AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-14, 17:15   Link #181
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
OMG... so you're ok with them sacrificing babies to grease the sprocket wheels?!? How could you...

Note: I'm probably the only person on here old enough to get that - but the point is you should be careful when you say such things
Yea, if you're referring to a governmental group maybe. Not an animation company.
Old 2010-02-14, 17:22   Link #182
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Yea, if you're referring to a governmental group maybe. Not an animation company.
I don't know... seems to me that most of the major product safety problems of the last few years have been due to companies, not governments. Not to mention child labor violations, etc.

Slightly back on topic, we have some clues as to Hitagi's and Koyomi's future plans. But other than "being perfect" do we have any insight into what Hanakawa plans on for a future career?
Old 2010-02-14, 17:25   Link #183
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Studying abroad?
Old 2010-02-14, 17:29   Link #184
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki-ism View Post
Studying abroad?
She made it pretty clear that she's not going to touch another textbook after high school in the bookstore scene in Nadeko.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-14, 17:46   Link #185
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
I don't know... seems to me that most of the major product safety problems of the last few years have been due to companies, not governments. Not to mention child labor violations, etc.

Slightly back on topic, we have some clues as to Hitagi's and Koyomi's future plans. But other than "being perfect" do we have any insight into what Hanakawa plans on for a future career?
From what we are shown, those two are going to live together after high school ends. Koyomi wants to go to the same university as Hitagi in which she has already gotten a recommendation in. Basically, at least for Hitagi, her future is set for the next couple of years. Koyomi on the other hand seems to be on the border of being a NEET or not. One thing I'm interested in how they are going to get a place to live. Hitagi might still be working for her dad so there is income there...she earned 100,000 yen in 3 weeks, so that's okay...right? Looks like Koyomi's going to spend to next few years living off the money Hitagi earns and using it to play with other girls. Now that's what I call a man.
Old 2010-02-14, 19:30   Link #186
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
She made it pretty clear that she's not going to touch another textbook after high school in the bookstore scene in Nadeko.
Actually I just re-watched the scene yesterday and what she said was that she was going to travel to figure out what she wants to do next (or something like that). She didn't really say she wouldn't touch a textbook after high school but that she needs time off (an understandable reaction given her background).
Old 2010-02-14, 19:50   Link #187
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Actually I just re-watched the scene yesterday and what she said was that she was going to travel to figure out what she wants to do next (or something like that). She didn't really say she wouldn't touch a textbook after high school but that she needs time off (an understandable reaction given her background).
Her studying was just an excuse for her to get away from her family, more or less. I assume that after high school and leaving for a while there would be no reason for her to study. I don't know, I could be wrong.
Old 2010-02-16, 00:36   Link #188
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
In an interview appeared on the official site, director Shinbo and show's producers announced their intention to finish and thus webstreaming episode 14 (aka Tsubasa Cat - part 4) very soon.
Middle of next week, then?

Here's looking forward to it.
Old 2010-02-16, 19:38   Link #189
Hedd
Random Object

Well they pushed an actual airing series back in a concerted effort to finish 14 so I would hope we'd see it soon. I'm not sure if I should make the "aww" face for the Bund or the "woo!" face for 14.....
Old 2010-02-16, 20:58   Link #190
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedd View Post
Well they pushed an actual airing series back in a concerted effort to finish 14 so I would hope we'd see it soon. I'm not sure if I should make the "aww" face for the Bund or the "woo!" face for 14.....
See that's the thing. Bake is a record selling series that is in the 70,000+ while other series that they do can't even earn halve of that. Also, it's about time for 14, honestly the hype goes down if you don't give the fans what they want. They still have vol 5 and 6 to think about.
Old 2010-02-17, 03:40   Link #191
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Oh but they don't have to worry about Vol 5 anymore. If anything, it should be already done as there is mastering, printing and logistics to do... Which means Tsubasa's opening is done as well.

...Yet, awfully quiet on bakemonogatari.com.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 08:54   Link #192
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
See that's the thing. Bake is a record selling series that is in the 70,000+ while other series that they do can't even earn halve of that. Also, it's about time for 14, honestly the hype goes down if you don't give the fans what they want. They still have vol 5 and 6 to think about.
half, LOL, at best SHAFT shows are at 1/5th, but usually between 1/10th and 1/20th of Bakemonogatari sales.

Anyway, any news about Tsubasa's OP? Is it going to be on this or on the last episode?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 12:23   Link #193
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
half, LOL, at best SHAFT shows are at 1/5th, but usually between 1/10th and 1/20th of Bakemonogatari sales.

Anyway, any news about Tsubasa's OP? Is it going to be on this or on the last episode?
Come on, let's give Shaft SOME credit here. I'm sure their series can at least get them 15,000 overall.
Old 2010-02-17, 13:59   Link #194
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Yeah, well, like I said the song was made long time ago, the video should definitely be done already (as the fifth bluray which contains earlier tsubasa cat episodes should already be printed by this time) so they can and probably will put it into the streaming version of ep 14. Not to mention that would be a good advertisment for the BD which is coupled with CD of said opening.

Quote:
I'm sure their series can at least get them 15,000 overall.
Yeah, perhaps.
When added together.
Wish I was kidding, Zetsubou Sensei series never got past 6500 and that was first season, latter sold even less. Gorgeous Natsu no Arashi never made it past 1500. Don't remember anything else in bestsellers either. That's why people are so surprised over Bakemonogatari figures.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 14:58   Link #195
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Come on, let's give Shaft SOME credit here. I'm sure their series can at least get them 15,000 overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Yeah, perhaps.
When added together.
Wish I was kidding, Zetsubou Sensei series never got past 6500 and that was first season, latter sold even less. Gorgeous Natsu no Arashi never made it past 1500. Don't remember anything else in bestsellers either. That's why people are so surprised over Bakemonogatari figures.
Don't get me wrong, I loved most of the studio's shows, but that's irrelevant to how much they sell.

Also this whole streaming for Bakemonogatari, plus the fact that producers pay channels for the shows, while not gaining anything from the ads ... makes me wonder why do they do it in the first place.

1. The fact of paying for a slot, reduces their gains
2. Is limiting viewership (late night timeslots)
3. Also except from Tokyo and Osaka, it's rather rare to see anime in the rest of the country, not to mention abroad.

On the other hand:
1. It is much cheaper and long.term solution to pay for the streaming infrastructure.
2. Scales production from streaming to DVD/BD release.
3. Is much more accessible and hence much more effective as promotion both domestically and overseas.
4. They can get a decent amount of money from advertisements.

On another subject, remember that SHAFT lost their second director (ef, Negima OVAs) to SilverLink this season; that's probably a huge factor in their scheduling problems, which during planning could not be foreseen.
Old 2010-02-17, 17:15   Link #196
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
On the other hand:
1. It is much cheaper and long.term solution to pay for the streaming infrastructure.
2. Scales production from streaming to DVD/BD release.
3. Is much more accessible and hence much more effective as promotion both domestically and overseas.
4. They can get a decent amount of money from advertisements.
You're forgetting a very important factor in that equation: Many japanese access the internet using cellphones instead of using a computer if I'm not mistaken and as such high-bandwidth activities such as video streaming aren't as common or as easy to use over there like they are in europe or north america.

I'm all for streaming but if our web infrastructure has problems as it is trying to cope with the advent of youtube and other media streaming websites imagine what hurdles the japanese would be facing. It's just not the time (yet).
Old 2010-02-17, 18:01   Link #197
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
On another subject, remember that SHAFT lost their second director (ef, Negima OVAs) to SilverLink this season; that's probably a huge factor in their scheduling problems, which during planning could not be foreseen.
Man, who are we kidding. Shaft has been giving Shinbou all the jobs in the first place. They might as well have him as the only director. I just want to point out that if Shinbou dies or goes to another studio, Shaft will be deader than GONZO.
Old 2010-02-17, 18:02   Link #198
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
You're forgetting a very important factor in that equation: Many japanese access the internet using cellphones instead of using a computer if I'm not mistaken and as such high-bandwidth activities such as video streaming aren't as common or as easy to use over there like they are in europe or north america.

I'm all for streaming but if our web infrastructure has problems as it is trying to cope with the advent of youtube and other media streaming websites imagine what hurdles the japanese would be facing. It's just not the time (yet).
I have also heard that their cellullar networks are overloaded, but ...

1. This is not consistent with the prevalence of Flash sites in Japan for RIA, especially when one takes into account that other technologies are much more gentle with bandwidth.

2. The additional load of 10,000 views spread over a period of days would be insignificant to the carriers.

3. That load is of no concern to the service providers, only to the carriers.

4. Accessing an episode from your phone is really convenient, but I find it hard to believe that japanese are deprived of other alternatives, like PCs, notebooks on hotspots, manga stores, IPTV, etc. Also take into account the target group is much more likely to access one of the above, rather his phone

But generally I agree with your last observation that it's not time yet, I know from work that technical decisions are made by irrelevant and occasionally incapable managers
Old 2010-02-17, 18:05   Link #199
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Man, who are we kidding. Shaft has been giving Shinbou all the jobs in the first place. They might as well have him as the only director. I just want to point out that if Shinbou dies or goes to another studio, Shaft will be deader than GONZO.
Well, there is more to scheduling than the lead director and it's usually everything else that matters

And I should repeat what has been said in the past that SHAFT != Shinbou
Old 2010-02-17, 21:54   Link #200
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Well, there is more to scheduling than the lead director and it's usually everything else that matters

And I should repeat what has been said in the past that SHAFT != Shinbou
But right now, SHAFT== Shinbou.
He is the only director available for SHAFT.
And yes, his style has become SHAFT's animation trademark.

Like omimon says, if Shinbou leave SHAFT, SHAFT will hit rock bottom.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote