AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2008-04-27, 23:26   Link #641
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Just finished the first season... let me see if i get this right. Basically things happens in different "dimensions" to each of the main characters and we get to see different outcomes of it. While we learn new information with every new "dimension", we also get new problems to get confused with. There is also the fact that a character from one dimension figuring out what happens to himself/herself in another dimension (what Keiichi and Reika were talking about at the end). Although the outcomes are different, everything done by the same person even in those different parallel worlds are somehow linked together and of his/her responsibility.
The ending of the first season only showed us this facts and some possible outcomes but nothing has been solved yet in any of them.....

Ok.. either im right or im letting my imagination too loose xD The last 2 episodes were really crazy -.-
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 23:36   Link #642
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Just finished the first season... let me see if i get this right. Basically things happens in different "dimensions" to each of the main characters and we get to see different outcomes of it. While we learn new information with every new "dimension", we also get new problems to get confused with. There is also the fact that a character from one dimension figuring out what happens to himself/herself in another dimension (what Keiichi and Reika were talking about at the end). Although the outcomes are different, everything done by the same person even in those different parallel worlds are somehow linked together and of his/her responsibility.
The ending of the first season only showed us this facts and some possible outcomes but nothing has been solved yet in any of them.....

Ok.. either im right or im letting my imagination too loose xD The last 2 episodes were really crazy -.-
Yay you got it right! You get a cookie
Old 2008-04-27, 23:45   Link #643
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Yay you got it right! You get a cookie
Wiii ! My first cookie here

lol... i just read what i wrote in my last post... if i read that before watching this anime i would definitly say that there is something wrong with the guy that wrote that.

I'll try to get the second season when i have some space in my hd... still got like 6 unwatched animes xD
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 22:19   Link #644
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Personally I'm not a big fan of the "big name non-official" arcs (such as the extra manga arcs or the ones from the ps2 game)...some of the stuff from the anthropology novels/manga are better. They should just stick to the 3 arcs from the Rei disk and end it off.
I would be just heart broken if Onisarashi didn't get AT LEAST a 1 ep OVA or someting T_T I mean, it does seem to be the most popular of the extra arcs.....
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 19:33   Link #645
Kets

Who was the guy from Onikakushi-hen pg. 192 who pushed Keiichi down?
Kets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 06:38   Link #646
wzzl

Someone referred me to this ´Higurashi no Naku Koro ni´. I naturaly assumed he was talking about manga, but it seems this is a little more complicated... I just read the first volume of Onikakushi-hen and it got my interest. Now, let me get a few things straight...

-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni was first made into a game which was basicaly a very extensive graphic novel. There were 8 games, 4 quesion arcs and 4 answer arcs. The original story from the games is finished. The games haven't been translated.
-The game got popular and was made into manga. Has the manga incorporated all of the story from the games/is it finished? And how many of it has been translated?
-After this the story was made into anime, which is still airing, and isn't finished. Is this subbed?

-Reading order is: Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen and Tatarigoroshi-hen in no particular order. Then Himatsubushi-hen, Meakashi-hen, Tsumihoroboshi-hen, Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen in that order.

Please correct me where I'm wrong, and thanks. Also, the manga is the best way to get to know Higurashi no Naku Koro ni when you can't read a single word Japanese/Kanji (?), right?

Oh and the wiki article mentioned a whole lot of extra arcs, story and other things which I don't get the relation to the story from.
wzzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 07:00   Link #647
Eryops

They're visual novels. 'Graphic novels' is a term for comics.

The proper order is Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen, Tatarigoroshi-hen, Himatsubushi-hen, Meakashi-hen, Tsumihoroboshi-hen, Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen.

Only parts of the manga have been translated (and it has yet to finish). If you don't speak Japanese, the only was to follow the story is by watching the two seasons of the anime, which is finished (with the exception of an OVA that will probably come out later this year). After watching the anime, read the 'Higurashi no Naku Koro ni TIPS' and 'Putting the Pieces Together' threads on this forum to get some additional information that the anime had to leave out due to time constraints.
Eryops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 11:28   Link #648
Rias

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is classified as "sound novel". It basically means that the emphasis is on the sound instead of the visual.

Aside from the three games (or you could say 9, since the first 8 were released game by game but in the end a compilation of the first 4 and the last 4 were out) that had 11 arcs, there are also many "official but not original arcs" from manga and the other form of media that the game is also on (PS2, cellphones, up coming DS game, etc.) Of course, there are also the stories from various doujin and anthology series.

Although the 2 seasons of anime is fully subbed, the manga is still the best way to introduce yourself to the world of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Not only are the games mostly not translated, the author Ryukishi07 has a tendency to over-describe or put in too much infomation that in the end was never fully explained. On the other hand, the anime cuts out way too much stuff, concentrates on the horror aspects too much, and can leave the viewers confused at the end. Manga has a good balance between the two. (personal opinion)
Old 2008-05-03, 20:14   Link #649
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzzl View Post
Someone referred me to this ´Higurashi no Naku Koro ni´. I naturaly assumed he was talking about manga, but it seems this is a little more complicated... I just read the first volume of Onikakushi-hen and it got my interest. Now, let me get a few things straight...

-Higurashi no Naku Koro ni was first made into a game which was basicaly a very extensive graphic novel. There were 8 games, 4 quesion arcs and 4 answer arcs. The original story from the games is finished. The games haven't been translated.
-The game got popular and was made into manga. Has the manga incorporated all of the story from the games/is it finished? And how many of it has been translated?
-After this the story was made into anime, which is still airing, and isn't finished. Is this subbed?

-Reading order is: Onikakushi-hen, Watanagashi-hen and Tatarigoroshi-hen in no particular order. Then Himatsubushi-hen, Meakashi-hen, Tsumihoroboshi-hen, Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen in that order.

Please correct me where I'm wrong, and thanks. Also, the manga is the best way to get to know Higurashi no Naku Koro ni when you can't read a single word Japanese/Kanji (?), right?

Oh and the wiki article mentioned a whole lot of extra arcs, story and other things which I don't get the relation to the story from.
The Onikakushi game is currently being unofficailly translated and is availble through patch.
Old 2008-05-05, 15:28   Link #650
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Does anyone have the Yoigoshi-hen TIPS that were available via mobile phone?
Old 2008-05-06, 04:57   Link #651
bratchaman

This is a stupid question and doesn't deserve a real answer...

When Akasaka tells Rika to take cover, why does she just sit down inches behind him covering her head. I mean that scene was epic but after rewatching it I can't stop laughing.

Spoiler for kai ep22:
bratchaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 08:28   Link #652
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratchaman View Post
This is a stupid question and doesn't deserve a real answer...

When Akasaka tells Rika to take cover, why does she just sit down inches behind him covering her head. I mean that scene was epic but after rewatching it I can't stop laughing.

Spoiler for kai ep22:
this higurashi mystery, will unfortunately probably remain unsolved
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 12:44   Link #653
wzzl

Okay, thanks for all the replies. Things make a lot more sence now :P

Only one more thing... I'm gonna do a very stupid question probably, but I can't find it in the wikipedia article. 1)Onikakushi, Watanagashi, Tatarigoroshi and Himatsubushi are the 4 question arcs.
According to wikipedia Oni Sarashi, Utsutsukowashi and Yoigoshi are 3 manga only arcs that continue the story. Shouldn't there be 4 answer arcs in between. It isn't much use starting to read those when there's story in between, innit? Even so, this is the order which appears as the reading order in the manga thread.

Obviously I'm missing something very... basic... Thankies.
Old 2008-05-06, 12:47   Link #654
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The 3 original manga arcs are not really considered as "answers" arcs. They are kinda midway between questions and answers, though they indeed give more "answer" insight.

Onisarashi-hen give many explanations for Onikakushi, Utsutsukowashi is kinda stand alone and Yoigoshi is an alternative end for Tsumihoroboshi.
I would actually suggest to read them after Meakashi and Tsumihoroboshi but before Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi.
Old 2008-05-06, 13:20   Link #655
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
this higurashi mystery, will unfortunately probably remain unsolved
i think i got it ! she wants more screen time XD
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 16:37   Link #656
wzzl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The 3 original manga arcs are not really considered as "answers" arcs. They are kinda midway between questions and answers, though they indeed give more "answer" insight.

Onisarashi-hen give many explanations for Onikakushi, Utsutsukowashi is kinda stand alone and Yoigoshi is an alternative end for Tsumihoroboshi.
I would actually suggest to read them after Meakashi and Tsumihoroboshi but before Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi.
okay, but none of the answer arcs (or parts of it) have been scanlated right?
Old 2008-05-06, 21:22   Link #657
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
Dunno if this place is good to ask...but

Anyone know a site where I can find Higurashi winamp/rainmeter/WMP skin(s)?
sasuke13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 20:18   Link #658
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzzl View Post
okay, but none of the answer arcs (or parts of it) have been scanlated right?
Meakashi-hen has been partially scanlated by now.
Old 2008-05-07, 20:22   Link #659
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
It has...?
Old 2008-05-07, 22:45   Link #660
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
Which group?