AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-17, 02:41   Link #141
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
I doubt it would be considered an insult. Once Fate garner enuf funds from BD sales and popularity. They might consider it as profitable to make the Fate/Prototype anime. And hell, I bet the fans would love it, personally I'd always love to see more of UFOtable + Fate
Yeah but the FSN Nisual Novel is the finished product that Nasu put his heart and soul into. To make a Fate/Prototype is almost like saying all that effort was for nothing. At least that's what it would feel like to me.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 03:42   Link #142
giorno

apparently, that's also what it would feel like to nasu and takeuchi
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 09:45   Link #143
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Eh, considering they have no qualms milking the franchise with Fate/Extra and Fate/Apocrypha...
Old 2012-04-17, 11:14   Link #144
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Eh, considering they have no qualms milking the franchise with Fate/Extra and Fate/Apocrypha...
They could use the Fate/Extra excuse for Prototype. Yes, another different universe.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 11:43   Link #145
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah but the FSN Nisual Novel is the finished product that Nasu put his heart and soul into. To make a Fate/Prototype is almost like saying all that effort was for nothing. At least that's what it would feel like to me.
oh please the reason why they went with Shiro as the MC instead Ayaka was because they figure tradition Harem setting would sell more then a reverse Harem Setting. If the reverse harem setting had more financial potential then we would be complaining about Ayaka instead of Shiro.

The Original FSN with Ayaka as the MC was already finish before TM decided to turn Nasu's LN into a VN and switch the Shiro for Ayaka.
Old 2012-04-17, 11:47   Link #146
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That would change the meme uses of Shiro a bit.
While the "People die when they are killed" would probably still show up somehow...the "You lost me" would be a bit different.

And the, um...traditional explaination of how to jump start Saber...that would be, um...awkward.
"Jam it in!"

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-04-17 at 12:51.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 12:28   Link #147
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
oh please the reason why they went with Shiro as the MC instead Ayaka was because they figure tradition Harem setting would sell more then a reverse Harem Setting. If the reverse harem setting had more financial potential then we would be complaining about Ayaka instead of Shiro.

The Original FSN with Ayaka as the MC was already finish before TM decided to turn Nasu's LN into a VN and switch the Shiro for Ayaka.
Thank god that they did that, lol.
Old 2012-04-17, 13:17   Link #148
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:

That was the original reason why Ayaka was changed to Shirou but considering that Ayaka and Shirou are two completely different characters, with Shirou having multiple sides to him, I think Nasu put a lot more thought into it afterwards than just swapping genders. Really I think Fate/Prototype is only similar to the Fate route. UBW and Heaven's Feel seem completely different.

Quote:
Yeah but those were completely new stories, non-canon and only semi-serious at most.
Old 2012-04-17, 17:06   Link #149
giorno

apocrypha isn't even a project to begin with, and it wasn't done by Nasu

prototype is, well, the prototype of FSN. Hence why turning it into a project would feel like undermining FSN. According to Takeuchi, iirc
Old 2012-04-17, 17:10   Link #150
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
According to Takeuchi, iirc
Source?____
Old 2012-04-17, 17:12   Link #151
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

I like FSN better anyway. This seems like it would just be a cheap knockoff.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 17:18   Link #152
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

prototype is, well, the prototype of FSN. Hence why turning it into a project would feel like undermining FSN. According to Takeuchi, iirc
Not so much a protoype as a already finish novel, which was basically rewritten completely form scratch when convert to VN. Not sure how releasing it would undermine FSN. Other then a concept the two shares absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
I like FSN better anyway. This seems like it would just be a cheap knockoff.
How deep

this cheap knockoff was the original written by Nasu back in college.
Old 2012-04-17, 17:26   Link #153
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

That's nice.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 17:47   Link #154
giorno

Quote:
Source?____
the small prototype material booklet they published right after the OVA
Old 2012-04-17, 20:11   Link #155
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Well, partly it was. Nasu participated in the creation of original designs and some of the characters invented himself. But his participation in the current novel version is uncertain. Currently, we only know that the first chapter was written by Yuichiro Higashide.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 20:15   Link #156
giorno

...that's the thing: that wasn't the first chapter...that was the only chapter...apocrypha is all that, it's not even a real project, and nasu doesn't have anything to do with it...
Old 2012-04-17, 21:06   Link #157
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
the small prototype material booklet they published right after the OVA
And what exactly did it says in the booklet, word-by-word?

And what's Nasu's stated opinion on the subject?
Old 2012-04-18, 02:49   Link #158
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Not so much a protoype as a already finish novel, which was basically rewritten completely form scratch when convert to VN. Not sure how releasing it would undermine FSN. Other then a concept the two shares absolutely nothing.
"Takeuchi: Nasu's original story wasn't completed, but had its ending. I thought for almost ten years: "How did he come up with this ending?" It means a lot for me to be able to help finish this story."

http://comipress.com/article/2006/06/30/386

I don't know how much of that it just translation but it seems to me that Prototype wasn't a fully completed story.
Old 2012-04-18, 04:31   Link #159
giorno

Quote:
And what exactly did it says in the booklet, word-by-word?

And what's Nasu's stated opinion on the subject?
heh, i'm too lazy to go back to search for it, do it yourself if you don't believe me

and nasu's opinion is the same as takeuchi, obviously, since takeuchi was speaking for TM, not for himself...
Old 2012-04-18, 04:47   Link #160
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
heh, i'm too lazy to go back to search for it, do it yourself if you don't believe me

and nasu's opinion is the same as takeuchi, obviously, since takeuchi was speaking for TM, not for himself...
I'm asking for the source because I never encountered it before and still haven't. Hell, I only heard of this claim today.

Well here's the thing. Since there's no exact quote available I can only guess what they actually intend to say, and right now I could think of two possibilities:
a) There won't be a Fate/Prototype anime, period
b) They won't write any expanded material but other writers are permitted to expand on it just like what others did (or tried, in case of FA) with Extra and Apocrypha. And Zero too, because IIRC most of the writing was done by Urobuchi

See the difference?