AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-12, 15:10   Link #1
AuKwOrD1

Blade of the Immortal

just got done reading the first couple of volumes and lemme say just this, i was very impressed.I was wonderin if anyone else has read it and would like to share some views on it. i wish they would hurry and make this into an anime cause it would be off the hook if they did ,cause this shit is too ill.
Old 2004-01-12, 15:27   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

Views on it? Actually I've only read vol 1-4 and Anotsu and that Rin chick are really getting on my nerves. However I do like Manji so I think I'm going to read some more of it in the future. So long as they don't keep preaching and preaching, anyway.
Old 2004-01-12, 16:51   Link #3
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Let just say that I'm dying to wait the volume 12
Old 2004-01-12, 17:15   Link #4
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
i've read that until an animation studio agrees to samura's every demand, he's not going to let it be animated. i think along the lines of he has control of the story and they animate it like he draws.... i dunno really, it's just something i read.

anycase Manji and Magatsu are .... awesome. Makie is quite good as well. Rin's still a whiny brat, but that's what she is. and Anotsu will always be Anotsu, but you get to see more of his character later, actually quite a bit in the latest issues (i get the monthly version that darkhorse does).
(edit- that makes this about ch 86 i believe)

i think it's the best samurai pieces i've read (although that doesn't say too much as i've only read about 3 or 4)

Last edited by fenrihr; 2004-01-12 at 17:53.
Old 2004-01-12, 17:18   Link #5
BME
Belldandy Fanboy

Location: Stockholm, Sweden, Where Polar bears roam the streets
I haven't read to much of it yet, itīs serialized her in Sweden so itīs like a chapter a month, but what I have read so far of it is really good.
Old 2004-01-13, 14:28   Link #6
Hast

You can get the Dark Horse translation quite easily in Sweden. If you want to go faster than the translation in Manga Mania. (I kind of doubt that they will finish it anyways, it'd take many years at the current pace.)
Old 2004-01-13, 19:36   Link #7
AuKwOrD1

thx for the reply's , i hope they really do make this into an anime. it would be rather interesting to watch but not till after i read the rest of the manga's of course...has anyone read the manga "Lone wolf and cub" (i think thats what its called) if so, is it worth reading?thx again peace
Old 2004-01-13, 21:43   Link #8
AnimeFangirl

Ooooh, I love Lone Wolf and Cub. It's not much more violent than BotI, a bit bloodier and more sexed-up, I suppose. Anyway, Itto is badass and hot to boot. Try vol 1, if you don't like it then don't bother.
Old 2004-01-14, 13:15   Link #9
AuKwOrD1

will do..thx for the insight on it
Old 2004-01-24, 05:19   Link #10
Bedlam
Delphic Babel

this manga is badass... too bad i haven't read it in a long time... but man... the storyline is great. a little heavy to stomach from time to time, but, nothing to compared some other mangas out there (i.e. berserk).
Old 2004-01-25, 13:36   Link #11
Merco
I like pie

Well, kinda unrelated, but I've managed to read volume 12, "Autumn Frost"... and here's my take on it...

Spoiler:

that's about it...
Old 2004-01-25, 14:35   Link #12
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I do not want to see this animated under any circumstances.
1. Lots of people are enjoying the story just fine the way it's being told.
2. I don't really want to see it in color.
3. I especially would not want to see CG and other cost-cutting measures applied to a production of the show.
4. Taking the story from the beginning and stopping at point x just leaves fans of the manga with another Berserk on their hands - i.e., people who didn't read the manga will be confused etc.
5. The character designs will suffer in the translation.
6. There's a good chance the music would be all wrong.

I have enjoyed the manga plenty. I thought the first 4 volumes had the most impact and that it is getting harder for the writer to come up with things for the characters to think or say (the "preaching" that Dorfl is having a hard time with). The big bloody 2-page spreads seem to be less common as well.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-04-22 at 01:53.
Old 2004-01-25, 20:22   Link #13
AuKwOrD1

i dont think samura would let the anime go down like that.
Old 2004-01-25, 20:50   Link #14
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuKwOrD1
i dont think samura would let the anime go down like that.
That's all good but I don't want to see it anyway. It would be impossible to avoid all those problems (I can't see it being done in black and white, can you?) and ultimately the anime wouldn't stand up to the manga.

I have read lots of Takahashi's manga too but I never liked the anime adaptations of Ranma 1/2 or Maison Ikkoku or Inu-Yasha.

I am not saying that BOTI will never become an anime or that I would rather it not be adapted. I just don't have any interest.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-04-22 at 01:54.
Old 2004-01-26, 00:15   Link #15
AuKwOrD1

oh ok, well all im saying is that i would like to see how the "anime" would turn out if it ever does..i think it would be interesting..if samura is as stubborn as he is with the manga then i dont think the anime will take a turn for the worse..but thats only my opinion
Old 2004-01-26, 00:42   Link #16
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuKwOrD1
oh ok, well all im saying is that i would like to see how the "anime" would turn out if it ever does..i think it would be interesting..if samura is as stubborn as he is with the manga then i dont think the anime will take a turn for the worse..but thats only my opinion
^_^;;; Didn't mean to blow you off... if the manga wasn't as good as it was I might want to see an anime too. Hope you are still enjoying it.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-04-22 at 01:54.
Old 2004-01-26, 00:44   Link #17
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
wait...is this liscensed in the US? I'm getting interested....someone care enough to supply a link?
Edit: do not link if this is liscensed
Old 2004-01-26, 01:48   Link #18
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deralti
wait...is this liscensed in the US?
Blade of the Immortal has been licensed by Dark Horse for quite awhile now; 11 graphic novels have already been printed. The story concerns samurai, ronin and vengeance in feudal Japan. The artwork is all pencil work. Notable features of the manga include lengthy expository passages and full 2-page spreads of climactic scenes (i.e. someone getting sliced 'n' diced).

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-04-22 at 01:54. Reason: somethign was wrong ^_^;;;
Old 2004-01-26, 16:33   Link #19
Will
Toebeard the Pirate

Send a message via AIM to Will Send a message via MSN to Will
There's so much in Blade of the Immortal that really wouldn't translate well to the screen; the contrast between the pen and pencil art is one factor that springs to mind. I think the creator is right in being strict as it would be so easy to ruin.
Old 2004-01-26, 18:44   Link #20
AuKwOrD1

yea you do got a valid point and yea im still enjoying it.. just read the secrets graphic novel and i can't wait till the next one....im just tired of seeing anime that supports the younger audience thats why i was rather interested in hearing that BOTI would possibly become an anime.
Closed Thread