AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-17, 03:05   Link #181
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I keep thinking that the female lead's hair looks like the female protagonist from Persona 3, anyone else see that?
This, I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegasonic View Post
i just hope ppl dont expect too much just becuz of stiens;gate...
Have you played or seen the game? I don't have any knowledge of it and I'm refraining myself from reading reviews about it. I will watch it fresh and will see how it goes but since its from nitro+ I don't have much problem from their track records of games.
Old 2012-09-17, 04:06   Link #182
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Personally i think people should judge if an anime will be good based on either the VN or it's predecessor.
Chaos;Head was a very good VN, but it had a poor anime. Fortunately for Steins;Gate both it's VN and anime were good.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 05:36   Link #183
tsunade666

The staff behind Steins;Gate anime would be doing this anime too right? then isn't that a good news and would give more reason to at least expect something.
Old 2012-09-17, 06:51   Link #184
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Only the scriptwriter is the same.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 08:05   Link #185
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The staff behind Steins;Gate anime would be doing this anime too right? then isn't that a good news and would give more reason to at least expect something.
Wat , you hated steins gate ?
It was so good.
I can't wait for this.
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 08:44   Link #186
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Personally i think people should judge if an anime will be good based on either the VN or it's predecessor.
Chaos;Head was a very good VN, but it had a poor anime. Fortunately for Steins;Gate both it's VN and anime were good.
I think it's a matter of which one did you watch first.

For example, if you played C;H before its anime, then you will be pretty disappointed with the last.
But if you played it after, then the anime is much more bearable.

Another example is Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, though it's good as anime (even with the crazy pace of events) you will be expecting some development if you previously played the VN.

Of course, S;G was good in both cases, which is something rare when there is a VN adaptation to anime. Not impossible btw.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 09:35   Link #187
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
I think it's a matter of which one did you watch first.

For example, if you played C;H before its anime, then you will be pretty disappointed with the last.
But if you played it after, then the anime is much more bearable.

Another example is Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, though it's good as anime (even with the crazy pace of events) you will be expecting some development if you previously played the VN.

Of course, S;G was good in both cases, which is something rare when there is a VN adaptation to anime. Not impossible btw.
I wouldn't call it bearable, seeing that Chaos;Head's anime had really poor sales.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 10:14   Link #188
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
Wat , you hated steins gate ?
It was so good.
I can't wait for this.
No, I didn't hate it. I like it.

What I said is isn't the staff behind steins; gate the one doing this (though it looks like only the scriptwriter but still that's good news) which mean we can hope for a better production.

Plus from Nitro+ line up of games that i played from chaos;head and steins;gate and also saya no uta. I haven't played or seen yet which I didn't like from what they created.
Old 2012-09-17, 11:14   Link #189
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I wouldn't call it bearable, seeing that Chaos;Head's anime had really poor sales.
I didn't say successful btw.

And yes, C;H was an anime for kids based in a VN with NSFW content. I have some friends that did watch C;H anime first, and they didn't rage as much as the ones that played it.

That doesn't mean this was their favorite series.
Old 2012-09-17, 16:48   Link #190
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
I didn't say successful btw.

And yes, C;H was an anime for kids based in a VN with NSFW content. I have some friends that did watch C;H anime first, and they didn't rage as much as the ones that played it.

That doesn't mean this was their favorite series.
One of the main reasons why Chaos;Head failed (aside from poorly translated VN-anime story and inconsistent animation) is that the director previously worked on kiddy stuff (Maple Story, Otogi-chan Akazukin) before working on this I think.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 17:21   Link #191
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Script writer is definitely not enough. Part of what made Steins;Gate really work as well as it did was just an overall fantastic production (Beside the visual quality which was fairly standard). In particular it was the directing (There were two). Hiroshi Hamasaki's work on Texhnolyze and Steins;Gate is fantastic, cinematography is really strong in his works. I don't think Robotic;Notes has quite the same staff, but it does have the budget. I think the main question is if the story is adequate enough. The impression I am getting is that it isn't as "epic" as Steins;Gate in feeling, but time will tell.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 17:31   Link #192
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
One of the main reasons why Chaos;Head failed (aside from poorly translated VN-anime story and inconsistent animation) is that the director previously worked on kiddy stuff (Maple Story, Otogi-chan Akazukin) before working on this I think.
Eeh, didn't know.

I avoid to watch VN-based anime since they often suck. There are some exceptions as Steins;Gate of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Script writer is definitely not enough. Part of what made Steins;Gate really work as well as it did was just an overall fantastic production (Beside the visual quality which was fairly standard). In particular it was the directing (There were two). Hiroshi Hamasaki's work on Texhnolyze and Steins;Gate is fantastic, cinematography is really strong in his works. I don't think Robotic;Notes has quite the same staff, but it does have the budget. I think the main question is if the story is adequate enough. The impression I am getting is that it isn't as "epic" as Steins;Gate in feeling, but time will tell.
The demo is interesting, but the whole game isn't that much indeed.

At least, S;G has material to be interesting following the line of "Science Adventure", but I found R;N to be more soft in the plot. Hope they make this interesting as anime. Manga series and spin-offs are doing well from what I've seen.
Old 2012-09-17, 18:13   Link #193
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Another critical element to the success of S;G was the cast. The dialogue in that show was fantastic - there was a rhythm to the exchanges that was like a 30's screwball comedy, and the whole cast - especially Miyano and Imai - were perfect in their roles. There's nothing wrong with the cast for R;N, but we'll just have to see if they have that kind of chemistry.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 05:42   Link #194
HasuMasu
*Artist

Hopes aren't too high on that front, Miyano is the man after all.

Though, I still don't know the premise...
Old 2012-09-18, 18:51   Link #195
kobester11

DAT CHARACTER DESIGNS!!!!!!!!!!! (YES)?!!!!!!!!! I like the ones in the game but... but... (THIS IS OKAY)

Anyways, a full production IG noitamina block next season!!!?? Oh (yeah)!!!!!...
Production IG is kinda (GOOD), when I heard that they're gonna do this, I lifted my expectations higher.

But when I saw the char design, the director, the production values.... It's like (GitS) all over again!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kobester11; 2012-09-21 at 16:01. Reason: hahaha
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 19:11   Link #196
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Okay, I just watched a special edition of imagine-nation on NHK World and one of its features is Robotics;Notes. Here are what I found out:

• According to the show, the anime series would be 22 episodes long.
• The original game is like Steins;Gate such that it requires the player to find clues from information received from the device provided for them (in Steins;Gate, it is Okabe's phone, while in Robotics;Notes, it is the male lead's Augmented Reality device.) Although much of the game is text and fixed backgrounds, the characters themselves are 3D animated sprites.
• The story revolves around a plan that a particular organization wants to use in a terrorist plot. This plan can only be discovered by using Augmented Reality, and the male lead ends up discovering that plan. It's a bit "similar but different" from Steins;Gate isn't it?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 19:48   Link #197
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
DAT CHARACTER DESIGNS!!!!!!!!!!! WTH HAPPENED?!!!!!!!!! I like the ones in the game but... but.... bvtyhumnrnytiujhbremyu
What you talking about the chara design better than in the VN..

For Visual novel's sprite they look bland as hell, considering that only for sprite and still.. I like the conversion better because feel not much that we lose. If chara design for the VN is that great (or unique) its should more noticeable, considering like I said in VN they're only sprite and still and not.. you know, moving.

I don't feel like that in this case.. the animated design even have its own charm.
Old 2012-09-18, 20:03   Link #198
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Did anyone thought that the plot of Robotic;Notes would not be far different from Steins;Gate?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 10:26   Link #199
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

I can see some similarities between the two series:

-A group of friends working on an "unrealistic" or "crazy" plan, like time travels and robots.
-Each MC has a particular personality.
-The childhood friend is a female.
-There is a secret organization trying to accomplish some kind of malicious plan.
-etc.

The same with Chaos;Head (VN). The difference with Robotics;Notes is that we already are in the robotics researching in real life, so it's not that impossible, as the D-mails and NOAH (for now).

Honestly, I don't know how they will do the anime, even knowing the VN and the system it does use
Old 2012-09-22, 11:37   Link #200
kobester11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
What you talking about the chara design better than in the VN..

For Visual novel's sprite they look bland as hell, considering that only for sprite and still.. I like the conversion better because feel not much that we lose. If chara design for the VN is that great (or unique) its should more noticeable, considering like I said in VN they're only sprite and still and not.. you know, moving.

I don't feel like that in this case.. the animated design even have its own charm.
They're actually moving though, being toonshaded and all...

The animated one looks like it came from a very cliche eroge adaptation
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
science fiction