AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 271 67.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 73 18.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 6.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 2.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.49%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-10, 04:47   Link #201
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Oh dear......maybe code geass is following the 'non cliched' cliche. Where nunally dies..............................

If she seriously is dead... there goes lelouch's sanity.
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 04:49   Link #202
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
I still wonder who thought it would be such a fabulous idea to let the Lancelot sortie into a battle in the middle of a city housing millions of people with what is essentially a tactical nuclear weapon.

Racist glasses bitch may be crazy and all, but how could Pudding and Cecile even allow it to sortie with Freya equipped, even if they damn well knew Suzaku would never (usually) use it? Too dangerous from a logical standpoint.

That was cheap writing, really.

Quote:
Every newly introduced mecha is overpowered initially people.
Not really.

What bothers me isn't the Zeong arm, frisbee radiation wave or the MVS, because all of those are awesome, but the way it moves is... well, strange for what was, in the beginning, a rollerskating close combat mecha.

Those damn wings better be very hard on the energy filler.

On the other hand, plenty of cool poses this episode.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 04:49   Link #203
Takutosuki
Never forget old animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
Ninjas have this rule against carrying cellphones during operations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
it could be because of all the communications being fried and also because of the bomb that went off causing a disturbance

Sure, but wouldn't lelouch also be able to think about that, or know it? of course he can't think straight right now, but going all crazy over not being able to connect to nunnally, and then get a phonecall like "oh, she's all right you know?" lulu: "...oops" seems a little bit non-code-geass.

well, but i hope you are right. it could be true, it's just an anime after all. maybe they couldn't come up with something more logical.
Takutosuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 04:50   Link #204
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Every newly introduced mecha is overpowered initially people. It's been like this since ever. It's just going to need to find it's match somewhere else.
Indeed. There'll be Suzaku's unit and who knows if the new Tristian might not be able to give her a good match as well? and so on... More or less every mech appears overpowered the first time we see it. Often enough we're shown such mechs being capable of wiping out entire armies bu it self (Gundam Epyon and Wing Zero for example), but still meet it's match when it comes to facing other ace pilots and their mechs .
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 04:50   Link #205
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
I still wonder who thought it would be such a fabulous idea to let the Lancelot sortie into a battle in the middle of a city housing millions of people with what is essentially a tactical nuclear weapon.

Racist glasses bitch may be crazy and all, but how could Pudding and Cecile even allow it to sortie with Freya equipped, even if they damn well knew Suzaku would never (usually) use it? Too dangerous from a logical standpoint.

They were probably hoping he'd do it over water, though crazy bitch Nina didn't seem to care.
Old 2008-08-10, 04:51   Link #206
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:

Schenziel was holding the purse strings for Cecile and Llyods work, i guess they were following the old saying about" biting the hand that feeds you".

Plus Suzaku was being well and truly worked over by Schenziel last EP.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 04:57   Link #207
srb
I can see time itself!

If they were fighting in the countryside I might have bought it, but the battle was pretty much centered around the government building - you don't launch a KMF with a tactical nuke attached in a situation like that, it is far too dangerous.

Also, Suzaku does not take orders from Schneizel; why would he launch with Freya in the loadout instead of just getting in and disconnecting the launcher before taking off?

Suzaku's pretty naivë and stupid but he knows how to fight, and weighing yourself down needlessly with a weapon you won't use and that is also too dangerous to use in the current battle? That's not something he would do.

I don't buy this episode.
Old 2008-08-10, 04:59   Link #208
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:

Not really.

What bothers me isn't the Zeong arm, frisbee radiation wave or the MVS, because all of those are awesome, but the way it moves is... well, strange for what was, in the beginning, a rollerskating close combat mecha.

Those damn wings better be very hard on the energy filler.

On the other hand, plenty of cool poses this episode.
What's cheap writing about it. The obvious intention loading it wasn't for him to have the live Geass go off and destroy his own team, but to have it used on the Black Knights as a show of force and a detterence to all the rebellions going on around the world. A sort of "this is the fate that awaits you if you challenge Britannia". The fact that it went off were it did was a sheer fluke.

I don't get whats wrong with the writing there, the flow of logic makes perfect sense when you stop to think about it. I guess it's just going throw the motions. I mean really how often do we see shots taken at the writing for this series. Okuchi must be the most criticized screenwriter for any anime in history by this point and we're not even done yet. Really Geass is the only anime I've ever seen discussed where the writing has become a major talking point outside the 2ch scene.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 04:59   Link #209
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
If they were fighting in the countryside I might have bought it, but the battle was pretty much centered around the government building - you don't launch a KMF with a tactical nuke attached in a situation like that, it is far too dangerous.

Also, Suzaku does not take orders from Schneizel; why would he launch with Freya in the loadout instead of just getting in and disconnecting the launcher before taking off?

Suzaku's pretty naivë and stupid but he knows how to fight, and weighing yourself down needlessly with a weapon you won't use and that is also too dangerous to use in the current battle? That's not something he would do.

I don't buy this episode.
It was said in S1 that Schenziel funded the Lancelot, he owns it. If he wants to put Freya on it there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 04:59   Link #210
patnam

Nunnally's whereabout is unknown... but then Lelouch has to presume she marked as deceased. Therefore, he will have more rage, berserk and he's ready to enter into the demon mode...
Meanwhile, Suzaku is now a second mass murderer after Euphie (thanks to Freya)... but I don't see any civillians (including Milly) perished in explosive when it happened within the Tokyo Government area only affected...
What happened to Gino and Anya anyway when the Freya activated?
Did Gulford truly died in explosive?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 05:01   Link #211
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Though, it seems that FILEJA is a controlled nuclear bomb, seeing how cleanly the explosion ended. I would have thought the sakuradite enhanced bomb would have wiped out the whole place...
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 05:03   Link #212
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Did Gulford truly died in explosive?
Seems that way. Cornelia won't be happy whens he finds out that her whole unit has been wiped out...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 05:04   Link #213
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
It was said in S1 that Schenziel funded the Lancelot, he owns it. If he wants to put Freya on it there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.
Schneizel funded Pudding's research, but Suzaku is a Knight of Rounds; as he's piloting the Lancelot, it was obviously released as his personal KMF, especially as the project for the Vincent and the LanceGMs took off.

I'm not objecting to putting Freya, or whatever the acronym is supposed to be, on it. I am objecting to it being carried into this battle, by Suzaku.
Old 2008-08-10, 05:06   Link #214
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Suzaku is stupid and does what he's told above all else. Nina wanted that bomb there and the Prince backs her. In Suzaku's mind, that's the point where you shut up and do as you're told.
Old 2008-08-10, 05:06   Link #215
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
That's another thing too. It was ordered to put it on the Lancelot. He basically had two options, do what he's told and be able to join the battle, or refuse probably see himself replaced as Lancelot's pilot. As a Knight of Round Suzaku has a lot of clout, but he isn't allowed to act with impunity, he still has to follow his immediate commanders orders and frankly it being Suzaku, he would listen anyway if he wasn't a Knight of Round.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 05:06   Link #216
Var
Banned

Due to it being some time before I should be awake. Let's see if I understood it half-right. Gino now has all bets off with Kallen that she decided the Kozuki name, eg. turning down his offer, but due to Orange, he leaves her to Suzaku.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 05:08   Link #217
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Due to it being some time before I should be awake. Let's see if I understood it half-right. Gino now has all bets off with Kallen that she decided the Kozuki name, eg. turning down his offer, but due to Orange, he leaves her to Suzaku.
Yeah, Suzaku was even kind enough to apologize for having to fight her. That sure bit him in the ass.
Old 2008-08-10, 05:10   Link #218
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i voted "perfect" for this episode

Spoiler for kallen:
Old 2008-08-10, 05:10   Link #219
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Yeah, Suzaku was even kind enough to apologize for having to fight her. That sure bit him in the ass.
Gino was pretty twisted this episode, at the start he was dark (I'm curious if he knew Kallen was going to be executed), and later he casually just flips to wanting to kill Kallen.

On a positive side, Gino x Kallen died. *throws small sleepy parade*
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 05:11   Link #220
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
he still has to follow his immediate commanders orders and frankly it being Suzaku, he would listen anyway if he wasn't a Knight of Round.
But Schneizel isn't Suzaku's immediate commander, and Schneizel has no command authority over the Lancelot. Schneizel may have supreme command of all military forces in Area 11, but Suzaku is not part of the regular command structure and would not have to fly off with Freya attached to his KMF.

The fact that he does so, in a battle where millions of civilians could die to it if it was fired, or somehow malfunctioned (it's untried technology) and went off by itself... I don't buy it. That's not Suzaku.