AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 1 10.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 40.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 10.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-07-26, 05:54   Link #41
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Both have issues with their logic:

Makoto: He wishes to change people with hope, even if the said persons are embodiement of despair themselves. The problem is that if the person refuses to change, more casualties will happen on the long run.
Considering the monokuma hunter game, bringing hope to FF members won't change the fact there is a traitor on the loose.

Kyosuke: By exterminating despair whenever he can, he will cause a number of sacrifices that could have been prevented. His extreme view guarantees the eradication of despair on the very long run, but a huge number of innocent will die as result. Considering the monokuma hunter game, his logic will work, but it wouldn't be surprising if there would be only 1-2 survivors at most as result
I think Kyosuke's pretty much a sociopath at this point.
Old 2016-07-26, 08:09   Link #42
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I am actually assuming that the reason why Gozu fake killed Asahina was an act of self sacrifice. That is to say that he knew someone in their room was gonna die and by making the killer think Asahina was already dead he'd be the next available target.
If killer/traitor is Monokuma OR he/she is cooperating with Monokuma, shouldn't killer/traitor knew that Asahina death was fake? Monokuma is watching them, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister

But wait! Why not kill Naegi?

Probably because the killer's restriction is that he cannot kill Naegi. This coincides with Monokuma's desire to finally bring him down into despair.
If that really the goal, shouldn't Monokuma make the rule that no one can kill Naegi outside the killing time?

Also, if that is true then this Monokuma is probably not Junko. Real/original Junko will know that Naegi will never give up to the despair.

At this point, I'm wondering about..

- The crime scenes, why did all the death bodies (so far) get hang up high and not on the ground? Just to make it looks cool?

- Why don't Hagakure watch the broadcast of the game? He can use his mobile phone to see it if he want to know what is happening inside. Did Monokuma lie about the broadcast? No signal?

Last edited by Marina2; 2016-07-26 at 08:26.
Old 2016-07-26, 11:52   Link #43
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ketchup, seriously?
I'm glad Aoi is alive, but that makes last week's cliffhanger seem really cheap. Give me back my tears!

Kyousuke is an idiot. Can't he realize he's playing right into Monokuma's hands? Having the Future Fondation members killing each other is exactly what he wants. I thought this was what he meant when talked about an even worse outcome than death.
Old 2016-07-26, 12:29   Link #44
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
If killer/traitor is Monokuma OR he/she is cooperating with Monokuma, shouldn't killer/traitor knew that Asahina death was fake? Monokuma is watching them, you know.
Remember that Sakura was "officially" working for Monokuma yet they didn't act like best buddies. The fact someone is working for him doesn't mean Monokuma will give them enough information. Hell, it is entirely possible that the attacker has a real NG action. As Kyouko said, the rules are at the attacker disadvantage so the attacker doesn't really have much luxury in there.

Furthermore, it is possible that the attacker had very little time left. They have a time limit after all. Also, even if they realized Aoi was alive (assuming the farce was done by Gozu for example), Aoi doesn't strike as a "threat" unlike Gozu who was firmly against mutual killing to the point of claiming he would even sacrifice his life to prevent that.
If you were to consider the despair side, Gozu, Kyouko and Kyousuke are the top priority targets if we ignore Makoto.
Quote:
If that really the goal, shouldn't Monokuma make the rule that no one can kill Naegi outside the killing time?
It would be more interesting for Monokuma to have someone from FF to kill him instead of the attacker.
Quote:
- Why don't Hagakure watch the broadcast of the game? He can use his mobile phone to see it if he want to know what is happening inside. Did Monokuma lie about the broadcast? No signal?
Yasuhiro is more concerned about Makoto and co's welfare, and it isn't like he is aware that the Monokuma Hunter is currently broadcasted. To begin with, there is no indication how Monokuma is broadcasting it: it doesn't have to be through internet.
Old 2016-07-26, 15:08   Link #45
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So.... Am I the only one who thinks Student President guy is unable to open doors? It seemed like that last episode. And it happened again in this one.
Old 2016-07-26, 17:40   Link #46
Brother Coa
Banned

I think so too, that scene where he breaks glass instead of going trough obvious door to the right pretty much confirms it.
Old 2016-07-26, 20:40   Link #47
Nvis
Where are the good animes

They're not showing us the corpses anymore.
Old 2016-07-27, 09:09   Link #48
Chosen_Hero

Salt level before episode: Super Saiyan

(Watches first few minutes)

Salt level: Yamcha

Glad Asahina is still alive.
Old 2016-07-27, 11:15   Link #49
devilo96

watched eps 1 again.....hmmm why i can see a tears in victim eyes....maybe she know the killer is someone who close to her...
Old 2016-07-27, 13:39   Link #50
com_gwp

BULLSHIT. I just finally got to see the episode, and Kodaka, this is bullshit! You can't kill someone, then turn around and say loljk. It doesn't work like that!

This would not have been an issue if they showed it at the end of last episode, because there's clearly something up with Aoi's "fake" death, and which would definitely come into play later on. What I dislike is the bait and switch of a survivor death, and then to immediately take away the consequences of it.

And honestly, the hope vs despair talk at the end was a little bit pushing it as well. I get where Munakata is coming from, but holy crap, the dialogue was hilariously rigid. They didn't have to make literally every other sentence have "Hope" or "Despair" in it, to make the point that Munakata was trying to.
Old 2016-07-28, 11:27   Link #51
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

WOW we just got trolled XD
But i am curious why the killer did that, could this be this mark for Asahina will be the real target next time?

Geez...Munakata seriously thick-headed buffoon huh, his reason not even make sense. It more like grudge than a disagreement, if he is level-headed he should knew that his Naegi kill obsession is worthless.
Old 2016-07-28, 11:32   Link #52
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
BULLSHIT. I just finally got to see the episode, and Kodaka, this is bullshit! You can't kill someone, then turn around and say loljk. It doesn't work like that!

This would not have been an issue if they showed it at the end of last episode, because there's clearly something up with Aoi's "fake" death, and which would definitely come into play later on. What I dislike is the bait and switch of a survivor death, and then to immediately take away the consequences of it.
I agree, now it seems like everyone is so happy that aoi is alive, so much so that gozu's death is pretty much ignored, and I don't think the viewer should be feeling happy when someone dies in a gruesome way.
Personally I was more annoyed than happy which gave the same effect. and here i was praising kodaka for this ballsy move.
Old 2016-07-28, 12:52   Link #53
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think anyone's ignoring Gozu's death. There's just not much to say about it.
Old 2016-07-28, 13:58   Link #54
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't think anyone's ignoring Gozu's death. There's just not much to say about it.
I'm talking about ignoring it on an emotional level.
But even then can't we talk about Gozu's no go action never being revealed, his face never being revealed and him being the most mysterious character in the season.

we can also talk about the attackers agenda in killing Kazuos body guard when he ignored Kyousuke and Sakakura, assuming my coup theory is true killing the most loyal members first would be optimal.
and then there's the potential of killing those closest to Naegi so then he has literally no one on his side. still think Aoi dying would have been more interesting.
Old 2016-07-28, 16:26   Link #55
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SibylEnd View Post
I agree, now it seems like everyone is so happy that aoi is alive, so much so that gozu's death is pretty much ignored, and I don't think the viewer should be feeling happy when someone dies in a gruesome way.
Personally I was more annoyed than happy which gave the same effect. and here i was praising kodaka for this ballsy move.
It's Danganronpa. People dying in gruesome ways is par for the course. We're talking the franchise that gave us a person committing suicide by tying himself, faking torture wounds all over his body, then stabbing himself with a spear AND poisoning himself. We take whatever little joys that are available to us .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2016-07-28, 16:34   Link #56
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

He didn't kill himself though. He just tricked someone else into killing him.

As for what's under The Great Gozu's mask, I don't think that's very important. I never thought it was. I think it's fair to treat his mask as if it's just his face.
Old 2016-07-28, 17:08   Link #57
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SibylEnd View Post
Hey, I'm sad that cow man died but let's be real, it's not like we knew him as well as those from the first anime and apart from what we saw from him in that episode we had next to no investment into his character. Sure, I would have liked to see more of him but we didn't so it's pretty difficult to shed tears for him like I would if it had been Asahina.
Old 2016-07-28, 19:05   Link #58
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Hey, I'm sad that cow man died but let's be real, it's not like we knew him as well as those from the first anime and apart from what we saw from him in that episode we had next to no investment into his character. Sure, I would have liked to see more of him but we didn't so it's pretty difficult to shed tears for him like I would if it had been Asahina.
As one of the few new characters that wasn't batshit insane I was already invested in his character for having enough integrity to not devolve into a sociopath, and quite frankly I didn't want anyone to in that room to die. never mind that the series that has consistently done a good job setting up and killing characters after getting you emotionally invested in them, the only worse death was Bandai who was quite frankly only there to illiterate a rule. There is also the fact that Naegi is taken aback and we the viewer are left confused/happy about Asahinas fake death, as this kind of dissidence between the characters emotions and the viewers when inciting an emotional response is just a badly presented death.

It's just bad writing when the greater majority of viewers are feeling happy that Gozu died instead of Asahina, and this has been the only instance when sadness wasn't the primary emotion invoked by virtue of the messy twist. Esspecially since the last moments before his death were focused on setting up Asahina's death rather than properly giving Gozu either closure or setting up reasons for his death to mean anything, now he just died because someone had to die and not for the sake of invoking despair short of him believing in Naegi and future foundation (which is as 1 dimensional as it gets). As it's as much that the character was both handled poorly and his death was executed poorly.

In regards to gauging how well people would care about someone versus how well they know them or how much time they had with them; most people through their first playthrough of Danganronpa didn't end up knowing much about Nekomaru or other jocks, you have to really dedicate the time to get their backstory or learn anything significant about them. it's more about getting attached to the vibrant personalities of the series, as those are the most lively qualities of the person. i.e. it's not like i'll have to know someones backstory in real life to be saddened by their death.
That and great Gozu was actually one of the more popular characters if you check the Dangan wiki poll and i'll admit I liked the character and I would feel more saddened if I wasn't so annoyed about how a death in the series was played up for shock value, more so when the series has consistently had well written deaths up until the start of this season.
Old 2016-07-29, 03:36   Link #59
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
He didn't kill himself though. He just tricked someone else into killing him.
Eh, by all sensible definitions it's suicide. By any legal system except the completely fucked up one Monokuma uses it wouldn't have been Chiaki's fault. It was one of the cleverest mysteries I've ever read and it was generally great, but only worked due to the specific circumstances of the setting. In the real world no one would be jailed over such a contrived setup.

Quote:
It's just bad writing when the greater majority of viewers are feeling happy that Gozu died instead of Asahina, and this has been the only instance when sadness wasn't the primary emotion invoked by virtue of the messy twist.
First, we don't entirely know whether this wasn't all a big sleight of hand. We all (in and out of show) were so relieved to see Asahina still alive that we may have disregarded WHY what transpired has happened that way. While it was all mighty suspicious. I wouldn't call it bad writing really. As I said, this is a mystery; death is part of the game and emotional investment in the victims is often minimal. A violent murder in a slice of life series would be a HUGE deal; a violent murder in Detective Conan is just another day. In a mystery, death is primarily a means to an end, and the end is setting up a puzzle to solve. This is a genre that usually speaks to the brain before speaking to the heart. You can have variations, and Danganronpa as a franchise certainly uses a bit of character development to also generate emotional reactions but it's not under contract to do so, especially in the early stages of the game when the more disposable fodder is killed off.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2016-07-29, 05:01   Link #60
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know, the writer seems very good at triggering certain reactions from the audience. I was pretty devastated at Maizono's death. Most of the circumstances pointed to her being the first victim, while at the same time a lot of people felt attached to her anyways and hoped for her to be 'the heroine', so to speak.

I'm willing to give him a pass here, because maybe our relief at Asahina's survival lessening the impact of The Great Gozu's death, might be intentional. Because somewhere in the back of our minds, it makes us feel a bit icky for feeling relief at the death of someone other than the one we didn't want to die.
Closed Thread