AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2013-11-09, 06:51   Link #261
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

What is the merit of going to night battle? Just to clear the map? Or only then you will get card drop/ or higher chance for card drop?

With no energy limitation, it seems resources (and time due to fatigue or reparation) will be the main limit. The second however could be eliminated by having a larger squad (like 12 ships to rotate).

So i guess the beef in this game must be resources then?
Old 2013-11-09, 07:24   Link #262
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
What is the merit of going to night battle? Just to clear the map? Or only then you will get card drop/ or higher chance for card drop?
Just to clear the map, really. The experience on a clear is a little higher, but note you don't actually HAVE to sink all enemy ships to clear a node.

The problem with night battles is that they're considered a separate instance, meaning you might stumble into one with your girls already fatigued, which is BAD. Also night battles have increased chance of critical hits, on BOTH sides, which means higher chances of your ships getting sunk too.
Old 2013-11-09, 07:35   Link #263
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Just to clear the map, really. The experience on a clear is a little higher, but note you don't actually HAVE to sink all enemy ships to clear a node.

The problem with night battles is that they're considered a separate instance, meaning you might stumble into one with your girls already fatigued, which is BAD. Also night battles have increased chance of critical hits, on BOTH sides, which means higher chances of your ships getting sunk too.
How do you know whether we have cleared a node then? Just survive through it?
Old 2013-11-09, 07:39   Link #264
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
How do you know whether we have cleared a node then? Just survive through it?
By winning obviously. While S rank is obviously something to shoot for, A or B rank are often enough to clear a node.

Oh, and Klash, I don't think anyone has answered my quest about stat growth. Is it every level, or every two levels?
Old 2013-11-09, 07:43   Link #265
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
By winning obviously. While S rank is obviously something to shoot for, A or B rank are often enough to clear a node.

Oh, and Klash, I don't think anyone has answered my quest about stat growth. Is it every level, or every two levels?
But just exchange fire with enemy counts as winning? Like is there a certain requirement to win? (as i thought sink all ships were)
Old 2013-11-09, 07:51   Link #266
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

See the Combat section for answers on that.
Old 2013-11-09, 08:03   Link #267
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Hey thank...

On expedition, is it 50-50 on whether it success or not? Cause i was running the 3rd one with 3DD as required, but apparently earned no resources so far

Edit: found the reason, flagship level is also part of the requirement

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-11-09 at 09:00.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 09:00   Link #268
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Hey thank...

On expedition, is it 50-50 on whether it success or not? Cause i was running the 3rd one with 3DD as required, but apparently earned no resources so far
Is the level of the flagship high enough,? I had a few failed expedition probably because of that.
Old 2013-11-09, 09:06   Link #269
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Is the level of the flagship high enough,? I had a few failed expedition probably because of that.
Yeah it is, also just found about it too

Resources ended up as strained as it was. Still got all DD so far, except an Isuzu. And it seems Rank A has quite low card drop rate if comparing with S?

Should i start a bit on modernization or it won't be worth it at level 7-8? Maybe try to get Isuzu into lvl 12 for Kai 1st?
Old 2013-11-09, 14:06   Link #270
Rias

Almost could've finished E-2... on the 4th engagement, my fleet managed to heavily damage the boss, while getting all the other ships sunk. The battle ended without going to the day phase, and I think I was just missing that 1-2 clicks from the bar from finishing it.

The hurdle is definitely resources. I have no problems with buckets yet.
Old 2013-11-09, 14:45   Link #271
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
To be really honest, I don't even pay attention to stats gain with level up since I always go brute force with modernization when the ship is done with the remodel process.
Quote:
Should i start a bit on modernization or it won't be worth it at level 7-8? Maybe try to get Isuzu into lvl 12 for Kai 1st?
Modernization is only worth if the ship is already in its last remodel, or if the next remodel will take ages to reach (i.e Hibiki, Shigure, Yudachi), since the remodel will reset the modernization gain.
Old 2013-11-09, 16:34   Link #272
Gravitas Free Zone

They're all chibified...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 17:15   Link #273
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
To be really honest, I don't even pay attention to stats gain with level up since I always go brute force with modernization when the ship is done with the remodel process.
I was wondering about the stats that you can't modify via Modernization, ya see. Stuff like Evade. XD

Edit: Observing Fubuki and Shimakaze leveling from 25-27, it looks the stats increased at 25 and 27, so that does point to increases every 2 levels. Makes sense, with a cap of 99.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-11-09 at 21:08.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 21:35   Link #274
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Currently farming 1st node of 1-4 as boss in this stage always send my whole teams to the public bath.... The potential drop seems to better than 1-3 boss node according to wiki too. (In reality haven't got any significant thing, other than light cruiser....)

Oh well, can take it slow. Have Yuudachi, Hibiki and Shigure to grind anyway. Wished that i got Shimikaze and Yukikaze to make a whole team through

PS: did my first construction which burn through my resources. The product apparently is one of the Mogami or Tone class (with construction time of 1:30). Would have prefer a BB like Kongou but she probably will eat up my resources fast... so it might be for the best here

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-11-09 at 22:25.
Old 2013-11-09, 22:45   Link #275
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
PS: did my first construction which burn through my resources. The product apparently is one of the Mogami or Tone class (with construction time of 1:30). Would have prefer a BB like Kongou but she probably will eat up my resources fast... so it might be for the best here
Heavy cruisers are enough to get you through world 1 though, so thats fine. I had Hagurou as my MVP for the duration until I had leveled enough to hit world 2 ahaha.
Old 2013-11-09, 22:53   Link #276
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I was wondering about the stats that you can't modify via Modernization, ya see. Stuff like Evade. XD
I know, and that's exactly the issue since I rarely check the full status screen of a ship, and don't bother with the general stats due to modernization spree. The only moment I really pay attention to the ship stats is when I compare 2 of them or when I change equipments.
Quote:
Having a BB at this point would just be a dead weight due to the consumption and repair cost.

You should manage your resources so that you can have a sortie times to times, while keeping your ressources around your cap limit. That being said, having CL and CA especially will drain your resources quite quickly early on already.
Old 2013-11-09, 23:57   Link #277
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I reached 2-1 now (got only B for boss), should i start to farm first node of 2-1 or keep going with 1-4?

Party level however...barely reached lvl 10
Old 2013-11-10, 00:30   Link #278
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
I reached 2-1 now (got only B for boss), should i start to farm first node of 2-1 or keep going with 1-4?
Grind fool, grind! Get some ships to 30-ish before you hit 2-4, unless you're willing to cheat and use subs... XD

And 10 is on the extreme low end of clearing World 1. I think my Hagurou was about 14 when I moved on to world 2. ^^;
Old 2013-11-10, 03:32   Link #279
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Grind fool, grind! Get some ships to 30-ish before you hit 2-4, unless you're willing to cheat and use subs... XD

And 10 is on the extreme low end of clearing World 1. I think my Hagurou was about 14 when I moved on to world 2. ^^;
Yeah 2-1 actually dropped more heavy cruiser than i could asked for (3 so far with a duplicate). None was really good through (actually none of the heavy cruiser was really rated highly in the first place).

On a more positive note, got Yukikaze when i tried to craft a sub. Suddenly now I had a worthy flagship after Isuzu turned Kai (a lvl 2 destroyer in fact )
The cruiser aside, the team now consist of Isuzu, and four destroyers: Hibiki, Yukikaze, Yuudachi and Shigure. Which should be in fairly ok position to grind 2.1 over weekday even through probably a bit lack in firepower (which will be risky over night battle). Should i try to move to 2.2 or 2.3 since 2.4 is probably out of question right now?

Edit: a very important question, what do you do with all those destroyers that only add 1 of that torpedo thingy when used for modernisation? Just add it up, or is there a better uses?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-11-10 at 03:45.
Old 2013-11-10, 04:54   Link #280
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Edit: a very important question, what do you do with all those destroyers that only add 1 of that torpedo thingy when used for modernisation? Just add it up, or is there a better uses?
I collect ship girls, so I keep one of each, then use duplicates for modernization. Also destroyers are almost universally required for Expeditions, so you will have to keep at least 12-16 even if you're not up to collecting. Then there's 3-2...

... Actually I think I have every destroyer girl aside from the ones added during the Yamato event the other month, and NONE of them below level 10.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls