Notices

Old 2012-03-12, 04:33   Link #1921
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
貝木(Kaiki)tree of shells

泥舟(Deishuu)boat of dried mud

影縫(Kagenui)shadow/reflection stitcher/weaver

余弦(Yozora)cosine (but is read "yoken") or ultimate instrument (very liberally translated), written 夜空 means "night sky"

斧乃木(Ononoki)axing trees

余接(Yotsugi)cotangent (but is read "yosetsu") or ultimate companion (very liberally translated), written 世継/世嗣/嫡 means heir
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 00:38   Link #1922
Tatsumi Saiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
So what actually happens in Koimonogatari?
maybe not as specific, but what is the general story in Koi?
Tatsumi Saiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 10:16   Link #1923
jin02

hey guys this site has some of Nekomonogatari White chapters translated (English)

http://canonrap.wordpress.com/full/
jin02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 17:42   Link #1924
leorodri100

many thanks to you sir!
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 13:26   Link #1925
adatari
Hello. Newfag speaking.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin02 View Post
hey guys this site has some of Nekomonogatari White chapters translated (English)

http://canonrap.wordpress.com/full/
Thanks! I was wondering if the novel translations were still alive. Well I hope they continue to work on this as I have no idea if baka tsuki is still ongoing or not. Seems they're working on the second monogatari novel.
adatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 17:11   Link #1926
jin02

Quote:
Originally Posted by adatari View Post
Thanks! I was wondering if the novel translations were still alive. Well I hope they continue to work on this as I have no idea if baka tsuki is still ongoing or not. Seems they're working on the second monogatari novel.
yeah the guy normally gets 2 or 3 chapters done per week....i been searching all over the web for sites like these....i'll post some more sites if i find any
jin02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 12:53   Link #1927
Shadow5YA

I was reading NekoShiro, and wow, has Hitagi changed. All of that Tsubasa teasing...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 07:10   Link #1928
teja208
Critical fanboy

Few chapters in Noko Shiro seemed to highlight one of the interesting features in many harem anime that defies all logic. If you read the translated novel and watched lots of harem anime, you will get the idea of what I’m saying. You know that IRL or in other media besides anime, girls who happened to like the same guy never get along right? Well, there seems to be an unwritten laws of harem anime stating that when a girl happens to be part of a harem and isn’t strictly a yandere, you will find that she will likely get along with her fellow haremettes just fine except for occasional friendly competition to get the main character. When they are not fighting however, some of them do hang out together as though they’re close friends or even best friends. Most of them do not want to seriously hurt other girls’ feelings (at least not intentionally) but at the same time refuse to give up the MC. Few of them even put their rival’s feelings for the MC above their own and may even support the other in getting the guy; pretty self destruct isn’t it? People who wear special goggles may interpret some of their relationship as yuri subtext. Situations like in Neko Shiro made me question a lot of things like why are they so friendly to each other, why they don’t just share the MC already, and why this sort of rivalry friendship has never reached anywhere outside anime/manga realm.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 07:54   Link #1929
kona~chan
ヘタレ

damn thanks to the translation neko kuro left in cliffhanger it's made me to read the novel myself despite my pitifull knowledge of moonrunes, tough in the end just as i expected there are something that i unable to understand but overall it was good reads worth to spend half a day struggling really.

so can i ask you how in the world hanekawa able to create newtype of kaii (black hanekawa and kako) like that? it's after effect of her sawari neko in the golden week or there's another explanations for this?
sorry if this question maybe already asked and answered in the past....

Last edited by kona~chan; 2012-03-19 at 08:23.
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 10:12   Link #1930
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Few chapters in Noko Shiro seemed to highlight one of the interesting features in many harem anime that defies all logic. If you read the translated novel and watched lots of harem anime, you will get the idea of what I’m saying. You know that IRL or in other media besides anime, girls who happened to like the same guy never get along right? Well, there seems to be an unwritten laws of harem anime stating that when a girl happens to be part of a harem and isn’t strictly a yandere, you will find that she will likely get along with her fellow haremettes just fine except for occasional friendly competition to get the main character. When they are not fighting however, some of them do hang out together as though they’re close friends or even best friends. Most of them do not want to seriously hurt other girls’ feelings (at least not intentionally) but at the same time refuse to give up the MC. Few of them even put their rival’s feelings for the MC above their own and may even support the other in getting the guy; pretty self destruct isn’t it? People who wear special goggles may interpret some of their relationship as yuri subtext. Situations like in Neko Shiro made me question a lot of things like why are they so friendly to each other, why they don’t just share the MC already, and why this sort of rivalry friendship has never reached anywhere outside anime/manga realm.
I don't know what experiences you've had, but I know it does happen in real life. Not all girls are jealous creatures, as surprising as that sounds.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:15   Link #1931
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
I agree, IRL, things tend to get way more complicated than movie and anime scripts
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 17:15   Link #1932
minaka

questions:
Spoiler:

I hope you can answer this.
minaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 20:22   Link #1933
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaka View Post
questions:
Spoiler:

I hope you can answer this.
She is definitely a brocon but how much is debatable. Karen truthfully doesn't get a lot of screen time after Nise so the evidence doesn't really present themselves. All I can say is that the two of them are even closer than married couples and people around them fear for their relationship going in a wrong direction.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 01:06   Link #1934
Forsaken_Infinity

Okay, I have a question.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-22, 01:38   Link #1935
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Okay, I have a question.
Spoiler:
Watch the episode again and you tell me. Actually he stepped on them and fiddled with it a bit but I don't know if that constitutes as a footjob.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 02:15   Link #1936
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Watch the episode again and you tell me. Actually he stepped on them and fiddled with it a bit but I don't know if that constitutes as a footjob.
I wanna know how much more, if at all, explicit the act was in the novel. I heard someone complaining that Shaft wussed out of animating it properly. Is it true?
Old 2012-03-22, 02:56   Link #1937
Shikijin

It would be footjob if she did it on him There was just the reference to an old videogame, that's all, but the scene fundamentally was the same as in the anime.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 04:38   Link #1938
itrytofight

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Summary of Oni
Spoiler:

You guys remember how I said I would finish the summary within two days of me finishing the novel? Well turns out real life ACTUALLY affects one's productivity. Anyways a lot happened the past two months so it took me a lot longer to finish the novel and doing this summary.

Anyways this book foreshadows a lot especially the last chapter.
I have a question about a certain incident at the near end of the novel when Hitagi refused Koyomi's humiliating apology and decided to punish him (with Hanekawa aparently helping).

Did it really happen or was Araragi merely joking?

Is there any details or can I get an exact quote too?

itrytofight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 04:45   Link #1939
HasuMasu
*Artist

I think he was forced to see some yuri fanservice between Hitagi and Hanekawa.

Could be wrong, though.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 05:16   Link #1940
Shikijin

Yeah, it was something that Araragi said, and it didn't even seem like a joke
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance