AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 4 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 41.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-08-17, 07:02   Link #41
bonsobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Komaeda is Naegi darker opposite, his hope is twisted and the ending of AE has established Komaeda being ally or mentor to Monaka.
Regardless they have to return Komaeda in DR3-future arc to fulfill his long time built hype.
No they don't. His story is being told in the Despair arc and that's where he should stay. None of this mastermind business and whatnot. He's in a coma and that's that. Yes he has luck but he's not God. I wish people would realise that.
Old 2016-08-17, 07:16   Link #42
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
No they don't. His story is being told in the Despair arc and that's where he should stay. None of this mastermind business and whatnot. He's in a coma and that's that. Yes he has luck but he's not God. I wish people would realise that.
It merely speculation because he was among the despairs who died on game but so far there are no any proof that confirmed Nagito really in comatose ,leaving Nagito fate unknown tbh.
And Despair arc is prequel story, the focus not in the future.
Yes,maybe we will have intersection event of Despair arcto future arc later but it will connect to future arc nonetheless.
Old 2016-08-17, 07:53   Link #43
Marina2

Quote:
Komaeda is Naegi darker opposite, his hope is twisted and the ending of AE has established Komaeda being ally or mentor to Monaka.
Regardless they have to return Komaeda in DR3-future arc to fulfill his long time built hype.
Some people theorize that Monaca is trying to do the opposite of Komaeda by creating the biggest hope possible before crushing it into the despair. That's why she is "helping" Naegi right now.

Since Monaca (as Miaya) contacted to 14th branch directly out of all all branches, she probably intended to let Togami to know about the situation and yes, she probably expected that Togami knows about the death of real Miaya too. There is also high chance that she has predicted that Komaru and Toko will come to hunt her down.

This is probably similar to her plan in UDG, where in a good guy eyes, it looks like her plan is going to fail but in fact, it is going very well and she has everything under her control
Old 2016-08-17, 08:01   Link #44
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
I believe you misunderstand. Forcing them to play this game doesn't bring hope. It's not like Komaeda to do something like this.
Old 2016-08-17, 09:00   Link #45
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Some people theorize that Monaca is trying to do the opposite of Komaeda by creating the biggest hope possible before crushing it into the despair. That's why she is "helping" Naegi right now.

Since Monaca (as Miaya) contacted to 14th branch directly out of all all branches, she probably intended to let Togami to know about the situation and yes, she probably expected that Togami knows about the death of real Miaya too. There is also high chance that she has predicted that Komaru and Toko will come to hunt her down.

This is probably similar to her plan in UDG, where in a good guy eyes, it looks like her plan is going to fail but in fact, it is going very well and she has everything under her control
She's genius so most likely she had predicted and prepared a conter measure plan if not then a totally dumb move executed by Monaca to called out Togami for sake to troll Naegi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I believe you misunderstand. Forcing them to play this game doesn't bring hope. It's not like Komaeda to do something like this.
Aren't Komaeda hope is to bring absolute despair to birth absolute hope?
I think he should has not any problem with Monaca killing game so long she true to Nagito ideal.........well,maybe Komaeda is not mastermind but i still want to see him in bad side for sake to see Naegi vs Komaeda.
Old 2016-08-17, 11:23   Link #46
com_gwp

Quote:
Komaeda's modus operandi has always been to tread the line between despair and hope, and taking some seriously large jumps in logic (and morality) to arrive at his abstract, twisted idea of hope. As Roxis said, he has no qualms about creating despair, nor the type of hope he wants to birth, as he did in UDG with the adults (as the game itself puts it, black hope). So it's largely impossible to say whether or not this is something he is capable of, especially if he has some end goal in mind.

My own thoughts on it; While I don't think he would appear either, I wouldn't count out Junko or Komaeda to have had a hand in creating the whole situation.
Old 2016-08-17, 13:30   Link #47
AC-Phoenix
Detective

The entire problem is that we don't know whether Monokuma and Monaca are the same.

I'd personally like to think they are not as it would make explaining the deaths a lot easier. However we already saw that she has a Monokuma with her this episode so there is a good chance she is the master mind after all and just controlling Miaya on the side to troll Naegi.

Right now there are just too many open questions such as how Munataka came into the possession of Seiko's drug (if he isn't the culprit that is) or why Ruruka acts so fucking out of character ever since EP 5.
Both of them have a pretty good chance of being the culprit atm, yet Ruruka is lacking a higher motive for it considering how she doesn't seem to want Naegi dead but rather Munataka.

Ironically she even has a definite motive for 2 deaths namely Chisa's and Seiko's. Hoever this raises the question why she didn't kill Seiko first, as her motive for Chisa is far less severe.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-08-17, 13:47   Link #48
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I am SURE that Komaeda is related to this crisis. He kind of foreshadowed this to me when he did the bomb plot in the despair arc when he says, "when hope clashes with another's hope, I want to see what results from this." This is EXACTLY that, hope vs hope. Another thing in this twisted logic is that he does see Naegi as the Ultimate Hope in which he surpasses all other hopes while going by his own dilemma of being a stepstone to that goal.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2016-08-17, 16:00   Link #49
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The entire problem is that we don't know whether Monokuma and Monaca are the same.

I'd personally like to think they are not as it would make explaining the deaths a lot easier. However we already saw that she has a Monokuma with her this episode so there is a good chance she is the master mind after all and just controlling Miaya on the side to troll Naegi.

Right now there are just too many open questions such as how Munataka came into the possession of Seiko's drug (if he isn't the culprit that is) or why Ruruka acts so fucking out of character ever since EP 5.
Both of them have a pretty good chance of being the culprit atm, yet Ruruka is lacking a higher motive for it considering how she doesn't seem to want Naegi dead but rather Munataka.

Ironically she even has a definite motive for 2 deaths namely Chisa's and Seiko's. Hoever this raises the question why she didn't kill Seiko first, as her motive for Chisa is far less severe.
Monaca controls Monokumas. This is entirely normal. I don't think this makes her the mastermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Komaeda's modus operandi has always been to tread the line between despair and hope, and taking some seriously large jumps in logic (and morality) to arrive at his abstract, twisted idea of hope. As Roxis said, he has no qualms about creating despair, nor the type of hope he wants to birth, as he did in UDG with the adults (as the game itself puts it, black hope). So it's largely impossible to say whether or not this is something he is capable of, especially if he has some end goal in mind.
But the point of the game is absolute despair with no room for hope, isn't it?
Old 2016-08-17, 17:22   Link #50
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Monaca controls Monokumas. This is entirely normal. I don't think this makes her the mastermind.
I can only agree on that, since it would pretty much reduce her to be a side character whose only meaning is to troll Naegi.
She can only be either Monokuma or the Killer; Yet considering how shocked Munataka was, the answer could have hardly been Towa Monaca.
Heck right now even Ruruka has a greater chance of being the killer than she has.

My money as to the answer actually goes to either his own name, Chisa's or the Boxers (last one is imho astronomically low), as these are the only names that would actually shock him.

Of course there is neither a guarantee that the director's answer is actually right, nor that there is only one attacker.

For all we know the meaning of him stabbing Chisa could be that the Super High School Mad Scientist turned the dead, who died during the killer time, into Zombies that can only move (and thus attack) during the night. (To my own awe this joke of mine would even explain why there are two victims this time - but yeah its still a Joke and by no means meant as something else. )

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-08-17, 17:32   Link #51
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
My money as to the answer actually goes to either his own name, Chisa's or the Boxers (last one is imho astronomically low), as these are the only names that would actually shock him.
I don't get why everyone seems to dismiss Juzo outright... he may not be the mastermind but there's a lot pointing to him potentially being the attacker.
Old 2016-08-17, 17:52   Link #52
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I don't get why everyone seems to dismiss Juzo outright... he may not be the mastermind but there's a lot pointing to him potentially being the attacker.
Pro and Con (current status)

Well lets sum the incriminating stuff about him up:

- A hunch turned out to be at least partly true
- he was following around Kyouko the entire time
- He was the only one not in a group for 5 episodes.

Against him:

- The culprit shouldn't have any interest in Kyouko performing an examanination of Seiko's corpse.
- He isn't bound by the detective's restrictions, his hunches are thus allowed to turn out true.
- Munataka wouldn't be so shocked about his name being spoken out by the director.
- His name being spoken wouldn't cause Munataka to re-kill Chisa.
- As ultimate scout he wouldn't underestimate Kyouko like that and kill her first.

So basically its not even the amount of reasons why people don't consider him at this point, but rather the weight of said reasons compared to the one speaking for him.

Old 2016-08-17, 18:11   Link #53
stray
Classic Yandere

You're mixing characters up... Juzo Sakakura is the SHSL Boxer; Koichi Kizakura is the Hope's Peak talent scout. I'm talking about the boxer.

So far Juzo's (assumed) NG is the only one obviously linked (alibi?) to his talent, and if Tengan suspected Juzo the interchange between him and Munakata makes a lot of sense. Could also explain why Munakata is collecting weapons and acting like he's in Die Hard.
Old 2016-08-17, 18:23   Link #54
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
I can only agree on that, since it would pretty much reduce her to be a side character whose only meaning is to troll Naegi.
She can only be either Monokuma or the Killer; Yet considering how shocked Munataka was, the answer could have hardly been Towa Monaca.
Heck right now even Ruruka has a greater chance of being the killer than she has.

Of course there is neither a guarantee that the director's answer is actually right, nor that there is only one attacker.

For all we know the meaning of him stabbing Chisa could be that the Super High School Mad Scientist turned the dead, who died during the killer time, into Zombies that can only move (and thus attack) during the night. (To my own awe this joke of mine would even explain why there are two victims this time - but yeah its still a Joke and by no means meant as something else. )
Why does she have to be either the mastermind or the attacker? Why can't she be neither? And why does her being neither make her pointless? Is there only worth to a villain if they are the one behind everything? We don't know what her game is. It could literally be anything.
Old 2016-08-17, 20:09   Link #55
tuckersister

We still dunno who was also in Munakata's class besides Chisa and Juzo.
Old 2016-08-17, 20:44   Link #56
com_gwp

Quote:
But the point of the game is absolute despair with no room for hope, isn't it?
Sure, no arguments there; what we know of the DR3 game so far can't be described as any more than that. I'm just playing with the assumption that there's more to the motive of this game than just "creating absolute despair". In such a scenario, it is impossible to tell if Komaeda could have been capable of starting the game, especially if he expects some random kind of hope to spawn from it.
Old 2016-08-17, 21:04   Link #57
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
You're mixing characters up... Juzo Sakakura is the SHSL Boxer; Koichi Kizakura is the Hope's Peak talent scout. I'm talking about the boxer.

So far Juzo's (assumed) NG is the only one obviously linked (alibi?) to his talent, and if Tengan suspected Juzo the interchange between him and Munakata makes a lot of sense. Could also explain why Munakata is collecting weapons and acting like he's in Die Hard.
The boxer is valid yes. Though Ruruka is atm still a lot more suspicious as she is basically pulling a Celestia on people right now. (Although her acting is a lot better than the so called 'queen of liars' - that is if I got the rooms right )

Quote:
Why does she have to be either the mastermind or the attacker? Why can't she be neither? And why does her being neither make her pointless? Is there only worth to a villain if they are the one behind everything? We don't know what her game is. It could literally be anything.
There is a reason Togami suspects her - and imho he is right.
If she is neither it would reduce the so called 'new Junko' to a mere 3rd rate villian that never managed to get even close to pulling off what she actually wanted to achieve(total despair). - If she is neither she is pretty much reduced to what she currently does: A bullying troll.
There is also the issue of the military grade helicopters which I honestly can't believe are easy to aquire even if the despair forces are largely decimated.

Old 2016-08-18, 00:49   Link #58
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't understand how not being the mastermind makes her third rate.
Old 2016-08-18, 04:10   Link #59
R.LocK
My turn

Monaca not being the mastermind would make the situation in Future Side a mirror of what Junko has in front of her in Despair Side which would make a lot of sense.
Old 2016-08-18, 18:22   Link #60
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I don't know about Mitarai, now.....I don't think the sugar-treat girl is the mastermind.

I always thought the Talent-scout teacher was the mastermind. He's also the one that scouted Junko & Mukuro, knowing well they were the Despair sisters.

Also, not sure why Munakata stabbed corpse Chisa.
Closed Thread