #1070
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Well dang, I just finished this series and it was a pretty good ending. But of course, they leave you wondering what happened to all the characters.

1. what happened to Sumeragi, Feldt, and that other guy
2. what happened to setsuna
3. What is the pilot of virtue (purple haired guy) doing with louise
4. What the heck are they doing where Sagi crossroads is...
5. what happened to the pilot of dynames and what happened to his gundam...
6. And what is going on where Wang Liu and Ptolemy technician are? Did they display the gundam that was known as virtue in the end where the engine was missing?
7. What happened to Nena Trinity
8. Who's that masked guy?
9. What was that one GN particle movement across space that Saji was seeing on his work site?
10. Did Al (the leader of that terrorist group that Setsuna was in) die in that exchange with Lockon? (I thought he was the guy that was having a drink in the end - can't really get a clear picture of his face).

I will read through the thread soon enough, and I don't think any of you will have answers because we all saw the same episodes, but some of you may have found something extra... so... haha..

Last edited by Synria_; 2008-04-16 at 01:13.
Synria_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 02:36   Link #1071
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
Well dang, I just finished this series and it was a pretty good ending. But of course, they leave you wondering what happened to all the characters.

6. And what is going on where Wang Liu and Ptolemy technician are? Did they display the gundam that was known as virtue in the end where the engine was missing?
9. What was that one GN particle movement across space that Saji was seeing on his work site?
10. Did Al (the leader of that terrorist group that Setsuna was in) die in that exchange with Lockon? (I thought he was the guy that was having a drink in the end - can't really get a clear picture of his face).

I will read through the thread soon enough, and I don't think any of you will have answers because we all saw the same episodes, but some of you may have found something extra... so... haha..
1. MIA
2. MIA
3. Interesting question to be sure
4. Looks a bit like an early space colonization project
5. KIA and Destroyed
6. That's the Gundam 00 and the O Gundam and it looks like Wang has taken over a new Celestial Being.
7. That's her in the post credits sequence with the orange glowing eyes.
8. Graham Acre
9. I can assume it was the Trinity's ship travelling to the location of the Gundam 00 or possibly an as yet unseen Gundam. Going by memory here.
10. That was him.

@DJ_RockmanX: See, listening to my talks on mecha has good results. You learn more and you get cookies. Man I'm hungry now.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 02:43   Link #1072
Zeta Gundam

Quote:

10. Did Al (the leader of that terrorist group that Setsuna was in) die in that
exchange with Lockon? (I thought he was the guy that was having a drink in the end - can't really get a clear picture of his face).

1)Sumeragi,Feldt,and the Engineer are all alive somewhere
2)MIA,but he's alive
3)Rumor has it that,that was a clone of Tieria named Regena Leggetta.Also note in the same episode,Livonze is in a room with a bunch of look-a-like Innovators(What Livonze and Tieria are officially called)

4)It looks Saji is a contractor
5)Lockon is dead.Dynames is pretty much gone
6)Gundam missing GN-Drive=0 Gundam
7)Looks like Wang Ryumin has adopted Neena into Celestial Being(I use that loosely because I don't know if she will use to organization to change the world as she see's fit)
8)Probably Graham
9)Probably a Gundam
10)Ali is still alive.Note the tattoo.
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 04:17   Link #1073
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:

1. MIA, most likely alive.
2. MIA, assumed alive for story and plot reasons.
3. That may not necessarily be Tieria. There are rumors and speculation that it is a female character named Regene, assumedly with some connection to Tieria.
4. Probably an experimental colony or colony consturction.
5. As of the end of episode 23, Lockon is KIA and Dynames was rendered incapable of combat.
6. Wang was inspecting the first generation Gundam, O Gundam, and the new Gundam, 00 Gundam. The Gundam with its GN Drive missing was the O Gundam.
7. Nena Trinity is apparently in the employ of Wang.
8. Possibly Graham, but interviews with the director of Gundam 00, Mizushima, say that Graham is supposed to be dead.
9. Most likely a Gundam. Celestial Being ships aren't equipped with GN Drives, and the technician at the end of 25 told Wang one of the newly developed models was out on a test run.
10. Ali Al Sarchez is quite possibly alive, as a man matching his description and voice is seen during the ending sequence.
Old 2008-04-16, 05:58   Link #1074
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souryu View Post
Both Zeta and Victory had plenty of deaths in the end, but Zeta had quite a few significant deaths in the first half too...

Quote:
Victory, however, had a lot of deaths early, some that were plain gruesome, and had MORE deaths at the end. Tomino must have killed half the cast during the series lol. Interesting enough
More than half...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
3. That may not necessarily be Tieria. There are rumors and speculation that it is a female character named Regene, assumedly with some connection to Tieria.
Not a rumor... Its "confirmed" by the show's official subtitles and by Mizushima in an interview.
Old 2008-04-16, 11:03   Link #1075
Synria_

Wow! Thanks for the replies...

I think I asked a few questions wrong and got the names mixed up.

1. I meant what happened to the pilot of Virtue and Kyrios. (I think it's safe to say that both are still alive as they both were shown drifting through space)
Note: I knew lockon died and his gundam gone, just mistaked the name... sorry...
2. What is the significance of 0 Gundam missing a GN drive and how is that possible? Aren't all gundams suppose to have a GN drive... I mean why is it missing one... unless it is virtue where tiera undocked his drive.
3. When we say first generation, is it before or after the Exia? I dont know if it's possible, but can someone elaborate what Wang's role is at the end? (I don't expect an answer though..)

Wang wants to look at the first generation, it's missing a GN drive, and I don't get what this whole scene is about.

Thanks!
Old 2008-04-16, 11:12   Link #1076
GNWeapon
On Trial

Quote:
Wow! Thanks for the replies...

I think I asked a few questions wrong and got the names mixed up.

1. I meant what happened to the pilot of Virtue and Kyrios. (I think it's safe to say that both are still alive as they both were shown drifting through space)
Note: I knew lockon died and his gundam gone, just mistaked the name... sorry...
2. What is the significance of 0 Gundam missing a GN drive and how is that possible? Aren't all gundams suppose to have a GN drive... I mean why is it missing one... unless it is virtue where tiera undocked his drive.
3. When we say first generation, is it before or after the Exia? I dont know if it's possible, but can someone elaborate what Wang's role is at the end? (I don't expect an answer though..)

Wang wants to look at the first generation, it's missing a GN drive, and I don't get what this whole scene is about.

Thanks!
1. Kyrios pilot is definitely alive his past to be revealed in S2. Virtue pilot status (we'll find out in S2.)
2. They took the drive from the O Gundam to see if it could fit with the 00 Gundam but can't be (prolly have not put it back or they need the drive for the other newer '4th' gen gundams. O Gundam != Virtue.
3. Exia and co. are the 3rd gen. O Gundam been 1st gen is BEFORE.

Wang just wanted to take a look at the 1st gen gundam. No need to have any reasons for that.
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 11:19   Link #1077
Synria_

So the O Gundam wasn't really missing its GN drive? They just took it out and now can't put it back? If so, what was there reason for taking it out?

I have to watch the ep again, but the show implied that 00 Gundam IS Exia right?

And GN Weapon, what does "!=" mean? Not equal to? Haha... Kind of hard to understand your post. :/
Old 2008-04-16, 12:01   Link #1078
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
So the O Gundam wasn't really missing its GN drive? They just took it out and now can't put it back? If so, what was there reason for taking it out?
Gundam 0 was mothballed because it was horribly out of date. the GN-drive was taken out and shared between 2nd Generation Gundams while they were tested in the manga side story.

There is no reason to put it back. The Drive is better off in a new body.
Old 2008-04-16, 16:15   Link #1079
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Well that's easy. Ideon.
Aura Battler Dunbine IIRC meets those criteria too. Though it does have a major character survivor.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 16:44   Link #1080
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Aura Battler Dunbine IIRC meets those criteria too. Though it does have a major character survivor.
And if anybody could tell me who that was I suppose I could give a cookie as well.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote