AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 1 10.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 40.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 10.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-07-29, 06:28   Link #61
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
First, we don't entirely know whether this wasn't all a big sleight of hand. We all (in and out of show) were so relieved to see Asahina still alive that we may have disregarded WHY what transpired has happened that way. While it was all mighty suspicious. I wouldn't call it bad writing really. As I said, this is a mystery; death is part of the game and emotional investment in the victims is often minimal. A violent murder in a slice of life series would be a HUGE deal; a violent murder in Detective Conan is just another day. In a mystery, death is primarily a means to an end, and the end is setting up a puzzle to solve. This is a genre that usually speaks to the brain before speaking to the heart. You can have variations, and Danganronpa as a franchise certainly uses a bit of character development to also generate emotional reactions but it's not under contract to do so, especially in the early stages of the game when the more disposable fodder is killed off.
Yeah I won't refute that the whole situation is more of a mystery more so than a emotional jolt, doesn't mean it's not a poorly written death in context to emotion. more so when the other characters are feeling the emotion that the viewer isn't, Kirigiri even criticises Kazuo for having no reaction to the apparent death of Gozu as a way to imply there is something wrong with him and that everyone should be feeling something. well it could have been Kirigiri testing Kazuo but even then don't Kirigiri and Kazuo go way back?
Edit: well Kirigiri was asking more about Kazuo's lack of surprise now that I think about it.

Then there's the locked room element of the murder which everyone disregards, infact everyone in the room also ignores Asahinas fake murder. well i'm just finding it hard to believe it's all about the mystery when everyone and their mothers don't seem to care about the how or the why. Even Kyousuke could have made a point about how Gozu's death is weird and that Asahina, Makoto and Miaya are the prime suspects.

Last edited by SibylEnd; 2016-07-29 at 06:38.
Old 2016-07-29, 06:43   Link #62
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SibylEnd View Post
Then there's the locked room element of the murder which everyone disregards, infact everyone in the room also ignores Asahinas fake murder. well i'm just finding it hard to believe it's all about the mystery when everyone and their mothers don't seem to care about the how or the why. Even Kyousuke could have made a point about how Gozu's death is weird and that Asahina, Makoto and Miaya are the prime suspects.
That I can get behind. There's a general feeling of carelessness that doesn't reflect especially in what I'd expect experienced people like Makoto and Asahina to do in that kind of situation. I understand that Makoto doesn't want to suspect his companions, but when you're in a locked room, one person gets killed, the other is a friend you couldn't possibly suspect, maybe don't go revealing your weak point to the third one...? No one investigated properly Chisa's corpse or crime scene and no one investigated properly this one. I think part of it though is meant to convey the sense of urgency due to the time limit imposed by the bracelets - this is a far more fast-paced game than the previous ones. It's also possible that there's something more hidden there (what if MAKOTO is the murderer, due to some sort of brainwashing that went on while he was logged into the New World program?). Either way, yeah, the pacing is off in that sense, but I don't think the emotional detachment is in itself the big problem. It's more the fact that everyone seems generally dumber and less thoughtful than you'd expect from people who survived for years now only thanks to their wits and cool mindedness in front of death.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2016-07-29, 06:56   Link #63
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It wasn't a locked room murder. There is a blatant hole in the ceiling. Considering how Gozu was killed, it isn't far fetched to expect the culprit to have entered and escaped by that route.
Old 2016-07-29, 07:32   Link #64
SibylEnd
Fighting Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It wasn't a locked room murder. There is a blatant hole in the ceiling. Considering how Gozu was killed, it isn't far fetched to expect the culprit to have entered and escaped by that route.
oh Wow I never noticed that. I'm on a wrong streak this week aren't I, I'm kind of impressed how I can blatantly misinterpret events and information so consistently. also I remembered kirigiri's comment incorrectly she didn't say that in context to gozu's death
Old 2016-07-29, 08:31   Link #65
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Didn't realise that either . Well, that settles that then. Still, the hole could have been made to mislead Makoto in thinking the killer came from the outside, but it's not as likely.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2016-07-29, 09:40   Link #66
Marina2

Anyone find it strange that there is no announcement about who get killed?. If Naegi didn't announce Gozu's death, most people won't know who got killed.
Old 2016-07-29, 12:53   Link #67
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, as for not paying attention to the investigation, it was kind of important to protect Naegi from getting killed by the rest.
Old 2016-07-29, 14:27   Link #68
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Anyone find it strange that there is no announcement about who get killed?. If Naegi didn't announce Gozu's death, most people won't know who got killed.
It is drastically different compared to DR1 and DR2 because the murderer is (supposedly) alone and work for Monokuma, so unless Monokuma announces they won the game, they should expect that someone was killed.

In general sense, Monokuma Hunter is barebone in term of rules.
Old 2016-07-29, 16:52   Link #69
xellos2099

I had through they were trapped in soem kind fo vr but now i think about it Hagakure is outside real time so that part is unlikely
Old 2016-07-29, 16:57   Link #70
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The VR thing in the second game had an actual reason for happening. What would the point of it be this time? It's not like Naegi needs deprogramming.
Old 2016-07-30, 03:28   Link #71
Calca
Expressionless

Goddamn troll. I was pissed off for a good while after last week. Of course her instadeath is something that's easy to occur so I wouldn't be surprised if Naegi does something like ducks a punch and it hits Asahina instead. Then I can rage all over again.
Old 2016-07-30, 18:27   Link #72
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Spoiler:

Moving on with the episode, the climax and creme was the confrontation of ideals engaged between Munakata and Naegi, and, sure, I felt like Naegi wanting to complain and misjudged Munakata regarding the circumstances at Hope's Peak Academy. However, I had to cool down myself and reading the words as a grown-up in order to see for myself that Munakata and his peers had their own nasty share of despair once the whole world went down the drain.
Nevertheless, Munakata saying that what Naegi went through with Enoshima's Junko game was just a play I feel is either an understatement or underestimating the circumstances that Naegi suffered with the killings and classroom trials.

Naegi's naive while Munakata's down to earth, and, separately, those two opposite attitudes can be easily exploited and turned dangerous for others. The best course could be those two complimenting each others' attitudes in order to bring forth a newer hope. But, still that's also a naive thought as well since Munakata understands that nature is wise but brutal, and the world on its own can be a cold place only for the strong to dwell on it; power makes people to move.

To me what I come to understand is that Enoshima Junko by herself posed less of a danger, however, the thousands and thousands of followers she made by tempting them with despair on her behalf was what made the Danganronpa world go down totally crapsack.

Fear the masses more than the leader, since they'll move carrying undescribable acts whether be by words, beliefs, and/or actions.

Last edited by Guido; 2016-07-31 at 08:26.
Old 2016-07-31, 03:21   Link #73
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

For now my bet is on a Monokuma/Enoshima AI as well as at least one human ally (the killer). There are also conspirators on the outside since this is clearly not a one man effort. Unless the helpers on the outside are monokumas.
Old 2019-02-23, 11:33   Link #74
FFTHEWINNER

Finished the third Future Arc episode

-at first i was like "DAMN! This is the biggest troll moment ever XD" then i was like "wait... OH F***!!!". I have to say, that was some masterful execution right there (pun unintended). Poor Great Gozu. My favorite character :'(

-been thinking for awhile,is the wheelchair girl really crippled? we have seen no evidence of that at all,and we dont know her back story. there is a possibility that she isnt. however,i doubt it as i dont think the author will pull a trick that was used in the most recent game again

-so far every forbidden action we have seen is extremely dangerous. that trend will most likely continue unfortunately. also, asahina is pretty much guaranteed to die for real at some point now with that forbidden action .

-that move by Naegi is REALLY stupid. it is literally the last thing any sane person would have done in that situation.he would have been dead in a second after announcing that if he didnt have plot armor. i am curious about how he managed to escape after the end of this episode though. probably docked or blocked the sword with something.

-the "Zombie Werewolf Pharmacist" bit was pretty funny XD. although as a pharmacist myself i am somewhat pissed off that our "Ultimate Representation" in DR is that thing >_>

-so the scout said he is "going to meet that girl", and Hagakure is obviously outside the game (and is utterly useless lol. bloody damn XD),which means the number of survivors doesnt match what we know.
conclusion: Monaca is the 16th survivor. not sure what her role is though: monokuma operator,murderer, or a third option. afterall, if the translation is correct, monokuma said the murderer is "a betrayer". Thus, Monaca shouldnt be the murderer,as she was the enemy from the beginning not a betrayer. she could be the operator and the scout the traitor,but somehow i feel like this is too obvious. so i am not certain what her role precisely is.

-was the argument between Naego and sword dude aired via the telecom system? i hope it did,as it exposes both their personalities perfectly,but the anime made it look like it didnt,so i am not certain.

overall,i enjoyed this future episode FAR more than i enjoyed the previous two. hopefully the quality continues to improve
Closed Thread