Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-04, 09:59   Link #41
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlRitza
has it acctually been done? i mean the fansubbing a game like that
If you with "a game like that" mean a fully animated game School Days is pretty much the only one along with it's pseudo sequel/fandisc Summer Days (but that one uses a different engine). As far as I know extracted clips have been translated by chinese fans and the first chapter (available as download at 0verflow's homepage) has been translated with english subtitles. The torrent looks pretty dead though.

If you mean bishoujo games generally there are a few ongoing and finished projects.

Edit: martino beat me
Old 2006-09-04, 10:08   Link #42
AlRitza
just that guy

Send a message via MSN to AlRitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
I think that a Chinese group has done it. Just search on ED2K for School Days(as video) and it should come up with something.
reply to spuffy also.

darn i dunno chinese, but then again i knew about it, found it in youtube, someone put the eps in it there but all in chinese. thanks. so it has been done b4. didnt cross my mind.
Old 2006-09-05, 12:15   Link #43
martino
makes no files now

It would have been really nice if someone subbed them in english. And does anyone know how long is all the video content in School Days?
Old 2006-09-05, 23:50   Link #44
AlRitza
just that guy

Quote:
It would have been really nice if someone subbed them in english. And does anyone know how long is all the video content in School Days?
u mean video content in the game? checked youtube, ep 2 is about an hour, 3 is about half an hour, 4 is another hour, there is another ep 4 which is 2 hours......, 5 is also about an hour. hahaha i guess that is y no one subbed it yet....
Old 2006-09-09, 09:41   Link #45
martino
makes no files now

So I guess it would be like subbing a really long anime series...

I think the problem lies somewhere else though.

Damn! Damn! Damn1!!! Why doesn't this world use one language...everything would be sp much easier.
Old 2006-09-09, 11:30   Link #46
mone-chan

The Problem with subbing School days or Summer days is that the games have so many different paths to take so you can have 2 versions of episode 1 (several slightly different sub versions of it) 4 versions of episode 2 and so on. the pathing in school days is very complex (a flow chart of it is a 4 page exel document). So to sub the whole thing you would first have to decide which path and to which end you want to do. I don't think any of the subbing groups would want to deal with all the trouble the project would take.
Old 2006-09-09, 13:30   Link #47
AlRitza
just that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mone-chan
The Problem with subbing School days or Summer days is that the games have so many different paths to take so you can have 2 versions of episode 1 (several slightly different sub versions of it) 4 versions of episode 2 and so on. the pathing in school days is very complex (a flow chart of it is a 4 page exel document). So to sub the whole thing you would first have to decide which path and to which end you want to do. I don't think any of the subbing groups would want to deal with all the trouble the project would take.
yes that is one way but there is almost no point if it goes on only one path, den it wont be called a game anymore, its like sit back and watch, click to continue..... so the real reason is kinda like no one is willing to sub all of the eps with the 120 endings and just torrent it online, its just too scary to think about, doin all that eps, using all that time and money to buy all the eps...... it wuld be easier to just learn the language and buy or torrent the eps, i m thinking of doin that....
Old 2006-09-09, 13:33   Link #48
AlRitza
just that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
If you with "a game like that" mean a fully animated game School Days is pretty much the only one along with it's pseudo sequel/fandisc Summer Days (but that one uses a different engine). As far as I know extracted clips have been translated by chinese fans and the first chapter (available as download at 0verflow's homepage) has been translated with english subtitles. The torrent looks pretty dead though.

If you mean bishoujo games generally there are a few ongoing and finished projects.

Edit: martino beat me
have that 1st chapter already, hate the fact that it makes me hooked to find the rest of the eps or the subbed games.... but that is now a distant dream.....
Old 2006-09-09, 14:13   Link #49
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlRitza
yes that is one way but there is almost no point if it goes on only one path, den it wont be called a game anymore, its like sit back and watch, click to continue..... so the real reason is kinda like no one is willing to sub all of the eps with the 120 endings and just torrent it online, its just too scary to think about, doin all that eps, using all that time and money to buy all the eps...... it wuld be easier to just learn the language and buy or torrent the eps, i m thinking of doin that....
Someone already mentioned that learning Japanese is not like learning how to ride a bike. I don't know where you come from("Sg" ???), but it's not a latin based language...so it has to be even harder(if it applies to you).

However it would be much more easier if someone fansubbed it, rather than having everyone learn the language...that's my theory(aka the lazy people).

I watched the first chapter just recently and I must say that it would make a very nice romance anime...
Old 2006-09-09, 15:23   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

English is my primary and I know a fair bit of German and a smattering of Russian but I started Japanese a little over a year ago and I'll say though the *syntax*, grammar, and phonetic script systems are pretty easy - the contextual nature, the modes of speech for different social and honorific situations, and the kanji (which provides a whole other level of "footnote subtext") mean I'll have more than a few years of an interesting challenge ahead.

But hey, learning japanese is cheaper than getting a stupid Porsche for a mid-life crisis and it seems to automatically come with lots of cute women (even if one is married to one, its good to have lots of nice things to look at).
Old 2006-09-11, 11:54   Link #51
AlRitza
just that guy

Quote:
Someone already mentioned that learning Japanese is not like learning how to ride a bike. I don't know where you come from("Sg" ???), but it's not a latin based language...so it has to be even harder(if it applies to you).

However it would be much more easier if someone fansubbed it, rather than having everyone learn the language...that's my theory(aka the lazy people).

I watched the first chapter just recently and I must say that it would make a very nice romance anime...
question for vexx also

Sg is singapore, dunnoe the diffrence in latin based languages or something...... but here english is most used.... will that make it harder to learn?
Old 2006-09-11, 12:10   Link #52
rooboy
Umeboshi!

You have to throw away a lot of assumptions that English makes. It's easy to get to the point where you're reading/listening to low-level Japanese - like Vexx said, it's when you start getting into the complications of kanji, dialects and different types of speech that it starts to get difficult. Some sentences can be difficult to decipher if you don't have enough contextual information to decode them as well.

EDIT: I guess I should have pointed out that this is all in my experience. I have little problem reading something if it's got furigana and little problem watching most anime. Where I run into huge problems is if they use a lot of technical terms (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex comes to mind) or if someone starts speaking in a weird dialect or starts using slang I've never heard before.

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-09-11 at 12:41.
Old 2006-09-11, 12:13   Link #53
martino
makes no files now

Latin based languages are basically most european ones(like Italian, Spanish, German, English, French, Romanian...and many more). They were all "built" on latin, therefore it's not "that" hard to learn another language(like if you are a native Italian speaker you will find it dead easy to learn Spanish). But with Asian languages it is different, as they don't use a latin alphabet(a,b,c,d,e....z) but they use glyphs(kanji) and also I would suppose that the sentence structure would be different as well. That's just my opinion from my limited knowlegde, so it would be better explained by someone who knows both languages fluently.
Old 2006-09-11, 15:18   Link #54
SWPIGWANG

If there is a perfect solution, it would be to hack the subtitle system in the game to display english....after all, the subtitles are implemented as a patch and is probably not build deep into the engine itself.....

BTW, makoto needs to die :P Kotonoha have no idea.....
Old 2006-09-12, 07:24   Link #55
DaFool
Resident devil

I think it's still easiest to just fansub the extracted videos. *easiest meaning its still damn hard and takes too long

Hacking the subtitles still requires reverse engineering.
Old 2006-09-12, 07:54   Link #56
AlRitza
just that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
I think it's still easiest to just fansub the extracted videos. *easiest meaning its still damn hard and takes too long

Hacking the subtitles still requires reverse engineering.
which makes the subbers rethink if it is really worth it to do so.... but it has already been done on this game, subbed in chinese....
Old 2006-09-12, 07:56   Link #57
AlRitza
just that guy

Quote:
Latin based languages are basically most european ones(like Italian, Spanish, German, English, French, Romanian...and many more). They were all "built" on latin, therefore it's not "that" hard to learn another language(like if you are a native Italian speaker you will find it dead easy to learn Spanish). But with Asian languages it is different, as they don't use a latin alphabet(a,b,c,d,e....z) but they use glyphs(kanji) and also I would suppose that the sentence structure would be different as well. That's just my opinion from my limited knowlegde, so it would be better explained by someone who knows both languages fluently.
so learning japanese while being a person using a latin based language as a primary is like learning a completely diffrent language.... it is a diffrent language but its like changing the styles of learning it is it?
Old 2006-09-12, 11:38   Link #58
martino
makes no files now

Maybe not completely different, but "most likely" harder than learning French for example I think...

The Chinese subbers ripped the video from the game and added subs to it, if my information is correct, so they haven't actually translated the game...
Old 2006-11-20, 12:29   Link #59
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

OMG! According to Moonphase (And Moetron), School Days the Anime has been given the green light.

Lets see who gets killed!!! Hehe, Higurashi all over again....without Cicadas

And of course if I checked the above thread on new anime , it's all over there.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.

Last edited by Forbin; 2006-11-20 at 12:57. Reason: Can't read
Old 2006-11-20, 17:09   Link #60
martino
makes no files now

What do you mean???