AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-30, 16:56   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

New PV released today - looks excellent. Miyu Irino in full genki mode and some serious Nakamura visual idiosyncrasies.

NoitaminA is back, Baby! Our long nightmare is over.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-30, 17:00   Link #22
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....

The name of the duck the Indian guy is carrying is named TAPIOCA?!??!?

Well, after watching the preview (and tyvm for the translation Kakkou! ) I am looking forward to this one a little more now!
Old 2012-03-30, 22:02   Link #23
Utsuro no Hako

Laid back red head, hyperactive blonde, uptight megane, and a dark haired taciturn guy. Make the last one a twin and you have the cast of Kimi to Boku.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 06:45   Link #24
Kirarakim

I wasn't really interested in this at first but those visuals look gorgeous. I haven't loved a Nakamura series since Mononoke but maybe this will break that trend.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:33   Link #25
KuroTsuki14

Focus on boys' youth, Indian guy and his pet duck named Tapioca, Aliens, Fishing, Boy meets Alien boy, noitaminA, A-1 Pictures, one-quarter French boy, fishs ( & Betta fish ), Fat cat ( I love fat cat ), Miyu Irino playing other genki boy, fishing to save the world? What more I can ask for?

I bet Chizuru long lost cousin is Haru or maybe in different universe Chizuru is Haru lol

Coco, Misaki and Yuki's grandma seem like interesting characters too but not sure other two girls.

Btw is it too soon to shipped Arika and Tapioca?????
Old 2012-04-06, 14:18   Link #26
shels

Crunchyroll also picks tsuritama
shels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 13:54   Link #27
Horse

Loved the first episode. Hope it keeps it up.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:53   Link #28
webkid94
*Author

LOVE the art, especially Yuki's....face. This show reminds me of Kimi to Boku so much, only with better animation and a LOT more energy. Definitely a keeper.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 14:55   Link #29
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Well...I was expecting K-ON with fishing. I got K-ON on crack. LOT'S of crack.
WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WATCH?!
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 15:26   Link #30
LKK

Episode 1 was bizarre. Delightfully bizarre. Filled with absurd imagery and mystifying characters. I loved it and will be back next week for more.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 15:35   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Great art, but I'm not captivated by the story and characters...yet. Or maybe my lukewarm reaction is because I'd just watched the first ep of Sakamichi no Apollon, which was great.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 15:42   Link #32
kuromitsu

I.... I'm not quite sure what I just watched but it was great. XDDD;;
I love the art, the characters are pretty fun so far, and the whole thing is charming, I'm looking forward to the next episode!
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 15:47   Link #33
leokiko

Why is this season so great? I don't have time to watch all of this.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy Tsuritama at all. I thought it was going to be shitty, now that I watched it, I'm screwed....
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 16:23   Link #34
FireChick

I just watched this and...I LOVE IT!!! I'm totally watching it!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 17:45   Link #35
Terizent
Nonsense!

This is pretty good. But using mind control water guns has got to be a flagrant violation of interplanetary laws or something.
Old 2012-04-12, 18:13   Link #36
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
New PV released today - looks excellent. Miyu Irino in full genki mode and some serious Nakamura visual idiosyncrasies.

NoitaminA is back, Baby! Our long nightmare is over.
I haven't watched the first episode yet but I just realized something...Miyu Irino seems to be in all 3 of the male slice of life series that have started up in 2011-2012. I find that interesting.
Old 2012-04-12, 19:16   Link #37
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

This anime was pretty weird and fun. Almost surprising that both Noitamina series are about an outcast guy befriending another strange male, yet both of them are extremely different. I wasn't planning on it (as I just heard about this anime), but I might stick with this one.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 19:25   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I haven't watched the first episode yet but I just realized something...Miyu Irino seems to be in all 3 of the male slice of life series that have started up in 2011-2012. I find that interesting.
He's definitely the go-to for genki blonde boys.

Damn it Japan, why are you trying to kill me? Too many good shows this season - and this another triumph for NoitaminA. What a perfect foil for Sakamichi - equally compelling but totally different.

I think what's really fascinating here is that while this is still distinctly Nakamura - surrealistic, intellectual, visually creative - it's his most human work by far, for me. I think what he's done here is taken every teenaged boy neuroses and idiosyncrasy and built a farcical anime around it. Being stared at, voice breaking, the rising wall of water... How interesting that in both NoitaminA shows we have MCs who are subject to panic attacks, and each director finds a clever but totally different way to bring it to life on screen.

A great cast obviously, but Ohsaka Ryota is the surprise for me. He's little-known but this is a very endearing performance. I loved everything about that first day in Enoshima - the scene on the train (I've had that dilemma before), the cracking of the voice, running around the new house excitedly checking out every room, Googling everything he sees on his smartphone.... Wonderful stuff.

NoitaminA, back at the epicenter of quality anime where it belongs. What a great decision to turn the block over to auteurs - their love of the craft and talent really shines through. From the worst NoitaminA ever, to one of the best.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-12, 20:08   Link #39
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wasn't expecting this, but that was pretty good. Liked the art, Irino Miyo fit perfectly for Haru. I'm guessing the whole save the world thing has to do with the preliminary story they showed. I hope we get more screen time for Tapioca.
Old 2012-04-12, 20:20   Link #40
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Great show! I really like the fabric like animation and bright colours I can't wait to see more of Tapioca XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fishing, friendship, noitamina