Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-11, 11:23   Link #21
a-chan
*ZZZzzzzzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
Spoiler for ep 2:
>.< awesome!! I was longing to see this in the animated version! This look great!! I love Shin sister XDD

But when will we have subs ToT

--

Where did you find the raw of the episode 2?
a-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 15:07   Link #22
domino
デレデレ

Wow... I watched the OVA yesterday and it was the funniest thing ever. I love this show's crazy humor and the Shinsengumi. And Shinpachi's sister is awesome! The way they did Katsura is perfect, too. And the Bleach parody! Bahahaha... Love this show!!!

But where are the subs? I hear a group called Bakaneko is planning to do it, but do they really exist?
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 15:16   Link #23
a-chan
*ZZZzzzzzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Wow... I watched the OVA yesterday and it was the funniest thing ever. I love this show's crazy humor and the Shinsengumi. And Shinpachi's sister is awesome! The way they did Katsura is perfect, too. And the Bleach parody! Bahahaha... Love this show!!!

But where are the subs? I hear a group called Bakaneko is planning to do it, but do they really exist?
>>The OVA is awesome, and the Hanami part is from chapter 17 of the manga.

For the subs, I heard the same thing but I didn't find anywhere this team :/ I hope that a team will sub it cause Gintama is a popular manga of the Jump and it's aired just before Bleach...I hope that subs will come soon...

By the way, I didn't find the raw of episode 2, Saiyaman didn't release it...:s
Old 2006-04-12, 14:13   Link #24
Copy Ninja Kakashi

episode 3 raw is released but still no sub....
Copy Ninja Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 16:39   Link #25
a-chan
*ZZZzzzzzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy Ninja Kakashi
I saw it: it correspond to the begining of the manga (the first episode was an one hour special so...^^)

It's hilarious!! I love Shin's sister!! What a punchy girl!!

I'm longing to see the subs ToT
Old 2006-04-12, 20:16   Link #26
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copy Ninja Kakashi

BakaNeko was supposed to sub Gintama, however at their homepage they say they might give it up for good... Will no one sub Gintama? =\
Friera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-12, 20:37   Link #27
domino
デレデレ

With the type of series Gintama is (shonen jump action/comedy with Bleach-like appeal) I thought it was going to be the most-subbed anime of the season. But 3 episodes are out and still no sub? Come on, people. ;_; There's gotta be SOMEONE out there...
Old 2006-04-12, 20:51   Link #28
AnimEcoli

apparently no one wants to sub it. I post alot of recommedation for it on alot of subber's forum
AnimEcoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 00:48   Link #29
miaka

its strange that no one sub it in English, but many chinese fansub groups are doing this project. Hope someone do this project in English.
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 05:43   Link #30
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
It's time like this when I really hope I could understand japansese...
Friera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-13, 14:21   Link #31
a-chan
*ZZZzzzzzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimEcoli
apparently no one wants to sub it. I post alot of recommedation for it on alot of subber's forum
^^ I'm french and I did the same thing too, 'cause no one seems to sub it cause there no english release yet :/ (it's easier to translate in french from english sub than in japanese XD)

As Domino says, I am very surprised that no english team sub it yet...With all the publicity made around this anime and the great number of seeders for the 2 raws, I find all this strange...

I hope than someone out there will hear us!!
Old 2006-04-15, 01:02   Link #32
Tsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-chan
As Domino says, I am very surprised that no english team sub it yet...With all the publicity made around this anime and the great number of seeders for the 2 raws, I find all this strange...

I hope than someone out there will hear us!!

So do I. It seems ridiculous to me that animes like Kiba, Black Lagoon, and Saru Getchu are being fansubbed in English, while this series isn't. I mean, this is probably going to be the most popular new series of the season. With that much popularity, how is it possible for no one to fansub it? It just doesn't make any sense. Someone, ANYone, PLEASE fansub this series in English!
Tsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 01:41   Link #33
deathbygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsume
It seems ridiculous to me that animes like Kiba, Black Lagoon, and Saru Getchu are being fansubbed in English, while this series isn't. I mean, this is probably going to be the most popular new series of the season.
Sorry to pick on you Tsume, but you were the closest quote available and basically reflected the general consensus about why people weren't looking at this series (but do note this is a general claim aimed toward everyone who's inquiring about the same thing).

A series is always "good" in the eyes of the beholder; just because the series appeals to you doesn't mean it appeals to others. I really doubt that Gintama will become the most popular series of this season (seeing as HaruhISM has become rampant, to say the least), but at the same time I don't think this series will be ignored, either. I haven't had the pleasure of reading the manga, but from what I've heard of the series, it's a highly entertaining series that many people should give a shot. That being said, believe it or not, I'm sure there are at least one or two groups who are diligently working on the series as we speak. Perhaps they may be new to the fansubbing scene and need more time than usual to get adjusted to the motions, or perhaps it may be an experienced group who's currently pulling a balancing act between their previous projects, their new (already started) series, and their future plans. That much, I really have no clue about. But give them more time and show them a little more patience; the tried (and regretably true) cliche does play a major factor, and it's unfortunate, but groups do have quite a bit going on (especially so this season).

Hope I haven't offended anyone, since I'm kind of curious about this series myself. Here's hoping, though!
deathbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 08:58   Link #34
Ethirno

omg I love this series, can someone please fansub this? I've only seen episode 1 but it looks great, the manga was great too
Ethirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 21:45   Link #35
domino
デレデレ

It's so troublesome when a group says they'll sub a show but don't... so I hope BakaNeko isn't dropping it! But saying "I'll sub this show!" chases other subbers away, so it's bad if they said they'd sub it with no intention of subbing it...

But I'll have to have faith. Someone will do it some day!

And like above people mentioned, subbing takes awhile... we just have to be patient. Whining won't make a sub come out faster. So let's think of other things to talk about...

Does anyone know what chapter Gintama currently is on in Shonen Jump? Or the release date of the Opening or Ending song? The opening song kicks ass.

And now for a random screencap of Gintoki and Hijikata drunk and passed out on/inside a vending machine.

edit: I don't know much about this new Haruhi series mentioned above but I'll check it out... I just realized that one of the main characters (Kyon) in Suzumiya Haruhi has the same voice as the main character of Gintama. Woot.
Old 2006-04-15, 23:08   Link #36
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Gintama does indeed have a high viewership in Japan, just slipping into the top ten in its first week at #9 (Video Research rankings). But actually Nana was the top new anime, at #5 (big surprise, since it shows at 11:30 pm Wednesdays, while Gintama shows at 7 pm Tuesdays). The only other new show in the top ten was Shoujo Changeum's Dream, at #10 (it shows at 7:30 pm Saturdays). The top ten is dominated by long-running kids' shows like Doraemon, etc.

Suzumiya Haruhi may be the best new show, and may have a lot of anime fans (like me, for example) very excited, but it's not really aimed at a mass audience, and shows at midnight Sundays. (Times are for the first broadcast of an episode. Shows appear on different stations at different times in different parts of Japan.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 23:21   Link #37
AnimEcoli

wow, nice rank for a new anime
AnimEcoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 01:06   Link #38
Tsume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Gintama does indeed have a high viewership in Japan, just slipping into the top ten in its first week at #9 (Video Research rankings). But actually Nana was the top new anime, at #5 (big surprise, since it shows at 11:30 pm Wednesdays, while Gintama shows at 7 pm Tuesdays). The only other new show in the top ten was Shoujo Changeum's Dream, at #10 (it shows at 7:30 pm Saturdays). The top ten is dominated by long-running kids' shows like Doraemon, etc.
Um, Doraemon isn't on that list at all. Still, the top 2 are extreamly long running series. Heck, the number 1 series, Sazae-san, has been running since 1968. And yes, those two, and possibly one or two others, are targeted mainly at younger kids. The rest are not. Also, Nana is NOT the top new anime. Well, if you mean brand new and original, then I suppose it is. But sitting right above it at number 4 is Digimon Savers, which, while a spinoff of the other Digimon series, just started two weeks ago. The only two titles on the list that I couldn't find on ANN's Anime Encyclopedia are number 8 (I know the first part is Anime Major, but I'm not sure about the kanji character that follows it. The translator I have says it means "Other Things", but I'm not sure.) and number 10 (As near as I can translate, it's "NHK Anime Theater - Maiden Changumu's Dream"). Other noteable titles on the list: #3: Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star; #6: Eyeshield 21; and #7: Naruto. Better end this before I get any more off topic...
Tsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-17, 02:02   Link #39
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsume
Still, the top 2 are extreamly long running series. Heck, the number 1 series, Sazae-san, has been running since 1968. And yes, those two, and possibly one or two others, are targeted mainly at younger kids.
Maybe. I don't know Sazae-san(1.) (never watched it myself). But I LOVE ちびまる子ちゃん (2.). It is one of the most memorable animeated series for me due to it's wracky characters and the idiotic/genius plans the main character thinks up.
And I am willing to bet a large sum of money that currently I am not classified as "younger kids" ^_^ .

But I got to say, episode 1/2 and 3 are gold. This series make me laugh the most out of 20+ new series this season. The parodies/puns made me ROFL literally.
But I don't fancy the job the translator has to do- he has to put all the footnotes into the sub.

The sister rocks ^_^
Old 2006-04-17, 02:34   Link #40
a-chan
*ZZZzzzzzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
But I got to say, episode 1/2 and 3 are gold. This series make me laugh the most out of 20+ new series this season. The parodies/puns made me ROFL literally.
But I don't fancy the job the translator has to do- he has to put all the footnotes into the sub.

The sister rocks ^_^
Yes! While I was reading the manga, I almost cry sometimes because it was so funny!! And I did the same thing watching the anime and the OVA Jump Festa...

Shin's sister is awesome but this week, will see Kagura-chan...And she's 10 times better No mention to Satome-san, the landlady...
There's plenty otheer character that doesn't appear yet but they're also totally hilarious!!

When someone will sub it... with this rank in the classment...

Tags
action, comedy, shounen