AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-19, 00:40   Link #14881
GundamFan0083

The police don't seem to think so.

After all, they released this statement according to the article you linked to.

"The death is currently being treated as unexplained but not thought to be suspicious. Police investigations into this incident are ongoing."
Old 2011-07-19, 00:41   Link #14882
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And how many people in Scotland Yard have resigned over this so far?
Old 2011-07-19, 00:43   Link #14883
GundamFan0083

I know, I was being sarcastic.
Old 2011-07-19, 02:31   Link #14884
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Yea, I smell murder. Kill the guy who knows something. If you've ever played the game "mafia"; and you're on the "mafia" side, then you go kill the guy who "knows something".
I wouldn't just jump to that conclusion actually. While it can be suspicious, and I can see how that's the case, the fact that it made it to the mass media means someone wasn't able to cover it up well if it was a murder. If it was a job, we prolly wouldn't even know it happened.
Old 2011-07-19, 02:37   Link #14885
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

Whoa, that is extremely chilling. I can't help but be suspicious that Hoare's death was a murder. This phone scandal seems to get more and more twisted.
Old 2011-07-19, 03:00   Link #14886
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

He could have offed himself out of some sort of guilt for causing everyone to lose their jobs? Or was made to look that way...

/sunglasses?
Old 2011-07-19, 04:12   Link #14887
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

I don't think it's a murder, firstly if he was going to get murdered it would have happened earlier, and secondly, practically speaking his death isn't going to cover up much, there are far too many other people who know all about this stuff for his death to achieve much. And Thirdly, with the eyes of the world on this scandal, I think it would be a bit foolish to kill him now.

And I doubt he had anything new to say, as he already blew the whistle a while back. If he had more to reveal he would have already done it.

Let's not be too quick to leap to conclusions.
Old 2011-07-19, 04:22   Link #14888
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Or he could have been killed to make it seem worse than it is (someone against Mudoch as oppose to one of Mudoch's people). Kind of like forcing public opinion even farther away form Mudoch than it already is.

Just a thought to cover everything.
Old 2011-07-19, 04:31   Link #14889
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
I don't think it's a murder, firstly if he was going to get murdered it would have happened earlier, and secondly, practically speaking his death isn't going to cover up much, there are far too many other people who know all about this stuff for his death to achieve much. And Thirdly, with the eyes of the world on this scandal, I think it would be a bit foolish to kill him now.

And I doubt he had anything new to say, as he already blew the whistle a while back. If he had more to reveal he would have already done it.

Exactly, when the news is already out and everyone knows what happened, it would be kinda late to assassinate him since the damage to them has already been done. That's why I'm reluctant to call murder on it yet. Jobs have already been lost, and NotW has already shut down.
Old 2011-07-19, 05:07   Link #14890
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post

Aye. The whole thing has gone beyond one man or one organisation. Now, if the US authorities were to question if Fox News had done something like this....
Old 2011-07-19, 05:27   Link #14891
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Banks continue robo-signing
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...76H5XX20110718
That's either than they don't learn or they don't care.
Old 2011-07-19, 05:35   Link #14892
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Banks continue robo-signing
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...76H5XX20110718
That's either than they don't learn or they don't care.
Well, the general excuse many companies give from from deviating from destructive protocols is that "it costs too much to change".

My local banks still swipe ICs through their system to check the CRB (credit rating bureau) when trying to do someone's credit card application instead of doing a personal financial survey - the excuse is that it takes up too much time of the bankers. Same goes for loan application even if someone has taken multiple loans that are unpaid and not declared.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-07-19, 10:02   Link #14893
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Texas death row killer forgiven by shooting victim

It's good to know that both of them have learn to forgive, forget and try to moved on with their lives. Best of luck of having the execution appealed.
Old 2011-07-19, 10:53   Link #14894
AnimeFan188

LulzSec Defaces Murdoch Paper With Mogul’s Fake Death Notice

"They’re back. The hacker gang LulzSec, after declaring retirement last month,
cracked the Rupert Murdoch–owned New Times on Monday and used it to host a
fake news story declaring that the embattled media mogul had been found dead
at his home."

See:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/07/murdoch/
Old 2011-07-19, 11:18   Link #14895
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Israeli navy seizes Gaza-bound yacht
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...76I18G20110719
Old 2011-07-19, 12:12   Link #14896
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Good for them. At least someone knows how to maintain a legal blockade.
Old 2011-07-19, 12:40   Link #14897
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

That depends on the perspective on what is a legal blockade.

On one side, they see the Israeli navy doing a good job stopping a group of trouble makers. On the other side, they see the Israeli navy being unjust to stop an innocent group delivering humanitarian aid.
Old 2011-07-19, 12:49   Link #14898
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A blockade is a blockade. It is declared and one is not suppose to cross it without being challenged. Unless broken by military power, a blockade is generally considered effective. One can contest it all they like, but the blockade is legal by the international definition of a blockade.

This yacht had stated it was heading to Egypt and then changed course for Gaza to run the blockade. Of course it is going to be challenged and it is going to look suspect since it changed its destination...and the other ships it was to go with were kept in Greece because they too had intended to run the blockade, which is seems at least the Greek government considers legal.

The UN has declared the blockade to be legal. If one wants to get humanitarian supplies to Gaza, go though the proper channels, don't run a blockade. (Besides, going the proper route takes one only 20 or so miles away from Gaza, leads to a inspection either in Egypt or Israel, and then you can get the stuff delivered...at least the stuff that isn't considered contraband.)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-07-19 at 13:01.
Old 2011-07-19, 12:58   Link #14899
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
A blockade is a blockade. It is declared and one is not suppose to cross it without being challenged. Unless broken by military power, a blockade is generally consided effective. One can contest it all they like, but the blockade is legal by the international definition of a blockade.

This yacht had stated it was heading to Egypt and then changed course for Gaza to run the blockade. Of course it is going to be challenged and it is going to look suspect since it changed its destination...and the other ships it was to go with were kept in Greece because they too had intended to run the blockade, which is seems at least the Greek government considers legal.

The UN has declared the blockade to be legal. If one wants to get humanitarian supplies to Gaza, go though the proper channels, don't run a blockade.
Aye, whatever opinion I have of the parties (Israel, etc) is irrelevant. There are legitimate ways to get aid to Gaza and this isn't one of them. It doesn't "prove" anything or highlight any injustice... I just see people wasting energy and time doing something stupid.
Old 2011-07-19, 19:36   Link #14900
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Teen killed parents, then had party

I do wonder how this boy's development from childhood to how he is now lead to this.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international