AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-06-29, 05:45   Link #541
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah can easily see the difference in quality. Would be quite the treat to rewatch the first five episodes in BR.
Old 2010-06-29, 21:35   Link #542
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

The new OVA is supposed to come out some time between June and Aug ... so hopefully July is the magic month ...

Those BR versions look sweet
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 03:23   Link #543
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
The new OVA is supposed to come out some time between June and Aug ... so hopefully July is the magic month ...
I haven't heard anything official said to believe this.
Old 2010-06-30, 06:15   Link #544
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post

Those BR versions look sweet
What are you talking about? Vol8 has no date, and it's definitely not coming out before August. At the earliest it'll be out sometime by the end of this year.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-30, 17:38   Link #545
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

^ Here is the time table I've seen posted on several forums now:

Quote:
Here is the OVA release times list:
2006 OVA 1
2007 OVA 2 and 3
2008 OVA 4 and 5
2009 OVA 6 and 7
2010 OVA 8 and 9
2011 Hellsing The Dawn OVA

OVA 8 will be released on 18th July 2010
So with a 6-8 month average, it wouldn't be surprising if it came out between June and Aug right?

I am currently looking for sources and confirmation....
Old 2010-07-01, 04:40   Link #546
duckroll
綺羅星★!

You will not find any sources or confirmation because you are posting a time table which is bullshit. It doesn't matter how many forums you see it posted at, because it is not true. OVAs are direct to home video releases, which means they are retail products. They don't magically show up unannounced out of nowhere.

The only real information is what the company releasing the show says, not what some fans want to predict or believe. There is no announced date for Vol8, and it will not be coming out before August 2010, because the next release which is already announced is the Blu-ray box for Vol1-5, which is coming out in August. There will be no other releases before that. Even if the release date for Vol8 is announce tomorrow, it will be at least two months away.

I'm sorry if you don't like being lectured at, but please if you want to talk about solid information, at least know what you're talking about instead of saying "I read this on a bunch of forums, it must be true!" because that just makes you sound ignorant. Some of us follow the series very closely, and actually buy the releases instead of freeloading on pirated copies released on the net. We know what we're talking about. You obviously do not.

Edit: I should also note that at no point of time have they ever stated that The Dawn is getting animated in any form. So I suggest that you should not expect there to ever be an OVA for The Dawn, or you will end up very disappointed. Obviously the list you posted is simply what some fans want to happen, and is not based on any sort of reality at all. Hellsing I and II both came out in 2006, not 2007. III was the only release in 2007. So the list is already wrong. Maybe you should check your facts more closely before posting again in future.
Old 2010-07-01, 07:33   Link #547
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
You will not find any sources or confirmation because you are posting a time table which is bullshit.
YIKES! That time of the month uh?

Spoiler for ....:

I've been looking for release dates or whatever I can find that seems reasonable (6-8 months has been the release pattern up until now) ... that was hardly offensive and didn't call for such angry reaction all of the sudden so sorry if I hurt your feelings pal.

In no way did I say that was an OFFICIAL release date, I just happened to find that info in another forum and I am currently looking for sources. If that is a crime against humanity then .. sorry! shish!

Seriously, people can't even come up with estimates because it offends the masters of the Universe these days....
Old 2010-07-01, 09:18   Link #548
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I'm mad because Vol8 definitely isn't coming out soon, and I want it to come out sooner.
Old 2010-07-02, 18:43   Link #549
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Funimation finally got the gears moving.
Old 2010-08-02, 16:49   Link #550
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I just noticed that the blu-ray box set for Vol1-5 has been stealth delayed. Orion can no longer say that Madhouse meets their deadlines anymore, since this has slipped from what was supposed to be an early 2010 release, to August, and now to 30th September. I'm not even sure if this new date will hold, since no actual announcement has been made about it. It just slipped quietly on Geneon's official release listing.

Not a good sign for getting Vol8 anytime this year. Lulz.
Old 2010-08-02, 18:15   Link #551
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:

Dat sucks ... all this waiting has turned me into a nicotine junkie

Time to chew on some nicorette I guess
Old 2010-08-02, 21:00   Link #552
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
I just noticed that the blu-ray box set for Vol1-5 has been stealth delayed. Orion can no longer say that Madhouse meets their deadlines anymore, since this has slipped from what was supposed to be an early 2010 release, to August, and now to 30th September. I'm not even sure if this new date will hold, since no actual announcement has been made about it. It just slipped quietly on Geneon's official release listing.

Ah, but there could be other reasons for the delay. Madhouse is working on the more lucrative Iron Man. Wolverine is also being worked on.

Then it could be a problem with Universal-Geneon's release schedule and not Madhouse. Now if Madhouse came out and said that the delay was their fault then you'd have a point.
Old 2010-08-03, 00:38   Link #553
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

This is no time for lulz. LIVEZ are on the line!
Old 2010-08-03, 08:24   Link #554
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Ah, but there could be other reasons for the delay. Madhouse is working on the more lucrative Iron Man. Wolverine is also being worked on.

Then it could be a problem with Universal-Geneon's release schedule and not Madhouse. Now if Madhouse came out and said that the delay was their fault then you'd have a point.
So how is that any different from Satelight? :lol

You're amazing. When Satelight was animating the series, any delay has to be their fault, and they obviously kept missing deadlines blahblahblah. But when Madhouse is animating the series, delays could have other reasons! LOL!

Edit: http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/hellsing/

Is this good enough for you?
Old 2010-08-03, 18:36   Link #555
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

^ I seriously hope they are late because they were busy making this coming ep pure awesomeness...... but if they were procrastinating like I do sometimes then G-d help us all! (I don't procrastinate for 6 months btw... 1 week is my max lol)
Old 2010-08-04, 14:56   Link #556
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Comiket78 is next weekend. Maybe we'll get an updated trailer for Vol8 there.
Old 2010-08-04, 20:53   Link #557
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
So how is that any different from Satelight? :lol

You're amazing. When Satelight was animating the series, any delay has to be their fault, and they obviously kept missing deadlines blahblahblah. But when Madhouse is animating the series, delays could have other reasons! LOL!

Edit: http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/hellsing/

Is this good enough for you?
Because we at least know the other work they have and also having experienced R1 release delays due to a full schedule, it's easier to understand.

To answer your queston. Not really. A PR poster is not an explanation or even a hint as to what's really going on.
Old 2010-08-04, 21:52   Link #558
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Because we at least know the other work they have and also having experienced R1 release delays due to a full schedule, it's easier to understand.

To answer your queston. Not really. A PR poster is not an explanation or even a hint as to what's really going on.
And let's not forget how long it took Hirano to finish the manga as it is...
Old 2010-08-05, 03:22   Link #559
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Speaking of the manga, i'm starting to get mighty tempted to just go finish the story in that format.
Old 2010-08-05, 04:54   Link #560
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:

I really don't understand where you are coming from. Madhouse is an animation production studio. They are contracted by Geneon to work on Hellsing Ultimate. I fail to see how having other projects to work on from other producers has any bearing on justifying their delays on Hellsing Ultimate. Why should Geneon care that Madhouse is making Iron Man or Wolverine? If Madhouse has taken on more jobs than they can handle, then they are failing at meeting production deadlines, and they would be annoying Geneon just as much as Satelight would have.

I would like to see some consistency from you, that's all. You made the claim that the blu-ray box is being redone significantly because Geneon did not like Satelight's work. There is no basis for this claim at all, as I have pointed out. It is baseless mudslinging on your part, which you then attempted to support with the claim that Satelight did not meet their deadlines. Now I'm pointing out that Madhouse is not meeting their deadlines either. Vol8 is nowhere in sight, the blu-ray box is being delayed again and again.

It is very clear that Hellsing Ultimate is a very troubled production overall, but there is no evidence to point that Madhouse is handling it any better than Satelight was. The only difference is that Madhouse has not been replaced yet. We have no way of knowing unless the Geneon producer himself comes out to say it, but Satelight might not even have been removed from the project. It could simply have taken so many years that the staff at Satelight decided to opt out of the project so they can work on other things instead.

You like pointing out that we have "no way of knowing" what happens behind the scenes in production, yet you would happily bad mouth Satelight for their great work on the OVA, while praising Madhouse for what you claim to be better work (which is not proven in either improved animation quality, nor a faster release schedule).

If you do not want to admit that Madhouse could just be as troubled in terms of production planning as Satelight was, then at least stop bad mouthing Satelight for things you have no proof over. If you want to bad mouth Satelight for how Kissdum or Basquash turned out, that's all fine because the facts are there. Hellsing Ultimate on other hand has always been something that Satelight can be proud of, because they did a damn fine job on the first four volumes.

Tags
action, seinen