4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.79%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-30, 22:09   Link #141
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Goddammit...I just love how close Shinobu and Araragi are and the strenthg of their ties....such a warm fuzzy feeling it gives
Old 2012-01-30, 22:10   Link #142
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Mm, those are interesting issues. But the actual duration of his lifespan isn't the most interesting part of this. In the event that he really does outlive his loved ones, what is he gonna do to cope with it?

Sure, right now, he'll give the most idealistic answer, but if reality strikes...
Well, given his nature he will probably stick with it, but in any case this situation offers more insight into his character.
Araragi is by nature someone who doesn't value his life very much. He'd continue to stay alive for the same reason he does now: because someone needs him to. Whether that's Senjougahara or Shinobu. He's not the kind of person who thinks of his own life as having any value in itself. It's a small price to pay to save someone.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:50   Link #143
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I wonder what's with flowers on the scenery this episode.
Is it because "bees are attracted to flowers", in a sense?

<--- And OMG, Shinobu's so high in my avatar.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:51   Link #144
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Araragi is by nature someone who doesn't value his life very much. He'd continue to stay alive for the same reason he does now: because someone needs him to. Whether that's Senjougahara or Shinobu. He's not the kind of person who thinks of his own life as having any value in itself. It's a small price to pay to save someone.
Yea, I would expect that too. But you really have to wonder how far this martyrdom can go.

It's something I can't completely agree with him. But his resolve is something else that I can respect, since in his shoes, what would you/I/we do?

(In before perv comments)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 23:25   Link #145
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Yea, I would expect that too. But you really have to wonder how far this martyrdom can go.

It's something I can't completely agree with him. But his resolve is something else that I can respect, since in his shoes, what would you/I/we do?

(In before perv comments)
I don't think it's necessarily worth respecting, since he's essentially just suicidal. The fact that he refuses to let Shinobu make the same choice (ie: to die for his humanity) makes him sort of a hypocrite too.
Old 2012-01-30, 23:28   Link #146
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I wonder what's with flowers on the scenery this episode.
Is it because "bees are attracted to flowers", in a sense?
I thought it was just SHAFT being SHAFT with their stylistic scenery. I don't remember anything in the novels that indicates Araragi's bathroom or house was that fancy at all.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 23:38   Link #147
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
I don't think it's necessarily worth respecting, since he's essentially just suicidal. The fact that he refuses to let Shinobu make the same choice (ie: to die for his humanity) makes him sort of a hypocrite too.
Yea, that is my main dislike of his character thus far-- a person that cannot respect himself, cannot respect others fully.

But characterization will march on, hopefully.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-01-31, 01:25   Link #148
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Finally a voice of Shinobu after being silent for 2 years...
Didnt expect her to be this (what is the word for this) cunning?
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 01:41   Link #149
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Finally a voice of Shinobu after being silent for 2 years...
Didnt expect her to be this (what is the word for this) cunning?
For me the word is alluring, mostly thanks to that voice.....
Oops, gotta run, I think I hear sirens.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 02:18   Link #150
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Not really, because scenes with him dont make up over 90% of the anime.... plus what scenes? You mean the ones wher he sits in the bathtub and the important parts are blackened, so that the virginity of our eyes is not endangered?

Like I said, I dont mind an erotic scene here and there, but this series is practically nothing but THAT!!! It looks like an animated collection of ecchi pictures. In every scene the girl is stretching herself erototically, posing, revealing what she shouldnt and hitting on Araragi.... which if you ask me is ridiculously inpropable.

The series just goes way too overboard with it and I reached my saturation point. Dropping this.
To be clear, I have nothing against you dropping this series. I do respect your decision. But just to let you know that although I'm not into this series for service scenes, I won't allow them to ruin my enjoyment of the series, especially series full of interesting casts and dynamics with the protagonist. Of course, I'm not saying that everybody should tolerate fanservice, but it's still a shame for someone who has been following a series for the past 19 episodes (bake + nise) suddenly decided to drop it because of fanservice. In my opinion, there is more to it in this series than just THAT. Anyway, best of luck finding other anime series that better suit your taste.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 04:33   Link #151
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well the fanservice was expected , you know these days , Epic anime + Fanservice = More sales.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 05:14   Link #152
Nihokon

I think I just saw Holo the Wise Wolf.
Old 2012-01-31, 05:17   Link #153
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Sho: OK, let's be honest here, what do you expect? They were supposed to have the conversation in the bathroom (for very logical reasons), the alternative would be to show two heads with animated mouths... would anyone prefer that?

Also if anyone wanted loli ecchi there is literally a ton of much more revealing anime and hentai, not to mention to very popular magazines devoted exclusively to loli and teenage hentai (LO & RIN).

How would such a tame depiction of a loli with the mind of 400YO vampire boost the sales exactly? other than the top artistic quality of the scene?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 05:43   Link #154
Clarste
Human

I have to say that the Shinobu scenes were some of the least erotic nudity I've ever seen come out of Shaft. A quick comparison to, well, basically any other scene in Nisemonogatari so far will show that the camera angles and poses and such were really not designed to show off the nudity in a sexy way. I won't deny that naked little girls are naked, but so far as "fanservice" goes it was rather tame compared to the way the same episode treated Hanekawa and Karen.

You have to keep in mind that, in addition to the obvious practical concerns of where to have a private conversation, a large part of the scene was centered around the vulnerability of these two characters. Both Araragi and Shinobu were completely naked the entire time and there was some rather "intimate" conversation about what they meant to each other. It wasn't exactly romantic or sexual though. Just two people exposing everything to each other.
Old 2012-01-31, 05:45   Link #155
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
I have to say that the Shinobu scenes were some of the least erotic nudity I've ever seen come out of Shaft. A quick comparison to, well, basically any other scene in Nisemonogatari so far will show that the camera angles and poses and such were really not designed to show off the nudity in a sexy way. I won't deny that naked little girls are naked, but so far as "fanservice" goes it was rather tame compared to the way the same episode treated Hanekawa and Karen.

You have to keep in mind that, in addition to the obvious practical concerns of where to have a private conversation, a large part of the scene was centered around the vulnerability of these two characters. Both Araragi and Shinobu were completely naked the entire time and there was some rather "intimate" conversation about what they meant to each other. It wasn't exactly romantic or sexual though. Just two people exposing everything to each other.
Indeed, Nudity does not always imply sex, after all. I wasn't bothered and I was one of the people that had gripes with the fanservice earlier in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@Sho: OK, let's be honest here, what do you expect? They were supposed to have the conversation in the bathroom (for very logical reasons), the alternative would be to show two heads with animated mouths... would anyone prefer that?

Also if anyone wanted loli ecchi there is literally a ton of much more revealing anime and hentai, not to mention to very popular magazines devoted exclusively to loli and teenage hentai (LO & RIN).

How would such a tame depiction of a loli with the mind of 400YO vampire boost the sales exactly? other than the top artistic quality of the scene?
Uncensored blurays, bro.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-01-31, 05:56   Link #156
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Uncensored blurays, bro.
For Koyomi's junk, sis
Old 2012-01-31, 05:59   Link #157
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
For Koyomi's junk, sis
Your enthusiasm is underwhelming.

Though I guess he'd be intact. XD

And now given local law it's a bunch of pixels.

Enjoy!

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-01-31, 06:09   Link #158
Malkuth
Banned

^ Don't remind me that the country I moved in recently would rather send you to prison for a bunch of ink stains, rather than get 100 quid from import taxes
Old 2012-01-31, 06:11   Link #159
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
^ Don't remind me that the country I moved in recently would rather send you to prison for a bunch of ink stains, rather than get 100 quid from import taxes
Ugh, you have my condolences. Apparently this shit runs across the world.

"But she was 508, not 8"

Does that work in court?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-01-31, 06:14   Link #160
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
To be clear, I have nothing against you dropping this series. I do respect your decision. But just to let you know that although I'm not into this series for service scenes, I won't allow them to ruin my enjoyment of the series, especially series full of interesting casts and dynamics with the protagonist. Of course, I'm not saying that everybody should tolerate fanservice, but it's still a shame for someone who has been following a series for the past 19 episodes (bake + nise) suddenly decided to drop it because of fanservice. In my opinion, there is more to it in this series than just THAT. Anyway, best of luck finding other anime series that better suit your taste.
Thanks for your kind response.

Well... what can I say that I havent said before? Basically you are right, the show isnt only about ecchi scenes although one might say that the visuals are. The intricate dialogus was, what has drawn me into Bakemonogatari in the first place. I also enjoyed the stories about the girls and how Araragi helped them and his budding relationship with Senjougahara.

However in Nisemonogatari there isnt much plot so far..... I know there is a plot, but it is different to Bakemonogatari and the ridiculous amount of fanservice is distracting. See.... I have a hard time keeping track of the line of conversation, because my eyes are glued to the ecchi stuff the girls are doing and always wondering how far they will go this time. And I ish they would reduce that and show us some plot instead. Something mysterious and mythology laden like in Bakemonogatari.

Frankly, I dont know if it is due to the distracting fanservice or something else, but after 4 episodes of Nise.... I still have no idea what the hell is going on. Somebody cares to explain?

PS: I totally didnt recognize Hanekawa with the new haircut. The only thing I recognised from her was her chest.... lol. I kept thinking that the cleavage looks familiar, but the face doesnt, until it hit me, that she must have changed her hairstyle just like some other girls and its Hanekawa.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote